Better Call Saul - Season 3 - Returns April 10th! (Hidden "Spoiler" Inside)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
It's genius how the writers are bringing BB characters to BCS.

It's funny seeing the receptionist, Francesca. She's so positive and enthusiastic compared to when we see her as the disgruntled employee of Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad whom he lovingly referred to as "H.T.".

Another jog;
Quote:

Saul: "Take a break, H.T. Let's go."

Francesca: "You're going to stop calling me that or I'm gonna hang you by your tie."

Saul: "Yeah, yeah, stop showing off for the client. Honey (bleep)! I say it's endearing."
—Francesca arguing with Saul.
I think we'll find out how Hector ended up in a wheelchair. I go with stroke.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It's funny seeing the receptionist, Francesca. She's so positive and enthusiastic compared to when we see her as the disgruntled employee of Saul Goodman in Breaking Bad whom he lovingly referred to as "H.T.".

Another jog;
Quote:

Francesca: "You're going to stop calling me that or I'm gonna hang you by your tie."

Saul: "Yeah, yeah, stop showing off for the client. Honey (bleep)! I say it's endearing."

I'm thinking knowing how Gus already has said a bullet would be too easy if a death for him, I think Gus is responsible for it, so that Hector has to live this helpless life for years.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

I'm actually in Albuquerque on my way to the airport about to head home. Just passed an MVD office and my Uber driver is definitely buddies with Skinny Pete. Great guy!😄
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Another jog;
Quote:

I'm thinking knowing how Gus already has said a bullet would be too easy if a death for him, I think Gus is responsible for it, so that Hector has to live this helpless life for years.

Maybe a stroke caused by Gus. He did visit Hector in the hospital. Got his face blown off.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Damn Jimmy with the clutch save.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Jimmy threw Chuck a curve ball and me too. I was looking for the tape to be the foundation of Jimmy's defense, NOT. He got it played to prove Chuck hated him though he said different. He also debunked his illness. I didn't see that coming. I thought Chuck really suffered with EHS.

Yup. When it became clear Jimmy was going to use Huell, I was expecting Chuck or Howard to have the tape on them and Huell would lift it.

The writers set that up beautifully for weeks with Kim trying to suppress the tape as evidence and the scenes earlier between Chuck and Howard discussing possible strategies Jimmy might use to debunk the authenticity of the recording. Then Jimmy throws his curve by admitting outright that it was his voice.

Thanks for the Huell jog. I'd forgotten about him. IIRC he was a bodyguard, pickpocket in BB. Looks like he lost a few pounds.

Damn homeboy, how the heck you forget 'bout Huell?

I loved how they set his introduction up. When Jimmy is saying he needs a pro with a light touch and the guy asks, "You gotta fit him in a tight space?" I just lost it . . . "Oh yeah! Here comes HUELL!"
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Another jog;
Quote:

Yep, there's no doubt the sadistic bastard that is Gus is responsible for what happens to Hector.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject:

omg what a brilliant episode this week
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject:

Was watching The League, and Jimmy is the mall manager in season 4 episode 12 a Krampus Carole. There was also a Cinnabon reference precog style.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject:

Gus has veiled his sadistic nature with Mr cordial understanding. He offered his employees 24 hour compensation and trauma sessions for Hectors threatening them.

He flashed that nature when he told Mike a bullet to the head was to easy for the death of Hector. The look on his face was pure evil.

When does he turn? When does he become the Gus we all know and love?

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

Cool things from this last episode:

Chuck's explanation for the power outage during the dinner flashback scene was interesting - transposed numbers in the address, which is the crux of the whole "scandal" that the hearing is about. Is this where Jimmy got the idea for altering the docs?

The camera work during Chuck's implosion at the end was awesome. A slow push-in to a closeup until it becomes almost distorted it's so close (I'm guessing a combo of pushing the camera in while also adjusting the focal length of the lens?) right at the peak, and then a gradual pull back out after Chuck realizes his outburst and tries to dial it back.

I can't help but think there might be a bit more to the photos that Mike took. They spent a lot of time showing us the lantern on the newspaper. Perhaps there's more to that we have learned so far?

Loved the book ending of the bright red exit sign in the hearing room at start and then at the close of the show. What does the "Exit" symbolize, something to come? Perhaps regarding Chuck? hmmmmmmmmm.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Gus has veiled his sadistic nature with Mr cordial understanding. He offered his employees 24 hour compensation and trauma sessions for Hectors threatening them.

He flashed that nature when he told Mike a bullet to the head was to easy for the death of Hector. The look on his face was pure evil.

I think he's already there, at least the roots. You can see the cunning wheels of his sinisterness turning and the coolness to his calculated deviousness. He's clearly already got plans, now he just has to put them into action.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

Gus was only a nice guy until his best friend was killed at a cartel meeting, remember

That has definitely happened already
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Interesting takes on BCS

sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I saw Aaron Paul on the Universal lot yesterday. I don't usually get excited by celebrity sightings at this point, but that one was definitely cool.

I was apartment-sitting for a friend in Venice a few years ago and while I was out walking her dog, I came across Walt Jr. in the street. He was with 2 young girls (sisters?). I wouldn't have even noticed him but the girls stopped me to pet the dog.

Also, I'm like 75% positive that I was on a flight with Gus Fring in March. I'm only 75% sure because it was a Southwest flight coming back from Seattle. It sure as hell looked like him, though.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

He's absolutely all the way there. Remember, LPH is his front -- his legitimate business where he can "hide in plain sight" as an upstanding member of the community. You can expect him to come across 100% as the caring, compassionate good guy as the LPH owner, because that fits with the "disguise."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Did Chuck's meltdown remind anyone else of Colonel Jessup?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Chuck even mentioned that Jimmy had a 0% shot at bringing him to a Perry Mason meltdown on the stand.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Finally caught up so I can read this thread. I love Season 3 so far. What an awesome show.

Where has Bob Odenkirk been all these years?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

sickside323 wrote:
Also, I'm like 75% positive that I was on a flight with Gus Fring in March. I'm only 75% sure because it was a Southwest flight coming back from Seattle. It sure as hell looked like him, though.

Los Pollos is expanding in the Northwest.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Cool things from this last episode:

Chuck's explanation for the power outage during the dinner flashback scene was interesting - transposed numbers in the address, which is the crux of the whole "scandal" that the hearing is about. Is this where Jimmy got the idea for altering the docs?

The camera work during Chuck's implosion at the end was awesome. A slow push-in to a closeup until it becomes almost distorted it's so close (I'm guessing a combo of pushing the camera in while also adjusting the focal length of the lens?) right at the peak, and then a gradual pull back out after Chuck realizes his outburst and tries to dial it back.

I can't help but think there might be a bit more to the photos that Mike took. They spent a lot of time showing us the lantern on the newspaper. Perhaps there's more to that we have learned so far?

Loved the book ending of the bright red exit sign in the hearing room at start and then at the close of the show. What does the "Exit" symbolize, something to come? Perhaps regarding Chuck? hmmmmmmmmm.

It's amazing how un-likable Chuck is to me... but in all honesty, the guy is right. He might be too much of a boyscout with his whole "the law is the law" stuff, but he nails the character and that meltdown was brilliant.

Things seem to be coming to a head and Chuck melted down in front of the few people who still kind of give a damn about him. He's a prideful guy and I too think he may be on his way out. Top 3 episode so far.
FloppyDiskz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject:

During the recess, Kim says to Jimmy "You know she's going to hate you for this." to which Jimmy replies - "I know."

Could she be referring to something else other than the meltdown? Am I looking too deep into this?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject:

FloppyDiskz wrote:
During the recess, Kim says to Jimmy "You know she's going to hate you for this." to which Jimmy replies - "I know."

Could she be referring to something else other than the meltdown? Am I looking too deep into this?

I don't think so. My guess is this incident starts a perilous cycle for Chuck that leads to his demise, which may be the trigger for Jimmy going fully into his transition to Saul.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: wrote

jonnybravo wrote:
Quote:

Yep

Talk to me Chuck .... This is how I really feel

FloppyDiskz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

I don't think so. My guess is this incident starts a perilous cycle for Chuck that leads to his demise, which may be the trigger for Jimmy going fully into his transition to Saul.

I can see that. I doubt their relationship (Chuck/Jimmy) can be salvaged after this hearing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18
Jump to: