Better Call Saul - Season 3 - Returns April 10th! (Hidden "Spoiler" Inside)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 44517
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
The big guy here:



Thanks LC. I played it back and stopped at the removal of the hoods. It was the big guy that Mike punked.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 458

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject:

great episode ugh wanted more at the end, didn't think a montage of kim buying stationary supplies could intrigue me so much lol i wonder if that german demolition guy is getting a ticket to "Belize", Huell is hilarious steals the show with just his facial expressions

Last edited by ani007 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 41225
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
didn't think a montage of kim buying stationary supplies could intrigue me so much lol


Yeah, the intriguing montage of characters doing mundane stuff has become the trademark of the amazing Editors of the BB/BCS world.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15155
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ani007 wrote:
didn't think a montage of kim buying stationary supplies could intrigue me so much lol


Yeah, the intriguing montage of characters doing mundane stuff has become the trademark of the amazing Editors of the BB/BCS world.


That montage at the beginning with Jimmy and Kim brushing their teeth set the tone for the entire episode. My favorite montage of the series was the one with Jimmy, the flashy suits, and the inflatable wavy arm dancer.

The story of Hector and Gus has been intriguing. We knew from BB why Gus hated Hector so much but now we understand why this went both ways. That was absolutely cold blooded revenge to leave him trapped in his own body and why I loved Gus Fring as a character.

We haven't seen Nacho in a few episodes. I'm curious what his fate will be.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 458

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ani007 wrote:
didn't think a montage of kim buying stationary supplies could intrigue me so much lol


Yeah, the intriguing montage of characters doing mundane stuff has become the trademark of the amazing Editors of the BB/BCS world.


That montage at the beginning with Jimmy and Kim brushing their teeth set the tone for the entire episode. My favorite montage of the series was the one with Jimmy, the flashy suits, and the inflatable wavy arm dancer.

The story of Hector and Gus has been intriguing. We knew from BB why Gus hated Hector so much but now we understand why this went both ways. That was absolutely cold blooded revenge to leave him trapped in his own body and why I loved Gus Fring as a character.

We haven't seen Nacho in a few episodes. I'm curious what his fate will be.


there was a nice sneak peak of nachos story for next episode on youtube, yeah that was notable that hector could have been rehabilitated to speak or walk. at the end of the scene with the doctor i was thinking how horrifying his condition would be..like you said trapped in his own body. pretty good revenge lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 3774
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

kim going full soros on the unjust sentencing angle
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 44517
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

The scene where Hector flicked the water on the floor and eyed the nurse when she bent over to clean it up caught my attention. It also caught Gus's. The smile on his face was knowing. As in Hector has the desire but not the ability. That pleased Gus.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 8254
Location: LA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

Jimmy sitting on the bench with Huell was the most he looked like Saul so far. I think he's 99% Saul at this point.
_________________
LAKERS-DODGERS-BUCCANEERS-KINGS-GALAXY-TROJANS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 3774
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

alright, well that was one of the greatest episodes of TV I've ever seen. Odenkirk on the phone as the cajun preacher was 5 solid minutes of wheezing laughter.

http://www.freewill-baptistchurch.com/
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 44517
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

The montage of Kim collecting different pens, paper and envelopes was made clear. It was a plan to keep Huell out of jail. Jimmy say's he's sorry for putting her on the spot and it won't happen again. Kim said lets' do it again. Is she about to become Kim Shady? The shot of the obese woman gave the impression of reality, real people.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Dec 2009
Posts: 4124
Location: Meeting the man who met Andy Griffith.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
alright, well that was one of the greatest episodes of TV I've ever seen. Odenkirk on the phone as the cajun preacher was 5 solid minutes of wheezing laughter.

http://www.freewill-baptistchurch.com/


One of the funnest episodes of all time.

I have a feeling that Mike is going to not take any “half measures” with the lovable old German and will make an example out of him. It’s going to be brutal.

Looks like Nacho’s plan to bounce with his pops and a bunch of skimmed off Salamanca cash might be (bleep) now that Mr. “I’m good with numbers” Lalo is in town. (Btw, that song playing while Lalo was cooking was so cool.)

I still can’t put my finger on what makes Kim so damn sexy but she is gloooooorious.
_________________
"The best there is. The best there was. The best there ever will be.", said Bret Hart regarding the Los Angeles Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15155
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
alright, well that was one of the greatest episodes of TV I've ever seen. Odenkirk on the phone as the cajun preacher was 5 solid minutes of wheezing laughter.

http://www.freewill-baptistchurch.com/


One of the funnest episodes of all time.

I have a feeling that Mike is going to not take any “half measures” with the lovable old German and will make an example out of him. It’s going to be brutal.

Looks like Nacho’s plan to bounce with his pops and a bunch of skimmed off Salamanca cash might be (bleep) now that Mr. “I’m good with numbers” Lalo is in town. (Btw, that song playing while Lalo was cooking was so cool.)

I still can’t put my finger on what makes Kim so damn sexy but she is gloooooorious.


I was thinking none of them are going to make it home after the job's completed. I already expected that one troublemaker wasn't going to make it after he mouthed off to Mike but the engineer's mistake may mean all of them have to go now.

That's so cool they made an actual website for that.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26065
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

yes, my favorite episode to date....the website had me laughing out loud
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 44517
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

You guys are definitely making watching BCS more interesting and enjoyable. I read your posts and see things I missed. Thank y'all.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff


Joined: 11 Aug 2002
Posts: 10111

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I was thinking none of them are going to make it home after the job's completed. I already expected that one troublemaker wasn't going to make it after he mouthed off to Mike but the engineer's mistake may mean all of them have to go now.


After all the pains Mike was taking to anonymize their location (bag over his head, sealed-up living quarters, truck backed into the building so they couldn't see outside, etc.) the excursion, and even Mike talking about Albuquerque, was noticeable. I think the decision is already made that this will be the last job that any of them ever do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 16680

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The montage of Kim collecting different pens, paper and envelopes was made clear. It was a plan to keep Huell out of jail. Jimmy say's he's sorry for putting her on the spot and it won't happen again. Kim said lets' do it again. Is she about to become Kim Shady? The shot of the obese woman gave the impression of reality, real people.


I think it fits her character that she has found a passion for helping people who have made mistakes and while she used to try to follow the rules and play by the book, she sees the system screwing with these people and treating them unfairly and it has empowered her to fight unfairly for these people against the system. It's only fair in her mind. Within reason of course. Maybe she will go further down the rabbit hole, but you can see how she decided to build up Huell rather than tear down the cop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Palin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 960

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

German worker rockin vintage BVB Dortmund Kit. I am impressed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ted
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3284

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Technically Mike still hasn't "broke bad" yet. He took out the two dirty cops but that was revenge for his son. He has yet to kill anyone on behalf of Gus. I think the Germans will be his first official kills "in the game".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Dec 2009
Posts: 4124
Location: Meeting the man who met Andy Griffith.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Technically Mike still hasn't "broke bad" yet. He took out the two dirty cops but that was revenge for his son. He has yet to kill anyone on behalf of Gus. I think the Germans will be his first official kills "in the game".


I still think just the older German will be the only German Mike kills.
_________________
"The best there is. The best there was. The best there ever will be.", said Bret Hart regarding the Los Angeles Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 458

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
Ted wrote:
Technically Mike still hasn't "broke bad" yet. He took out the two dirty cops but that was revenge for his son. He has yet to kill anyone on behalf of Gus. I think the Germans will be his first official kills "in the game".


I still think just the older German will be the only German Mike kills.


i felt like it might have been foreshadowed when the older german was extolling his father's work and dedication...i got the feeling it's going to suck for him being so ingenious and not having the world know or recognize it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 44517
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
Ted wrote:
Technically Mike still hasn't "broke bad" yet. He took out the two dirty cops but that was revenge for his son. He has yet to kill anyone on behalf of Gus. I think the Germans will be his first official kills "in the game".


I still think just the older German will be the only German Mike kills.


i felt like it might have been foreshadowed when the older german was extolling his father's work and dedication...i got the feeling it's going to suck for him being so ingenious and not having the world know or recognize it


He did come across as one who wanted his work recognized. That may cause his demise.

Does anything scare Mike?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 8254
Location: LA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

For some reason I thought last week (episode 8) was the finale. The ending had a finale feeling to it. I am pleasantly surprised to be reminded BCS runs 10 episodes, not 8.

I agree that Werner isn't going to make it out alive and it's what's going to cause Mike to become colder; either by having to do it or having to see it.
_________________
LAKERS-DODGERS-BUCCANEERS-KINGS-GALAXY-TROJANS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 44517
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Hate the time slot. It conflicts with MNF. I have it on record.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 458

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject:

another year for jimmy?....or do they appeal with the utmost sincerity....i thought jimmy would get his license and somehow kim might lose hers. i'm so anxious for kim's fate....i really hope she's somewhere in the present timeline working or by some miracle reconnects with jimmy

the werner scenes were tense. what exactly is going on with him??? how can he not see the extreme danger in what he's doing..did he get stir crazy? did he think they were gonna kill him? and what in god's name is mike going to do to him...no half measures....

i like the new actor from the salamanca crew...those crazy salamancas

rewatching "the wire" such a good show
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15155
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
another year for jimmy?....or do they appeal with the utmost sincerity....i thought jimmy would get his license and somehow kim might lose hers. i'm so anxious for kim's fate....i really hope she's somewhere in the present timeline working or by some miracle reconnects with jimmy

the werner scenes were tense. what exactly is going on with him??? how can he not see the extreme danger in what he's doing..did he get stir crazy? did he think they were gonna kill him? and what in god's name is mike going to do to him...no half measures....

i like the new actor from the salamanca crew...those crazy salamancas

rewatching "the wire" such a good show


I was surprised as well that Jimmy didn't get reinstated but it made for some good scenes. We saw in the promo that Kim is going to represent him at the appeal so that should be good.

I don't think Werner does realize the danger he's in. I really think he believes Mike is his friend but now he's going to meet Dead Eyed Mike. I thought with the episode title named "Wiedersehen" someone was going to die.

I thought Lalo was a character just dreamed up by the BCS writers but I read in a wiki that Lalo was mentioned by Saul in an episode (S2/E8) of BB. You can never have too many evil Salamancas.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB