Better Call Saul - Season 3 - Returns April 10th! (Hidden "Spoiler" Inside)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Kim's trying to find whether she's better with or without Saul. She has a shady side as in when she went along with a scam. She also has a honest side that wants to abide by law. She's on the fence. I believe Everett Acker (Barry Corbin) will be the make or break. I envision a breakup and reconciliation.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Well they did it. So how does it end now? Seems like being a “friend of the cartel” is what Jimmy is going to choose and will lead to the split. Then he doubles down on the sleaze.
Also, I feel bad for Howard man. He’s trying everything to be a good guy and jimmy is just making him be the villain so he doesn’t have to deal with his own s***. I hope he gets a win on Jimmy before this is all over.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject:

I have a feeling at the very end of the series. It will show present day Jimmy reuniting with Kim.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Did you guys catch that this is Jimmy's THIRD marriage?
Wonder what's up with that?

And now that they are married, it leaves two ways out for Kim:
Death or Divorce
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Do we know that Jimmy was not married on Breaking Bad? I know that Kim was not on the show, but was his relationship status ever mentioned?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:01 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

Death or Divorce

Ahh ah ah. 4 ways.
Death
Divorce
Jail
Vacuum shopping
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:28 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Death or Divorce

Ahh ah ah. 4 ways.
Death
Divorce
Jail
Vacuum shopping

When Jimmy mentions to Kim about being a "friend of the cartel" I thought it foreshadowed her death. But, considering the Jimmy we know from Breaking Bad, I don't think it would be consistent with someone who had a loved one murdered. He would have left town. So I think (hope) Kim just leaves him.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

Did you guys notice how much weight Huell's lost? He's not the jolly ol fat man anymore. LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Did you guys notice how much weight Huell's lost? He's not the jolly ol fat man anymore. LINK

and Victor is heavier. I guess the events from BCS to BB made their characters go in opposite directions. Tyrus started BCS on the heavy side but he's slimmed back down to his BB appearance.

Speaking of Huell, I wonder if his partner Kuby (Bill Burr) will make an appearance this season?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject:

How much longer is this show planned to go on? Mike looks every bit of 90+ years old.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
How much longer is this show planned to go on? Mike looks every bit of 90+ years old.

One more season after this one.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/better-call-saul-ending-season-6-amc-1267357
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Kuby was supposed to make an appearance this season but Burr had a personal matter so they used the other guy for the job (when Mike blew off Jimmy).

I noticed that when Saul gets kidnapped by Jesse and Walt and he’s saying “it was Ignacio. Did lalo send you?” That he also says “I’m a friend of the cartel.” It was cool to see them work that line into this last episode.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Kuby was supposed to make an appearance this season but Burr had a personal matter so they used the other guy for the job (when Mike blew off Jimmy).

I noticed that when Saul gets kidnapped by Jesse and Walt and he’s saying “it was Ignacio. Did lalo send you?” That he also says “I’m a friend of the cartel.” It was cool to see them work that line into this last episode.

Who was that guy? He looked familiar and he's linked to BB somehow but I couldn't place him.

What episode of BB was that Lalo/Ignacio reference? I gotta check it out.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject:

So Saul’s biggest contribution in Breaking Bad is helping launder money...to legally get it into a bank. Saul presumably gets paid a significant share and needs to do the same. Coincidently Kim’s work involves being a lawyer, the lawyer, for a bank. (In fact, she just cemented that by telling them to always listen to her going forward.) It’s been suggested that Mesa Verde is actually the Mesa Credit Union that Walter White used. We now saw a trademark infringement case that could be made against Mesa Verde ... which could force them to change their name down the line.

At some point we are going to see Kim and Jimmy break up, be separated or worse to Kim. We saw the story about her childhood and she refused to get in the car with her drunk mother and walked 3 miles home. She tells Saul to never lie to her again. He tells her about the cartel. All of this is seemingly coming to a head for their eventual break up. And we expect Jimmy to blow it with her.

Still, we see future Saul hiding out at his job at the mall. We are all expecting resolution to this story arc. The cartel coming after him. We’d really like to see Kim come back in play at the very end.

So what if that’s what’s happens. What if whatever breakup, etc. ends up being part of some long con. She’s a lawyer at the bank that was used to launder all the money...and they end up with it all? She was kind of a silent partner for him. She’s the banking lawyer for Walter White’s bank (no idea where Gus Fring banks...but who knows?). In any event, I could see her involved...but doing it her way, being the puppet master, with him as the noisy target/frontman.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
So Saul’s biggest contribution in Breaking Bad is helping launder money...to legally get it into a bank. Saul presumably gets paid a significant share and needs to do the same. Coincidently Kim’s work involves being a lawyer, the lawyer, for a bank. (In fact, she just cemented that by telling them to always listen to her going forward.) It’s been suggested that Mesa Verde is actually the Mesa Credit Union that Walter White used. We now saw a trademark infringement case that could be made against Mesa Verde ... which could force them to change their name down the line.

At some point we are going to see Kim and Jimmy break up, be separated or worse to Kim. We saw the story about her childhood and she refused to get in the car with her drunk mother and walked 3 miles home. She tells Saul to never lie to her again. He tells her about the cartel. All of this is seemingly coming to a head for their eventual break up. And we expect Jimmy to blow it with her.

Still, we see future Saul hiding out at his job at the mall. We are all expecting resolution to this story arc. The cartel coming after him. We’d really like to see Kim come back in play at the very end.

So what if that’s what’s happens. What if whatever breakup, etc. ends up being part of some long con. She’s a lawyer at the bank that was used to launder all the money...and they end up with it all? She was kind of a silent partner for him. She’s the banking lawyer for Walter White’s bank (no idea where Gus Fring banks...but who knows?). In any event, I could see her involved...but doing it her way, being the puppet master, with him as the noisy target/frontman.

Interesting catch and take . . . It'd be great to see a resolution along those lines. After seeing "El Camino", I could definitely see a world where there is some culmination of the BB in BCS . . . and it would be awesome.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Who was that guy? He looked familiar and he's linked to BB somehow but I couldn't place him.

What episode of BB was that Lalo/Ignacio reference? I gotta check it out.

He appeared in season 1 of BCS when that dorky guy with the baseball cards and pharmaceuticals needed muscle for a drug deal. He was the guy that Mike took the gun from and hit in the throat with it lol.

It was in Saul’s first episode, in S2 of BB. Episode was called better call Saul.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject:

I've been meaning to break out the BB Collector Blu-Ray set and watch it from beginning to end again for years. I no longer have any excuses not to.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject:

^ it’s definitely a more interesting watch when you are looking for how Walt is not only manipulating other characters but also the audience. That sneaky bastard had me rooting for him a lot longer than I should have when I first watched it. It’s fun to spot slippin Wally moments.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
^ it’s definitely a more interesting watch when you are looking for how Walt is not only manipulating other characters but also the audience. That sneaky bastard had me rooting for him a lot longer than I should have when I first watched it. It’s fun to spot slippin Wally moments.

Yeah, I've already rewatched it once and pretty much watched every episode twice when it was airing. But now I'm looking forward to watching with an eye to how BCS has laid a groundwork for so many moments from BB.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:42 pm    Post subject:

So far, another great season.

The elephant in the room for a while has been that we all know that Nacho and Kim are not in BB. We all just assumed Nacho would get killed (because of his dealings with the cartel), and that Kim would have a falling out with Saul, and then break up with him...But obviously now, I'm pretty worried about Kim's fate.

Lots of show left!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:26 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
So far, another great season.

The elephant in the room for a while has been that we all know that Nacho and Kim are not in BB. We all just assumed Nacho would get killed (because of his dealings with the cartel), and that Kim would have a falling out with Saul, and then break up with him...But obviously now, I'm pretty worried about Kim's fate.

Lots of show left!

I have been for a longtime. She is clearly intertwined with Jimmy emotionally and that has seen her make decisions and get involved in actions she would never have imagines. Now she is finding herself wrapped up logistically in Saul's world; a which is rapidly declining into a dangerous and unforgiving one.

I fear things are not going to end well for Kim, not just emotionally, but physically as well. She's just into deep to merely see this storyline with Jimmy and Kim just breaking up, or her giving up on him and heading off into the sunset to start a new life. Hope I am wrong and a resolution similar to what DB theorized is in the future, but I'm not sure that Jimmy's overall story-arch will justify such a conclusion.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject:

It doesn't get any better than Jimmy and Mike on the road together.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

Mike is a tough old codger. Was that urine Jimmy drank?

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Yup. Jimmy Juice
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I was hoping he would down it. And then Mike would end up finding a jug of water in that car a few seconds later.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18
Jump to: