TANK THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 257, 258, 259  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

If you are a 76ers fan, should they shut down Embiid/Simmons b/c they are winning too much?

Or should they let them keep on reeling off wins, possibly chasing the 8th seed?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If you are a 76ers fan, should they shut down Embiid/Simmons b/c they are winning too much?

Or should they let them keep on reeling off wins, possibly chasing the 8th seed?

You know the answer to that. They are building something special over there, you don't mess with it.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
As an aside, really like how the 76ers, even though they could absolutely use another top 3 pick, are competing and actually fighting to win every game.

A bunch of my friends who are 76ers fans are all in on going this route, even if that means losing a top 3 pick. Of course, Embiid, health permitting, is a star in the making, but getting a top 3 pick would solidify a good movement. The swagger is back, the players are competing, and the fanbase, for once, could care less about a top 3 pick anymore.

They are, just like we were a few months ago, dreaming about the playoffs this year.

Difference is, it's not all or nothing with their draft pick like it is with us. They are keeping it regardless & will be able to add another lottery talent with it or trade it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
As an aside, really like how the 76ers, even though they could absolutely use another top 3 pick, are competing and actually fighting to win every game.

A bunch of my friends who are 76ers fans are all in on going this route, even if that means losing a top 3 pick. Of course, Embiid, health permitting, is a star in the making, but getting a top 3 pick would solidify a good movement. The swagger is back, the players are competing, and the fanbase, for once, could care less about a top 3 pick anymore.

They are, just like we were a few months ago, dreaming about the playoffs this year.

Difference is, it's not all or nothing with their draft pick like it is with us. They are keeping it regardless & will be able to add another lottery talent with it or trade it.

I just think the 76ers are an interesting case study this year. Every incentive to tank but they're going to try to win as many games, and this will bode well for them with FAs and the young guys learning how to win.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

Honestly, I think you could say the same thing for us after the first 20 games. The tide has just turned. Injuries really derailed our season
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Honestly, I think you could say the same thing for us after the first 20 games. The tide has just turned. Injuries really derailed our season

It is interesting how our season compared with the 76ers have inverted (as of the halfway mark).
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

It is interesting how our season compared with the 76ers have inverted (as of the halfway mark).

And they have dealt with injuries too

Simmons/Bayless both out the whole year. Noel/Okafor both missing a lot of time.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Simmons/Bayless both out the whole year. Noel/Okafor both missing a lot of time.

Interestingly it was when Bayless (injury)/Oak (DNP-CD) that they took off. Playing Embiid/Ilaysova with Noel off the bench revolutionized this team.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Interestingly it was when Bayless (injury)/Oak (DNP-CD) that they took off. Playing Embiid/Ilaysova with Noel off the bench revolutionized this team.

Speaking of Ilaysova, that Ilaysova for Grant/1st trade was a great trade. Sixers received the better player AND a pick. I wish I could remember who that was telling me that Grant was a better player than Ilaysova.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Speaking of Ilaysova, that Ilaysova for Grant/1st trade was a great trade. Sixers received the better player AND a pick. I wish I could remember who that was telling me that Grant was a better player than Ilaysova.

Yeah, pretty smart trade. Ironically OKC could really use a stretch PF like...Ilaysova right now.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

"Congratulations to @NeuroCoding, who's among the new data scientists joining the Sixers analytics team. Good luck!"

https://twitter.com/presidual/status/822498199059300352

Who did the Lakers hire again? I'm pretty sure the guy above would have been strongly against the MozDeng contracts
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
We're now projected to finish 2nd and win 27 games.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2017-nba-predictions/

Its all worth it to get the PG of our future

Fultz and Clarkson would be a really great backcourt.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Yong wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Clarkson will never start on this team again the 6th man role is his life.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Yong wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Clarkson will never start on this team again the 6th man role is his life.

I will take that bet. You can say it 100 times, and guess what, it does not make it 1% more likely to be true. I don't guarantee he will start again, but I would take that bet in a heartbeat.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

most of the NBA rarely mentions the Lakers anymore when discussing most promising young core....Its always a debate of Bucks, Philly or TWolves....with Denver a distant 4th and many times PHX gets more love in this area. Does not mean it will become true, but I think it appears we need to add talent more than those 4 or 5 teams.

Last edited by adkindo on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

They're likely going to get our pick and have rights to swap with the kings. They already have their franchise player in Embiid, no reason to purposely tank.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Lakers need to tank.

Trade Lou Williams and young for any amount of picks you can get even if 2nd rounders.

Lakers need to draft as many players as possible and take chances.

gems can be found as later picks! Just need to dig a little and take some gambles.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Tank for Fultz please!! The only hole in his game is that he isn't hyper athletic like westbrook..lol
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

They're likely going to get our pick and have rights to swap with the kings. They already have their franchise player in Embiid, no reason to purposely tank.

Maybe we have ours, too. Embiid is close to 23 (and playing great!), but we don't exactly know where our guys will be at that age.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't see them stifling the city's first sense of excitement in years. They're getting a #4-6 pick from us and with the Sac flip, they'll have decent combined odds at leaping into the lottery. Add in the fact that they already have the next Shaq-Kobe on their roster (so not that desperate for a star) and Colangelo wants some bragging rights (I got the team into the playoffs my first year), I don't see them getting shut down.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Notice how both Boston and Philly could have top 3 picks without actually needing to be terrible themselves. Sure would have been nice if our GM didn't fall asleep these past 5 years.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Fracture wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Notice how both Boston and Philly could have top 3 picks without actually needing to be terrible themselves.

http://imgur.com/gallery/YsbKHg1
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject:

I just listened to Sam Vecenie's podcast with Draft Express's Derek Bodner, who also covers the 76'ers. They were discussing scenario's where the 76'ers draft Fultz or Ball....along with Tatum or Isaac! That just cannot happen. If we need to work on Zubacs ball handling or TRob's 3 point shooting....we just need to make sure they do not get our pick this year.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject:

We let Pau, LO, and Dwight leave for absolutely nothing. That still hurts.

All things considered, I don't mind the Sixers building the next super team if it means guaranteeing Boston has no shot for the next decade. Those picks they're going to get from the Nets are going to help them tremendously.
IngramDynasty
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Yong wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Clarkson shouldn't even be part of this team let alone our starting back court.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 257, 258, 259  Next
Page 36 of 259
Jump to: