Jim Buss timeline revisited: he has one more year. January 6 2018 would be his last day if he doesn't turn it around
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Jim Buss timeline revisited: he has one more year. January 6 2018 would be his last day if he doesn't turn it around

Can't blame the young players anymore for losses neither we can blame Luke.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-jeanie-buss-hold-jim-buss-timeline-20150106-story,amp.html?client=safari
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Jim Buss isn't going anywhere and if Dr.Buss was alive he would be supporting his son.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Hey let's turn this into an actual discussion though. Phil is doing well in New York. Jim and Mitch leave, but let's entertain the possibly unlikely scenario that Phil stays in New York.

What happens next? Or do you think they'll stay another season?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Bogus timeline. Don't waste your time on it.
Boldarblood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Forget the timeline, Jim has proved himself enough to me and a lot of other fans. He has done a masterful job of rebuilding thus far. LA Lakers fans have forgotten how long it takes to rebuild, we are way ahead of a normal rebuild schedule. Lakers Front Office is just fine imho. And now we have the Coach and GM of the future (Walton and West). Mitch and Jim are good by me for now.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Hey let's turn this into an actual discussion though. Phil is doing well in New York. Jim and Mitch leave, but let's entertain the possibly unlikely scenario that Phil stays in New York.

Doing well in NY? Gutting his talent for nothing, having g a team that is maxed out at a bit over .500 with a star and has only one quality future asset? One thing I can tell you 100% for sure is that LA wouldn't swap rosters with NY, and neither would most decent gms in their shoes.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Jim Buss timeline revisited: he has one more year. January 6 2018 would be his last day if he doesn't turn it around

999 wrote:
Can't blame the young players anymore for losses neither we can blame Luke.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-jeanie-buss-hold-jim-buss-timeline-20150106-story,amp.html?client=safari

Don't think I've heard anyone mention Mitch's "deadline" for 18 months. It's ancient history at this point.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject:

When's Mitch's due date? He can go with Jim for all I care.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait for Jim Buss to get replaced. It's been all downhill since he fully took over.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Omar Little wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Doing well in NY? Gutting his talent for nothing, having g a team that is maxed out at a bit over .500 with a star and has only one quality future asset? One thing I can tell you 100% for sure is that LA wouldn't swap rosters with NY, and neither would most decent gms in their shoes.

oh nooooooooo I don't like what Phil is doing at all and I want him as far away from the Lakers as possible. He'd end us all

I meant that he's doing "well" in the sense that the Knicks could make the playoffs. Which isn't a high bar, but for the Knicks, it is. Perhaps well enough in my example, for him to stay in New York to explore who else could be an option in management if Phil decided to stay

Last edited by justsomelakerfan on Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

I like the direction of this team

Jim should stay
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
I like the direction of this team

Jim should stay

I agree.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
When's Mitch's due date? He can go with Jim for all I care.

cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Can't wait for Jim Buss to get replaced. It's been all downhill since he fully took over.

So who should take his place then?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

So who should take his place then?

That's a silly question. Someone great of course. Never-ending that they don't even agree on who that is or understand that someone in actual ownership has ultimate owner say, thus it is a choice between the Buss siblings.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject:

This is a thread I would've made a couple years ago. I'm sure my post history would back that up.
But I had an epiphany a while ago. Rooting against Jim Buss is rooting against the Lakers.
Sure you can argue, sooner Jim is gone, sooner we can compete for a chip again (if you believe he bears the brunt of the blame). But even if we accept Jim is the #1 person to blame, and this rebuild fails miserably.
It's tough to argue we'd be better off as a franchise. The deeper the hole, the longer it takes to dig out of it.
I want a major front office change if we don't look like a competitive team in the next year or 2. But I'm not wishing for it. I'm sure there are better front office pairings than Jim and Mitch. But I'm not sure we'll get the right head of bball operations and GM at the right time, in the right circumstance.
Gotta think, if you believe our owners have kept an underperforming Front Office for the wrong reasons for years. You gotta entertain the thought they could mess up the next hire equally as badly. And it's bigger than the right person. Has to be the right people (around the person) in the right environment at the right time.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject:

I hope the new owner can average 30 pts 15 boards 10 assists a night. And I hope he brings with him a more favorable CBA.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject:

When things go well, praise Mitch

When things go downhill, blame Jim.

Mitch has the easiest job in the world. Throw contracts at veteran bums, not make a trade to improve the team and not have to worry about your job security.

You guys realize we're in this position because of Mitch?

The Nash trade = Mitch.

Deng and Mozgov = Mitch

The only decisions you can blame Jim for are the coaching hires.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Let
It
Go
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject:

When it comes to players, I can see how fans might know what they're yapping about. But when it comes to the FO, how do you gauge a prospect? I sure as hell don't know, so I don't yap. To me, this crap is mostly about luck. I've said plenty of times, Magic Johnson ascended so many careers. If somehow the Lakers didn't land him, what an alternate reality we would be in.

I don't even know the names out there, and don't tell me Phil Jackson, please don't bring up Phil Jackson. When you call for Buss or Mitch's head, let me see your solution. Don't just p & m for the sake of it. What is your plan, who are your front office prospects? What makes him good? What is his resume?

You see, we're pretty good at yapping away about players because we watch youtube clips and become arm-chair scouts. But I don't think there are mix tapes of a dude in a suit doing paper work, making calls, etc. If there were, I'll be here yapping away about so and so, he's great because he can dial the phone with both his right and left hand, when he submits paperwork for a trade, he does it with his eyes closed, etc.

But there are no such mix tapes, I don't have a clue who's available and what makes a good Front Office personnel. But all you guys calling for their heads, you guys must know... so please drop some knowledge.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:

Mitch has the easiest job in the world. Throw contracts at veteran bums, not make a trade to improve the team and not have to worry about your job security.

The Nash trade = Mitch.

Deng and Mozgov = Mitch

Remember we were so bad last year no one wanted to come we had to overpay just to get players here. Also there is no trade in the world that will get use past GSW. So let it go.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:

The Nash trade = Mitch.

Deng and Mozgov = Mitch

Remember we were so bad last year no one wanted to come we had to overpay just to get players here. Also there is no trade in the world that will get use past GSW. So let it go.

Oh the horror, where would we be without the great contributions from Mozgov and Deng! I'm so glad we overpaid for them!! That will show the NBA!
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:

The Nash trade = Mitch.

Deng and Mozgov = Mitch

Oh the horror, where would we be without the great contributions from Mozgov and Deng! I'm so glad we overpaid for them!! That will show the NBA!

Spare me your sacram because I'm not in the mood tonight for this. Also if you are so smart which you're not how do we reach the salary floor.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:

The Nash trade = Mitch.

Deng and Mozgov = Mitch

Spare me your sacram because I'm not in the mood tonight for this. Also if you are so smart which you're not how do we reach the salary floor.

You realize we don't have to hit the salary floor right? We would take that difference and just pay it out to the players on the team. You know..guys that are more deserving than Deng and Mozgov.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:

The Nash trade = Mitch.

Deng and Mozgov = Mitch

You realize we don't have to hit the salary floor right? We would take that difference and just pay it out to the players on the team. You know..guys that are more deserving than Deng and Mozgov.

Not so fast needed a starting SF and and starting C because Zubac and Ingram are not ready to start yet.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: