Mitch Kupchak needs to go
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Mitch Kupchak needs to go

Heading for a 4th straight lottery season, how many other GMs in this league have lasted 4 straight lottery seasons with a single franchise without getting fired?

We're in this position MAINLY because of him.

Deng and Mozgov contracts = Mitch. He hasn't learned at all about overpaying for veterans on the downhill, Artest in 09 wasn't a lesson apparently.

But somehow Jim has to go according to some here. The irony of Mitch defenders is that Mitch built a title team when in reality, Jim was the one that drafted Bynum, not Sean May who Mitch wanted and Bynum was a big part of our playoff runs.

Mitch is a great GM? Same GM who put a dog and pony show for LaMarcus Aldridge.

What has Mitch done? Last time he made a trade, I'm pretty sure it was for Kent Bazemore like 3 years ago who he didn't resign. He's getting paid to build horrendous teams, draft in June and avoid criticism. Greatest job on earth.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Deal with the rebuilding process. Complaining won't make things go faster.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Gee, can you start one more pics and moan negativity thread? And maybe, can you do it while having no discernable analysis or knowledge of your own to impart to us? Thanks in advance.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
rebuilding teams don't offer Deng and mozgov those contracts
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are in this situation because of the current CBA.....superstars won't leave for another team unless they get to form a superteam....they don't really care about the Laker history anymore. I'd say the brand of the players is more important than the brand of the team for their own personal reasons.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Lakers are in this situation because of the current CBA.....superstars won't leave for another team unless they get to form a superteam....they don't really care about the Laker history anymore. I'd say the brand of the players is more important than the brand of the team for their own personal reasons.

SB27
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

Well, if not them then throw money to some scrubs.
Look at all players who left Cavs after gettin a ring, their salary goes all the way up, i think you know why.
Mozgov's contract is ok, if not Lakers then he could join a contender team like Zaza for less money.
Deng..well, maybe he needs more time, he starts to play better now.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject:

SB27 wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

Look at all players who left Cavs after gettin a ring, their salary goes all the way up, i think you know why.
Mozgov's contract is ok, if not Lakers then he could join a contender team like Zaza for less money.

Mozgov's contract is OK? He's the 2nd worst player in terms of +- after Brandon Knight. Last time I checked, he was -123. He not only makes the team worse, he makes us horrendous. What other team was going to offer Mozgov that contract? His contract actually makes Deng's look decent. Mitch bid against himself for both contracts.
SB27
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:

Mozgov's contract is OK? He's the 2nd worst player in terms of +- after Brandon Knight. Last time I checked, he was -123. He not only makes the team worse, he makes us horrendous. What other team was going to offer Mozgov that contract? His contract actually makes Deng's look decent. Mitch bid against himself for both contracts.

+-, oh, c'mon it shows nothing.

In terms of money? NYC.
Look at the D when he subs out, its pathetic, no D at all.

He runs P&R well.
Boxin out.
Sometimes he bad at 3pt D but its not his main responsibility and many times he gettin no help from TM.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
SB27 wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

Well he had no choice because no one wanted to sign here, and we had to spend money to reach the salary floor. Plus Ingram is ready to start, and Zubac is not ready for a meaningful role, and at the time Young was about to be cut. So we had needs.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
SB27 wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

Hey, nevermind the fact that Walton stocked his impact in the bench, making the starting lineup less effective by comparison, and that with all of the injuries to the starting lineup, he's kept plugging the deep bench guys in as starters to keep that bench unit together, and thus Mozgov's biggest sin is playing more games and minutes with those units than anyone. Like I said, you know, analysis over bleating.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:09 pm    Post subject:

SB27 wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:

In terms of money? NYC.

He runs P&R well.
Boxin out.
Sometimes he bad at 3pt D but its not his main responsibility and many times he gettin no help from TM.

NYC was not going to offer him that contract, they had Noah locked who is trash too but not Mozgov trash. Our D sucks with him as well. He's averaging 0.5 blocks.
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:09 pm    Post subject:

He holds onto players for way too long. We're gonna see it with Lou, Nick and Clarkson this year. Their value will never be higher but nothing will get done. If he traded Pau when he was supposed to we might have Embiid on our roster right now.

If we lose the pick this year it's probably time for some new faces in the FO.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
SB27 wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

Hey, nevermind the fact that Walton stocked his impact in the bench, making the starting lineup less effective by comparison, and that with all of the injuries to the starting lineup, he's kept plugging the deep bench guys in as starters to keep that bench unit together, and thus Mozgov's biggest sin is playing more games and minutes with those units than anyone. Like I said, you know, analysis over bleating.

Uh yea... nice excuses there buddy. You're literally making excuses for the 2nd worst player in the league in terms of impact. Even going as far as blaming Luke Walton. Yea, it's Luke's fault that Mozgov can't average 1 block a game.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
SB27 wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:

In terms of money? NYC.

He runs P&R well.
Boxin out.

NYC was not going to offer him that contract, they had Noah locked who is trash too but not Mozgov trash. Our D sucks with him as well. He's averaging 0.5 blocks.

Well Luke recruited him.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

Rebuilding teams don't have a lot of options in free agency because people don't want to stick around while this team is rebuilding.

You should've known this by now.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

Rebuilding teams don't have a lot of options in free agency because people don't want to stick around while this team is rebuilding.

Uh, that's my point so we're not rebuilding.

You're literally so enamored with me that you don't even know what you're typing anymore.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject:

I'm a Mitch fan but it does kind of get interesting when you realize it will likely be 4 straight lottery seasons in the NBA. Does that happen often in the NBA without any front office changes?
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

Uh, that's my point so we're not rebuilding.

You're literally so enamored with me that you don't even know what you're typing anymore.

Expect he basically called you a moron.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject:

1 question: how do we know its Mitch making decision and NOT Jim "Dummy" buss
SB27
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:

Uh yea... nice excuses there buddy. You're literally making excuses for the 2nd worst player in the league in terms of impact. Even going as far as blaming Luke Walton. Yea, it's Luke's fault that Mozgov can't average 1 block a game.

Well, i guess u dont understand how the game works cz D not stands for the blocks.
Mozgov makes many defensive stops he even can shut down 5's like Mark and DC.

And NYC was about to pay Mozgov the pretty same contract as Lakers did, but I assume Mozgov wanted to sign with LA cz of Luke.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I'm a Mitch fan but it does kind of get interesting when you realize it will likely be 4 straight lottery seasons in the NBA. Does that happen often in the NBA without any front office changes?

Unless tanking is part of the plan to screw over Philly and Orlando out of good picks.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Unless tanking is part of the plan to screw over Philly and Orlando out of good picks.

u dont pay 136million dollars to Deng/Mozgov to screw up Philly/Magic for some draft picks
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
1 question: how do we know its Mitch making decision and NOT Jim "Dummy" buss

Because Jim actually stayed out of the way and let Mitch and Luke do all the work.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

That moment when you realize that if they fired Mitch, it will be Jim, Jeannie and Johnny running the organization......
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 1 of 70
Jump to: