Mitch Kupchak speaks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
okay
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Well I figured out how stupid those jokes were after awhile, but then I tricked one of the posters into telling me what the trade was. Just how reliable his sources were, I don't know.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Just imagine we had that thread going wild even though no one knew what was going on just imagine this trade goes down yikes.
Borri
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
Just imagine we had that thread going wild even though no one knew what was going on just imagine this trade goes down yikes.

Well the only worthwhile info i got from that thread was Sky telling me that the trade if it were to go through would make us go from a bubble 8th seed to making a legit run at the 6th seed. It wouldn't make us contenders.

Which is good, i'd like to see us in the playoffs. Im justing hoping is not for a player with a toxic contract as it seems they are the only ones available via trade with the scrub package we are offering.
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject:

Borri@CL wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

Well the only worthwhile info i got from that thread was Sky telling me that the trade if it were to go through would make us go from a bubble 8th seed to making a legit run at the 6th seed. It wouldn't make us contenders.

Which is good, i'd like to see us in the playoffs. Im justing hoping is not for a player with a toxic contract as it seems they are the only ones available via trade with the scrub package we are offering.

Well, the Lakers at 25-25 are only 2 games behind NOK, which is at 27-23. So to go from 8 to 6 isn't really saying much. Lakers could do that without a trade.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject:

There does at least need to be a small move.
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject:

No inside info ... just some interesting fan feedback and rumors here in New York.

Ever since the Odom to NY for Frye story hit, Knicks fans are getting louder and louder in demanding that Isiah pull the trigger. A number are even saying include someone else big to entice the Lakers ... even Marbury has been thrown into the mix. ALmost makes you think Isiah and Brown pulled one of their typical leaks to gauge fan reaction.

Seems Odom is VERY popular among Knicks fans ... could be because he IS a New York guy.

I am also normally a big Odom fan but ... if we could package him and ??? for Frye and Marbury ... I might just do it. For all the bad rap on Marbury, right now I feel for the guy. He is desperately trying to do whatever he THINKS Larry Brown wants him to do ... even totally giving up his scoring at times in favor of passing and getting his teammates involved. The problem is that Larry Brown seems to have lost his mind since joining the Knicks and never EVER talks to his players except through the media and even then he is not usually real clear on what he wants.

Marbury is about to turn 29 and I honestly believe he is actually trying to be the team player everyone has said he isn't. I would not mind seeing him in the P&G. Of course, his salary is NUTS and would lock us in through 2008 but ... if we also get Frye who has shown the ability to play both 4 and 5 ... and Bynum keeps developing ... I could think of a lot worse teams than this one say in about 2 years.

Marbury 31 - PG
Kobe 29 - SG
George or ??? - SF (maybe Mihm is traded for ?)
Frye (24)/Brown/Cook - PF
Bynum (20)/Brown - C
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
No inside info ... just some interesting fan feedback and rumors here in New York.

Ever since the Odom to NY for Frye story hit, Knicks fans are getting louder and louder in demanding that Isiah pull the trigger. A number are even saying include someone else big to entice the Lakers ... even Marbury has been thrown into the mix. ALmost makes you think Isiah and Brown pulled one of their typical leaks to gauge fan reaction.

Seems Odom is VERY popular among Knicks fans ... could be because he IS a New York guy.

I am also normally a big Odom fan but ... if we could package him and ??? for Frye and Marbury ... I might just do it. For all the bad rap on Marbury, right now I feel for the guy. He is desperately trying to do whatever he THINKS Larry Brown wants him to do ... even totally giving up his scoring at times in favor of passing and getting his teammates involved. The problem is that Larry Brown seems to have lost his mind since joining the Knicks and never EVER talks to his players except through the media and even then he is not usually real clear on what he wants.

Marbury is about to turn 29 and I honestly believe he is actually trying to be the team player everyone has said he isn't. I would not mind seeing him in the P&G. Of course, his salary is NUTS and would lock us in through 2008 but ... if we also get Frye who has shown the ability to play both 4 and 5 ... and Bynum keeps developing ... I could think of a lot worse teams than this one say in about 2 years.

Marbury 31 - PG
Kobe 29 - SG
Bynum (20)/Brown - C

Odom was never offered to NY.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:

Marbury 31 - PG
Kobe 29 - SG
Bynum (20)/Brown - C

Odom was never offered to NY.

I'm not suggesting he was ... I'm suggesting that Isiah and Brown are floating possibilities to see what fans, etc. think ... an important consideration in New York. If they are thinking Odom ... why not try and take advantage of it.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject:

In this rumored trade that has Kmart coming to LA, I have a question for those in the know. Is there a way for the Lakers to get him without giving up either Kwame or Mihm? From what ive read on various boards, the Nuggets are looking for cap relief. So they're willing to take on ending deals and draft picks for Kmart.

I really hope the Lakers will hold on to both Kwame and Mihm. Both of whom are very serviceable and young bigs. Is it true the Lakers have some sort of trade exception? Couldnt they throw that in with say, George and Slava to make the numbers work?
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Knicks fans would love to get Odom and Bynum. There is no doubt. The rumor mill in N.Y. doesn't depend on actual talks.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Any updates?
Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:
Kupchak will probally get a backcourt and frontcourt player.

Hey Lionel...can you answer something for me??? Over at Clublakers we were talking about trades that might come and then like 10 other people say they knew the same deal or something that is in the works...I don't want a name because I am hearing that you won't give it...but I would like some other things...one what side of the NBA (East, West), can this "PLAYER" help us to the playoffs this year???, If this "PLAYER" fails could we easily package him for KG???, and if we get this deal done...when and are their any picks involved like getting and/or giving???

That's it...I need nothing else other than those little simple questions answered...anyways thanks man...for answering the questions....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject:

okay wrote:
This fricken sucks. That thread had me entertained for hours......

dude were is your hot chick avatar

P.S. this is L. Link!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
Hopefully something is said tomorrow it wasn't fair to those people in CL. i mean come on how many times were they toyed?

Were we toyed that badly???

Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Borri@CL wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

If we get 6th seed I hope Utah gets 3rd...then I can go get tickets for the games and go get Kobe's signature and everything....
AV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Front court and backcourt player? Maybe it's a deal with the Hawks
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:

AV wrote:
Front court and backcourt player? Maybe it's a deal with the Hawks

It's Darko and Arroyo.

For Bynum, Smush and Odom.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

I wish one of our insiders will just give us some scoop on the trade
PecheMode
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:

it isnt gooden and snow because that wouldnt guarentee us making the playoffs. it would help. but kmart(if healthy) guarentees us a playoff spot. KMART still isnt a true #2 scorer like say, Rashard Lewis or Shawn Marion, but if Kobe continues the way hes going : 32-33 ppg, Odom gets 13 ppg, and Kmart gets 13-15 ppg, then that is enough IMO in terms of scoring.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject:

I could live with K-Mart.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

I'd hate kmart, his overblown contract, constant injuries and fake tough-guy attitude.
PecheMode
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject:

fugazi, baby
eldrunko714
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject:

ningtong88 wrote:
somebody from CL also had this:
Quote:
twinkle twinkle little star
how i wonder who you are
up above the world so high
like a diamond in the sky
twinkle twinkle little star
hope your ankle can carry lakers far

Grant Hill?
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject:

It can't be Grant Hill if we're counting on him to save our season then this Management has gone wild.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Darko does interest the Lakers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13
Jump to: