My Meeting With Kobe At Nike-Town.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaust.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: My Meeting With Kobe At Nike-Town.

wooh! im back. its about mid-night, and the total time i stayed there was probably 30 minutes to an hour. i didnt actually meet kobe, since a riot was about happen outside. kobe stayed there from 10:30-11:30, and i got his autograph. his shoes are F-I-R-E. Surprisingly, i only had to wait five minutes, since the dudes in front of us said that if your buying shoes you can go to the front. another surprising story, kobe requested no-cameras inside, only cell phone cameras. or thats at least what they were saying. they allothere were strict restrictions. and OMFG, i was laughing so hard. CHUCKY ATKINS WAS THERE! LOL. i shook his hand, and asked him why he was here.. and he said him and kobe are close buddies. anyways, fun stuff. 1st time i went to a shoe launch. i expected to wait a long ass time, but instead only waited 5 minutes. bottom line, i got the shoes, shook kobe's and chucky atkins' hands, and got kobes autograph, but didnt get a chance to take a picture or actually ask him any questions. fun stuff.
junebug
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: My Meeting With Kobe At Nike-Town.

jaust. wrote:
wooh! im back. its about mid-night, and the total time i stayed there was probably 30 minutes to an hour. i didnt actually meet kobe, since a riot was about happen outside. kobe stayed there from 10:30-11:30, and i got his autograph. his shoes are F-I-R-E. Surprisingly, i only had to wait five minutes, since the dudes in front of us said that if your buying shoes you can go to the front. another surprising story, kobe requested no-cameras inside, only cell phone cameras. or thats at least what they were saying. they allothere were strict restrictions. and OMFG, i was laughing so hard. CHUCKY ATKINS WAS THERE! LOL. i shook his hand, and asked him why he was here.. and he said him and kobe are close buddies. anyways, fun stuff. 1st time i went to a shoe launch. i expected to wait a long ass time, but instead only waited 5 minutes. bottom line, i got the shoes, shook kobe's and chucky atkins' hands, and got kobes autograph, but didnt get a chance to take a picture or actually ask him any questions. fun stuff.

KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject:

chucky was there? Didnt he have a game ?
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject:

Awesome. Sounds like it went faster than i thought it would've. Maybe I should've gone to get my 81 ticket signed. Oh well, there'll be other opportunities.

Chucky signed with the Grizzlies. They played the Clippers tonight and play us tomorrow. That's probably why he was able to be there. Kinda strange though, you'd think he wouldn't be there (but not sure what time the game ended) after a game.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject:

I just realized that we can tie them tomorrow, if we win.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject:

Chucky must have gotten there early to avoid waiting in line.
Theoretic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:

Yeah, he must have been first in line... But the real surprise is, how did he manage to stay in front of his man?
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject:

Theoretic wrote:
uberzev wrote:

Yeah, he must have been first in line... But the real surprise is, how did he manage to stay in front of his man?

karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject:

OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject:

Chucky's probably hoping his buddy is still the "Real" GM. Chucky wants to come back to hollywood.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject:

Damn I would've gone if I knew it was such a short wait. I don't really care for the shoes but would've bought them anyway. Oh well, there will be more opportunities.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject:

of course chucky was there, everybody knows that batman needs a butler to keep his house clean and do the laundry.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: My Meeting With Kobe At Nike-Town.

jaust. wrote:

But... but Jay Mariotti said everyone who plays with Kobe hates him :roll:

Soda ----> <---- Mariotti
KB8LJ23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject:

Awww...that sucks that you got to see him up close and personal. At fox hills there was practically no security or anything like that. It was a practical riot out there. Should have went with my instincts and went to niketown instead. Oh well. Hopefully, I'll have another chance to see him.
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject:

I was there but it wasn't the first time I would of seen Kobe. I've been to many Lakers games from being like 5 rows away from the court to 5 sections away from the court. Seeing Kobe and meeting him is really nothing new. he was at the addidas store back in the day too. It was crazy also just like the Niketown last night also. Supposedly the Niketown in Beverly Hills has to visible entrances'. Front where the line was and the back where all the bentleys and ferarris are parked. With some classy hotle right behind it. Supposedly kobe came in the the secret entrance way . There is supposedly some underground tunnel as what some Kcal reporter said. it must be the Bat tunnel . Or maybe I should say the Kobe Tunnel.
KB8LJ23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject:

Well, it was special for me nonetheless. I live in San Diego. So, it was my first time seeing him
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:

LMAO
Lakerchick2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject:

[quote="uberzev"]Chucky must have gotten there early to avoid waiting in line

Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:

I hope Kobe made him buy a pair before jumping to the front.
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
I just realized that we can tie them tomorrow, if we win.

Huge implications!!!!!!!!!!

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject:

Nike must be pleased with the direction of Kobe's product sales. He is in the process of restoration to a Championship level.
The Kobe Era 2K5
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject:

LOL about that Chucky was there...
How many people totally was there?
jaust.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject:

well supposably more then 500 +. the store would only allow 500 in,and yeah. i was in, and there was around 450 inside, at least thats what i heard, and there was still a about 100 people waiting outside. i was surprised they let me go to the front, i mean people started getting real pissed just cause they wanted to see kobe, but they couldnt get inside cause they didnt want the shoes. but anyways, it was also funny since chucky was wearing this peach colared shirt, and when he passed by to leave, he had no-body guards or anything, i guess he couldnt afford one. he's pretty short too. im almost as tall as him (im 5'9). but yeah, fun, nonetheless.
jaust.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject:

KB8LJ23 wrote:
Awww...that sucks that you got to see him up close and personal. At fox hills there was practically no security or anything like that. It was a practical riot out there. Should have went with my instincts and went to niketown instead. Oh well. Hopefully, I'll have another chance to see him.

ey kb8lj23. how was your night in meeting kobe? you get his autograph, or picture, or anything? sucks that there was no security. i was tempted to go to fox hills, but then again, it seemed that niketown woulda been better.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject:

That sounds awesome! Were there any haters talking smack. I heard on AM570 that Steve FARTman was going to ask Kobe the "tough" questions. I hope he wasn't allowed in the store.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: