Phil Jackson & Jeanie Buss break up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:

If Jimmy proves me wrong, yes I would eat crow. And Lakers success is all that matters. Problem is, too many of his apologists give him credit for what Jerry built (i.e. Kobe's successes). Jimmy was 0 for 4 in coach hirings and what 0 for 8 in FAs? Now, I will give him or FO credit for Luke.

Btw, I know you are feeling your wheaties b/c your a moderator here but you too are also "simply a fan with no bona fides discussing front office acumen with no evidence you know what you're talking about" Sucks, doesnt it. And yes, on the topic of Jimmy, you have been absurdly condescending. Unearned too, just like Jimmy and Donald Drumpf!

Jim hired Phil, oversaw a rebuild around Kobe when drafting Bynum and trading for Gasol, and the team won two titles in 3 Finals visits. Facts.

Oh, now Jim is getting credit for hiring Phil back in the day. His legend grows.

Jim reminds me of people in organizations that have fancy titles because of who their father is, and then get credit because they had that title bestowed upon them due to their family name. And then their lackeys praise the ground they walk on.

I rarely come on here nowadays, but I can always use you for a good laugh. Thanks and happy new year.

Nah, I don't think so. As a matter of fact, he gets overwhelmingly only hate in the media and fans like you. He gets support from around here from reasonable fans. This is his father's vision, so suck it up. You're kinda spitting on his grave. Get behind the team, or the media? Or how about 29 other teams with awesome owners who win championships every year and make no mistakes. You got the pick of the litter.

So if you don't support Jim you're unreasonable? Got it.

On your last comment -- are we not allowed to question or critique the FO anymore? Seems you are implying that if you don't support Jimbo, you can no longer be a Laker fan.

It's reasonable to support Jim. That's all I said. I'm so freaking curious for all these Jim haters. What is your end game with all this pissing and moaning? We don't make the decisions. So as a fan, why can't you roll with it? Just like our young prospects. The picks have been made. Why can't fans roll with it and get behind the team? Seriously, think back to when you were kids.. Did all this matter? You supported the team without knowing the politics.

Wow, if being a Laker fan is so miserable for some of you these days, I say this all the time.. there are 29 other teams. Have at it.

Fans for an organization do not have to blindly support a FO.l

Look at the Dodgers during the McCourt era. Fans boycotted the team. Should these fans have simply support McCourt?

Look at the 76er fans when they had Hinkie? Should these fans simply support him and roll with it?

All sport fans are passionate and will adhere to their beliefs and opinions.

I disagree with your conclusion that if you do not support the current FO, you should cheer for another team. These fans who disagree are entitled to their opinions.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't recall all these complaints about Mitch/jim when the team was winning rings. But that's just me. Sometimes take the good with the bad.

When they were winning rings, Jerry Buss was still alive and credit was being given to Phil, Mitch and Jerry Buss.

Jim Buss may have been part of the FO but his role was clearly not as big as today.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:

Fans for an organization do not have to blindly support a FO. l

Look at the Dodgers during the McCourt era. Fans boycotted the team. Should these fans have simply support McCourt?

Look at the 76er fans when they had Hinkie? Should these fans simply support him and roll with it?

All sport fans are passionate and will adhere to their beliefs and opinions.

I disagree with your conclusion that if you do not support the current FO, you should cheer for another team. These fans who disagree are entitled to their opinions.

Ding Ding Ding!

Finally an adult that can separate one from the other. Love my Lakers. I do not agree we have the right ppl at the top. Jim should be just an owner collecting checks. In fact that is the one thing he IS qualified to do. For 57 years, he has indisputably shown he can cash daddy's check with the finest of them.

Just stay the (bleep) away from management. Sit on a box have Chaz mix you a nice drink and enjoy the game. Leave the bball decisions to someone that knows the game, have played it or have merits of proven track record. God I wish the Lakers IPO-ed. Jimmy would be gone in a second. And as an added bonus, we get to see who Jimmy has on payroll to spread revisionist lies for him in forums.... Kellyanne Conway style.
Laker Junkie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't recall all these complaints about Mitch/jim when the team was winning rings. But that's just me. Sometimes take the good with the bad.

When they were winning rings, Jerry Buss was still alive and credit was being given to Phil, Mitch and Jerry Buss.

Jim Buss may have been part of the FO but his role was clearly not as big as today.

True. One of the biggest problems is you don't know who is in charge. Is it really Mitch? Or Jim Buss? or Jeanie?

That's why it's so screwed up, you don't know who to hold accountable, and for what.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:

Since we are applying wide brushstrokes to give Jimmy credit for the successes of the 2peat and spinning it as facts, he should also get credit for the 2007 Amare plan, the 2008 Yao plan, the utter failure starting from Shaq trade to Pau trade. Rudy, MB, MDA, BS. Jimmy has no business running a small hot dog vendor business let alone a $3B franchise. Failed at everything daddy's money gave him access to. The best parallel is Dolan Jr, see how he did with the Knicks.

Pretty much, glad you are finally catching on. The only exception is the Shaq trade, that was all Jerry Buss. Both sides agreed at mid season that trading Shaq was the only alternative once it ended. And once Mike Brown was let go, Jim went into the coaching search believing they would hire Phil back. But the good Dr. would have none of that.
omzzzzz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject:

They probably broke up because Phil was trying to run the triangle offense and she refused
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject:

VLF! Missed you buddy. So is Artest still never going to be a Laker ever, right? I know you have your sauces. And you are never wrong.

Happy new year, bro.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:

For the sake of discussion about actual criticisms of the front office and specifically Jim, can you elaborate on some of those missteps?

You didn't ask me but I would start with hiring Mike Brown and Byron Scott. Both were horrible moves, though in hindsight it is easier to see why Byron was hired.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If you truly believe that Jim may have been part of the FO, you are admitting that you are criticizing without having a rational idea about what was going on. We will consider your opinions accordingly.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I agree. Although he was actually likely more involved in the process (since he was training under west and Mitch, and then his dad) but less in command of the final call. Since February of 2013, give or take a few days or weeks, he's been solely the final call on basketball matters.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
laker4life wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If you truly believe that Jim may have been part of the FO, you are admitting that you are criticizing without having a rational idea about what was going on. We will consider your opinions accordingly.

You're parsing a correct wording. He's not saying may as in might, any more than if I say, "your screen name may be venturalakersfan, but that doesn't mean you actually live there" that I'm disputing your screen name. It's just how such a sentence is constructed.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Article from 2005:

Quote:

Meet Jerry Buss's Son Jim Buss
Article Launched: 08/24/2005 12:28:00 AM
http://www2.dailynews.com/sports/ci_2968072

Meet the new Buss
Jerry's son, Jim, is carving his own niche as inheritor of Lakers empire
Ross Siler, Staff Writer

EL SEGUNDO - He is a middle-aged man in a baseball cap, the second son of Lakers owner Jerry Buss and the great unknown when it comes to the future of one of the NBA's greatest franchises, most recently valued at more than $500 million by Forbes magazine.
Yet Jim Buss, who has spent the past seven years being groomed to make this entrance on the public stage, professes that little in his evolving role with the Lakers is actually new.

"It's not a big deal, because I'm working every day and nothing's really changed," Jim Buss said, "but then now there's more recognition. I have to get used to that (people) don't know that I've been doing this. It's nothing new for me. But it's new for them."

The only thing different is his title in the organization - now the vice president of player personnel - and the orchestrated effort the Lakers are making to introduce the one-time horse trainer as his father's successor in the Buss' family business.

He met Tuesday afternoon with reporters at the team's practice facility and addressed the Lakers' future free-agent plans, the return of Phil Jackson as coach and the infamous quote in Sports Illustrated that shaped so many perceptions of him.

In the aftermath of last summer's Shaquille O'Neal trade, Buss said the Lakers have made a concerted effort to maintain salary-cap flexibility with

Jim Buss, son of Los Angeles Lakers owner Jerry Buss, speaks to reporters about his future with the organization. (David Sprague / LA Daily News)

an eye on signing a big-name free agent as early as summer 2007.

"If you keep mending your team every year after you make a trade like Shaq, you're going to be an average team," said Buss, who turns 46 in November. "Maybe make the playoffs, first, second round. That's not the goal. The goal is to make a big step.

"The only way you can do that is to get a free agent two years from now. You know who they are, who's available. So do we. Everybody knows. So we're positioning ourselves to be great in two years."

The Lakers could have as much as $14 million in cap space and the ability to offer a maximum contract in 2007, with the list of potential free agents including Yao Ming, Amare Stoudemire and Dirk Nowitzki.

As an added step in the process, Buss said he would focus in the upcoming season on scouting possible free agents.

"I have a list of free agents coming up next year," Buss said. "I can now focus in on those guys. Then I'll have a stronger opinion at the end of the year."

If the Lakers are successful in signing a marquee player, Buss added that Jackson could stay on as coach past the three years in his current contract.

"Three years was just a number that's comfortable for both sides," Buss said. "If things are developing like we want, and we get the free agent two years from now, I don't see why he would not want to coach longer, if he wants to."

If there is a checklist of the qualifications needed to someday run the Lakers, Buss has been trying to fulfill them since he was appointed as an assistant general manager. He started by accompanying Jerry West on select scouting trips and has spent the past two seasons traveling with the team on the road.

"I was fairly successful as a trainer, but I told my dad the second he wants to ease out of the Lakers, I'll stop training and come in," Buss said. "That was when he basically gave me a call one day and said, 'You know what, I think it's time you come in, start working with Jerry and start working your way up.' "

He didn't do himself any favors with his comments in a November 1998 profile of the Buss children in Sports Illustrated.

"Evaluating basketball talent is not too difficult," Buss told the magazine. "If you grabbed 10 fans out of a bar and asked them to rate prospects, their opinions would be pretty much identical to those of the pro scouts."

He said Tuesday that he was "complimenting our scouts, not cutting them up" and was trying to point out the consensus that exists for lottery picks, compared with the challenge in drafting at the bottom of the first round, as the Lakers so often have done.

Those are the words that follow Buss around

to this day. But for all the whispers about his qualifications to take over for his father - whose teams have won eight championships in his 26 years as owner - Buss said he has been well-schooled.

"I've had eight years of teaching, and I'm learning every day," Buss said. "When you hear somebody say, 'Are you qualified?' and I'm like, 'If you had eight years of Jerry West, Mitch Kupchak and all those talented scouts working on a daily basis tutoring you, I don't know what other credentials you could have.' "

Jerry Buss' ownership plan long has been for his daughter Jeanie, the Lakers' executive vice president of business operations and Jackson's significant other, to handle all business-side operations for the team. Jim Buss will be in charge of the basketball side.

Both children have filled in for Jerry Buss at NBA board of governors meetings. Jim said one of his challenges will be gaining the trust of commissioner David Stern to appoint him to some of the league committees on which his father has served.

As for what role his older brother, Johnny, the president of the Sparks, would play with the Lakers, Buss said: "I don't talk to him about Laker business very often at all. He seems to be enjoying what he's doing with the Sparks and doing a pretty good job. I don't know if he's content. I think that would be a question he'd have to answer."

In the past year, Jim Buss' role has become more prominent, especially in communicating between Kupchak and his father. He helped bring in Rudy Tomjanovich as coach last summer, although some criticized the five-year, $30 million contract he was offered.

Buss was a voice of agreement on the O'Neal trade and was involved with the negotiations that led to Jackson's return. That he also was the only family member to attend Jackson's welcome-back news conference was viewed as significant.

Even with his 72-year-old father taking a reduced role in Lakers operations, Buss said he did not think that all decisions soon would be made by him.

"I don't see why he has to retire on final decisions," he said.

Buss' only experience running a team was a four-year stint in the 1980s as president of the Lazers, a Major Indoor Soccer League team owned by his father. The team finished in last place three of those seasons and lost a reported $500,000 a year before folding.

Buss said he knew then that he wanted to be a part of the Lakers, but there was no job waiting for him. He didn't want to take a position at the Forum without true responsibility, so he decided to train his father's horses, which he did for nine years.

He was asked Tuesday about the fight for respect that comes with a famous last name and said, "As long as I'm doing something I'm comfortable with and know I'm doing the best I can, it doesn't bother me what people think."

Now Buss, who used to sneak into the courtside seats at a Lakers game as a kid, stands ready to inherit arguably the most glamorous team in sports. He is heir to a fortune, the son of an icon and apparently immune to the pressure.

"I don't know," he said. "That's the God's honest truth. I don't know. I look forward to the challenge."

Ross Siler, (818) 713-3610 ross.siler -at- dailynews.com

Not using this to make a point one way or another. Just trying to provide some context.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject:

One of my favorite writers on twitter (good ol' @netw3rk) posted this and I share this theory tbh:

Quote:
Theory: Jeanie Buss calling it off w Phil in a statement stating her dedication to the Lakers is a precursor to her firing Jim

That's what I meant when I thought her tweet about her dedication to the Lakers was oddly worded. Pure speculation, but this is my guess as well.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Ironic how some will state that Phil Jackson is a poor executive, lucked into drafting Porzingis, yet all at the same time say that Rose and Melo (Phil's 2 main moves outside of Porzingis) help make the draft pick into a better player. Just 5 months ago it was all about how Porzingis wouldn't be able to play well because of Rose and Melo hogging all the plays. Now it's that they help create more space and shots for him (they probably would, I don't know since I don't follow their games regularly).

Could it be just that someone who has won 11 rings knows the ins and outs of a basketball game and how to put together a decent roster? Maybe he in fact knew that his prized draft pick would thrive with a coaching style and star players that drew attention? That's a far cry from saying the guys the best, but he certainly is way better than Jimbo.

Jimbo needs to be replaced. Period. Phil can stay in NY, retire or whatever. I don't care. Jimbo needs to go, and Mitch can go with him. This is a mockery. Constant losing and no talent outside of some elite draft picks. An idiot could do this. Literally, an idiot could lose games all the time and draft decently. Yes, decently. We made some great picks in the 2nd round/late 1st, and credit to us. But our lottery picks have been not any superior or outstanding than any other teams in the same positioning. Even with a big coaching change, the results are same. We're one of the worst teams in the league, again. How is this acceptable?

Hope Jeannie cleans house. Get in someone from OKC, San Antonio, or whereever. I don't care. Enough of the moves like signing Luol freaking Deng to 80 million dollar contracts as your main free agent moves. You don't see San Antonio doing that. I'll bet top dollar San Antonio will never ever do a move like that even after the slip into full rebuild mode. You just can't make moves like that. Abysmal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
One of my favorite writers on twitter (good ol' @netw3rk) posted this and I share this theory tbh:

Quote:
Theory: Jeanie Buss calling it off w Phil in a statement stating her dedication to the Lakers is a precursor to her firing Jim

That's what I meant when I thought her tweet about her dedication to the Lakers was oddly worded. Pure speculation, but this is my guess as well.

Why would anyone still think that Jeanie can fire Jim? If she could, she would have a long time ago for Phil. But she can't without a majority vote of her siblings, which she doesn't have and won't have any time soon since Jim, Jesse and Joey all work well together. And she doesn't appear to have Johnny's vote, either. In the absence of action, she resorts to sabre rattling through the media, which has become increasingly desperate and now, without Phil, hollow.
If she could fire Jim and hire Phil and live happily ever after together, why would she wait until after Phil is gone to fire Jim and then hire someone else?
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Ironic how some will state that Phil Jackson is a poor executive, lucked into drafting Porzingis, yet all at the same time say that Rose and Melo (Phil's 2 main moves outside of Porzingis) help make the draft pick into a better player. Just 5 months ago it was all about how Porzingis wouldn't be able to play well because of Rose and Melo hogging all the plays. Now it's that they help create more space and shots for him (they probably would, I don't know since I don't follow their games regularly).

Could it be just that someone who has won 11 rings knows the ins and outs of a basketball game and how to put together a decent roster? Maybe he in fact knew that his prized draft pick would thrive with a coaching style and star players that drew attention? That's a far cry from saying the guys the best, but he certainly is way better than Jimbo.

Jimbo needs to be replaced. Period. Phil can stay in NY, retire or whatever. I don't care. Jimbo needs to go, and Mitch can go with him. This is a mockery. Constant losing and no talent outside of some elite draft picks. An idiot could do this. Literally, an idiot could lose games all the time and draft decently. Yes, decently. We made some great picks in the 2nd round/late 1st, and credit to us. But our lottery picks have been not any superior or outstanding than any other teams in the same positioning. Even with a big coaching change, the results are same. We're one of the worst teams in the league, again. How is this acceptable?

Hope Jeannie cleans house. Get in someone from OKC, San Antonio, or whereever. I don't care. Enough of the moves like signing Luol freaking Deng to 80 million dollar contracts as your main free agent moves. You don't see San Antonio doing that. I'll bet top dollar San Antonio will never ever do a move like that even after the slip into full rebuild mode. You just can't make moves like that. Abysmal.

AMEN!!!!!!!! BROTHER AMEN!!!!!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject:

The understanding was that Jeannie would need support from her siblings. Initially they all agreed while Jim is unproven that he deserved a certain time frame. That time frame were these 4 years. Now maybe her siblings will never give her the authority to fire Jim for Phil. I could buy into that theory, although I have personally read alot of stuff contradicting that.

What I do not believe is that her siblings would not support Jim being booted (and Kupchak with him) for someone who actually qualifed based on merit not personal relationship. I do think there was a clear time line Jim gave them and his most recent interview showed me he knows he's in troube this summer. If Jeannie pushes it this summer, I think she gets support from her siblings to replace Jim.

Now we'll see if it was always about just Phil for Jeannie or actually hiring the best man for the job. We'll see. Jeannie needs to step up and back up her words (and my somewhat support for her). I've always felt she was more than Phil. I think Lakers are enriched in her DNA. If so, step up and make the move that's neccessary. Get someone in who has a proven record as a FO executive, who is not at all related to you or in a personal relationship with you.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject:

most of the other teams around the league have a star they are building around.....we have none and now the cba just made it harder.....are front office has to change.....they are horrible.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
most of the other teams around the league have a star they are building around.....we have none and now the cba just made it harder.....are front office has to change.....they are horrible.

I don't think horrible is the right word. I think they have just lost that mojo. I think the young guys like Ryan West and others need to be given a bigger role. I think someone needs to get Mitch's job from within the org. and someone from outside comes in and takes Jim's. That is a good transition. I feel sort of like Dumars in Detroit, Mitch and Jim have worn out their welcome. Yeah thanks Mitch for the great 2000-2010 era, but it's 2017 now in a few days. Time to move on. If Jerry West can be replaced, why can't Mitch? I'm cool with both a new GM and new VP.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
The understanding was that Jeannie would need support from her siblings. Initially they all agreed while Jim is unproven that he deserved a certain time frame. That time frame were these 4 years. Now maybe her siblings will never give her the authority to fire Jim for Phil. I could buy into that theory, although I have personally read alot of stuff contradicting that.

What I do not believe is that her siblings would not support Jim being booted (and Kupchak with him) for someone who actually qualifed based on merit not personal relationship. I do think there was a clear time line Jim gave them and his most recent interview showed me he knows he's in troube this summer. If Jeannie pushes it this summer, I think she gets support from her siblings to replace Jim.

Now we'll see if it was always about just Phil for Jeannie or actually hiring the best man for the job. We'll see. Jeannie needs to step up and back up her words (and my somewhat support for her). I've always felt she was more than Phil. I think Lakers are enriched in her DNA. If so, step up and make the move that's neccessary. Get someone in who has a proven record as a FO executive, who is not at all related to you or in a personal relationship with you.

There are 6 Buss siblings; Johnny, Jim, Jeanie, Janie, Jesse, and Joey.
Which 4 will vote for Jim's ouster?
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

It was a great post. No fluff, just right to the point
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
laker4life wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I am so glad that you will consider my opinions accordlngly. I often worry about how you will respond to my comments, observations and opinion about the status of the Lakers.

Since you regularly post on this message board and have also responded to my previous post, you are aware of my position of the Laker FO and Jim's role

Likewise, since I often read your comments, I, as well as others, are aware of your position of the Lakers FO and Jim's role.

I am a Laker fan and want them to do well. I have no ill feelings toward Jim.

For the last four years, they have not done well and I have an opinion on why that is the case. I believe that there are other fans who share my sentiments about this team.

Whether you or any other fan disagrees with my opinion, I am not here to change their mind or thoughts.

In the end, it is a win win situation for us. In a few years, the Lakers will either be contending for a championship as Jim Buss promised or he will resign or be asked to leave. (a win win for Laker fans)
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject:

If Phil is out of the picture, I'm edging my opinion towards booting Jim rather than being ambivalent about it. He said three or four years for the WCFs, we look like we are going to miss the playoffs again, and maybe we will be closer to making it but only because the teams in the West after the top seven have regressed in a major way. Contending in four years is a joke.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Co-sign!
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Thank you for stating the obvious. However, the reality is Jim is being provided a chance to make his mark.

I hope that if the Lakers continue to falter and does not improve over the remaining part of this season, Jim simply resigns and allow Jeanie to do what is best for this organization.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13
Jump to: