TANK THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 257, 258, 259  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
The tank is stationary for now: http://prepare-and-protect.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/leobusk.jpg

The upcoming road trip will keep the tank on alert, as it is almost done restocking ammunition.

yea 10/12 on the road.. could secure legit bottom 3-4 competitiveness. And from there, I hope we lock up #3 !

justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
I don't want to tank... I just want to take the tank out for a couple joy rides

yes!!!

I'm right with you! I'm not numb to games like past seasons. I'm just rooting equally hard for wins and losses, which is a strange place to be in as a fan. And if we're gonna be this close to a top 3 pick...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

yes!!!

I'm right with you! I'm not numb to games like past seasons. I'm just rooting equally hard for wins and losses, which is a strange place to be in as a fan. And if we're gonna be this close to a top 3 pick...

word, word, word.
And your last sentence, exactly it - if we're 4th spot with 3 games left - we better lose those games.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

yes!!!

It's not like the choice either is between a good pick or a great pick, which is what Philly was doing. The choice is a great pick or no pick for us.

Anyway, if Ingram keeps playing like this, and with Nance returning, I think the tank might need a new set of treads.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject:

I would be beyond shocked if the Lakers kept their pick lol. I just don't see it.

I think Philly will move up in the standings because Embiid is playing really well right now and once Ben Simmons comes back they're going to surprise some people. The flashes Simmons had during summer league.. man. Lol. I'm happy the Lakers have Ingram but Simmons in this offense could've been real fun.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

yes!!!

It's not like the choice either is between a good pick or a great pick, which is what Philly was doing. The choice is a great pick or no pick for us.

Anyway, if Ingram keeps playing like this, and with Nance returning, I think the tank might need a new set of treads.

If Ingram keeps playing like this and gets better and better each game, then I won't be complaining, though. It'd be great to hit big on one of our picks finally instead of just stockpiling them...

It's the games that we win because of Lou or Nick getting hot that are annoying. I pray that we trade one or both in the next month.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

yes!!!

word, word, word.
And your last sentence, exactly it - if we're 4th spot with 3 games left - we better lose those games.

You sound like me before the 2014 draft. I remember we fell down to the 7th draft pick after winning games at the very end of the season.

Last edited by kikanga on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

yes!!!

word, word, word.

You sound like me before the 2014 draft. I remember we fell down to the 7th draft pick after winning games at the very end of the season.

probly would have drafted Exum bro... hahhaha
was not a fan
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kikanga wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

yes!!!

word, word, word.

was not a fan

Me neither. I wanted Lavine and Hood.

The stakes are way higher this time around. 2014 was an unprotected pick.
This pick is actually 2 picks in 1 (2019 as well)..
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kikanga wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

yes!!!

word, word, word.

was not a fan

I was. He was Australian Kobe
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kikanga wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

yes!!!

word, word, word.

was not a fan

Me neither. I wanted Lavine and Hood.

The stakes are way higher this time around. 2014 was an unprotected pick.
This pick is actually 2 picks in 1 (2019 as well)..

wow,I respect that.
And yea huge stakes this year. I also think that the yougin's are going to make a big leap next year, so we'll have maybe the 12th pick
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Obviously, the Celtics will choose to flip with the Nets this year. I'm going to hate seeing the Celtics get #1. Danny Ainge hit a home run flipping all those geriatrics. Can't believe the Nets had no concept of father time when they made that deal. Our Nash deal was pretty bad, but we "thought" we had a championship roster. What were the Nets thinking?

BROOKLYN, NY – The Brooklyn Nets have acquired Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Jason Terry and D.J. White from the Boston Celtics in exchange for Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, Kris Joseph, Keith Bogans and three first round draft picks (2014, 2016 and 2018), as well as the right to swap first round picks in 2017, Nets General Manager Billy King has announced.

NETS ACQUIRE NBA CHAMPIONS!

“Today, the basketball gods smiled on the Nets," said Nets Principal Owner Mikhail Prokhorov. "With the arrival of Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, we have achieved a great balance on our roster between veteran stars and young talents. This team will be dazzling to watch, and tough to compete against."

LOL! I think they smiled on the Celtics.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject:

Time to trade Lou and Swaggy and get something in return. No way they fit the timeline of this young roster. The uncertainty in management is leading to some shabby short sighted decision making.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

petergr wrote:
Time to trade Lou and Swaggy and get something in return. No way they fit the timeline of this young roster. The uncertainty in management is leading to some shabby short sighted decision making.

There is no uncertainty in management, they know exactly what they want to do. And unless it is for a legit star, that isn't trading Lou or Nick.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

petergr wrote:

Don't trade both unless it's a stupid good deal. A big part of the team's spacing comes from these two. If we lose both, Russell/Randle's playmaking will suffer. Is that worth a 2nd round pick for Nick Young?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

Pincus is in on the subtle tank (focus on player development/trade Lou or Nick)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2688129-lakers-keeping-top-3-protected-pick-must-be-more-important-than-wins

I don't remember agreeing with him as much as I have recently since he moved to BR

Last edited by dcarter4kobe on Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject:

tank is fueling up for the road trip
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

Hoping for... close games!
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
76ersGround.Net

SeemsToHaveWorkedForThem.net/newCBA

Sacramentohasdonethisfor10years.net

Sac didn't tank- they've done the exact opposite of what Hinkie did- they have kept making deals to win now with vets. It's just that their horrible management has kept them in the lotto due to sheer ineptitude- bad selections with the picks they did keep, bad trades for vets, and firing Mike Malone when they were actually doing well have all contributed to that dumpster fire.

Philly did it right. And they don't seem to be suffering the "long-term damage that tanking does to an organization's culture" that so many people have warned about with the Lakers. Now that Philly has a budding superstar with promising players around him and good coaching, they are starting to win games. No apparent problems from the tanking culture.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Is there some site that breaks down the remaining strength of schedule of the bottom teams? I would trade Lou and Nick tomorrow if it guaranteed just moving up one lotto position up, although my suspicion is that playing Calderon and Huertas heavy minutes would mean at least two.

Here you go. SOS (completed and upcoming) by conference.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nba/westernsosag.html
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
76ersGround.Net

Sac didn't tank- they've done the exact opposite of what Hinkie did- they have kept making deals to win now with vets. It's just that their horrible management has kept them in the lotto due to sheer ineptitude- bad selections with the picks they did keep, bad trades for vets, and firing Mike Malone when they were actually doing well have all contributed to that dumpster fire.

Philly did it right. And they don't seem to be suffering the "long-term damage that tanking does to an organization's culture" that so many people have warned about with the Lakers. Now that Philly has a budding superstar with promising players around him and good coaching, they are starting to win games. No apparent problems from the tanking culture.

Also Sacramento kept making questionable picks. And now they keep choosing centers even though they have Boogie.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dylandogg wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
76ersGround.Net

Sacramento wasn't purposely tanking. they just had incredibly bad management. And thus, never had high picks. 6ers tanked on an epic level and was rewarded with high picks.

But, the Lakers will never try to mimic 6ers on that level. Too proud of a franchise (I hope).

Yeah I know. But sad that this great teams now have fans that want to tank even more.

Y- that's ironic given that you've been advocating trading Lou and Swaggy for prospects/picks and giving the young guys big minutes. That's exactly what you'd do to tank.

I realize you think it's the best way to develop these guys (and I agree with you), but it's also the best way to increase our lotto odds, which I am definitely in agreement with.

Trade Nick and Lou for assets that will match up better with the young core and let the young guys all gain experience/develop from playing big minutes, while at the same time maximizing chances to add a franchise player to pair with Ingram. Win/Win. Same solution serves all purposes.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
I would be beyond shocked if the Lakers kept their pick lol. I just don't see it.

I think Philly will move up in the standings because Embiid is playing really well right now and once Ben Simmons comes back they're going to surprise some people. The flashes Simmons had during summer league.. man. Lol. I'm happy the Lakers have Ingram but Simmons in this offense could've been real fun.

Unless Simmons can play SF as a rookie coming off an injury after an offseason where he added 33 pounds to his 6'10 frame, Ilyasova and Saric won't be able to stretch the floor for Embiid, forcing Embiid away from the rim on offense.

Sorry for the run-on sentence.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dylandogg wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
76ersGround.Net

Sacramento wasn't purposely tanking. they just had incredibly bad management. And thus, never had high picks. 6ers tanked on an epic level and was rewarded with high picks.

But, the Lakers will never try to mimic 6ers on that level. Too proud of a franchise (I hope).

Yeah I know. But sad that this great teams now have fans that want to tank even more.

Y- that's ironic given that you've been advocating trading Lou and Swaggy for prospects/picks and giving the young guys big minutes. That's exactly what you'd do to tank.

I realize you think it's the best way to develop these guys (and I agree with you), but it's also the best way to increase our lotto odds, which I am definitely in agreement with.

Trade Nick and Lou for assets that will match up better with the young core and let the young guys all gain experience/develop from playing big minutes, while at the same time maximizing chances to add a franchise player to pair with Ingram. Win/Win. Same solution serves all purposes.

how can people support the tank last year, then claim its sad that some fans support the same method this year....it is almost the exact same circumstance....roster of young inexperienced players that are unable to win this year and seeking to keep a top 3 protected pick.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
76ersGround.Net

Also Sacramento kept making questionable picks. And now they keep choosing centers even though they have Boogie.

Unless the Sixers can move Noel and Okafor and get something better than a second round pick for each, Hinkie will not be fully absolved, as he will have squandered two lotto picks. They could keep Noel as a $20-$25 million backup, but that would waste cap space. Also, Embiid's rookie contract is up in 2018.

It really baffles me when BPA is more important than team building. Trade down.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 257, 258, 259  Next
Page 39 of 259
Jump to: