Kyrie is easily better than Curry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
curry didnt get better or worse. he's the same. the media is not hyping him as much, and people are responding to it. how did he all of a sudden become this great player out of the blue in the first place?

To be fair to Curry, the man shattered the 3 point record by over 100 makes.. a record which he owned!

2013 -272
2014 -261
2015 -286 NBA record
2016 -402 New NBA record LOL!

Last year, when he shattered it, Klay Thompson set his own record at 276, which is 3rd best in history. So to be fair to Curry, he was a human video game, and did it efficiently. This year he's only shooting 40% from three. That's efficient for mortals, but for him, it's kinda inefficient.

However, when he goes against Cleveland, I think there is a mental block. Curry can struggle and still look better than most points in the league. But you can't struggle and look good against Kyrie, who to me, is like a mini Kobe in terms of skill set and footwork.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

curry needs to step up. lebron keeps beating and embarrassing him and trolling him every chance he gets while curry seems to be going through the motions dating back to last year's finals where he only really had 1 dominant game in that series (game 4).

where's the fire? guy is soft. we'll see what he's made of in the WCF and potentially the finals in a rematch with the cavs (since the cavs have a cakewalk to the finals every year).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Curry on his best day is nowhere close to Lebron. I don't hold that against him, he just isn't as good.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject:

lebron is NOT in any way better than Curry. He's much bigger, so he will beat him 1on1. But Kobe will beat anyone 1on1 including 1on1, so that surely can't be what people are talking about.

as a basketball player, curry is way better. if you retain their skills and just swap their bodies, lebron will be the greatest player ever, and curry will be out of the league by the end of the year.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
lebron is NOT in any way better than Curry. He's much bigger, so he will beat him 1on1. But Kobe will beat anyone 1on1 including 1on1, so that surely can't be what people are talking about.

as a basketball player, curry is way better. if you retain their skills and just swap their bodies, lebron will be the greatest player ever, and curry will be out of the league by the end of the year.

And if I was 7' tall I'd be in the NBA. But I'm not and Lebron is Lebron. Saying if he was 6'3 he wouldn't be as good proves nothing.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
curry didnt get better or worse. he's the same. the media is not hyping him as much, and people are responding to it. how did he all of a sudden become this great player out of the blue in the first place?

I don't think that's it at all. Curry has been deferring to Durant, which is probably good for the team but not good for his personal stats and reputation.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
To claim that any player past or present is better than LeBron is ridiculous unless we are talking about some of the best players ever. LeBron certainly doesnt have an equal in todays game and he has been far away the best player in the league since Kobe.
Kobe was only one to really play at that level which just tells you how great Kobe also is.

As for Irving and Curry, Irving is better when they go head to head. Thats really all that matters because they will be meeting each other in the finals for the next few years.

there are so many players in the league that are better than lebron. and if you bring the past into it, lebron doesnt even get off the bench. what in the world are you talking about.

LMAO
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
curry needs to step up. lebron keeps beating and embarrassing him and trolling him every chance he gets while curry seems to be going through the motions dating back to last year's finals where he only really had 1 dominant game in that series (game 4).

where's the fire? guy is soft. we'll see what he's made of in the WCF and potentially the finals in a rematch with the cavs (since the cavs have a cakewalk to the finals every year).

I think a game predicated on 3 pointers like Curry is very hard to do at a high level on a stage that means so much. Even when he won in 2015, he was pedestrian. Even if you're an advance Alien shooting 100% from threes in the regular season, in the finals when all the marbles are on the table, you're probably going to shoot 90%. LOL!
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

Explain how the media made Curry average 30 ppg last year and make 400 threes.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

So in a universe where Freaky Friday is a a documentary, Curry is better than Lebron. Compelling case.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

scoring 30ppg and making 400 threes doesnt make you goat. is he better than someone who scores 30ppg without the 400 threes?

and i didn't say the media made the threes, lebron fans always have reading comprehension issues. the media hyped him too much, the fans bought into it, now the media is not hyping as much, and people are wondering why the "drop off". curry is still great, he's still an elite 3pt shooter, nothings changed, different team, different season. thats all.
there's no way curry could ever live up to the hype. The hype was saying he was better than MJ, Kobe, etc. or at least solidly their equal. and that was incorrect, of course.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
scoring 30ppg and making 400 threes doesnt make you goat. is he better than someone who scores 30ppg without the 400 threes?

and i didn't say the media made the threes, lebron fans always have reading comprehension issues. the media hyped him too much, the fans bought into it, now the media is not hyping as much, and people are wondering why the "drop off". curry is still great, he's still an elite 3pt shooter, nothings changed, different team, different season. thats all.
there's no way curry could ever live up to the hype. The hype was saying he was better than MJ, Kobe, etc. or at least solidly their equal. and that was incorrect, of course.

Oh, when a player is in the middle of a miraculous performance, fans and the media go ga-ga. When Shaq was at his height during the 3-point, people started talking about him as GOAT. Curry had a little bit of that last year when the Warriors started the season 25-0 or whatever they did. But it's more about people projecting what a player can become if he keeps it up, rather than anyone thinking Shaq and Curry were actually anywhere close to being the GOAT at that point.

That said, Curry has certainly dropped off his season. He's shooting 40% from 3-point land which is great, but not his stratopherics 45% from last season. But the real reason he;'s getting less attention is because Durant joined the team and he's performing at a higher level than Curry.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject:

wow shaq vs curry, my mind is blown
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
I

I'm not saying Curry is as good as Shaq. I am saying both had a remarkable spell that caused some people to briefly exaggerate their overall career accomplishments.

Ultimately, players are evaluated based on their entire careers, which is why you shouldn't get too worked about opinions about players when they are in the earlier stages of their careers. Heck, it's often hard to know exactly how players will be viewed until their careers are winding down or have been over for a while and the emotions about them have quieted.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

And if I was 7' tall I'd be in the NBA. But I'm not and Lebron is Lebron. Saying if he was 6'3 he wouldn't be as good proves nothing.

Ultimately, most people just care what a player accomplishes.

They don't add/subtract points for size, quickness, coordination, inherent shooting or dribbling ability, or the amount someone practices.

They don't about what-ifs and theoretical scenarios.

They don't care about who would win in a 1-on-1 game.

This is the type of thing someone brings up when they are trying to make a case for their pet player, but it never moves anyone.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

They don't add/subtract points for size, quickness, coordination, inherent shooting or dribbling ability, or the amount someone practices.

This is the type of thing someone brings up when they are trying to make a case for their pet player, but it never moves anyone.

MJ cares.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
activeverb wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

MJ cares.

Nah. He just cares about MJ.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject:

Curry is better than Kyrie. Lebron is the reason the Cavs are in the playoffs.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

Who said he was the GOAT? I understand that you see things in black and white but this is comical. Praise for anyone other than Kobe = Lebron fan, Kobe hater. I'm neither a Lebron fan or a Kobe hater. In fact, I hate Lebron. What I am not is a person who ridiculously holds onto positions to such an extent that I say things like Scottie Pippen is better than Lebron James, most bigs are better than Tim Duncan and Curry is better than Lebron in a meaningless NBA edition of Freaky Friday.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

It's no wonder you think people were saying Curry was the GOAT. You think that comment was Curry vs. Shaq. lol everything is binary to you, and no one can be great at the same time or in a different sense as players you subjectively prefer (usually Kobe) without it being a slight or diminishing of their skills/legacy.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject:

And why doesn't your LBJ-Curry body swap "logic" apply to Shaq and Curry? Lol Because it doesn't suit the narratives you want to push.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
And why doesn't your LBJ-Curry body swap "logic" apply to Shaq and Curry? Lol Because it doesn't suit the narratives you want to push.

You ever seen bedazzled?

That's Curry in Shaqs body
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Curry on his best day is nowhere close to Lebron. I don't hold that against him, he just isn't as good.

Yes, but he's been no where his best dating back to last year's finals and in this year's XMAS game. That's what I'm criticizing.

If he's 80% of his best, the warriors dominate the cavs in a series.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Who said he was the GOAT? .

There were a few people who brought it up, but more along the lines of "If Curry keeps this up could he become GOAT?" But it wasn't a widespread sentiment, so yeah this is mostly about shooting down a silly argument that no one is making,

The real discussion now is about whether Curry is as good as people thought he was a year ago, but that doesn't serve superboy's weird agenda of putting up strawman to knock down as a way of declaring he's in love with Kobe.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yes, but he's been no where his best dating back to last year's finals and in this year's XMAS game. That's what I'm criticizing.

If he's 80% of his best, the warriors dominate the cavs in a series.

If it's and but's were candies and nuts ...

So if everything goes his way (incl. uncalled illegal moving screen after uncalled illegal moving screen after uncalled illegal moving screen), he and the Warriors superteam will dominate the Cavaliers in a series ... ? I guess that's conceivably true, but what's the value in stacking the deck in a hypothetical scenario that hasn't ever been demonstrated on the court in the postseason? Forget about Cleveland ... what team has Golden State dominated in a postseason series during Steph's tenure? Perhaps there are great, high stakes examples, but none come to mind. Regardless, none of those series involved the Cavaliers ...

And if you're alluding to injury, that's an argument that's been laughed out of every discussion of the 2016 NBA Finals for the past six or seven months. Steph was no more impaired by injury than anyone else in that series. And the same is true of Iguodala. Neither of them scheduled or underwent surgery in the offseason. Neither of them missed training camp. Steph was fine. Iguodala was fine. They were 100% for the NBA Finals. And both of them were also 100% in the 2015 NBA Finals, too.

Notwithstanding the argument of many here who found themselves devasted / crestfallen / heartbroken in June, the Warriors somehow have never shown that they can dominate the Cavaliers. Requiring six games in the 2015 NBA Finals to eliminate an injury-depleted Cavs team is far from dominating in anyone's book; in fact, the Warriors were Kyrie's late Game 1 injury away from being down 3 - 0 in that series. And then on 12/25/2016, they somehow didn't dominate the Cavs then, either.

I agree with you that Steph has developed a "soft" reputation. I have no idea whether he's capable of summoning the resolve to vanquish that label. With KD in Oakland, he's gone from NBA golden child to second fiddle overnight. But considering everything, I just don't know that the Warriors and Steph (or their fans) should be crowing about anything right now, much less that they can dominate anyone at 80% of their best ... win a series against a healthy team first. That's a start ...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: