Nintendo Switch (Super Mario Odyssey released)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Posts: 12699

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
I can't remember the last time a commercial made me want to buy something, but that Nintendo Superbowl extended was awesome! Definitely makes me want to grab one.

I wonder if they can take advantage of what Sony/Microsoft has created by fracturing this generation with their Pro/Scorpio consoles. I haven't bought a PS4 because I don't want to buy a Pro without an HDR TV for example.

Switch seems like an easy buy, it has some first party games, affordable and is simply 1080p.


The pro won't look bad if you don't have an HDR TV it just won't be up to it's potential. It'll look better then the switch for sure lol.

I have to wait to see what actual games come out for this. The last two Nintendo consoles have been disastrous from a longevity standpoint


The Wii did seem to last a long time from what I remember. The motion stuff was a put off for a lot of games but it does have an underrated library I thought. It did actually out sell the PS3/360 console wise.

The Wii U was the complete disaster. It feels like the last worthwhile title to come out for it was Super Mario Maker and that was September 2015 3 years after the Wii U was released.

Definitely smart to wait. I am planning on getting it at launch but yea seems like the smart money is getting it holiday 2017 or later.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 11756

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
22 wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
I can't remember the last time a commercial made me want to buy something, but that Nintendo Superbowl extended was awesome! Definitely makes me want to grab one.

I wonder if they can take advantage of what Sony/Microsoft has created by fracturing this generation with their Pro/Scorpio consoles. I haven't bought a PS4 because I don't want to buy a Pro without an HDR TV for example.

Switch seems like an easy buy, it has some first party games, affordable and is simply 1080p.


The pro won't look bad if you don't have an HDR TV it just won't be up to it's potential. It'll look better then the switch for sure lol.

I have to wait to see what actual games come out for this. The last two Nintendo consoles have been disastrous from a longevity standpoint


The Wii did seem to last a long time from what I remember. The motion stuff was a put off for a lot of games but it does have an underrated library I thought. It did actually out sell the PS3/360 console wise.

The Wii U was the complete disaster. It feels like the last worthwhile title to come out for it was Super Mario Maker and that was September 2015 3 years after the Wii U was released.

Definitely smart to wait. I am planning on getting it at launch but yea seems like the smart money is getting it holiday 2017 or later.
Pokken was a ton of fun imo
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15305

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
22 wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
I can't remember the last time a commercial made me want to buy something, but that Nintendo Superbowl extended was awesome! Definitely makes me want to grab one.

I wonder if they can take advantage of what Sony/Microsoft has created by fracturing this generation with their Pro/Scorpio consoles. I haven't bought a PS4 because I don't want to buy a Pro without an HDR TV for example.

Switch seems like an easy buy, it has some first party games, affordable and is simply 1080p.


The pro won't look bad if you don't have an HDR TV it just won't be up to it's potential. It'll look better then the switch for sure lol.

I have to wait to see what actual games come out for this. The last two Nintendo consoles have been disastrous from a longevity standpoint


Yea I know, fracture was an oversimplification on my part. But I'd definite have just bought the PS4 already if the Pro didn't exist.

I'm most likely going to wait for a few more games to release that I want, like the new Spiderman, so the system doesn't collect dust when I'm done with Uncharted.

Ya Nintendo graphics are hmmm . I wish we'd get a state of the art graphical Zelda game, but it's unlikely we will see that from Nintendo again, since they don't follow the Sony/Microsoft model.


excellent points.

tox wrote:
eureca wrote:
22 wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
I can't remember the last time a commercial made me want to buy something, but that Nintendo Superbowl extended was awesome! Definitely makes me want to grab one.

I wonder if they can take advantage of what Sony/Microsoft has created by fracturing this generation with their Pro/Scorpio consoles. I haven't bought a PS4 because I don't want to buy a Pro without an HDR TV for example.

Switch seems like an easy buy, it has some first party games, affordable and is simply 1080p.


The pro won't look bad if you don't have an HDR TV it just won't be up to it's potential. It'll look better then the switch for sure lol.

I have to wait to see what actual games come out for this. The last two Nintendo consoles have been disastrous from a longevity standpoint


The Wii did seem to last a long time from what I remember. The motion stuff was a put off for a lot of games but it does have an underrated library I thought. It did actually out sell the PS3/360 console wise.

The Wii U was the complete disaster. It feels like the last worthwhile title to come out for it was Super Mario Maker and that was September 2015 3 years after the Wii U was released.

Definitely smart to wait. I am planning on getting it at launch but yea seems like the smart money is getting it holiday 2017 or later.
Pokken was a ton of fun imo


I agree with this too. I think I'm just gonna get PSVR while I wait for Switch stuff I want to come out
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Posts: 12699

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject:

So I got Zelda BOTW for Switch today which is not very useful. My best buy Switch shipment was delayed till Monday . Even though the UPS package has been 20 minutes away from my house for a while. They won't even let me pick it up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 41637

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
So I got Zelda BOTW for Switch today which is not very useful. My best buy Switch shipment was delayed till Monday . Even though the UPS package has been 20 minutes away from my house for a while. They won't even let me pick it up.


I feel your pain. My Switch arrives Monday. Zelda on Tuesday.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Posts: 12699

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
eureca wrote:
So I got Zelda BOTW for Switch today which is not very useful. My best buy Switch shipment was delayed till Monday . Even though the UPS package has been 20 minutes away from my house for a while. They won't even let me pick it up.


I feel your pain. My Switch arrives Monday. Zelda on Tuesday.


Sorry to hear that. Was really hyped expecting to play Zelda today. Best Buy at least gave me a $15 refund which I guess will pay for most of snipperclips.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 8421

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

Breath of the Wild is incredible. Haven't seen reviews or anything, kept myself as out of the loop as I could about it.
_________________
#exkuzme
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 41637

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

1 week with the Switch and it is truly remarkable. Taking the entire experience with you is amazing and switching between TV and handheld is so cool and seamless. Also Breath of the Wild is as good as advertised.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 8421

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
1 week with the Switch and it is truly remarkable. Taking the entire experience with you is amazing and switching between TV and handheld is so cool and seamless. Also Breath of the Wild is as good as advertised.


Wind Waker was my favorite of all the 3D Zelda games... But BOTW is on another level. I'm amazed while playing it. Really allows the players to choose how they want to play the game, no particular emphasis on following the plot right away to beat the game. Exploration is just as important. Definitely all about the journey
_________________
#exkuzme
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 5472

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

$300 to play one game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 41637

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
1 week with the Switch and it is truly remarkable. Taking the entire experience with you is amazing and switching between TV and handheld is so cool and seamless. Also Breath of the Wild is as good as advertised.


Wind Waker was my favorite of all the 3D Zelda games... But BOTW is on another level. I'm amazed while playing it. Really allows the players to choose how they want to play the game, no particular emphasis on following the plot right away to beat the game. Exploration is just as important. Definitely all about the journey


The sheer size of the world is awesome.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 41637

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
$300 to play one game.


I currently have 4 games, with 2 more pre-ordered and I barely have the time to play those.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 11756

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

My friend got Zelda on the Wii U (sadly the Switch is sold out).

Oh my God, BotW is so incredible. I never played a Zelda game, barring during international flights (lol). I'm only just finishing up OoT right now, and obviously a game like that doesn't have the same sense of wonder at age 23 as at age 5-10 when many of my peers played it. (I am enjoying it though.)

But man BotW totally evokes that feeling in me. It's not the first open world game I've played, but there's something so breathtaking about BotW.

Debating whether to play the other Zelda games first or just to buy it and the Switch in a few months when I have time....
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 41637

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
My friend got Zelda on the Wii U (sadly the Switch is sold out).

Oh my God, BotW is so incredible. I never played a Zelda game, barring during international flights (lol). I'm only just finishing up OoT right now, and obviously a game like that doesn't have the same sense of wonder at age 23 as at age 5-10 when many of my peers played it. (I am enjoying it though.)

But man BotW totally evokes that feeling in me. It's not the first open world game I've played, but there's something so breathtaking about BotW.

Debating whether to play the other Zelda games first or just to buy it and the Switch in a few months when I have time....


OoT was a game changer. I thought the Wii Zelda games were great too. But so far BotW is bound to end up my favorite.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 11756

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
tox wrote:
My friend got Zelda on the Wii U (sadly the Switch is sold out).

Oh my God, BotW is so incredible. I never played a Zelda game, barring during international flights (lol). I'm only just finishing up OoT right now, and obviously a game like that doesn't have the same sense of wonder at age 23 as at age 5-10 when many of my peers played it. (I am enjoying it though.)

But man BotW totally evokes that feeling in me. It's not the first open world game I've played, but there's something so breathtaking about BotW.

Debating whether to play the other Zelda games first or just to buy it and the Switch in a few months when I have time....


OoT was a game changer. I thought the Wii Zelda games were great too. But so far BotW is bound to end up my favorite.


I believe it. But I was a PS1 child, and the game that filled me with wonder was FF9 (not 7, incidentally). OoT is still fun now, but definitely not a game changer in 2017. A bit like playing Goldeneye now, I suppose.

I also want to play the Wii Zelda games before BotW. And Majora's Mask. And Wind Waker. But not sure I can wait that long to play BotW
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 1773

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
ocho wrote:
tox wrote:
My friend got Zelda on the Wii U (sadly the Switch is sold out).

Oh my God, BotW is so incredible. I never played a Zelda game, barring during international flights (lol). I'm only just finishing up OoT right now, and obviously a game like that doesn't have the same sense of wonder at age 23 as at age 5-10 when many of my peers played it. (I am enjoying it though.)

But man BotW totally evokes that feeling in me. It's not the first open world game I've played, but there's something so breathtaking about BotW.

Debating whether to play the other Zelda games first or just to buy it and the Switch in a few months when I have time....


OoT was a game changer. I thought the Wii Zelda games were great too. But so far BotW is bound to end up my favorite.


I believe it. But I was a PS1 child, and the game that filled me with wonder was FF9 (not 7, incidentally). OoT is still fun now, but definitely not a game changer in 2017. A bit like playing Goldeneye now, I suppose.

I also want to play the Wii Zelda games before BotW. And Majora's Mask. And Wind Waker. But not sure I can wait that long to play BotW


I liked FF8 the most between 7-9. But Wind Waker was by far my favorite Zelda game.

I like the switch and want one but I'm not sure I should throw $350 for video games right now.
_________________
Starting Lineup:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Posts: 12699

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject:

I love Zelda BOTW so much that it is the first game that I am considering buying Amiibo's for . Well I already bought the Guardian amiibo from Amazon but it is back ordered. Not sure if I will get much use of it in game by the time it arrives. It does look cool though.

I love the game so far. I have been mainly unlocking the map and finding shrines. Just got the last tower today. I definitely think I did the right thing putting my early orbs into my stamina. I got a 2nd full circle of stamina and it definitely allows me to traverse the world much easier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dna.
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Posts: 4474
Location: Phoenix, AZ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

I am loving my Switch and BotW as much as if not more than everyone else so far. Luckily have had no issues whatsoever (joy con syncing, screen scratching, etc) but will be much more at ease once my screen protector arrives this week. Really been missing the fun and quality of Nintendo games for a while so this system and game could not have come at a better time for me. And it really is living up to all expectations at this point.

eureca wrote:
I love Zelda BOTW so much that it is the first game that I am considering buying Amiibo's for . Well I already bought the Guardian amiibo from Amazon but it is back ordered. Not sure if I will get much use of it in game by the time it arrives. It does look cool though.


I am almost on board to try my first amiibo. If your guardian one doesn't get much use in game at least there's always this
You Can Totally Use a Guardian amiibo as a Charging Stand for the Switch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 1240

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject:

How would you compare Breath of the Wild to a game like Elder Scroll Skyrim?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Grind
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 7053
Location: PTY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject:

Damn this thing looks dope.That Mario Kart title looks cool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 23386

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

How child proof is this thing? Is it durable for road trips?

I have a second Xbox which I'm waiting for a special trade in offer. Looking to buy the switch for my 6 and 10 year old.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 41637

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
How child proof is this thing? Is it durable for road trips?

I have a second Xbox which I'm waiting for a special trade in offer. Looking to buy the switch for my 6 and 10 year old.


It's pretty sturdy and has a nice build quality but it is a tablet. If you drop it you could have a cracked screen.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 23386

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
How child proof is this thing? Is it durable for road trips?

I have a second Xbox which I'm waiting for a special trade in offer. Looking to buy the switch for my 6 and 10 year old.


It's pretty sturdy and has a nice build quality but it is a tablet. If you drop it you could have a cracked screen.


Thanks.
Experience in direct sun light? What's that like?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Posts: 12699

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
How child proof is this thing? Is it durable for road trips?

I have a second Xbox which I'm waiting for a special trade in offer. Looking to buy the switch for my 6 and 10 year old.


My nephew got one and I just assumed he will eventually break it as they have broken tablets before. One thing that has worked well for me with tablets is the tempered glass. I put tempered glass on my nephews tablet and when they have broken the screen the tempered glass just came off and the actual screen was fine. It can also protect from scratches. The tablet I used it on also has a protective case on it as well though. I don't know if the switch has any good cases while in use. They have plenty of carrying cases.

I have heard of the joycons breaking from drops while attached to the Switch. I guess if it hits the floor with too much force the thing that snaps it into place on the Switch breaks and it will always be loose.

There is also a lot of reports of the tablet being scratched while putting it into the Switch dock. So tempered glass might help with that as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 46601
Location: Coming soon and striking at your borders.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Ugh, I hate to get a system just for one game. Maybe I can get a Wiiu for really cheap.
_________________
LAVAR 3:16...

Hypebeasts we know aboutchea'
Don't rep the Lakers unless they popular...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB