Grayson Allen vs JJ Reddick c. 2004 vs Christian Laettner c. 1992
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Grayson Allen vs JJ Reddick c. 2004 vs Christian Laettner c. 1992

Go!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Surprised somebody posted something about this douche around here....a good punch to the face will set him straight.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject:

I mean, I can't believe I'm saying this, but if we're talking about the most despicable of the three ... prisoner of the moment, sure, but I think it's probably Grayson Allen by a (bleep) mile. Three instances of tripping an opponent in the first month or so of the season? He's making Draymond Green look like Mother Teresa, FFS!

Laettner was pretty unbearable, but his is a redeemable story in some ways. Similarly, Reddick was a smug douchebag; but again, not a completely irredeemable story.

But this (bleep) guy ... Grayson Allen? His parents ... his family ... his loved ones ... lemme find out they really care about this (bleep). No, he's gotta be the worst ...

He's not on the Mount Rushmore of punchable faces just yet (the list is much longer than four names, but let's just go with Dick Cheney, Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich and Rudy Guiliani for now), but he's getting there ...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject:

BTW, Coach K doing nothing to change his behavior makes me think he doesn't mind as long as they win....therefore the NCAA or ACC has to suspend him.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
I mean, I can't believe I'm saying this, but if we're talking about the most despicable of the three ... prisoner of the moment, sure, but I think it's probably Grayson Allen by a (bleep) mile. Three instances of tripping an opponent in the first month or so of the season? He's making Draymond Green look like Mother Teresa, FFS!

Laettner was pretty unbearable, but his is a redeemable story in some ways. Similarly, Reddick was a smug douchebag; but again, not a completely irredeemable story.

But this (bleep) guy ... Grayson Allen? His parents ... his family ... his loved ones ... lemme find out they really care about this (bleep). No, he's gotta be the worst ...

He's not on the Mount Rushmore of punchable faces just yet (the list is much longer than four names, but let's just go with Dick Cheney, Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich and Rudy Guiliani for now), but he's getting there ...

I've posted this before:

http://i.imgur.com/tSmj72M.jpg
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
the association wrote:

I've posted this before:

http://i.imgur.com/tSmj72M.jpg

Next stop: http://celebrityimages.org/images/0506891/0506891_10.jpeg
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject:

Grayson Allen literally has the most punchable face of all time. Maybe it's just the uncanny Ted Cruz resemblance but man... I hated that kid from the first time he set foot on the court as a freshman.

I'm too young to hate Laettner, and don't now that I've seen the 30 for 30

My hatred for Reddick was never all that intense, though I sure as (bleep) didn't like him. Idk I just never got the "pompous (bleep)" vibe from him as much as other Dukies
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject:

Suspended indefinitely.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18331583/duke-blue-devils-suspend-grayson-allen-another-tripping-incident

Now we will see if he really means that he'll change the way he acts or those words ring hollow.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject:

That it took Mike K that long to do the right thing is equally as appalling as the acts Allen has done. It's an indefinite suspension which pretty much means, when we start losing, we'll bring him back.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject:

you hear coach K's comments? "I've handled it the right way so far, and will continue doing so". talk about arrogance. he didn't do crap last year when this happened twice.

even last night he half heartedly criticized grayson for what he did. and still played him 21 mins in the second half after he trips a player, then has a melt down on the bench. all coach K cares about is wins and his own ego. mentor my ass.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject:

I think it's ridiculous how much hate Grayson Allen is getting. He tripped a player. He didn't kick someone in the nuts (like Draymond Green) or punch a fan (like Marcus Smart).

In fact, I've seen alot worse flagrant fouls committed over the course of every game than a player tripping another player.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:

Take your liberal BS somewhere else.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
the association wrote:

Take your liberal BS somewhere else.

We can take this conversation in a lot of directions (my preference would be straight the (bleep) to Temecula, however), but let's try to resolve our differences like adults. Which of the four names I mentioned caused you to blanch and say, "Oh, hell no ... THAT guy isn't deserving of a crushing punch to the face!" ... ?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
I think it's ridiculous how much hate Grayson Allen is getting. He tripped a player. He didn't kick someone in the nuts (like Draymond Green) or punch a fan (like Marcus Smart).

In fact, I've seen alot worse flagrant fouls committed over the course of every game than a player tripping another player.

Probably because this is not the first time he's done it....its his 3rd time....and he never got punished the two previous times, which is why he keeps doing it. I blame Coach K as much as Grayson Allen, considering he enabled such behavior by not punishing him. But its all fine and dandy as long as Duke wins right? Also if Kobe is punished for something like an unnatural basketball act for 1 game that the refs deemed as a non-shooting motion why did it take 3 offenses to finally get a punishment? Yeah, one is in the pros and one is in the NCAA, so I understand there are different standards, but if you don't punish somebody for doing something that might injure an opposing player they will keep doing it as long as they can get away with it. I bet this is the type of thinking Grayson Allen went thru in his thought process.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Steve "Wojo" Wojcichowski 1998
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Steve "Wojo" Wojcichowski 1998

Snap, I forgot! Good 1!
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject:

Surprised that Wojo wasn't mentioned sooner. It's these kind of incidents and coach K's response that lessen his image. Then again, he's a disciple of Bobby Knight, a world-class a-hole. It's too bad there's many around like them and in the media that try to denigrate someone like Wooden to prop up coaches like K and Knight.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Surprised that Wojo wasn't mentioned sooner. It's these kind of incidents and coach K's response that lessen his image. Then again, he's a disciple of Bobby Knight, a world-class a-hole. It's too bad there's many around like them and in the media that try to denigrate someone like Wooden to prop up coaches like K and Knight.

link? I believe you, but I don't follow college hoops too closely and I've never seen anyone try to undermine coach Wooden. Sounds pretty stupid. Thank you.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:32 am    Post subject:

Whisk me back to that place in time where Danny Ainge was this kind of doucher, a pesky mosquito to opponents. An annoying little booger. He actually did trip a Knick once, one who reacted with street cred swiftness. It resulted in a halfcourt brawl with a couple of Knicks trying to Axe and Smash him while he was in the fetal position. Then the fracas is stopped, Ainge gets up not really worse for the wear, both parties take the rest of the game off, game continues, no big whoop, no apologies. There WAS such a place in time, don't tell me it didn't exist. It might've even extended to 1992 when Laettner stepped on the opponent, I'd like to see the footage from that night of Coach K admonishing said move IF it exists. Ainge was numerous times worse than this Junior Cruz, he once even got Sedale Threatt to pop him. I want to go back there. I've set the time machine to 1982. I made sure to put in the crystals. I've attached the circuits to my genitals. Ready to flip the ON switch! ZAP!!!1...
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Meh. He got nothing on Dellavedova.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject:

The bigger question is will he make an NBA roster?
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:10 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

DX has him as a late first. So I'd bet he makes an NBA roster his first couple years. Not sold on him as a long term NBA player tho. Undersized 2
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

DX has him as a late first. So I'd bet he makes an NBA roster his first couple years. Not sold on him as a long term NBA player tho. Undersized 2

Honestly, his role is no different from Redick or Korver. He may not be as pure of a shooter, but the guy can get to the FT line, and that counts for a lot.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Honestly, his role is no different from Redick or Korver. He may not be as pure of a shooter, but the guy can get to the other player's legs, and that counts for a lot.

fify

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject:

I remember not liking him when I saw him in maybe two ncaa games last season. haven't watched anything so far this season but looks like he's back at it
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: