John Ireland said Bulls are shopping Butler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
I'd trade russell for him, and if we could move mozgov or deng along with him so we can get some cap space then we could pursue the very unlikely paul george in 2017. He'd be much more willing to join if we had butler.
If it was one for one, we should want to trade ANY of our young guys for him. Lol @ I'd trade Dlo specifically for him. ONLY DLO.

Imo, a Dlo and Butler back court would be deadly.

IMO, from a pairing standpoint, DLO is the guy you absolutely need with Butler more so than Ingram, Jules, or JC.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
And let's say we could get Jrue Holiday or George Hill in free agency (as I said, just spitballing here). Our starting 5 next season could be Jrue or Hill, Butler, Ingram, Deng, and Noel. We'd still have Lou, Nance, and Mozgov too, as well as Zubac. .

I don't see that as a contending team, unless Ingram suddenly turns into a superstar, but it could make it to the second round. (Also I question whether we'd have cap space for Jrue or Hill).

That said, I don't have faith that Randle, DLO or Clarkson are going to be anything special
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject:

To the best of my knowledge -- and I have some pretty well-placed knowledge -- the Bulls are not shopping Butler.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
To the best of my knowledge -- and I have some pretty well-placed knowledge -- the Bulls are not shopping Butler.

Thanks Larry.

I hate Bulls rumors b/c they're like the guy who goes to the car dealership every week but never buys a car.

Leave a long trail of upset salesmen and GMs.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

Ric Bucher, guys. Ric Bucher.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Kill this (bleep).
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I don't want Butler as a Laker.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Larry/GT/Emplay;
It seems Atlanta is packing it in. Any chance we can get Bazemore back? Do you think he is a good fit? We really have no perimeter defenders other than BI (and occasionally Swaggy). I think the versatility he would bring defensively would help out alot.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Larry/GT/Emplay;
It seems Atlanta is packing it in. Any chance we can get Bazemore back? Do you think he is a good fit? We really have no perimeter defenders other than BI (and occasionally Swaggy). I think the versatility he would bring defensively would help out alot.

I like Baze, Lakers apparently liked him enough to offer him what became Deng's deal. Who knows. Lou/Swaggy combined would allow them to reap the benefits of their scoring THIS year while having Swaggy come off this summer (he'll opt out) and Lou on a cheap then-1 year expiring deal. Sort of cap relief for them while still getting scoring production.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Anyone but Brandon Ingram and Larry Nance Jr.

Especially B.I, who's probably gonna be better than Jimmy Buckets in a couple years.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Honestly, I don't want Butler as a Laker.

I concur.

We'd be giving up too much talent to get Jimmy who would be wasting his prime during our development.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject:

we arent at the stage to trade for a Butler type talent, with 16 of last 24 at Staples we can make a run at the 8 seed and get kids feet wet in a playoff sweep

They all work hard maybe we can jump to 6 next year and make a series interesting the following year if there is visible growth if a Butler type talent is available you strike to try to move into Championship contention

Trading for Butler now is one of those lets appease the fans with a big name moves that will backfire because will equate to minimal more wins immediately
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
we arent at the stage to trade for a Butler type talent, with 16 of last 24 at Staples we can make a run at the 8 seed and get kids feet wet in a playoff sweep

They all work hard maybe we can jump to 6 next year and make a series interesting the following year if there is visible growth if a Butler type talent is available you strike to try to move into Championship contention

Trading for Butler now is one of those lets appease the fans with a big name moves that will backfire because will equate to minimal more wins immediately

Honestly with all the pieces we'd have to trade for Butler, I'm not sure we even make the playoffs with a Butler centric team.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Honestly with all the pieces we'd have to trade for Butler, I'm not sure we even make the playoffs with a Butler centric team.

I think either the Twolves or Boston gets him if they are serious about dealing him, which I doubt too, because Rondo is gone at end of year if not sooner and Dwade isnt gonna want to stick around that so who does Chicago have to sell tickets ?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pmacla wrote:

I think either the Twolves or Boston gets him if they are serious about dealing him, which I doubt too, because Rondo is gone at end of year if not sooner and Dwade isnt gonna want to stick around that so who does Chicago have to sell tickets ?

As our own Larry Coon posted, I doubt the Bulls trade Butler.

They will (should) fire Hoiberg and trade others before it comes to that.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:

The roster we would have left would be worse than the Bulls supporting cast, and they're 18-18 in the Leastern conference.

If they want JC straight up. Yeah, go for it. I would even give up JC and Lou Williams. But I'm sure the Bulls are looking for at least 2 of the main young core, as well as some peripherals such as Lou or Nick, and draft picks.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
I would have traded Randle, Ingram and Clarkson 4 Butler but

Since we no longer have tons of cap I wouldnt do it. We could of paired Bulter with some stars in free agency.

Unless the bulls are will8ng to take either deng or Mozgov there is no real reason to make this trade.

Max I will do is Ingram, Clarkson and Deng. We can't trade all our prospects away. It just makes us another Bulls with no real shot at the ring in near future.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject:

- quoted wrong POST ignore this lol -

Last edited by justsomelakerfan on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
I would have traded Randle, Ingram and Clarkson 4 Butler but

Since we no longer have tons of cap I wouldnt do it. We could of paired Bulter with some stars in free agency.

Unless the bulls are will8ng to take either deng or Mozgov there is no real reason to make this trade.

Max I will do is Ingram, Clarkson and Deng. We can't trade all our prospects away. It just makes us another Bulls with no real shot at the ring in near future.

Same here. But we have to give up the good stuff if you want Butler, and we just don't have the depth to get that done without getting rid of at least one of Russell/Randle.

So I tap out on this. If they did Ingram/Clarkson/salary match/2019 pick... Whew!
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

I'd give up Ingram and Clarkson, of course the Bulls would laugh at that. I don't see them trading Butler tbh.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject:

This thread is purely about speculation, that said, if I'm the Bulls the Lakers have practically nothing I want for Butler.

To even start discussions the least I'd accept if I were managing that team is Ingram, Russell, and Randle. We can discuss a 1st or 2nd rounders later.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
The only trade I would make would be Randle and Clarkson for butler. Then I would probably be hating it 5 years down the road when butler is a 33 year old shell of himself and Randle is one of the top pfs in the NBA.

I wish more people could realize this fact and not be so short sighted when trying to ship off the young core
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
scoobs wrote:
MJST wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
let the ridiculous packages for butler begin.

yeah, I mean seriously. Why the heck would we get rid of pieces and get Butler when that just puts us in the exact same place the Bulls are trying to escape from.

There's a reason Butler is being shopped.

And no, I'm not [expletive] giving up Russell, Ingram, or Randle for him. That defeats the purpose of why you'd want him on this team.
Well, if we do the trade without giving up Russell, we would be pretty good.

1) We're not

2) Giving up Randle and Ingram for Butler is too much.

Butler isn't exactly the piece that takes the Bulls over the top. Heck, if anything he's proving that he isn't the guy you want leading your team/face of the franchise IF you want to be a winning/playoff contending team.

He's Scottie Pippen, so we shouldn't be eager in any way to go get the guy and get rid of all our young talent to have this guy lead our team, when he's already shown that even in the East he isn't the guy that will lead your team anywhere.

Maybe in 2020 we can make a run at him, but other than that, no. Giving up Ingram, Russell or Randle for him is a NO.

Not unless you have other moves in place that are going to make you an instant finals contender, otherwise the trade would be pointless.

And if I'm the Bulls that's not enough. If I'm the Bulls to begin even discussing Butler, the first names out of Mitch's mouth better be Ingram, Russell, Randle....which is too much.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject:

The problem with Butler is that he's a very good player and will rightfully command a lot on the trade market, but he's not yet demonstrated the ability to be a franchise level alpha, and you have to give up your guys who may, and the draft position to have a shot at any more, to get him.

Classic case of getting a very very good player, but at too high a cost.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject:

He would be great in NY
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9
Jump to: