TANK THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 256, 257, 258, 259  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Not Lakers tank related, but Orlando won tonight while Philly lost giving the Sixers sole control of the #4 draft slot. The Knicks beat the Sixers by a point while Minnesota lost by a bucket, tying them both for sixth worst odds.
Disappointing. There's a part of me that really wants to spite the Sixers just because their fans have been obnoxious about having our pick

Agreed, visiting LibertyBallers is like watching ISIS propoganda videos for me these days.
boxesofboxes
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

What makes Sixers fans so haughty and superior?
Greatness
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

A 9 game increase from last season and a shot at a top 3 pick. I'll take it.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject:

I predicted 27 wins, JUUUUUUUUST a bit outside

!...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

boxesofboxes wrote:

It's part of the process.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

We went from the 2nd worst team in the League to the 3rd. Wow, so much progress...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

53% more wins.
tkLAKERS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
We went from the 2nd worst team in the League to the 3rd. Wow, so much progress...

Baby steps...
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Not Lakers tank related, but Orlando won tonight while Philly lost giving the Sixers sole control of the #4 draft slot. The Knicks beat the Sixers by a point while Minnesota lost by a bucket, tying them both for sixth worst odds.
Disappointing. There's a part of me that really wants to spite the Sixers just because their fans have been obnoxious about having our pick

Man you have no idea how much I want to keep the pick this year and then somehow make the playoffs next year just to spite them...
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:

I guess we have to blow it up like the Thunder did when Durant's team only improved from 20 wins to 23 wins from his rookie to sophomore year. Oh wait...
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject:

boxesofboxes wrote:

Probably because they're fans of a competent organizations.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject:

lakid wrote:
petergr wrote:
Albert Nahmad‏ @AlbertRandom1 9m9 minutes ago
Lakers will go to draft lottery with 46.9% chance of keeping their 2017 and 2019 1st-round picks (and 53.1% chance they'll go to PHI + ORL).

Sigh..... let's just pray that we luck out and get to keep our pick so that we can finally put this tank era behind us.
If we lose this pick Luke Walton and his arrogance and stupidity is going to be held in serious contempt by lakers fans

You are right.

Let's hope that everything works out for the Lakers on the lottery day. Otherwise it is going to be pretty ugly.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
boxesofboxes wrote:

Probably because they're fans of a competent organizations.
What they say about Colangelo is basically word for word what people said about Jim. I wouldn't be so confident
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:

I guess we have to blow it up like the Thunder did when Durant's team only improved from 20 wins to 23 wins from his rookie to sophomore year. Oh wait...

babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
tox wrote:

Man you have no idea how much I want to keep the pick this year and then somehow make the playoffs next year just to spite them...

Sign me up for that plan. Would love to see all the Sixers fans crying next year. Philly sports fans suck. They are the worst.

Even though I've got doubts about Ball, I'd rather keep the pick when all is said and done:

1. Add another player now who can grow quickly with the rest of the core.
2. Have a tradeable asset
3. Have no incentive to tank next year.
4. Keep the 2019 pick.
5. Shove a cheesesteak up every Hinkie-worshipping Philly fan's...errr... nose.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
lakid wrote:
petergr wrote:
Lakers will go to draft lottery with 46.9% chance of keeping their 2017 and 2019 1st-round picks (and 53.1% chance they'll go to PHI + ORL).

Sigh..... let's just pray that we luck out and get to keep our pick so that we can finally put this tank era behind us.
If we lose this pick Luke Walton and his arrogance and stupidity is going to be held in serious contempt by lakers fans

You are right.

Let's hope that everything works out for the Lakers on the lottery day. Otherwise it is going to be pretty ugly.

So lame that the organization gets a pass if we happen to keep the pick. It's just water under the bridge, right? I have a feeling we keep it but even if we do this "win streak" should be a strike against new management imo.

I really don't like the new front office or how the old one went out but I'm hoping they do well because if not us fans are the ones who have to suffer from their mistakes.

Also, sitting deng and mosgov only hurts whatever trade value they may or may not have...I don't like that decision either. I feel like they should at least be coming off the bench. What do we do with them for the remainder of their contracts? Sit them out and hope everyone forgets about them?

Honestly confused about what's going on or the direction of the organization right now.

End rant
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
laker4life wrote:
lakid wrote:
petergr wrote:

You are right.

So lame that the organization gets a pass if we happen to keep the pick. It's just water under the bridge, right? I have a feeling we keep it but even if we do this "win streak" should be a strike against new management imo.

I really don't like the new front office or how the old one went out but I'm hoping they do well because if not us fans are the ones who have to suffer from their mistakes.

Also, sitting deng and mosgov only hurts whatever trade value they may or may not have...I don't like that decision either. I feel like they should at least be coming off the bench. What do we do with them for the remainder of their contracts? Sit them out and hope everyone forgets about them?

Honestly confused about what's going on or the direction of the organization right now.

End rant

If you can distinguish between the process and the results, the direction of the organization is clear: tank as hard as possible, but not completely at the expense of the young guys.

If expected scrubs like Ennis, Nwaba, and Brewer end up winning you games... what are you going to do?
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
laker4life wrote:
lakid wrote:
petergr wrote:

You are right.

End rant

If you can distinguish between the process and the results, the direction of the organization is clear: tank as hard as possible, but not completely at the expense of the young guys.

If expected scrubs like Ennis, Nwaba, and Brewer end up winning you games... what are you going to do?

Idk man...when's the last time we went on a win streak? Seems like the strangest time for it to happen imo. I understand what you're saying but it just doesn't seem right.

The young core have been playing hard all season and still losing...even with deng n mosgov. Even with Lou Williams. Now all of a sudden we know how to win?

not gonna lie I'm pissed about losing out on the odds. I don't want or like losing but we have been losing all damn season...what's a few more L's if it could help make us better in the future?

If you're worried about it hurting the young core you should just bench em all
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject:

I grew up the biggest magic Johnson fan. I loved magic more than any other player to date but if I saw him in person I might accidentally sucker punch him.

That win streak really pissed me off becUse I was fully prepared to lose one last season so we could turn things around next year with another top 3 pick.

Somebody has to be blamed for it so screw magic lol
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:

So I think it's safe to say that Byron Scott is the (bleep) worst coach of all (bleep) time.
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
So I think it's safe to say that Byron Scott is the (bleep) worst coach of all (bleep) time.

Byron Scott is one of the best Tank Commanders of all time. He'll most likely be elected to the Tank Hall Of Fame.
Jjennings369
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: The Tank is over

I will propose to my gf during the 1st game of the season if we kill this offseason. I think our offseason strategy will depends on what happens May 16th. I'm torn between wanting to keep the pick and losing it. Losing it because 2018 is a deeper draft and I have faith that we'll be a .500 team next season (with some trades and FA of course). As far as FA's are concerned I have a Dream/Realistic wish list. If we keep the pick I prefer defense or playmaking over scoring. Our young core can put points up its the perimeter defense and creating for others we struggle with.

Dream List:
Hayward
Milsap
Chris Paul
Jrue Holiday
JJ Reddick

Realistic List:
Plumlee
Hardaway JR
James Johnson
Kelly Olynk

Draft Picks (Top3/Houston pick) or (Houston/2nd Round):
Jackson/Tyler Lydon or TJ Leaf/Jawun Evans
Ball/Jordan Bell or Bolden/ Sindarius Thornwell
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

God there sure are a bunch of toddlers on this thread.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

It was a rough year for the tank, see ya'll next season.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
It was a rough year for the tank, see ya'll next season.

There won't be a next season since we are getting the 1st pick this year. Which will be official on May 16th.

Glad it's over.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 256, 257, 258, 259  Next
Page 257 of 259
Jump to: