Official Kwame hate thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
raidawg87 wrote:
So thats why Kwame isn't given the ball more down low. Phil specifically told him not to shoot.
I think that could be why he blows so many layups, he's afraid to miss a shot because he knows that he'll pulled. So instead of taking his time he rushes it and misses the shot.

wow this sounds like high school. most guys will change their game due to the coaching. if the coach says "if you shoot, you better make it". most guys are sensitive and afraid to be pulled, more so afraid of sucking in general. so they do just that, DONT SHOOT, or when they do, its a Scary man's shot. wow kwame is back in high school. i dont know who to blame, phil or kwame.

Don't blame anyone. Kwame's numbers are nothing but his game is improving - there's nothing to blame on anyone. Only those who expected 18/10 are assigning blame right now - forgetting, of course, that the blame is with them for making ridiculous demands of a 23-year-old project who could one day blossom into a true impact big. For the slow: true impact bigs = rare.
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject:

[quote]

5. Kwame Brown 6-11 PF Brunswick (GA) Glynn Acad. FLORIDA (verbal)
7. David Lee 6-9 PF/SF St. Louis (MO) Chaminade Duke, UNC, Ky., Kans., Mo., Ill., Stan., Fla., Cincy, Syra., Va.
22. Ben Gordon 6-2 WG/PG Mount Vernon (NY) High Set. Hall, Duke, Ky., Conn., UNC Char., Md., Syra., others
23. Jamaal Sampson 6-11 C Santa Ana (CA) Mater Dei UNC, Conn., Ariz., Kans., Va., Syra., UCLA, Ky., others
43. Emeka Okafor 6-9 C Bellaire (TX) High Tex., So. Cal., Vandy, N.D., Ga. Tech, B.C., Mo., TCU, LSU, Va., St. Louis, Hous., Rice, Stan
75. Wayne Simien 6-8 PF Leavenworth (KS) High KANSAS (verbal)
77. Channing Frye 6-11 C Phoenix (AZ) St. Mary's ARIZONA (verbal)
91. Salim Stoudamire 6-1 PG/WG Lake Oswego (OR) High ARIZONA (verbal)
Quote:

Just a few things I found interesting about that list of the top 100 HS Seniors (college recruits)
mitch&kwame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject:

the worst lakers PF ever
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Phil's seen this before

Samaki Walker in 2002-2003

personally, i'd rather have Samaki.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject:

I think we now know why Kwame did so well, in the next game...??

Kwame seems like another Elden Campbell, to me.... Always had some potential, and has shown some hidden potential, but too inconsistent. Remember, Elden did pretty well, with other teams, but never became an "all-star", as I remember.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede may have said it best..." not very many 23y.o. power forwards have ever been much more productive than Kwame is right not."
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject:

I don't hate Kwame, just not overly impressed with him so far.

I said since we picked him up that I'll give him til the end of the year
before casting too much judgement, so I'll hold off...

DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject:

Klassix wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Phil's seen this before

Samaki Walker in 2002-2003

personally, i'd rather have Samaki.

Oh, quit blowing it out of proportion. Remember, Smacky played next to Shaq - everyone looks better next to Shaq. Samaki wasn't half the defender Kwame is.
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject:

LakersSpirit wrote:
Remember, Elden did pretty well, with other teams, but never became an "all-star", as I remember.

Not quite. Elden did well with the Hornets for a few years after being dealt there with Eddie Jones in 1999, but he played his best basketball as a Laker - at center - when Shaq was out for months after a horrible landing in Minnesota. He had a 40 point effort against a still-great Patrick Ewing, and followed it up with a 38 point effort in Washington the next game when Muresan was still there.

Elden was a much more polished scorer than Kwame - even though he too had rock hands, which is encouraging for Kwame. Elden also blocked more shots because he was more lanky, but he never - ever - laid a body on someone like Kwame did a bigger Yao Wednesday. If Kwame could develop even some of Elden's low post game, combined with his defense, he'd be a beast.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:

One of the things I figured out about Kwame about 10 games into the season that startled me was he didn't have a single solitary crutch move. Every player has one...whether they're coming out of high school or college. You gotta have at least ONE move that is money. This is Kwame's 4th, 5 year and he has nothing...not a drop step, not a baby hook, not a 5 ft jumpshot....nothing. How does that happen?? How does he not figure out something that he can do really well over that period of time?

Great point. I also pointed that fact out when they picked him up and people were putting up ludicrous posts about how many points he would average.

Hard to average a lot of points when you have ZERO idea of what you want to do with the ball when you get it. He seems to be most effective facing up on his man and using his quickness to go around them, unfortunately he finishes about as well as the scrub Euro (Vujacic) so he is the master of the "Nice move, bad finish" play.

Also, I have seen porpoises at Sea World control passes better catching them with their noses then he does with two hands. Or are those flippers?
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject:

He sure is stopping Gasol with his post defense...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Gasol is one Phil.

Bynum had three plays against him and forced a kickout, altered a shot (that missed) and gave up a score.

Gasol will have no trouble against a power defender. He has trouble against length and quick feet.

Kwame doesn't have that.

It's on Phil to make the adjustment and put Bynum or double him more often (with Lamar coming in as the help defender)

The rest - Well Kwame's offensive game is just fugly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: