Timofey Mozgov says he misses playing for Cavaliers, “everything was special”
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
999 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Of course he misses being on a Championship contending team... *leshrug*

But your on a new team with a new fan base getting paid big money no matter what your inner feelings are that is something you dont say...

I take honesty over politically correct bs.

I Love LA wrote:
I miss him being on the Cavs too.

Yea because brutal honesty really worked well when shaq and Kobe had their beef
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Cleveland must have reminded him of his fatherland, Russia.

Welp, ohio DID vote for the orange one, and drumpf and putin are buddies so,,,
Maybe he's just saying the right things so he doesn't get hacked,,,
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject:

He might miss it but he chose to leave there and to come here.
lakerlynx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Cleveland must have reminded him of his fatherland, Russia.

Well, it's a motherland, not a fatherland. But I do admit that many cities in Russia resemble Cleveland in their state of decrepitude.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Makes me dislike Mozgov and his $16m 4 year contract even more.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, know the feeling. Sure miss the times when KAJ, Shaq, Pau were playing. Everything was special.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes I miss being a kid, when my parents would take care of everything and my only "responsibility" was to act good and spend their money and take their time. Unfortunately I had to grow up and support myself and then my family and be a man.

Hey Timofey, sorry you miss playing 5th fiddle on a Lebron GM team where you had no responsibility and could just enjoy the fruits of a more talented players' labor.

Believe me, the feeling is mutual....I miss having a center that can win more than 4 jump balls out of 40 to start a game, or a center who can defend or catch passes or can grab a rebound. Maybe we should both satisfy our longings.

Demand a trade to go back to that disaster of a city called Cleveland and I'll stop wishing you were better. That irks me...what a punk...LA Pride!
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Sometimes I miss being a kid, when my parents would take care of everything and my only "responsibility" was to act good and spend their money and take their time. Unfortunately I had to grow up and support myself and then my family and be a man.

Hey Timofey, sorry you miss playing 5th fiddle on a Lebron GM team where you had no responsibility and could just enjoy the fruits of a more talented players' labor.

Believe me, the feeling is mutual....I miss having a center that can win more than 4 jump balls out of 40 to start a game, or a center who can defend or catch passes or can grab a rebound. Maybe we should both satisfy our longings.

Demand a trade to go back to that disaster of a city called Cleveland and I'll stop wishing you were better. That irks me...what a punk...LA Pride!

mozgov was leading the cavs AND lebron for a couple games in the finals. this thread makes him sound like an overpaid kwame brown. you guys complain too much about everyone. what kills me is why people here care about the money. mozgov is 16 per, jordan hill is 4. you guys complained about jordan hill also, who was a totally fine player. ed davis is about 7 per. we paid dwight about 20 per.
4,7, 16, 20
you guys are going to complain no matter what.

were not losing because mozgov is bad or overpaid.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Of course he misses being on a Championship contending team... *leshrug*

But your on a new team with a new fan base getting paid big money no matter what your inner feelings are that is something you dont say...

I don't get worked up if someone shoves a microphone in a player's face and he gives an honest response. I only expect a player to work hard and do the best job he can on the court; I don't expect them to be PR people.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Mozgov for Kyrie, get it done Mitch and Lebron.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

mozgov was leading the cavs AND lebron for a couple games in the finals. this thread makes him sound like an overpaid kwame brown. you guys complain too much about everyone. what kills me is why people here care about the money. mozgov is 16 per, jordan hill is 4. you guys complained about jordan hill also, who was a totally fine player. ed davis is about 7 per. we paid dwight about 20 per.
4,7, 16, 20

Of course the money matters. Team works under a constrained environment (cap/CBA), so any dollar spent on Mozgov is something you can't spend somewhere else. And since he's so blatantly average at best, that leads to so many holes (particularly in defense).
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

4,7, 16, 20

Of course the money matters. Team works under a constrained environment (cap/CBA), so any dollar spent on Mozgov is something you can't spend somewhere else. And since he's so blatantly average at best, that leads to so many holes (particularly in defense).

lol thanks for explaining how money works

im saying you, the fan, has no input, nor do you have any idea how these decisions are made. its not simply "who can get more rebounds or points". but youre thinking about it as if youre spending the money yourself, like youre the one getting jipped, lol.

anyway, whatever. my point was weve had the whole range of salaries and abilities, and weve complained about every single one of them. im not on board with this idea that mozgov is a bad player. I dont see anything but that hes a very very good player actually. i feel if he were our center in 2007, we might not even have lost the series. thats how good i think he is.

at some point, were just going to complain no matter what until we get a ring. and im fine with that btw...squeaky wheel ynow.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Pretty sure he makes himself feel better seeing that extra zero in his monthly paychecks....
Boldarblood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Not a surprise. He's won a ring there, the players liked him. He went with the money, no shame in that.

Its obvious he was liked, check out some of the faces.

Not a big deal to me. I'd rather him be honest than blow smoke up everyone's ass.

Kenny69
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I keep telling people that he was very thankful and grateful, "Cleveland." I think I was part of one of the best teams in the world, and it means a lot to me. A lot of emotions that I received, which gave a lot of thought. I feel that I miss this place ...

But at the same time, I'm happy where I am now. We have a good young team, we work hard, grow together. And I love it! You could say I'm in a sense, still I continue to develop it.

At the beginning of the season someone said that we do no not win the match! And now predict exit in the playoffs. But the team is young, the season is long, we'll see.

Now, it seems to me, the team once again finds his game, drawing back. I think back to it, and win, that is not far off. There is also a big part of coaching. Generally, I like what we're doing with Luke Walton. I can see where we can grow.

sorry, google translate
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Kenny69 wrote:
Quote:
I keep telling people that he was very thankful and grateful, "Cleveland." I think I was part of one of the best teams in the world, and it means a lot to me. A lot of emotions that I received, which gave a lot of thought. I feel that I miss this place ...

But at the same time, I'm happy where I am now. We have a good young team, we work hard, grow together. And I love it! You could say I'm in a sense, still I continue to develop it.

At the beginning of the season someone said that we do no not win the match! And now predict exit in the playoffs. But the team is young, the season is long, we'll see.

Now, it seems to me, the team once again finds his game, drawing back. I think back to it, and win, that is not far off. There is also a big part of coaching. Generally, I like what we're doing with Luke Walton. I can see where we can grow.

sorry, google translate

Thanks for this! Makes a lot of sense but I'm sure media will take out of context to get clicks.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
im not on board with this idea that mozgov is a bad player. I dont see anything but that hes a very very good player actually. i feel if he were our center in 2007, we might not even have lost the series. thats how good i think he is.

Mosgov isn't a bad player, but he isn't a very good one either. He is a big body who provides good rim protection; he finishes well on the move; and he sets strong screens. He isn't mobile, so he can be exploited on defense, and he doesn't rebound well.

He's the kind of guy who can make a solid contribution on the right team with the right scheme, but he can easily find himself on the bench when the matchups or style of play go outside his comfort zone.

I'd call him an average NBA center.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

I Love LA wrote:
I miss him being on the Cavs too.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Kenny69 wrote:
Quote:

sorry, google translate

Context.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Timofey Mozgov says he misses playing for Cavaliers, “everything was special”

999 wrote:
go back to Cleveland than

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/581ad901-2cd8-34e9-b50b-5954d13f8188/timofey-mozgov-says-he-misses.html

Any chance you want to use the whole quote?
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
im saying you, the fan, has no input, nor do you have any idea how these decisions are made. its not simply "who can get more rebounds or points". but youre thinking about it as if youre spending the money yourself, like youre the one getting jipped, lol.

Isn't that what a discussion forum is for though, to discuss things? Why debate someone's hair affecting shooting mechanics -- we're neither their barber or coach to be able to do something about it. We talk about these things because its fun since we are fans of the team and doing so adds to our 'fandom'.

SuperboyReformed wrote:
anyway, whatever. my point was weve had the whole range of salaries and abilities, and weve complained about every single one of them. im not on board with this idea that mozgov is a bad player.

I never said he was bad, I actually think he's fairly average at best. What kills is what he is making despite being average. What other people have said previously about other contracts has no bearing on how I feel about this specific contract.

SuperboyReformed wrote:
I dont see anything but that hes a very very good player actually. i feel if he were our center in 2007, we might not even have lost the series. thats how good i think he is.

LOL.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

As others have said, it's all about winning. If Mozgov had suffered through his team failing to make the postseason the past two years in Cleveland, and then signed with a Lakers team that was on track to compete for a ring this season, I think his perspective would be entirely different ...

Don't forget, he left a championship team with a reputation for being a group of guys who have a lot of fun together - who have fun playing the game. As a matter of fact, you could see the genuine emotions between and within that group in the video of Mozgov receiving his ring.

And we're on the upswing, but not there yet ... so ... his response makes total sense to me.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Great. Please resign and cancel your contract. It would be amazing.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Timofey Mozgov says he misses playing for Cavaliers, “everything was special”

999 wrote:
go back to Cleveland than

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/581ad901-2cd8-34e9-b50b-5954d13f8188/timofey-mozgov-says-he-misses.html

mountain out of a molehill yet again. It's a non-story.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject:

He probably wants more minutes, or to play more during crunch time but the Lakers are much better when they platoon him with Black.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: