Stephen A Smith is coming to ESPN 710
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Stephen A Smith is coming to ESPN 710

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2017/01/stephen-smith-show-returns-espn-radios-new-york-los-angeles-stations-starting-january-17/

Quote:
On Tuesday, Jan. 17, The Stephen A. Smith Show will return to ESPN’s owned and operated radio stations in Los Angeles – ESPN LA710 – and New York – 98.7FM. The same day, the two-hour program will debut on ESPN’s SiriusXM Channel 80.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Stephen A. Smith wrote:
THAT'S RIGHT, I'M NOW ON ESPN RADIO TO SHARE MY WISDOM WITH THE GREAT PEOPLE OF LOS ANGELES AND NEW YORK. WHOEVER OPPOSES THIS MOVE, WHOEVER THINKS I'M OVEREXPOSED, WHOEVER THINKS I'M TOO LOUD, WHOEVER THINKS THAT I CREATE CONTROVERSY FOR THE SAKE OF CONTROVERSY, WHOEVER THINKS I DON'T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING I SAY, I TELL YOU THIS: THE BLATANT HYPOCRISY, THE UNMITIGATED GALL, THE STUPIDITY, THE PROPENSOVITY, THE DEMAGOFICATION OF YOUR POSITION MAKES ME PHYSICALLY SICK. YES, I JUST INVENTED A COUPLE WORDS IN ORDER TO ILLUSTRATE MY INFINITELY IMMEASURABLE ANGER AT ALL THOSE WHO DOUBT ME. I JUST WISH I WAS ALLOWED TO WRITE IN AN EVEN BIGGER FONT.

K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Thompson and Trudell will probably be moving to evenings 6-8pm as a result.

It was good to be able to turn to local programming vs Cowherd in the mornings, but now with Screamin' A blaring away, will need to tune out for a while until this changes.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Awww hell naw.

!...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Stephen A. Smith wrote:
THAT'S RIGHT, I'M NOW ON ESPN RADIO TO SHARE MY WISDOM WITH THE GREAT PEOPLE OF LOS ANGELES AND NEW YORK. WHOEVER OPPOSES THIS MOVE, WHOEVER THINKS I'M OVEREXPOSED, WHOEVER THINKS I'M TOO LOUD, WHOEVER THINKS THAT I CREATE CONTROVERSY FOR THE SAKE OF CONTROVERSY, WHOEVER THINKS I DON'T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING I SAY, I TELL YOU THIS: THE BLATANT HYPOCRISY, THE UNMITIGATED GALL, THE STUPIDITY, THE PROPENSOVITY, THE DEMAGOFICATION OF YOUR POSITION MAKES ME PHYSICALLY SICK. YES, I JUST INVENTED A COUPLE WORDS IN ORDER TO ILLUSTRATE MY INFINITELY IMMEASURABLE ANGER AT ALL THOSE WHO DOUBT ME. I JUST WISH I WAS ALLOWED TO WRITE IN AN EVEN BIGGER FONT.

Howevuh
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Stephen A. Smith wrote:

Howevuh

You guys are big time a-holes. I love you both so much.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! He's so freaking annoying! When he got cancelled last time, I was so happy!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

Oh wait... 10-noon? Haha, nevermind then. I'm at work so it doesn't matter. Thank God I don't have to listen to his ridiculous screaming. He's the type of dude thats riled up at breakfast, screaming at coffee, and complaining about the bagels having not enough cream cheese.

The type of guy you see in the lounge while you're walking in with your coffee mug and you walk right out, hoping he didnt see you so you don't have to have a conversation with him. A conversation that includes him screaming about some nonsense, and you looking uncomfortable while nodding along, hoping for him to finish his sentence so you can slowly inch backwards and walk out.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Stephen A. Smith wrote:

Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Stephen A. Smith wrote:

Nice!
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

Damn. I like Trudell at that slot.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Stephen A. Smith wrote:

Howevuh

Can't be mad at that one, two combo.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Me too.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Me too. I live on the East Coast and they are on from 12-3. I listen to them while I work everyday.

They will be on from 6-8, which is 9-11 for me, which sucks. Maybe I'll have to download their podcast.

I won't be listening to Stephen A. Guess I will listen to Cowherd.
ldkr6172
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Me too.

me three. Why is ESPN always ruining my morning commutes? First, they stick us with Monkey Brains Willard after I started warming up to Max and Marcellus. They finally get Trudell on which I have been wanting for a while and replace him with SAS.

M
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Yet another reason I won't be listening to the radio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Disappointed that Thompson and Trudell will be moving. Since they are so well connected to, and invested in the Lakers, you could be sure to get a show that mostly talked about the Lakers (which is what most of us want), as well as a fair and, at times, a slightly homerish perspective on them.

SAS, like Max Kellerman, seem like outsiders to our city/the Lakers/etc. Max tried to outwardly and obviously fake it, usually using sarcasm. SAS just kinda did his own thing and didn't try to fake being a homer.

I just hope he doesn't waste time railing on Jim Buss, and actually talks about the real issues.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

The real question is why ESPN keeps thinking SAS is entertaining and about sports?

Bye.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Stephen A. Smith wrote:

Howevuh

Nailed it . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject:

He's horrible.
Blargg
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

710 was dead to me when they dumped LeBatard. That's the smartest, funniest show in sports radio and they got rid of it for freakin' Keyshawn Johnson and some scrubs? Losing Kellerman was bad enough since he carried Marcellus, but getting rid of LeBatard was the nail in the coffin.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

I look forward to SAS coming to 710. I wonder if he'll have the same leeway talking about race as he does on ESPN TV.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

So where was SAS between his departure and return to ESPN-LA?

Did he wear out his welcome at his last location?

Or does ESPN just rotate these guys on a random basis to try and keep things from getting stale?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
So where was SAS between his departure and return to ESPN-LA?

Did he wear out his welcome at his last location?

Or does ESPN just rotate these guys on a random basis to try and keep things from getting stale?

Could be. Looks like ESPN is doing a overhaul. They moved Michael Smith and Jemele Hill, His & Hers, SAS, Max Kellerman, First Take, broke up Mike and Mike after, I believe, 17 years together, changed their 710am LA lineup, among other things.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

You guys still listen to sports talk radio? Switch to podcasts and you'll find your sports talk nirvana ... without commercials.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: