TANK THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 257, 258, 259  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject:

If the 76ers end up with Fultz and Ball I'll quit sports.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:

Depending on how the rest of the season plays out, it's honestly a very real possibility.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
pio2u wrote:
The tank took a direct hit to the gut tonight. The Kings are going to crash and burn big time for the remainder of the season. Kings 15 game losing streak coming up.

Sorry but....They already have 24 wins. If they go 5-20 they will be at 29 wins. 4th/5th spot with Magic. probably a couple wins above our 27 wins 2/3 spot.

Also, the Kings have 2 more games vs. PHX this season, 1 more vs. us. That could help us get a game on them in the standings!

it's not the Kings, this only adds to the logjam,, you need to be watching out for Orlando, Philly, Minny, Dallas moreso now than ever..
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
pio2u wrote:
The tank took a direct hit to the gut tonight. The Kings are going to crash and burn big time for the remainder of the season. Kings 15 game losing streak coming up.

Sorry but....They already have 24 wins. If they go 5-20 they will be at 29 wins. 4th/5th spot with Magic. probably a couple wins above our 27 wins 2/3 spot.

Also, the Kings have 2 more games vs. PHX this season, 1 more vs. us. That could help us get a game on them in the standings!

it's not the Kings, this only adds to the logjam,, you need to be watching out for Orlando, Philly, Minny, Dallas moreso now than ever..

I meant it'd help us get a game on PHX. Who'm I think is our only competitor
Other teams just aren't this bad, SAC is now tho
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pio2u wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
pio2u wrote:

I meant it'd help us get a game on PHX. Who'm I think is our only competitor
Other teams just aren't this bad, SAC is now tho
true. Win or lose our next game vs PHX will be big.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:

I'd rather have that than the Celtics getting one of them.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

Kings are going to win like 2 games from here on out. When they end up near the top Philly will just take their pick. Such a failure of a franchise....And they may be taking our pick too..good lord Philly
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
petergr wrote:
tox wrote:
petergr wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
The Kings might have built the biggest tank we have seen this decade.

76ers have swap rights with them. There is no point in Kings trying to tank. Even if the win the lottery, the pick goes to 76ers. Also, they owe an unprotected 2019 pick to 76ers. We need to hire Hinkie.

Well, Hinkie did what the Lakers did in the Lin trades and the Calderon trades.

But he committed to it. No half ass attempts to retool by getting a former all-star center (Hibbert lol)... so that cap space could go towards salary dumps (even longer term) for assets.

It's admirable how well he executed his vision. It'd also get him thrashed in the LA media. Too short-term for that kind of (bleep). And I doubt Jeanie would be on board with it either.

I think he can adapt his strategy to the needs of the market. Its not only about tanking. He was always ready when someone was ready to be stupid like the Kings or Suns. He just stole the first round pick from Orlando too and the Kings and Lakers picks were great heists out of thin air...both of them will end up very high draft picks...and in Kings case it could be two top-5 picks for light salary dumps.

The only puzzling thing that he ever did was drafting Okafor...I wonder if he was so set on getting DLO and panicked by the Lakers pick

That's a fair take. I guess the counterpoint to it is that he's a bit too calculated and I don't think it builds a good culture. I imagine it gets demoralizing to a point when you're getting treated like assets instead of people -- just look at LO & Pau after the veto.

He's definitely a sharp guy though.

Agreed on the treating players as assets piece...he has some work to do on that front.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

Depending on how the rest of the season plays out, it's honestly a very real possibility.

How though? If Sacramento gets a top 3 pick, Philly trades with them. They don't keep their own pick after the trade. Even if Sacramento won the Lottery and Philly got 2nd, they would swap. Philly won't have 1 and 2, just 1. Our pick is top 3 protected. Only way they get Fultz and Ball is if one of those guys drops to 4. Does Philly have another pick I'm forgetting about?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

How though? If Sacramento gets a top 3 pick, Philly trades with them. They don't keep their own pick after the trade. Even if Sacramento won the Lottery and Philly got 2nd, they would swap. Philly won't have 1 and 2, just 1. Our pick is top 3 protected. Only way they get Fultz and Ball is if one of those guys drops to 4. Does Philly have another pick I'm forgetting about?

Ball is projected at #4 and #5 in some mock draft projections
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

I know but I assume the original poster assumed those were the top two guys. Why else highlight those two
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

I know but I assume the original poster assumed those were the top two guys. Why else highlight those two

I think many project them as #1 & #2 or at least both in top 3, so i am not sure
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

I think many project them as #1 & #2 or at least both in top 3, so i am not sure

That's why I assumed he thought there was a chance Philly could get two picks in the top three. I was just pointing out there's still no way Philly can get two pics in the top three.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:

It is a possibility.

Also the Lakers may get him as well.

The journey to build a contender is very daunting and clearly is not as easy as Jimbo Buss thought when he made the idiot statement about building a contender in 3 to 4 years.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

I've seen Ball going at 4 or 5 in mocks. Those are just two players I personally enjoy watching. If Phili got our pick, which would land at 4 or 5 most likely, I'd feel depressed seeing a Phili game knowing that could have been our pick.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject:

welp according to IT twitter (from past experiences) the Celtics have done something....
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
welp according to IT twitter (from past experiences) the Celtics have done something....

PJ Tucker, come on down!
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

PJ Tucker, come on down!

cant wait till ainge comes out and says didnt want butler cuz they wanted rozier
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Vishnu wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

I've seen Ball going at 4 or 5 in mocks. Those are just two players I personally enjoy watching. If Phili got our pick, which would land at 4 or 5 most likely, I'd feel depressed seeing a Phili game knowing that could have been our pick.

Those projections must have been from last month. Lonzo has stepped up in conference play after a lackluster December, so unless there's some overseas prospect that suddenly pops up on the radar, he's a shoo-in for top 3.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Hello Again!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

So now the tank is on Magic and Jeanie
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Is Magic a friend to the Tank?
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I sure hope so!
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject:

The tank must be priority. Blow everything up, whatever .

But keep the tank alive
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Too much of a friend which is why his first announcement is to bring back Byron Scott! JK.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 257, 258, 259  Next
Page 92 of 259
Jump to: