Kyrie is easily better than Curry
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Kyrie is easily better than Curry

Whenever they go head to head its not even close.
OdomGrab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:03 am    Post subject:

the british were better for indians than ghandi
black ppl were better of without mlk
the moon seems more fun hangout than earth
sandy beaches kill the vacation experience
hands and feet are overrated...just look at the fishes
sell yo kidney to pay of your debts..you have more than one
you cant od from mj so smoke all day
quit your jobs because you cant get welfare till you broke
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject:

not only is kyrie better than curry, but he's also better than lebron.

his backbreaking 3pter in the finals is overshadowed by lebrons block. obviously i think its bs. and all those arguments where people describe why the block is so big, whatever. this reminds me of how the spurs made a big deal out of sean elliots three pointer with the heel off the ground. lame. the problem is the spurs were so boring, that play was relatively exciting. and same with lebron. lebron is so boring and lacks the ability to score in clutch, that something else has to be picked as his great moment. and unfortunately, their actual clutch shooter gets overshadowed. so crazy. a relatively exciting block is what we're going to talk about vs the guy who drops the game 7 final sealing three pointer OVER the current MVP.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Kyrie is easily better than Curry

LakersNewEra wrote:
Whenever they go head to head its not even close.

In their careers, they have played against each other 8 times in the regular season, and Curry has won those matchups as you can see from the basketball-reference.com comparison:

Irving certainly won the matchup in the finals last year.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject:

Kyrie is the best player on the best team in the league.

The only player better than Kyrie individually right now is Westbrook

Kyrie won the finals last year. I'll never understand why they give the finals mvp to lebron every time. And don't take this as a slight at lebron. He has definitely become a great player, but he was not the player that won his team the finals
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:46 am    Post subject:

Lol then why can't Kyrie win games without Lebron?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject:

not sure if he's better but Kyrie is Steph's kryptonite
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

The only player better than Kyrie individually right now is Westbrook

Kyrie won the finals last year. I'll never understand why they give the finals mvp to lebron every time. And don't take this as a slight at lebron. He has definitely become a great player, but he was not the player that won his team the finals

Kyrie's a special player. But he's not the best player on the Cavaliers. And they're not the best team in the league.

As for Kyrie winning the NBA Finals last year, that's an unfortunate, untenable position. Kyrie played great in certain games, he certainly benefitted from Steph Curry's inability to rise to the occasion in the late throes of the postseason, and he hit a pivotal shot in Game 7 (along with a number of crucial shots throughout the game and others in the series). That said, LeBron was the Finals MVP. And the vote was an easy one, both to the voters who made the selection unanimous and to everyone else who doesn't have a dog in this "Downplay LeBron" fight. They give LeBron the Finals MVP every time because they recognize that his team isn't in the NBA Finals, much less able to win anything, without him. And they also recognize that he is the indisputable difference maker on his team in the NBA Finals series in question, as well. There's enough data at this point to stop this charade to the contrary.

Game 5 (elimination game): 41 points - 16 boards - 7 assists - 3 steals - 3 blocks [win, staving off elimination]
Game 6 (elimination game): 41 points - 8 boards - 11 assists - 4 steals - 3 blocks [win, staving off elimination]
Game 7 (elimination game): 27 points - 11 boards - 11 assists - 2 steals - 3 blocks [win, capturing the NBA championship in an unprecedented comeback from a 3 - 1 deficit with two of the three games on the road against the team with the best R/S record in NBA history]

Composite shooting in those elimination games of 51% from the field, 73% from the line, and 42% from distance ... with an average of less than 3 turnovers per game in that elimination game crucible, effectively yielding a 3.6:1 assist to turnover ratio.

LeBron was the Finals MVP. It was an easy vote. This is 2000 - 2002 all over again, unfortunately. But no, game over ...
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject:

Fun with recency bias!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

Don't see any basis for calling the Cavs a better team right now than Golden State. The Warriors have the best record in the league, and they are rated 2nd in defense and 2nd in offense (The Cavs are tied for the third best record and are rated 3/13 in offense/defense).
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Fun with recency bias!

Lol basically. Plus folks agenda-posting since they now resent GSW.

I will say that someone in a different thread posting something about LeBron and the Finals. LeBron is great, no doubt, but Cavs don't win that Finals without Kyrie. Kyrie is just a stone cold killer.
lmaster65
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Lebron > Curry > Kyrie

Facts. Kyrie is a PG version of Melo. He gives you nothing other than elite iso scoring. A great fit next to Lebron who isn't an elite iso scorer.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject:

To claim that any player past or present is better than LeBron is ridiculous unless we are talking about some of the best players ever. LeBron certainly doesnt have an equal in todays game and he has been far away the best player in the league since Kobe.
Kobe was only one to really play at that level which just tells you how great Kobe also is.

As for Irving and Curry, Irving is better when they go head to head. Thats really all that matters because they will be meeting each other in the finals for the next few years.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Bro, when Curry's shots aren't going down, he flat out stinks. A myriad of players are better than him.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
To claim that any player past or present is better than LeBron is ridiculous unless we are talking about some of the best players ever. LeBron certainly doesnt have an equal in todays game and he has been far away the best player in the league since Kobe.
Kobe was only one to really play at that level which just tells you how great Kobe also is.

As for Irving and Curry, Irving is better when they go head to head. Thats really all that matters because they will be meeting each other in the finals for the next few years.

there are so many players in the league that are better than lebron. and if you bring the past into it, lebron doesnt even get off the bench. what in the world are you talking about.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

there are so many players in the league that are better than lebron. and if you bring the past into it, lebron doesnt even get off the bench. what in the world are you talking about.

I'm sure.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Cleveland is 4 - 18 (I think that's the record I saw mentioned just about everywhere in the past week or so) without LeBron on the court since his return in 2014. During his first run (seven years) with the Cavaliers, their composite record without LeBron on the court was similarly abysmal.

Tonight, they seem to be handling their business against the Hornets in Charlotte without Kyrie on the court. Actually, they're missing their starting backcourt with Smith out, too. I'd bother to find Cleveland's record without Kyrie over the past 2+ seasons (no sense going back further, as we all know Cleveland was an unmitigated joke when LeBron was in Miami) ... I think I know the answer, though ... but regardless, this nonsense that Kyrie is the "it" factor for Cleveland ... it's simply that ... nonsense.

As far as Kyrie vs. Curry, I think they both will carry scary injury risks for the rest of their careers, at least as far as I'm concerned. Can't believe I'm saying it, but I would probably take Kyrie because of the age advantage and his ability to rise to the occasion in high stakes environments ...
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
Cleveland is 4 - 18 (I think that's the record I saw mentioned just about everywhere in the past week or so) without LeBron on the court since his return in 2014. During his first run (seven years) with the Cavaliers, their composite record without LeBron on the court was similarly abysmal.

Tonight, they seem to be handling their business against the Hornets in Charlotte without Kyrie on the court. Actually, they're missing their starting backcourt with Smith out, too. I'd bother to find Cleveland's record without Kyrie over the past 2+ seasons (no sense going back further, as we all know Cleveland was an unmitigated joke when LeBron was in Miami) ... I think I know the answer, though ... but regardless, this nonsense that Kyrie is the "it" factor for Cleveland ... it's simply that ... nonsense.

As far as Kyrie vs. Curry, I think they both will carry scary injury risks for the rest of their careers, at least as far as I'm concerned. Can't believe I'm saying it, but I would probably take Kyrie because of the age advantage and his ability to rise to the occasion in high stakes environments ...

Kyrie is the example I always cite when Lakers fans want to continue to tank. For his entire career pre-Lebron, they were the WORSE team int he league by record with constant visits to the lottery and multiple #1 overall picks. Losing simply begets losing and it takes a massive change (in this case a Lebron) to shake that stink off. It's imperative to get wins for us now and start building that culture. We have enough young guys to develop. Continuing to clamor for more leads down a dark path.

Only a fool would think winning 30 games isn't worth the accomplishment when we're climbing out of a 17 win season...
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Anyone else feel like Curry's stock has really fallen since losing the finals and having Durant join? He's gone from unanimous MVP to not even a top 5 player to some people.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Anyone else feel like Curry's stock has really fallen since losing the finals and having Durant join? He's gone from unanimous MVP to not even a top 5 player to some people.

Yeah, that seems to be the general vibe ... he doesn't seem unstoppable any more (like he did in the 2015/2016 R/S), now that we've seen him post mortal numbers in two straight NBA Finals series.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
the association wrote:

Kyrie is the example I always cite when Lakers fans want to continue to tank. For his entire career pre-Lebron, they were the WORSE team int he league by record with constant visits to the lottery and multiple #1 overall picks. Losing simply begets losing and it takes a massive change (in this case a Lebron) to shake that stink off. It's imperative to get wins for us now and start building that culture. We have enough young guys to develop. Continuing to clamor for more leads down a dark path.

Only a fool would think winning 30 games isn't worth the accomplishment when we're climbing out of a 17 win season...

Yeah, I share that view, as well. I just don't think wallowing in our own mess to continue fighting for lottery pick after lottery pick is going to pay off unless one of them magically becomes an MJ, Kobe or LeBron. The odds just don't favor that kind of outcome. We've been fortunate to acquire a handful of promising youngsters thus far ... now's the time to hit the gas, don't look back, and hope for the best in FA.

A month ago, I thought 30 wins was already in the bag. Now, I'm not so sure ...
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject:

Kyrie tends to play really well in that last 2 minutes, because he's such a good iso player. But those other 46 minutes continue to be an issue.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
the association wrote:

Yeah, I share that view, as well. I just don't think wallowing in our own mess to continue fighting for lottery pick after lottery pick is going to pay off unless one of them magically becomes an MJ, Kobe or LeBron. The odds just don't favor that kind of outcome. We've been fortunate to acquire a handful of promising youngsters thus far ... now's the time to hit the gas, don't look back, and hope for the best in FA.

A couple of years ago the consensus was that it is not possible to rebuild and build a championship team through drafting. OKC probably could have been an exception. So no I'm not at all for tanking more.

I don't know how that view changes through the changes in the CBA, but I think it is necessary to overcome that loosing culture. Otherwise we need a miracle like MJ, Kobe, Lebron to get us out.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
the association wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
the association wrote:

A couple of years ago the consensus was that it is not possible to rebuild and build a championship team through drafting. OKC probably could have been an exception. So no I'm not at all for tanking more.

I don't know how that view changes through the changes in the CBA, but I think it is necessary to overcome that loosing culture. Otherwise we need a miracle like MJ, Kobe, Lebron to get us out.

Teams that draft near the top are usually doing so due to incompetence rather than design. Cleveland mk1 and Lebron (before he becme his own gm), NO and Davis, OKC and the breakup etc, so even if you get a transcendent player(s), they're not going to win because they'll just screw the rest up, especially given that basically all teams fill out the role player roster of their team with free agency and trades.

So you'd need a team who is well run to be drafting near the top due to "circumstances" to get a gauge, the Cetlics and Bird, Mchale, Lakers and Magic, Worthy, San Antonio and Duncan is probably the most recent example, it's pretty rare tbh.

Last edited by Telleris on Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

curry didnt get better or worse. he's the same. the media is not hyping him as much, and people are responding to it. how did he all of a sudden become this great player out of the blue in the first place?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: