2%  [ 1 ]
OTHER
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 37

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I think old jode is ignoring the "valuable" part and is voting on "most player".

If the question is who is the most VALUABLE, Brady can't be an option - Pats went 3-1 WITHOUT him.

I hate Goodell as much as anyone, but I'd never vote for Trump-loving-Cheatriot like Brady simply as an "Eff You" to Goodell.

It's Matt Ryan, hands down.

Maybe you missed I was pulling for Derek. Before the finger he had a chance. That chance went south yesterday when he broke his leg. I also said I don't think Tom has a chance it was just a stick it to Goodell. I too said I don't think he's the best this season.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Difference between Derek Carr is that he is out with injuries compared to Brady who was out with a league suspension. Don't forget he also had an injury to his throwing hand as well earlier in the season. If you saw how the Raiders played without Carr versus the Patriots without Brady its not even a question who is more valuable. Without Brady Pats may not get 4 TD's in a game, without Carr the entire offense collapses if you saw that Carolina game.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject:

The media votes for MVP so Goodell will have little to do with it.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I think old jode is ignoring the "valuable" part and is voting on "most player".

If the question is who is the most VALUABLE, Brady can't be an option - Pats went 3-1 WITHOUT him.

I hate Goodell as much as anyone, but I'd never vote for Trump-loving-Cheatriot like Brady simply as an "Eff You" to Goodell.

It's Matt Ryan, hands down.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
buduan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject:

Dak Prescott hands down. The Cowboys were 4-12 last year and despite having one of the best Qb's in the game (Romo) they have never performed like they have this year. Add in that he has had many 4th quarter comebacks/clutch 4th quarter plays this year and he is the clear cut winner. Elliot deserves mention for their success but Dak carries a heavier load. Every time the Cowboys face a top notch defense I wait for him to fall on his face (Ravens, Steelers, Bucs) and he goes up a notch or two. Truly amazing what he has done this year as a rookie.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject:

buduan wrote:
Dak Prescott hands down. The Cowboys were 4-12 last year and despite having one of the best Qb's in the game (Romo) they have never performed like they have this year. Add in that he has had many 4th quarter comebacks/clutch 4th quarter plays this year and he is the clear cut winner. Elliot deserves mention for their success but Dak carries a heavier load. Every time the Cowboys face a top notch defense I wait for him to fall on his face (Ravens, Steelers, Bucs) and he goes up a notch or two. Truly amazing what he has done this year as a rookie.

Tonight's game will be interesting, 9 5 Lions ain't no joke. Dak's shown poise. He didn't fall apart after a loss. He seems to know his limitations. Doesn't force things. Needs to improve on his down field passes. He not that accurate. He and Zeke may be bumping heads for ROY.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
buduan wrote:

Tonight's game will be interesting, 9 5 Lions ain't no joke. Dak's shown poise. He didn't fall apart after a loss. He seems to know his limitations. Doesn't force things. Needs to improve on his down field passes. He not that accurate. He and Zeke may be bumping head for ROY.

^^^^ Prescott has been impressive. Zeke has been dominant, albeit at an easier position to master earlier in ones career. To put it in perspective, Zeke has had one of the all time best rookie opening seasons for a RB. As good as he's been, the benefit of playing behind the leagues best offensive line can't be overlooked as a non factor for either of them. If one's being honest with themselves, does anyone believe Dak would have been anywhere near as successful if playing behind ANY of the offensive lines Russell Wilson has dealt with in his entire career? Yeah, there's that...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject:

I have to go with Zeke in Dallas, he has turned that team around. The growth he has shown this season is amazing, his decision making is 100% better than it was his first game. I value RBs over QBs because the really good ones can impact the game more. Win the time of possession battle and you win most games.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Aaron Rodgers is playing his way into serious contention. I think he's a lock to finish in the top 4. Higher than Dak for sure. Dak isn't winning the MVP. There have been many games where he's been asked to do very little. Don't get me wrong: he's been huge for them and has played with poise. But he just doesn't have as much on his plate as Rodgers does.

Rodgers has his QB rating up over 102, is going to throw for close to 4500 yards, and will get close to 40 TD passes (he has 36 now) and currently has only 7 INT's. Oh, and he's also rushed for 4 more TD's, so he's actually already accounted for 40 total TD's. And of course, he does so much to keep plays alive with his ability to get on the move and buy time. If the Packers finish the regular season with 6 straight wins and an NFC North crown, he's going to warrant serious consideration. They would be an absolutely horrible football team without him.

I like Rodgers. He's carrying GB. If they run the table it's as you say, he should be considered.

Dak ain't gittin no love from LG.

Because he isn't even the best player.on his own team. He's been great for a rookie, but more of a game manager.

There is no argument for Tom Brady over Mart Ryan purely fron a football perspective. What Matt Ryan has done this year is amazing. Most efficient while throwing the furthest distance.

That's like leading the league in FG% shooting all 3s.

He's doing well but as you say he's not the best player on his team. I think he has a shot a ROY.

Here are a few arguments for Tommy LINK
Quote:
Brady has 2,201 yards, 18 touchdowns and just one interception in seven games, and boasts a 116.7 passer rating. Carr, meanwhile, has 3,115 passing yards, 22 touchdowns and five interceptions in 11 games to go along with a 100.5 passer rating. And if you're into the whole advanced stats thing, Brady is No. 1 in value per play among passers, according to Football Outsiders' metrics, and Carr is No. 5. And according to Pro Football Focus, Brady grades out as the league's best quarterback while Carr is third.
I don't think he'll win it. If he played the season the way he did when he came back he'd be a shoo in. I had my money on Derek before the finger. Then again, I'm biased, I'm a Raider fan.

That's an argument for Tom Brady over David Carr. I think an argument can be made there. What you're citing is also at least a month old.

But Matt Ryan has thrown more TDs, more yards (including per game), has a better QB rating, was more efficient this season, and like I said, is throwing the ball further tying the NFL record of 9.3 yards per pass, completing substantially more 20 yard passes and 40 yard passes than any other QB in the league.

Outside of your wish to "stick it" to Goodell, what football reasons do you have for selecting Brady?

I thought you don't even follow football. ???

Don't have one, that's it. I want Brady to win it for that reason alone. I don't think he's the best this season.

I follow football. Go back to the Rams at the coliseum.

Jodeke, if you're not interested in debating a question on NFL MVP on the merits of actual football play, then I don't even know why you would ask the question.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Biased vote: Aaron Rodgers

"Objective" vote: Matt Ryan
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Break new ground co rookies of the year, Dak and Zeke?

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Eliminated the quote tree. Taking to much page space.

ringfinger wrote:

Quote:
Jodeke, if you're not interested in debating a question on NFL MVP on the merits of actual football play, then I don't even know why you would ask the question.

Was not, am not, looking to debate the issue. I authored the poll to see who LG thought the NFL MVP should be.

I made clear my reasons for wanting Brady to be MVP. I posted I didn't think he was the best player this season. I also posted who I was pulling for, Derek Carr. What is there for me to debate?

EDIT The players on the list came from ESPN.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Rodgers or Matt Ryan
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

I disagree with you on a lot of things but this is spot on.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Ezekiel Elliott stepped up in the poll. His play tonight may have had an effect.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Final MVP rankings: Who should win the top honor?

LINK

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Matt Ryan being chosen as the first team All-Pro QB is probably telling. He will, and probably should, win the MVP.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Matt Ryan has been the best player in the league this year. He will win it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

What if Aaron Rodgers beats them next week?

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Doesn't matter; they've already voted. It's a regular season award.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Doesn't matter; they've already voted. It's a regular season award.

You're right. Forgot that. If Carr hadn't broken his leg I would have given him a ligament chance to win the Associated Press MVP award.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: