John Ireland said Bulls are shopping Butler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
After the Nash deal, I believe anything can happen. That was a bad deal and Deng and Mozgov were not good deals either.

This is the track record lately...

That deal was only bad in hindsight. At the time people were praising Mitch for stealing Nash from Phoenix. NOBODY could have predicted Steve Nash breaking down the way he did, if anything some were expecting his career to be extended because he wasn't going to be carrying as much of a load.

That's how I remember it as well. Everyone loved the Nash trade and people were proclaiming us the champs before the first game was even played. Who knew it would turn into a dumpster fire
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Mitch made the Nash deal as a move to contend. We already had kobe, Pau and Dwight.

This is futile to trade so many young pieces for essentially being a middling non contending team.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
After the Nash deal, I believe anything can happen. That was a bad deal and Deng and Mozgov were not good deals either.

Nash deal happened when we looking to be contenders from a solid playoff team though. Plus big 3 of Kobe, Dwight, Nash plus Pau. Most were expecting non-lottery first picks for next 3 years before Kobe tore achilles. Not to mention we never drafted that well with late pics those days. Marc Gasol was a good one but we drafted Crittenton and Sun Yue ahead of him.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mitch made the Nash deal as a move to contend. We already had kobe, Pau and Dwight.

This is futile to trade so many young pieces for essentially being a middling non contending team.

Technically we didn't have Dwight yet. Nash trade was 4th of July, Dwight got traded in August. But your point stands, we still had Bynum
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Exactly.

Jimmy Butler is REALLY good, but he's not a guy you trade away that much to get.

The list of players you'd trade that much to get is very short and Jimmy Butler sure as hell isn't on it.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject:

You hold out for Paul George. There are already rumblings of him hating it in Indy right now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Technically we didn't have Dwight yet. Nash trade was 4th of July, Dwight got traded in August. But your point stands, we still had Bynum

Yeah just realized that. But we had a better contention core at the time
DMAULS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Dave has to be related to Clarkson; it's so out of hand at this point.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

yea, why do the bulls want to trade butler? i dont get that.
i like butler, would not mind him being a laker. he's a very good player. he stands out amongst the top tier stars because he's the only one of the bunch who is also a solid perimeter defender. he's a strong player, and usually a smart one. he's been working on taking over games as a guy his caliber is supposed to at the end of games. some good, some bad, definitely improving there. he had a bad one against us, but lately he's delivered...he just made a game winner i think.

lakers have nobody on butler's level right now, other than potential and hype. i'm with those saying they would give up randle and clarkson for him. I wouldn't give up on DLO or Ingram yet. dlo is a good spot up shooter, seems to be better than butler as far as that. he's a better passer, with potential to be the best passer in the league. so that's why i wouldn't want that.

ingram shows signs of being a very great slasher. other stuff not so much yet. he moves better than durant, shoots worse. i wouldn't give him up because if he becomes a great slasher, i'd want to keep that vs butler's steady/strong artest-like game.

all the other guys you can go ahead and package for butler.
Mike Breen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Ric Bucher and Bleacher report..if you think the Bulls are looking/willing to trade Butler I've got a bridge to sell you
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Realistically I think Russell, Ingram, and Zubac could get us Butler.

Anything to get rid of Dlo. So shameless.

In his quest to get rid of Russell, he also inadvertently acknowledged that Russell, Randle, and Ingram are all more valuable than Clarkson
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah just realized that. But we had a better contention core at the time

Yup, Kobe was healthy, Pau was still pretty good, Bynum was coming off his best season...
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Mike Breen wrote:
Ric Bucher and Bleacher report..if you think the Bulls are looking/willing to trade Butler I've got a bridge to sell you

yea it doesnt make sense to me. he's the face of that team, and a top 10 guy in the league. with this new wade team, he's just improving more...i dont understand why the bulls would want to move him.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

In his quest to get rid of Russell, he also inadvertently acknowledged that Russell, Randle, and Ingram are all more valuable than Clarkson

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

That deal was only bad in hindsight. At the time people were praising Mitch for stealing Nash from Phoenix. NOBODY could have predicted Steve Nash breaking down the way he did, if anything some were expecting his career to be extended because he wasn't going to be carrying as much of a load.

Not true. Nash was a free agent that wanted to go to a contender, we couldn't have possibly stolen him if we wanted to. Most of the people on this forum were just happy we got Nash, but there were quite a few that didn't like how much we gave up(including myself.)

The moves made after the S&T is what truly made it a bad one.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Not true. Nash was a free agent that wanted to go to a contender, we couldn't have possibly stolen him if we wanted to. Most of the people on this forum were just happy we got Nash, but there were quite a few that didn't like how much we gave up(including myself.)

The moves made after the S&T is what truly made it a bad one.

Which why The Sixers and The Magic will get our draft picks at some point.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Kd
Leonard
Steph
Lebron
Davis
Westbrook
Harden
Cousins
George
Cp3

Are all easily better than butler

Then there's guys like Giannis, klay, Hayward, green, derozan, Lillard, m.gasol, lillard and wall who I think butler is lumped in with above or below depending on who you ask. So I would not say butler is top 10 like he all of a sudden is now because of availability rumors
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Mo' touches for JC...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Mike Breen wrote:

What type of bridge?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject:

It's tantalizing to imagine Butler joining the current roster.

Less so minus 2 of Randle/Ingram/Russell. Then what? Hoping we sign Blake Griffin?

Two years from now, we're debating whether we can convince Butler to resign with a mediocre team or trade him before he walks for nothing.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject:

They should because Dwayne Wade is the future! Need to build around him.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Iirc we landed Nash before Howard. Helped peak Dwight's interest because he felt Nash would get him the ball.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Iirc we landed Nash before Howard. Helped peak Dwight's interest because he felt Nash would get him the ball.

Peaked nothing, Howard had no choice but to play here.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure what the team needs to start winning but we need proven talent on this team, getting Jimmy Butler won't do much this year but we might get some few good FAs to take a pay cut to play here with a superstar.

Of course I'm excited about this teams growth in the next few years but the fans and media don't care about stats they care about championships.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

If he is available, Thibs will revisit a trade.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9
Jump to: