You think Derek Anderson is regretting not signing with the Lakers?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: You think Derek Anderson is regretting not signing with the Lakers?

from rockets.com practice report:

Quote:
Jeff Van Gundy

(on what the Bogans move means for Derek Anderson)
Derek and I had a meeting yesterday that was scheduled before he said he was asking for a meeting. Since we already had a meeting scheduled, I found it interesting that he we asking for a meeting. He was brought in here to help a good team make a move up, and we certainly aren’t in the same position as we were at the start of the year. He’s missed 29 straight games since Dec. 14 and not really been on the practice floor. Since I knew we would be trading for Keith (Bogans), I thought it would be the right time to get together and see how we would move forward. We both came to the conclusion that it would be best if we tried to find another team for him. That’s what we’re going to try to do.

(on why they reached that decision with Anderson and Jon Barry’s status)
“It benefits us because we get out of the second year of his contract and we have more roster flexibility going forward, and frankly, this is no knock on him, but what you don’t want to do is surround McGrady, who’s had some health issues; we need to get bigger and a little more durable back there. We got into a situation this year where the two guys we had to protect McGrady fell by the wayside. I think it will be good for him. He would be best served on a very good team because he’s a very, very bright player and he will be able to help somebody, certainly. As far as Barry, he’s played in five games and played 29 minutes since Nov. 25, and he said he was healthy before back in January and he got hurt again. He likes to talk, but he knows where he stands because I’ve met with him a few times.”

(more on Anderson’s situation)
“I’m just saying it’s in both of our interests right now for him to be someplace else. For him, it gives him a chance to play more than he’ll play here and also to get with a team with a better record and also try to establish his contract for next year. For us it gives us flexibility not to have the second year of his contract and Keith Bogans is a restricted free agent – we can see how that works out for us the rest of the year, and then we have right of first refusal. Derek was a true pro while he was here; he’s a great guy, he’s smart as heck and he’ll be a great addition to some other team.”

DA could of been playing starting point guard for the Lakers right now. Instead the coach doesnt even want him on the team. Hes been healthy for about 2 weeks now and the coach would rather trade him.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject:

And I'm not regretting the fact we didn't sign him
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Yep...could've been here getting some of Kobe's shine. Oh well, he made his choice, now he's gotta live with it.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Do you mean taking less money to play for a worse team? I suppose we can trade for Aaron McKie for Anderson.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject:

I think there is probably little doubt the Rockets and Lakers traded calls. If you were the Rockets that would be the first team to call since he narrowed it down to us and them. It would be ironic if he played here for us for less than what we were offering.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject:

At this point, the Lakers probably wouldn't trade for him knowing what he had done in the summer - comments etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: You think Derek Anderson is regretting not signing with the Lakers?

KobeButler wrote:
from rockets.com practice report:

Quote:
Jeff Van Gundy

(on what the Bogans move means for Derek Anderson)
Derek and I had a meeting yesterday that was scheduled before he said he was asking for a meeting. Since we already had a meeting scheduled, I found it interesting that he we asking for a meeting. He was brought in here to help a good team make a move up, and we certainly aren’t in the same position as we were at the start of the year. He’s missed 29 straight games since Dec. 14 and not really been on the practice floor. Since I knew we would be trading for Keith (Bogans), I thought it would be the right time to get together and see how we would move forward. We both came to the conclusion that it would be best if we tried to find another team for him. That’s what we’re going to try to do.

(on why they reached that decision with Anderson and Jon Barry’s status)
“It benefits us because we get out of the second year of his contract and we have more roster flexibility going forward, and frankly, this is no knock on him, but what you don’t want to do is surround McGrady, who’s had some health issues; we need to get bigger and a little more durable back there. We got into a situation this year where the two guys we had to protect McGrady fell by the wayside. I think it will be good for him. He would be best served on a very good team because he’s a very, very bright player and he will be able to help somebody, certainly. As far as Barry, he’s played in five games and played 29 minutes since Nov. 25, and he said he was healthy before back in January and he got hurt again. He likes to talk, but he knows where he stands because I’ve met with him a few times.”

(more on Anderson’s situation)
“I’m just saying it’s in both of our interests right now for him to be someplace else. For him, it gives him a chance to play more than he’ll play here and also to get with a team with a better record and also try to establish his contract for next year. For us it gives us flexibility not to have the second year of his contract and Keith Bogans is a restricted free agent – we can see how that works out for us the rest of the year, and then we have right of first refusal. Derek was a true pro while he was here; he’s a great guy, he’s smart as heck and he’ll be a great addition to some other team.”

DA could of been playing starting point guard for the Lakers right now. Instead the coach doesnt even want him on the team. Hes been healthy for about 2 weeks now and the coach would rather trade him.

Actually, he couldn't have been playing any role with us because - as usual - he's spent most of the year injured.

Guy is one talented WIMP. Can't play through anything.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject:

DA would also be injured even if he were in LA... He can play a little bit but, he is just to much of a "girly man" I was so relieved when he moved on. The bad thing however, is that we still have part II of men who have to pay extra for insurance coverage... I'm so tired of that individual I can't even mention his name....
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject:

To tell the truth I'd rather have Mckie than Anderson at this point. If McKie comes back at least he has had some exposure to the triangle. I don't think Derek could've helped as much.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject:

I would think the only thing the Lakers might do is use their JJ trade exception on him...and then dump Slava. That would probably happen at the deadline since Slava is good trade filler and the Lakers may want to explore all options. Sounds like the Rockets would like to just get the fragile diva off the books.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject:

nobody is better. He should never wear the colors
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject:

I know we need help, but I honestly hope we find someone else. He has a history of being brittle; perhaps this is a preview of the years ahead (well, year and a half anyway).

Last edited by angrypuppy on Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
To tell the truth I'd rather have Mckie than Anderson at this point. If McKie comes back at least he has had some exposure to the triangle. I don't think Derek could've helped as much.

What we should have done is kept JJ and not used the mid-level OR just given the full mid-level to Sprewell for 2 years (buy-out option in the 2nd yr - like Vlade). We really mismanaged our mid-level exception.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:

What we should have done is kept JJ and not used the mid-level OR just given the full mid-level to Sprewell for 2 years (buy-out option in the 2nd yr - like Vlade). We really mismanaged our mid-level exception.

again....
Steady Mobbin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject:

didn't Derek say something like "I rather take less money & win with the rockets then to play for the laker and lose"

Eff this bum. we don't need another injured prone on this team. hes just as useless as aaron mckie.
mitch&kwame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Buss is definitely regretting for signing Mr.Mckie and Mr.Kwame.

That's what we all know.
JBIIRockets
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject:

We'll trade you Derek Anderson for John Celestand.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject:

mitch&kwame wrote:

That's what we all know.

why would buss regret trading for kwame?
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
mitch&kwame wrote:

That's what we all know.

why would buss regret trading for kwame?

yes, why? Mr Kwame shot down Yao.
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
And I'm not regretting the fact we didn't sign him

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Should have kept his mouth shut about about the winning team part
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject:

I bet Antonio Daniels is regretting not signing with us also.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject:

Daniels is doing fine in DC.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject:

Karma, sweet karma...so how do you like that winning team you signed with now, DA? They should get to the finals any decade now...
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject:

Daniels got his contract.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: