When Focused, Julius Randle Is Los Angeles Lakers' Best Player

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: When Focused, Julius Randle Is Los Angeles Lakers' Best Player

Hey all,

Here's my latest at Bleacher Report

When Focused, Julius Randle Is Los Angeles Lakers' Best Player
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2685200-when-focused-julius-randle-is-los-angeles-lakers-best-player

Thanks,

Eric
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, nice read.

Any insights into why Julius gets into those distracted moments? Is it just age/immaturity or ? He mentally drifts it seems, could he be a bit ADD or something (not that I know much about that honestly). Or maybe just bad habits.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

I loved the fact that Luke gave the starters more minutes against the grizz. I think he overplays the bench sometimes and it can cool off DLO and Swaggy when they are shooting well.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

emplay, thank you for the article!

I had a tangential question about Nick's contract - if he opts out this summer, is his cap hold his 2017-18 salary or would it be higher?
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Nick's cap hold: $10,343,444
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

As far as the "why" with Julius, young players are inconsistent. Either they find consistency and reach their potential or they just become role players or worse
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
Nick's cap hold: $10,343,444

Thank you!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject:

I'm truly confused by him. Some nights I think he looks so clumsy down low. But the other night, he looks like a lesser Charles Barkley, but greater Draymond Green. And that's not bad at all.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
I'm truly confused by him. Some nights I think he looks so clumsy down low. But the other night, he looks like a lesser Charles Barkley, but greater Draymond Green. And that's not bad at all.

He does look clumsy with his left-handed flip shots but he has always made buckets that way back in college. it was different for him in high school though because he was a man among boys.

I wanted to see less clumsy looking shots but if it works, then I can live with that.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject:

You can see the game starting to slow down for him a little bit. Some of his little five footers are starting to fall since they are coming more in rythmn and not in panic mode. He'll be alright right, now everything seems too fast. But it's gradually slowing down.

Last edited by ExPatLkrFan on Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
As far as the "why" with Julius, young players are inconsistent. Either they find consistency and reach their potential or they just become role players or worse
Bringing consistent energy is something that Julius can work on right now, with the help of his teammates to keep him accountable

His effectiveness is something that will vacillate from good to bad to outrageous to pitiful to average, etc. - at this point of his career, that is to be expected and hopefully Julius will embrace the lessons learned

The picture is becoming clearer that having a Point Forward is the most consistent and dependable road to take, unless LouWill is playing PG. DLO and JC are very talented players with excellent skills but not game changers/closers - consistently. Every team need players like DLO and JC to be successful and it will be fascinating to see is they embrace the roles that will make them the most effective or will they cling to the vision of being The Man.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

I think Walton should pull Randle aside and tell him that he wants him to be "the man" and go for 30 points! Let's see if showing that kind of confidence in him will instill a killer-instinct / alpha male-type attitude.

This sharing the ball crap, makes everyone less competitive...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I think Walton should pull Randle aside and tell him that he wants him to be "the man" and go for 30 points! Let's see if showing that kind of confidence in him will instill a killer-instinct / alpha male-type attitude.

So go Byron?
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

That must be the reason why Draymond Green is a great player - lmao
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

I actually like that lately he seems more interested in getting the assist than scoring himself. He had opportunities last night where he could have went iso but gave up the ball instead. Kid is growing, he will be a good one.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I actually like that lately he seems more interested in getting the assist than scoring himself. He had opportunities last night where he could have went iso but gave up the ball instead. Kid is growing, he will be a good one.

You can tell he looks forward to getting assist. Also helps him set better screens (sometimes illegal)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: