Kemp's top 50 DONX
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

you know what kemp does to people in the hall of fame?
DONX on them

to all those first team all nba-ers:
He'll DONX on them too.

griffin and stoudemire, if were talking about donx, are not anywhere near kemp. all they have on him is probably a more professional attitude, which basically means a little less coke and fewer kids. but if we're talking about donxing, all your points are irrelevant.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
you know what kemp does to people in the hall of fame?
DONX on them

to all those first team all nba-ers:
He'll DONX on them too.

So did Daryl Dawkins. A great dunker doesn't mean a great player.

Heck, Kemp never had a full season where he averaged 20 ppg. He only finished in the top 10 in rebounding three times in his career, never higher than 5th. In his best season, he was 8th in MVP voting.

It was fun to watch him dunk, but he wasn't an all-time great.

Last edited by activeverb on Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
I must be in the very small minority here b/c I'm really unmoved by almost every one of the dunks in this compilation. Some of them were nice, but seriously with the Vince Carter comparisons here? Squatting is celebrating? No contest, IMO. My memories of Kemp's dunk game are much better than what I see in this video ...

Here's how you celebrate an epic dunk (my dog agrees) ... he murdered a frog and still found time to shake the blood from his leg ...

Ya most of em didn't really blow me away BUT. #7, 3, 2 ,1 are of the other-planetary variety. I understand the Kemp argument with these as the seminal dunks. Plus he had about 20 other ones just dunking on dudes (although they don't look unhumanly athletic)
Most of Vince's dunks from his prime look unhumanly athletic - so I'm with Vince in this debate 100%.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Sick reel. That dunk on Antoine Care?! (Got Barkley bad too).

One of the best in traffic Dunkers. He made many people want to quit bball. His combination elite speed, handles (for a 4) and hops is very rare. Great memories! Amare and Blake are not even close.

VC, 'Nique still ahead but can't name a 3rd I'd take over Kemp. Now I'm nostalgic for the NBA on NBC theme song!
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
Sick reel. That dunk on Antoine Care?! (Got Barkley bad too).

One of the best in traffic Dunkers. He made many people want to quit bball. His combination elite speed, handles (for a 4) and hops is very rare. Great memories! Amare and Blake are not even close.

VC, 'Nique still ahead but can't name a 3rd I'd take over Kemp. Now I'm nostalgic for the NBA on NBC theme song!

right?! your username sounds like you actually watched kemp.

kemp's problem was not lack of talent, or skill, or that everyone was dunking like that and it wasn't anything special. this is what i'm reading here, and it's not accurate. he had one very bad problem, and it's probably why he's not in the HoF. he went from dunking in these videos to looking like fat/retired barkely in a blink of an eye seemingly.

dawkins was a great dunker. from an even earlier era. very powerful also, and NOT your basic dunker, lol. he didn't have kemps speed, so add an usain bolt running start to his power, and you have kemp.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
kemp was better than lebron

you should stop, tbqh
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: