TANK THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 257, 258, 259  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
So you hate all our young guys.

And you want another young guy.

Ok.
I don't hate our young guys. I don't think they're franchise players or let alone superstars.

You say that every one of them sucks. And would say the same if we get another young player.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
So you hate all our young guys.

And you want another young guy.

Ok.
I don't hate our young guys. I don't think they're franchise players or let alone superstars.

You say that every one of them sucks. And would say the same if we get another young player.
Clarkson does suck. He's not even part of the core though. Randle is not very good. I like Ingram and Russell.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Didn't think the tank would be back again. Wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers find a way to make up the 2-3 games for the 8th spot and get in the playoffs.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject:

I love you guys but let's chill. Good night to all!
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject:

I wish we could pull off what Chicago did when they got Rose.

9th to last and jump to #1 pick lol.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
The NBA owes the Lakers all the luck in these drafts after the crap they pulled with Chris Paul.

I think the only way the Lakers keep their pick is if they get lucky this year....the league outside of the stacked teams in both the west and east is pretty bad this year.

Lakers need the kind of magic that the Orlando Magic got years ago when they drafted Shaq, went 41-41 and didn't get in because of tiebreakers since they tied with the Pacers who had the 8th seed, had the worst odds to win the lottery and STILL got the number 1 pick. That's what the NBA owes LA.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
The NBA owes the Lakers all the luck in these drafts after the crap they pulled with Chris Paul.

I think the only way the Lakers keep their pick is if they get lucky this year....the league outside of the stacked teams in both the west and east is pretty bad this year.

Lakers need the kind of magic that the Orlando Magic got years ago when they drafted Shaq, went 41-41 and didn't get in because of tiebreakers since they tied with the Pacers who had the 8th seed, had the worst odds to win the lottery and STILL got the number 1 pick. That's what the NBA owes LA.

forgot about that. thats (bleep) crazy.
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

No more tanking....we have done enough of that. This team is gonna get better as the season goes on.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject:

I don't want them to tank, but at this point I can't see them getting any of the top 8 seeds in the West unless some big changes occur in the player development. But if they do miss the playoffs, the Orlando Magic 1993 scenario would be a great consolation prize.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject:

JH from Hemet wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

No more tanking....we have done enough of that. This team is gonna get better as the season goes on.

That's the thing. I think we've already played our best basketball. That 10-10 stretch was it.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
JH from Hemet wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

That's the thing. I think we've already played our best basketball. That 10-10 stretch was it.

i think we can return to that though
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Don't need to "tank". Just keep everything and everyone in place. Mitch and Jim missing out on picks, former players as coaches to placate fan base, and decent but not great players that do not fit together.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
Trade the top 3 pick, and DLo for John Wall. I hope Wall becomes disgruntled and forces is way out of DC.

That's one of the worst trade I've seen recently, good job.
High usage, can't shoot, average defense, good to very good playmaker. This year he has very solid teamates, what's their record ? And you want to give D'Lo AND top pick ? D'Lo is young, so even if he's struggling, you should recognize potential (see GT stats in the D'Lo thread), with Wall you know what you have. Do you want Wall to be your franchise player ?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
tj24 wrote:
This team is trash and should be tanking. I like our chances of keeping the pick if Lou is traded but I'm sure the FO will be asleep at the deadline
Mitch doesn't wake up until draft night.

So, one time more than some folks?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Right, they should just throw the season away before Christmas, even though they're only 2.5 games out of the 8th spot....lol. That would be the most stupid thing ever.

To be real, my hopes for them making the playoffs are starting to fade, but I'm still radically opposed to tanking, and that won't change. As of now, it's looking like they have too much to learn about what it takes to win games, especially on the road. I'm starting to think this season will end up being more of a learning experience in that sense. They're learning how important it is to start games with your foot on the gas, rather than waiting until you've dug yourself into a hole. And with the way these recent games have gone, they're also learning the importance of keeping your foot on the gas even when you're up big. There's a way to play when you have the lead.

Something we'd do well to bear in mind is that they really didn't get much of a chance to learn some of these hard lessons last year since it was mostly just one big dumpster fire. They were getting blown out in the first half most games, so a lot of these hard lessons about closing tight games, how to protect big leads, etc. is basically new to them.

This team has a ton of potential, but my gut tells me it's more likely that they'll fight to the end and come considerably close to making the playoffs, but come up just a bit short. And that's more than okay with me if it turns out that way. Having learned those hard lessons this year and probably signed/acquired another substantial piece (or two), I'd say they'll be pretty poised to make a serious run at it next year. This "second round/conference finals or tank" idea is just moronic. You're throwing away season after season if you think that's rational. It's not. This isn't 2k. You have to sustain losing habits and hardly be learning anything if you're finishing in the bottom three year after year. Tanking doesn't expedite crap. It only makes the climb back to the top drag on LONGER because you're losing on purpose and constantly adding a brand new 19 year old (or two) year after year who you have to wait on. And judging from the way you people trash the young guys that are already on the team, you wouldn't be able to handle it if they added another one anyways.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Right, they should just throw the season away before Christmas, even though they're only 2.5 games out of the 8th spot....lol. That would be the most stupid thing ever.

To be real, my hopes for them making the playoffs are starting to fade, but I'm still radically opposed to tanking, and that won't change. As of now, it's looking like they have too much to learn about what it takes to win games, especially on the road. I'm starting to think this season will end up being more of a learning experience in that sense. They're learning how important it is to start games with your foot on the gas, rather than waiting until you've dug yourself into a hole. And with the way these recent games have gone, they're also learning the importance of keeping your foot on the gas even when you're up big. There's a way to play when you have the lead.

Something we'd do well to bear in mind is that they really didn't get much of a chance to learn some of these hard lessons last year since it was mostly just one big dumpster fire. They were getting blown out in the first half most games, so a lot of these hard lessons about closing tight games, how to protect big leads, etc. is basically new to them.

This team has a ton of potential, but my gut tells me it's more likely that they'll fight to the end and come considerably close to making the playoffs, but come up just a bit short. And that's more than okay with me if it turns out that way. Having learned those hard lessons this year and probably signed/acquired another substantial piece (or two), I'd say they'll be pretty poised to make a serious run at it next year. This "second round/conference finals or tank" idea is just moronic. You're throwing away season after season if you think that's rational. It's not. This isn't 2k. You have to sustain losing habits and hardly be learning anything if you're finishing in the bottom three year after year. Tanking doesn't expedite crap. It only makes the climb back to the top drag on LONGER because you're losing on purpose and constantly adding a brand new 19 year old (or two) year after year who you have to wait on. And judging from the way you people trash the young guys that are already on the team, you wouldn't be able to handle it if they added another one anyways.

I agree with alot of what you said in this post. But the bolded I don't see. I don't see a realistic trade or free agency happening that would drastically improve our roster. Especially in the next year. If DLo outplays Lou. JC outplays Nick. Ingram outplays Deng. Or Black/Zubac outplays Mozgov in the near future. Sure. We could trade away a vet or not re-sign them in free agency. And get a better piece in exchange. But the young guys outperforming the vets is tough to imagine at the moment.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject:

You don't have to call it tanking if you're just plan ol losing. No other way to describe dropping 11 out of 12. Hard to believe we're still only a couple games out of the playoff hunt.

If we're clearly out of it by the deadline, I would look into trading some vets for long term assets. Is that considered tanking?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject:

I still think diplomatic solutions are possible. Don't think boots and tanks on the ground are necessary.

But I'm not burying my head in the sand. I realize we are 1-11 since being .500 12 games ago.
And the only win was against Philly
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
You don't have to call it tanking if you're just plan ol losing. No other way to describe dropping 11 out of 12. Hard to believe we're still only a couple games out of the playoff hunt.

If we're clearly out of it by the deadline, I would look into trading some vets for long term assets. Is that considered tanking?

That would require Mitch doing his job before June.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

And what would that job be? How about instead of hot take nimrodery, we get some cogent, "I know what the (bleep) I'm talking about, even a little bit" analysis and observation. Anyone can belly ache.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

And what would that job be? How about instead of hot take nimrodery, we get some cogent, "I know what the (bleep) I'm talking about, even a little bit" analysis and observation. Anyone can belly ache.

I mean where do I start...

Well, we can take it all the way back to when we had Pau and he refused to trade Pau for even a late first rounder when the whole world knew Pau was leaving in FA.

How long do you have?
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
Trade the top 3 pick, and DLo for John Wall. I hope Wall becomes disgruntled and forces is way out of DC.

High usage, can't shoot, average defense, good to very good playmaker. This year he has very solid teamates, what's their record ? And you want to give D'Lo AND top pick ? D'Lo is young, so even if he's struggling, you should recognize potential (see GT stats in the D'Lo thread), with Wall you know what you have. Do you want Wall to be your franchise player ?

Yes, I'd want Wall to be my franchise player for the next 4 season. He's 26, just entering his prime.

23.7 PPG
9.7 Assists
2.3 steals

Shooting 46/34/81. Yeah, I'd take him in a heartbeat. I hope Washington blows their team up. They have struggled to a 13-15 record this year with he and Beal starting most of the season.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Well, we can take it all the way back to when we had Pau and he refused to trade Pau for even a late first rounder when the whole world knew Pau was leaving in FA.

How long do you have?

Again, no one was offering even a late first rounder. How about starting with facts you can document instead of whatever speculation works for your idea?
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:

Yes, I'd want Wall to be my franchise player for the next 4 season. He's 26, just entering his prime.

23.7 PPG
9.7 Assists
2.3 steals

Shooting 46/34/81. Yeah, I'd take him in a heartbeat. I hope Washington blows their team up. They have struggled to a 13-15 record this year with he and Beal starting most of the season.

Which there is no chance of that happening, and teams can offer better packages for him anyways. Also that still won't get us pass GSW.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

How long do you have?

Again, no one was offering even a late first rounder. How about starting with facts you can document instead of whatever speculation works for your idea?
you know this how? Let me guess no one was offering a 2nd rounder either
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 257, 258, 259  Next
Page 2 of 259
Jump to: