It's time for a trade - The Trade Deadline Thread (Woj: Lakers get Ennis from Houston/Huertas out P. 207)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 225, 226, 227

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Pelican's have zilch on their bench. Heck, Casspi is one of the best players on the team & he just got there.

He also just a broke a bone.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Michael Lee
Verified account
‏@MrMichaelLee 2m
2 minutes ago

More
Lou Williams joined HOU Thursday in NO. Didn't participate in shootaround. Didn't know if he'd play...has 22 pts & 6 3s in 20 minutes

Team is enamored with tanking. We sent our only player worth something for a late pick. Time to ride the younglins into the mediocrity ocean. I used to make fun of Boston miserable years, this is our turn.

No need for this drama, just because he had a good game. Was he a 6th man for a contender? He was a scoring punch for a team not even in contention for a playoff spot. He's never played any defense in his career, and turns 31 this year. This gets us a pick and hedges our team towards keeping the lotto pick. Mediocrity is what the Lakers are trying to avoid.

I never thought Jim and Mitch should be replaced. This post gives me a smile knowing that fans will never be happy no matter who's in charge.

Last edited by Runway8 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Kings make that huge move...then come out and start Koufos and Ty Lawson? Start Heild and WCS, and start the rebuild....geez

And people only like to blame Cousins for Sac misfortunes? When their organization as a whole has been nothing but a head scratcher for the past 13 years or so.

Buddy and WCS are having big games....the media reaction is going to be over the top tomorrow is Sac wins since the Pels lost....hot take marathon.

Is Vivek Ranadivé a basketball genius? Vivek Ranadivé is the next Jerry West!! It is going to be fun

even Skal and Mclemore are playing well tonight...there is some young talent in Sac...they still have Malachi Richardson on the roster who has got no minutes this year....they are not good, but they have some pieces to evaluate.
augus7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Kings make that huge move...then come out and start Koufos and Ty Lawson? Start Heild and WCS, and start the rebuild....geez

And people only like to blame Cousins for Sac misfortunes? When their organization as a whole has been nothing but a head scratcher for the past 13 years or so.

Buddy and WCS are having big games....the media reaction is going to be over the top tomorrow is Sac wins since the Pels lost....hot take marathon.

Is Vivek Ranadivé a basketball genius? Vivek Ranadivé is the next Jerry West!! It is going to be fun

"Boogie = Cancer confirmed?"

I'm loving it.
Shame we won't be getting WCS soon now that he's unleashed.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

augus7 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I'm loving it.

It's just one game, the King are going to be putrid.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
augus7 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I'm loving it.

They won their last game without Boogie too.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Michael Lee
Verified account
‏@MrMichaelLee 2m
2 minutes ago

More
Lou Williams joined HOU Thursday in NO. Didn't participate in shootaround. Didn't know if he'd play...has 22 pts & 6 3s in 20 minutes

Team is enamored with tanking. We sent our only player worth something for a late pick. Time to ride the younglins into the mediocrity ocean. I used to make fun of Boston miserable years, this is our turn.

The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
nash wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Michael Lee
Verified account
‏@MrMichaelLee 2m
2 minutes ago

More

We'll be relying on the next Jordan Farmar and Wesley Johnson as the faces of the franchise
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Michael Lee
Verified account
‏@MrMichaelLee 2m
2 minutes ago

More

Trading Lou for a 1st round pick was one of the most obvious moves that I can remember in quite some time. The entire league expected this to happen and it did. Not sure what there is to complain about.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
nash wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Michael Lee
Verified account
‏@MrMichaelLee 2m
2 minutes ago

More

Trading Lou for a 1st round pick was one of the most obvious moves that I can remember in quite some time. The entire league expected this to happen and it did. Not sure what there is to complain about.

He wasn't complaining. He was pouncing on the opportunity to throw more backhanded shade.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject:

augus7 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I'm loving it.

Wow, did anyone else watch him play this game? He was hitting jump shots, driving to the basket, one handed shots from 5 feet. 22 (bleep) shots! It was almost like he was scared to be himself with Boogie on the team.
augus7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
augus7 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I'm loving it.

Yeah I understand that it's just one game.

But man, WCS balled in this one.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
KnicksNation @KnicksNation
Ian Begley just said on ESPN radio the Knicks and Wolves had a deal but by the time NY agreed, they simply ran out of time...goodbye

Probably not true, but this is the Knicks we're talking about here
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Quote:
Ian Begley just said on ESPN radio the Knicks and Wolves had a deal but by the time NY agreed, they simply ran out of time...goodbye

Sounds like the Knicks.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Quote:

Probably not true, but this is the Knicks we're talking about here

That was actually the one deal that I liked for the Knicks and thought they should've pounced on. Oh well, back to maxing past his prime Derrick Rose. Good job Phil.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
augus7 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I'm loving it.

Wow, did anyone else watch him play this game? He was hitting jump shots, driving to the basket, one handed shots from 5 feet. 22 (bleep) shots! It was almost like he was scared to be himself with Boogie on the team.

It's a reason why I was screaming his & Noel name on here for months. I expect big #'s from Noel also
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
nash wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Michael Lee
Verified account
‏@MrMichaelLee 2m
2 minutes ago

More

Lou was probably the best player we've had in the last 3 years.

It's understandable that fans would have grown attached to him.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
augus7 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I'm loving it.

Reminds me of Jermaine Oneal.

His rookie year he was behind Rasheed. Sophomore year he was 3rd string behind Rasheed and Brian Grant. He couldn't even get center minutes because Arvydas started and Sheed/Kelvin Cato spelled him.

Guy gets moved to Indiana and in year 1 there goes 13/10 then 19/10 and dpoy caliber play. It just happens...

Hopefully we'll see some of our guards make a huge jump with more freedom and a longer rope. I'm counting on it.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
augus7 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I'm loving it.

It's a reason why I was screaming his & Noel name on here for months. I expect big #'s from Noel also

wtf

babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
nash wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Michael Lee
Verified account
‏@MrMichaelLee 2m
2 minutes ago

More

It's unbelievable- especially when the entire idea behind increasing the lotto odds is to avoid long-term mediocrity.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
augus7 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I'm loving it.

Reminds me of Jermaine Oneal.

His rookie year he was behind Rasheed. Sophomore year he was 3rd string behind Rasheed and Brian Grant. He couldn't even get center minutes because Arvydas started and Sheed/Kelvin Cato spelled him.

Guy gets moved to Indiana and in year 1 there goes 13/10 then 19/10 and dpoy caliber play. It just happens...

Hopefully we'll see some of our guards make a huge jump with more freedom and a longer rope. I'm counting on it.

Where's VLF ? IIRC, he loves WCS. Looks like he may have been onto something.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
augus7 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I'm loving it.

what the heck

At this mark:

The guard thought he could drive pass WCS. Stein stayed with him and swatted that non-sense.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject:

petergr wrote:
Epic1971 wrote:
Difference between Mitch and Ainge:

Ainge got:

2-3 Unprotected First Round Picks for aging Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett.

Mitch got NOTHING for Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol. Younger and better players at the time they walked.

That is what did us in...

I hate the Celtics as much as all of us here do...but they did it right.

Yes, if Mitch traded an aging Kobe for draft picks and built around Dwight, he would have have been as smart as Danny Ainge.

Indeed. Dwight was supposed to be our future cornerstone. He was not to be traded. With the CP3 trade Mitch showed that for the right price Pau can be had. Yet, for some reason we did not get decent offers for Pau. I guess everybody was expecting him to walk and then have him as a FA. GMs are not stupid, you know.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject:

2017 NBA Trade Deadline Recap

Here’s a recap of 2017’s deadline deals, starting with the moves completed today…

(Note: The Rockets’ acquisition of Lou Williams, which wasn’t made official until today, will be considered a February 23 trade. Additionally, not all the deals below have been officially finalized yet, so for now our recap is based on what has been reported.)

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/02/2017-nba-trade-deadline-recap.html
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 225, 226, 227
Page 227 of 227
Jump to: