It's time for a trade - The Trade Deadline Thread (Woj: Lakers get Ennis from Houston/Huertas out P. 207)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 225, 226, 227  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

Jakanzi wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
All I will say is that I wonder how many of the people who post here actually watch Laker games. Because a lot of the posts are nowhere near what is going on.

To me one of the more interesting thing about sports is that two people can watch the exact same thing and disagree about what happened and why.

And as Mike has said, two scouts can see the same player and come away with different opinions. And I give most scouts credit for seeing more than I do. I have always relied a lot on the psychology of players. Of course they have to have talent, but their mental makeup is often the difference maker.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject:

Slash&Splash wrote:
I wonder what we could get for a Randle-Clarkson package.

If it isn't a top 10 player it isn't happening.
GRE4T ONE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Slash&Splash wrote:

Top 10 lol
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

GRE4T ONE wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Slash&Splash wrote:

Top 10 lol

VLF is a source familiar with the thinking of Mitch Kupchak.

It's that type of thinking that let Pau Gasol walk away for free. So he knows what he's talking about. Mitch Kupchak ain't trading one of our key components for anything less than a star by name.

It's why we can't have nice things.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

GRE4T ONE wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Slash&Splash wrote:

Top 10 lol

They should atleast fetch us an All-Star player.. They are young, productive players and not a "bust" like Anthony Bennett or Darko to be exact.

If the 2014 NBA draft was re-done, JC would definitely be a !st round pick.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully Lou can string together some more hot games and build that trade value
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

I doubt the Lakers trade any of their players on a rookie contract unless a star is coming back i.e. Paul George caliber. Ingram is probably the last to be traded.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Hopefully Lou can string together some more hot games and build that trade value

Were only going to get a second rounder for him.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

I would be quite surprised(but delighted) if Mitch traded Sweet Lou. Perfect opportunity to get a draft pick and help the tank.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject:

GRE4T ONE wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Slash&Splash wrote:

Top 10 lol

I agree with you...need at least a top 8. Actually, the way Clarkson seems to be in total control of your emotions, I would just rather keep him.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

I would be quite surprised(but delighted) if Mitch traded Sweet Lou. Perfect opportunity to get a draft pick and help the tank.

I don't think the pick would be as good as we'd like, but there's some interesting talent available as a way later 1st. I like the trade more because it removes Luke's coaching crutch, gives JC full opportunity to run the 2nd unit without competing for shots, and also frees up Ingram if he goes back to the 2nd unit, who gets shut out a lot as a backup. And I guess all these things benefit the tank, too.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
GRE4T ONE wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Slash&Splash wrote:

Top 10 lol

VLF is a source familiar with the thinking of Mitch Kupchak.

It's that type of thinking that let Pau Gasol walk away for free. So he knows what he's talking about. Mitch Kupchak ain't trading one of our key components for anything less than a star by name.

It's why we can't have nice things.

You don't know nice things when you see them.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

I would trade him for a pick in the range of 22-26.....if that could get us Josh Hart. He will be 22 by the draft, but still think he has a chance of being a very good NBA player.

Sacramento seems desperate to make the playoffs with that new arena....Lou would make that much more likely. Would they give up the #14th pick to make the playoffs? Lou would not wilt to Boogie either....Lou will be Lou, and Boogie will have to deal with it.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
I doubt the Lakers trade any of their players on a rookie contract unless a star is coming back i.e. Paul George caliber. Ingram is probably the last to be traded.

Agreed on Ingram. Basically Clarkson, DLO, Randle, ahead of Ingram, in that order

Ingram seems the smartest, at making the right moves on the court and hardest worker of the bunch

DLO is the most frustrating. Lazy passes, pretty non-aggressive game - he's just too laid back out there, he plays like he's taking it easy on a beach-side basketball court on a sunday afternoon
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

Of course they wouldn't, that would be a stupid thing to do. Not before they at least play through their rookie contracts.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Of course they wouldn't, that would be a stupid thing to do. Not before they at least play through their rookie contracts.

you do not trade low cost labor, especially since you basically control where they play the first 8 or more years of their career. Top of the lottery picks are like being able to hire MIT grads for $30K a year....sure they are not as good as MIT grads with experience, but they are very smart.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

GRE4T ONE wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Slash&Splash wrote:

Top 10 lol

We would have to add to the package to get that kind of player.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Calderon and Robinson for Spencer Hawes... is that realistic?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Um, why?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Um, why?

Read a poster talking about the chance of getting a stretch big man.
crazylakerfan001
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Slash&Splash wrote:

top 10 lol you'd be lucky to get a borderline allstar and thats a steal for us.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:

We need to trade Lou. He has been productive and I appreciate that he's contributed to our wins along with being a great teammate, but it seems like his bad habits are rubbing off on JC. When these two come in with the second unit it's just iso after iso, and I've seen numerous times this season when JC decides to go 1 on 4 and refuses to pass the ball, leading to stupid turnovers. I don't recall this happening as often during his rookie year, so to me, his decision making has regressed. Not going to put all the blame on Lou, because that is his playing style and what makes him successful in the league. But psychologically, when you're sharing the backcourt with somebody playing that style of basketball, especially as a young player, I think it tends to rub off which is why JC has been such a ball stopper lately, he's trying to "get mine" like his fellow backcourt mate. Add on to the fact that Luke doesn't seem to hold him accountable (I still remember a game earlier this year where JC's turnovers and chucking single handily led to like a 10 point swing and almost cost us the game, Luke just kept him in there) like he does with D'Lo, I think JC's development is being hindered.

Anyways, if we can get a first round pick for Lou I'd make the deal in a heartbeat. You can't tell me a team contending in the playoffs wouldn't mind giving up a lower first round pick for a scorer off the bench with a very cap friendly contract. He'd be perfect for a team looking to take the next step, I just don't think his style of play fits in well for us at this particular moment.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
We need to trade Lou. He has been productive and I appreciate that he's contributed to our wins along with being a great teammate, but it seems like his bad habits are rubbing off on JC. When these two come in with the second unit it's just iso after iso, and I've seen numerous times this season when JC decides to go 1 on 4 and refuses to pass the ball, leading to stupid turnovers. I don't recall this happening as often during his rookie year, so to me, his decision making has regressed. Not going to put all the blame on Lou, because that is his playing style and what makes him successful in the league. But psychologically, when you're sharing the backcourt with somebody playing that style of basketball, especially as a young player, I think it tends to rub off which is why JC has been such a ball stopper lately, he's trying to "get mine" like his fellow backcourt mate. Add on to the fact that Luke doesn't seem to hold him accountable (I still remember a game earlier this year where JC's turnovers and chucking single handily led to like a 10 point swing and almost cost us the game, Luke just kept him in there) like he does with D'Lo, I think JC's development is being hindered.

Anyways, if we can get a first round pick for Lou I'd make the deal in a heartbeat. You can't tell me a team contending in the playoffs wouldn't mind giving up a lower first round pick for a scorer off the bench with a very cap friendly contract. He'd be perfect for a team looking to take the next step, I just don't think his style of play fits in well for us at this particular moment.

Well no contender last year wanted him what makes this year any different?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:

Says who?
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:

Says who?

Says everyone and on top of that no one wanted to us a 1st rounder for him either.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 225, 226, 227  Next
Page 32 of 227
Jump to: