TANK THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 257, 258, 259  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Megaton wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Megaton wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Megaton wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
I think he will be tanking very hard to end the season now that the FO has been changed. Need that top 3 pick dammit.

Yup, need Markelle Fultz.

Fixed. I'm not buying on Josh Jackson.

The only way we have a chance at Fultz is to suck up to the Celtics for that number #1 pick.

And the number 1 pick we shall receive.

Also to cave in to what ever the Celtics want I mean they have their own ideas in mind.

Celtics won't get the 1st pick. Let's not kid ourselves. The lottery gods don't support those green meanies.

Well they don't like us either.

The last two years say otherwise tho.

Third time is the charm. Believe.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Megaton wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
I think he will be tanking very hard to end the season now that the FO has been changed. Need that top 3 pick dammit.

I'm not sure why so many people want fultz. To have double dlo's in the backcourt. Too much skill set overlap. We don't need another undersized combo guard. Jackson is the truth. There's never once been a successful team in NBA history with a dual combo guard backcourt.

Because twice the DangeRuss equals twice the Fultz.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Epic day for the tank!

Not just the Lou deal, which is huge in its own right, but because this is exactly the type of active tank move that Jim and Mitch repeatedly failed to make.

Magic gets it- if you're going to be bad, you want to be really bad. Top 3 pick this year and 2019 1st too important to not maximize our chances of keeping.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
Epic day for the tank!

Not just the Lou deal, which is huge in its own right, but because this is exactly the type of active tank move that Jim and Mitch repeatedly failed to make.

Magic gets it- if you're going to be bad, you want to be really bad. Top 3 pick this year and 2019 1st too important to not maximize our chances of keeping.

What if he turns around and gets Paul George lol.

What a day indeed. Man it feels like weeks!
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Megaton wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

I'm not sure why so many people want fultz. To have double dlo's in the backcourt. Too much skill set overlap. We don't need another undersized combo guard. Jackson is the truth. There's never once been a successful team in NBA history with a dual combo guard backcourt.

You never draft for need especially that high in the draft...that is when team end up picking Sam Bowie over Jordan. If they are both so good and become redundant, you can easily move them for a star.
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

petergr wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Megaton wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

You never draft for need especially that high in the draft...that is when team end up picking Sam Bowie over Jordan. If they are both so good and become redundant, you can easily move them for a star.

Same thing happened when Portland took Oden over Durant because they had Aldridge.
If we are lucky enough to get #1 pick we have to take Fultz.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject:

petergr wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Megaton wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Sure if there's a can't miss prospect like a lebron or a Davis. This isn't the case here. It's really depends on what the front office likes more and considers best available. We won't know that till after workouts.

Last edited by DangeRuss on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject:

lakid wrote:
petergr wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Megaton wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Same thing happened when Portland took Oden over Durant because they had Aldridge.
If we are lucky enough to get #1 pick we have to take Fultz.

This one doesn't make sense, Portland took a center because they had a center? Shouldn't they have taken KD by that logic?
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:33 am    Post subject:

Are we sure the front office change helps the tank ?
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:46 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
Are we sure the front office change helps the tank ?

Of course it does. The new front office does not have a getting better timeline hanging on their head. They get a free pass on this season record as they have inherited this .The best player on the team has been traded within an hour.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject:

petergr wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Megaton wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

right, just like Philly had such an easy time moving Okafor and Noel...oh wait, they haven't. Every situation is different, and each team has to make the best decision for themselves. I get the common line is that you should not draft for need, but the fact is there are and have been situations where need should be considered. In my opinion, this draft is Fultz as 1A, and Jackson as 1A.1.....but for our current team and roster, it is close enough that I feel Jackson has more benefits. He has a unique set of skills and personality that will fit well with DLo and Ingram....aka synergy. I feel like DLo is 95% of Fultz, and there are concerns over overlapping skills. You do not have to agree with my assessment, but I am pointing our where I feel it is prudent to consider need and / or fit.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject:

Before he even played college ball people were constantly talking about Oden like he was going to be the next Shaq. They thought he would be way better than Bynum. Portland picked him because people thought he would be amazing. It wasn't just a pick to fill a need.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
petergr wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Megaton wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

right, just like Philly had such an easy time moving Okafor and Noel...oh wait, they haven't. Every situation is different, and each team has to make the best decision for themselves. I get the common line is that you should not draft for need, but the fact is there are and have been situations where need should be considered. In my opinion, this draft is Fultz as 1A, and Jackson as 1A.1.....but for our current team and roster, it is close enough that I feel Jackson has more benefits. He has a unique set of skills and personality that will fit well with DLo and Ingram....aka synergy. I feel like DLo is 95% of Fultz, and there are concerns over overlapping skills. You do not have to agree with my assessment, but I am pointing our where I feel it is prudent to consider need and / or fit.

If they are graded almost the same...then you may consider it. The problem with Philly is different, Okafor is horrible...and they are expecting something of value in return. Noel is decent..but is going to be a restricted free agent in 2 months. And the league is full of teams with surplus bigs that no body knows what to do with.

If one of DLO or Fultz is horrible then the question of what do with both of them becomes moot. If both turn out good/great...I am sure there will be plenty of suitors.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject:

The Sixers are going into extreme tank mode. They just traded away Ersan Ilyasova.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
The Sixers are going into extreme tank mode. They just traded away Ersan Ilyasova.

Because with Embiid and Noel, and saric and real soon Simmons there was a real log jam. they got what they could for him now.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Because with Embiid and Noel, and saric and real soon Simmons there was a real log jam. they got what they could for him now.

Sixers just deployed the PL-01 prototype, this is gonna be a photo finish...Noel dumped
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Sixers will be a problem. I doubt they play Embiid again and no point in bringing Simmons back now.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Suns are worse as well. We really needed to trade Nick Young. Would be tough to buy him out since I doubt he would give up his salary next season in a buyout.

Another tank move would be Brewer stealing Nick's minutes. Hell if you really want to make it obvious just start Metta.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

I'm not volunteering for the tank squad but it seems we've all been drafted anyway.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
Epic day for the tank!

Maybe Magic doesn't know that when DLO gets more minutes, the Lakers win more games.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject:

20 games or so to go, as crappy as it is, overall our team will be better staying in the bottom 3, hopefully that ends this year.

Since anything can happen, who knows maybe this will be our year to land the number one spot!
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
Epic day for the tank!

Maybe Magic doesn't know that when DLO gets more minutes, the Lakers win more games.

Lakers outscored opponents by 27 points when Lou Williams played and were outscored by 391 when he was on the bench. Source. Trading Lou will negatively impact us more than playing Russell will positively impact us, for the remainder of the reason.

Which is fine, by the way. Russell turned 21 today. He needs more minutes to blossom into the player he has the potential to be in the next few years.

And some stats just for comparison's sake:

ORtg
Lou - 118
Russell - 100

DRtg
Lou - 113
Russell - 112

BPM
Lou - 2.5
Russell - -0.4

WS
Lou - 5.1
Russell - 0.7
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
Epic day for the tank!

As long as the young guys are the main reason we're winning games, I'll be happy.
Blackhart217
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Good day, the Tank lives and the PG13 dream still lives for 2018. Now more than ever especially with Philly, Sac about to challenge us for the Top 3 spots before lottery night plus Phoenix, every L counts..........Every one.

I don't care how many minutes Russell plays now with Lou gone, the Lakers will be a weaker team without Lou, hopefully it's enough to grab and keep #2 spot.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Blackhart217 wrote:
Good day, the Tank lives and the PG13 dream still lives for 2018. Now more than ever especially with Philly, Sac about to challenge us for the Top 3 spots before lottery night plus Phoenix, every L counts..........Every one.

I don't care how many minutes Russell plays now with Lou gone, the Lakers will be a weaker team without Lou, hopefully it's enough to grab and keep #2 spot.

do not take your eye off Orlando
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 257, 258, 259  Next
Page 94 of 259
Jump to: