TANK THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 256, 257, 258, 259  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Baron Von Humongous
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 8355
Location: DMV

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Not Lakers tank related, but Orlando won tonight while Philly lost giving the Sixers sole control of the #4 draft slot. The Knicks beat the Sixers by a point while Minnesota lost by a bucket, tying them both for sixth worst odds.
Disappointing. There's a part of me that really wants to spite the Sixers just because their fans have been obnoxious about having our pick

Agreed, visiting LibertyBallers is like watching ISIS propoganda videos for me these days.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
boxesofboxes
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 35

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

What makes Sixers fans so haughty and superior?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Greatness
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 609

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

A 9 game increase from last season and a shot at a top 3 pick. I'll take it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 46601
Location: Coming soon and striking at your borders.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject:

I predicted 27 wins, JUUUUUUUUST a bit outside
_________________
LAVAR 3:16...

Hypebeasts we know aboutchea'
Don't rep the Lakers unless they popular...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 79076
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

boxesofboxes wrote:
What makes Sixers fans so haughty and superior?


It's part of the process.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 5237

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

We went from the 2nd worst team in the League to the 3rd. Wow, so much progress...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 79076
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

53% more wins.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tkLAKERS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 03 Nov 2010
Posts: 177

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
We went from the 2nd worst team in the League to the 3rd. Wow, so much progress...


Baby steps...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AY2043
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 9334

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Not Lakers tank related, but Orlando won tonight while Philly lost giving the Sixers sole control of the #4 draft slot. The Knicks beat the Sixers by a point while Minnesota lost by a bucket, tying them both for sixth worst odds.
Disappointing. There's a part of me that really wants to spite the Sixers just because their fans have been obnoxious about having our pick

Man you have no idea how much I want to keep the pick this year and then somehow make the playoffs next year just to spite them...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 8195
Location: The (real) short corner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
We went from the 2nd worst team in the League to the 3rd. Wow, so much progress...


I guess we have to blow it up like the Thunder did when Durant's team only improved from 20 wins to 23 wins from his rookie to sophomore year. Oh wait...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BynumForThree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Feb 2016
Posts: 681

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject:

boxesofboxes wrote:
What makes Sixers fans so haughty and superior?

Probably because they're fans of a competent organizations.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Nov 2001
Posts: 7068

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject:

lakid wrote:
petergr wrote:
Albert Nahmad‏ @AlbertRandom1 9m9 minutes ago
Lakers will go to draft lottery with 46.9% chance of keeping their 2017 and 2019 1st-round picks (and 53.1% chance they'll go to PHI + ORL).


Sigh..... let's just pray that we luck out and get to keep our pick so that we can finally put this tank era behind us.
If we lose this pick Luke Walton and his arrogance and stupidity is going to be held in serious contempt by lakers fans


You are right.

Let's hope that everything works out for the Lakers on the lottery day. Otherwise it is going to be pretty ugly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 11527

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
boxesofboxes wrote:
What makes Sixers fans so haughty and superior?

Probably because they're fans of a competent organizations.
What they say about Colangelo is basically word for word what people said about Jim. I wouldn't be so confident
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 14652
Location: The Garden Island

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
We went from the 2nd worst team in the League to the 3rd. Wow, so much progress...


I guess we have to blow it up like the Thunder did when Durant's team only improved from 20 wins to 23 wins from his rookie to sophomore year. Oh wait...


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 14652
Location: The Garden Island

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
tox wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Not Lakers tank related, but Orlando won tonight while Philly lost giving the Sixers sole control of the #4 draft slot. The Knicks beat the Sixers by a point while Minnesota lost by a bucket, tying them both for sixth worst odds.
Disappointing. There's a part of me that really wants to spite the Sixers just because their fans have been obnoxious about having our pick

Man you have no idea how much I want to keep the pick this year and then somehow make the playoffs next year just to spite them...



Sign me up for that plan. Would love to see all the Sixers fans crying next year. Philly sports fans suck. They are the worst.


Even though I've got doubts about Ball, I'd rather keep the pick when all is said and done:

1. Add another player now who can grow quickly with the rest of the core.
2. Have a tradeable asset
3. Have no incentive to tank next year.
4. Keep the 2019 pick.
5. Shove a cheesesteak up every Hinkie-worshipping Philly fan's...errr... nose.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 4038

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
lakid wrote:
petergr wrote:
Albert Nahmad‏ @AlbertRandom1 9m9 minutes ago
Lakers will go to draft lottery with 46.9% chance of keeping their 2017 and 2019 1st-round picks (and 53.1% chance they'll go to PHI + ORL).


Sigh..... let's just pray that we luck out and get to keep our pick so that we can finally put this tank era behind us.
If we lose this pick Luke Walton and his arrogance and stupidity is going to be held in serious contempt by lakers fans


You are right.

Let's hope that everything works out for the Lakers on the lottery day. Otherwise it is going to be pretty ugly.


So lame that the organization gets a pass if we happen to keep the pick. It's just water under the bridge, right? I have a feeling we keep it but even if we do this "win streak" should be a strike against new management imo.

I really don't like the new front office or how the old one went out but I'm hoping they do well because if not us fans are the ones who have to suffer from their mistakes.


Also, sitting deng and mosgov only hurts whatever trade value they may or may not have...I don't like that decision either. I feel like they should at least be coming off the bench. What do we do with them for the remainder of their contracts? Sit them out and hope everyone forgets about them?

Honestly confused about what's going on or the direction of the organization right now.

End rant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 11527

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
laker4life wrote:
lakid wrote:
petergr wrote:
Albert Nahmad‏ @AlbertRandom1 9m9 minutes ago
Lakers will go to draft lottery with 46.9% chance of keeping their 2017 and 2019 1st-round picks (and 53.1% chance they'll go to PHI + ORL).


Sigh..... let's just pray that we luck out and get to keep our pick so that we can finally put this tank era behind us.
If we lose this pick Luke Walton and his arrogance and stupidity is going to be held in serious contempt by lakers fans


You are right.

Let's hope that everything works out for the Lakers on the lottery day. Otherwise it is going to be pretty ugly.


So lame that the organization gets a pass if we happen to keep the pick. It's just water under the bridge, right? I have a feeling we keep it but even if we do this "win streak" should be a strike against new management imo.

I really don't like the new front office or how the old one went out but I'm hoping they do well because if not us fans are the ones who have to suffer from their mistakes.


Also, sitting deng and mosgov only hurts whatever trade value they may or may not have...I don't like that decision either. I feel like they should at least be coming off the bench. What do we do with them for the remainder of their contracts? Sit them out and hope everyone forgets about them?

Honestly confused about what's going on or the direction of the organization right now.

End rant


If you can distinguish between the process and the results, the direction of the organization is clear: tank as hard as possible, but not completely at the expense of the young guys.

If expected scrubs like Ennis, Nwaba, and Brewer end up winning you games... what are you going to do?
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 4038

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
laker4life wrote:
lakid wrote:
petergr wrote:
Albert Nahmad‏ @AlbertRandom1 9m9 minutes ago
Lakers will go to draft lottery with 46.9% chance of keeping their 2017 and 2019 1st-round picks (and 53.1% chance they'll go to PHI + ORL).


Sigh..... let's just pray that we luck out and get to keep our pick so that we can finally put this tank era behind us.
If we lose this pick Luke Walton and his arrogance and stupidity is going to be held in serious contempt by lakers fans


You are right.

Let's hope that everything works out for the Lakers on the lottery day. Otherwise it is going to be pretty ugly.


So lame that the organization gets a pass if we happen to keep the pick. It's just water under the bridge, right? I have a feeling we keep it but even if we do this "win streak" should be a strike against new management imo.

I really don't like the new front office or how the old one went out but I'm hoping they do well because if not us fans are the ones who have to suffer from their mistakes.


Also, sitting deng and mosgov only hurts whatever trade value they may or may not have...I don't like that decision either. I feel like they should at least be coming off the bench. What do we do with them for the remainder of their contracts? Sit them out and hope everyone forgets about them?

Honestly confused about what's going on or the direction of the organization right now.

End rant


If you can distinguish between the process and the results, the direction of the organization is clear: tank as hard as possible, but not completely at the expense of the young guys.

If expected scrubs like Ennis, Nwaba, and Brewer end up winning you games... what are you going to do?


Idk man...when's the last time we went on a win streak? Seems like the strangest time for it to happen imo. I understand what you're saying but it just doesn't seem right.

The young core have been playing hard all season and still losing...even with deng n mosgov. Even with Lou Williams. Now all of a sudden we know how to win?

not gonna lie I'm pissed about losing out on the odds. I don't want or like losing but we have been losing all damn season...what's a few more L's if it could help make us better in the future?


If you're worried about it hurting the young core you should just bench em all
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 4038

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject:

I grew up the biggest magic Johnson fan. I loved magic more than any other player to date but if I saw him in person I might accidentally sucker punch him.

That win streak really pissed me off becUse I was fully prepared to lose one last season so we could turn things around next year with another top 3 pick.


Somebody has to be blamed for it so screw magic lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 10035
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:

So I think it's safe to say that Byron Scott is the (bleep) worst coach of all (bleep) time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 13 Feb 2017
Posts: 595

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
So I think it's safe to say that Byron Scott is the (bleep) worst coach of all (bleep) time.


Byron Scott is one of the best Tank Commanders of all time. He'll most likely be elected to the Tank Hall Of Fame.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jjennings369
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: The Tank is over

I will propose to my gf during the 1st game of the season if we kill this offseason. I think our offseason strategy will depends on what happens May 16th. I'm torn between wanting to keep the pick and losing it. Losing it because 2018 is a deeper draft and I have faith that we'll be a .500 team next season (with some trades and FA of course). As far as FA's are concerned I have a Dream/Realistic wish list. If we keep the pick I prefer defense or playmaking over scoring. Our young core can put points up its the perimeter defense and creating for others we struggle with.

Dream List:
Hayward
Milsap
Chris Paul
Jrue Holiday
JJ Reddick

Realistic List:
Plumlee
Hardaway JR
James Johnson
Kelly Olynk

Draft Picks (Top3/Houston pick) or (Houston/2nd Round):
Jackson/Tyler Lydon or TJ Leaf/Jawun Evans
Ball/Jordan Bell or Bolden/ Sindarius Thornwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 33379
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

God there sure are a bunch of toddlers on this thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Posts: 6128
Location: Planet Terror

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

It was a rough year for the tank, see ya'll next season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 16691

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
It was a rough year for the tank, see ya'll next season.


There won't be a next season since we are getting the 1st pick this year. Which will be official on May 16th.

Glad it's over.
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 256, 257, 258, 259  Next
Page 257 of 259
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB