We refuse to feed tank and 2017 draft threads Club
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject:

We're seeing the effects of a losing culture right now as they lost the ability to gut wins out. But then it makes me slightly skeptical of our core. I'm all over the place on this.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Vesper wrote:
I'm sure Mitch is weighing in on our draft picks more than winning a few more games.

Losing 2 first round picks vs winning a few games should be a very easy decision for the front office

I am sure you are wrong (again). We won't pollute the tank thread, so keep you losing ass out of this one.

but all of you #nevertank guys are all over the Tank thread? just sayin
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
We're seeing the effects of a losing culture right now as they lost the ability to gut wins out. But then it makes me slightly skeptical of our core. I'm all over the place on this.

I would argue it is more related to lack of talent and experience....not that losing is good for players, just question claims they are completely rewired in a year or two.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I would argue it is more related to lack of talent and experience....not that losing is good for players, just question claims they are completely rewired in a year or two.

Yeah. I'm trying really hard not to be a victim of the moment. If LAL wins two games they're back in the playoff picture and the team has a bright future. Lose 3 or 4, it's all over, back to the tank.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vesper wrote:
I'm sure Mitch is weighing in on our draft picks more than winning a few more games.

Losing 2 first round picks vs winning a few games should be a very easy decision for the front office

I am sure you are wrong (again). We won't pollute the tank thread, so keep you losing ass out of this one.

This is supposed to be a place where we can talk about ways to improve without tanking. Lakers fans aren't and shouldn't be used to losing, it's a winning franchise.
Vesper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

Honestly, doesn't matter because the odds of us getting the pick is relatively high, especially with our form and how every team in the west are trending up.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vesper wrote:

Not me, I respect the rules here at LG. There might have been an early post, but I avoid that thread now that I realize people are actually serious.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vesper wrote:

This is supposed to be a place where we can talk about ways to improve without tanking. Lakers fans aren't and shouldn't be used to losing, it's a winning franchise.

true, but that world no longer is reality. For most of that time, we had a top 5 player, multiple all stars, hall of fame coaches, the greatest owner in professional sports, and the rules were not built to prevent our built in advantages.....fairly easy to win in the bball environment that always existed for us. Our reality is now we are a losing franchise, trying to find the best path to once again becoming a winning franchise. Tank supporters and never tankers all want the same thing, but one could argue one group sees that path the way it is, and the other views the path the way they wish it still was.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vesper wrote:

Not me, I respect the rules here at LG. There might have been an early post, but I avoid that thread now that I realize people are actually serious.

what rules?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

I guess I am a glass half full person, but while some complain about blowing early leads, I am excited we have those early leads. Unlike the last two seasons, we are in most games at the end. That can be seen as some type of progress.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vesper wrote:

what rules?

Don't diss tanking in the tanking thread and don't support tanking in an anti-tanking thread. Just like don't post negative in a positive thread. Common sense.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Don't diss tanking in the tanking thread and don't support tanking in an anti-tanking thread. Just like don't post negative in a positive thread. Common sense.

you left out "don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk"....VLF and his unwritten rules
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I guess I am a glass half full person, but while some complain about blowing early leads, I am excited we have those early leads. Unlike the last two seasons, we are in most games at the end. That can be seen as some type of progress.

I agree here, we're not getting blown out every game like we did last season. The team's finding ways to stay close or pull significantly ahead for a while, and I think that's a better reflection of the team's potential than its record. I think past losing still influences this team. They fall into bad habits and look like last year sometimes when they inevitably fall apart at some point each game.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

Losing take the pride from players and that leads to more loses. You have to stop the bleeding at some point and fight for some dignity before you get used to be a punch bag for every other team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

you left out "don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk"....VLF and his unwritten rules

Not my rules, LG rules
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Vesper wrote:
DO YOU know what our record is now?

YOU know we are fighting for worst team in the west right?

You also know that we going to lose our 2017 and 2019 first round picks right?

You also know that Nick Young can opt out right?

THe players won't try to lose, but the FO can definitely try to. TOO much to lose and very little to gain

We know those things, and we still realize that it would be really dumb for the front office to try and lose.

Right now the FO is living in the moment and trying to win. I dont agree I think the FO living in the moment is what got us here.

I would trade lou and nick asap.

So would I. I just wouldn't consider that tanking

Thats interesting we would do the same thing. Why wouldn't you consider that tanking?

I see Young as a complimentary piece anyways so I don't think losing him hurts all that much. Lou is a scorer off the bench which is fairly easy to replace(we already have Clarkson. Tanking to me would be playing Zubac, Metta, Huertas extended minutes while probably giving a few D league guys minutes while benching Mozgov, and Deng. If we move just Lou and Young but don't change much else, we aren't going to nose dive in the standings which would be the goal of tanking. Playing for the future is different from tanking. We play Ingram a lot already even though he's probably not worthy of the time. That's not tanking, just developing which is what we should continue to do. And I don't see us being bad enough to tank while doing that.
Rigged4fun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject:

I know this will be unwelcomed here, but I think Russell needs to be traded. IMO as long as he's our starting PG, I don't think the Lakers will ever win a championship let alone playoff beyond the first round.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

No tanking yet.

We still in the race for the 8th spot.

Although the last lost hurt, we are still there. But Portland lost to the Magic at home. Magic was struggling.

Presently, we are only 4 games back. If no one wants to step up, we still have a chance.

Tonight is important.

Also, I would like to see a five game winning streak. Last time we had that was the team that went to the playoffs.

A 5 game winning streak requires our team to play at a high consistent level for several games.

If we get that, I would be more encouraged.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Rigged4fun wrote:
I know this will be unwelcomed here, but I think Russell needs to be traded. IMO as long as he's our starting PG, I don't think the Lakers will ever win a championship let alone playoff beyond the first round.

I think that you should move this topic to another thread.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Not my rules, LG rules

ok, I didn't think you were serious...is that a new rule?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Rigged4fun wrote:

What if he plays off ball more than he currently does? Could you see a team with him in that role that has playoff success?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:

I think we still have a chance to get in that race, but as of right now with the 2nd most losses, I would not consider us in that race....win 4 out of 5 (or something similar soon, then I think we will be in the race.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Rigged4fun wrote:

come on....you are extremely over valuing your player projection abilities.....not a knock on you, but nobody can make that claim at this point in a 20 year olds career....just like nobody can be sure he will be an all star at some point. In about 2 years, early projections will be more reasonable.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Rigged4fun wrote:

Funny you say that 'cos one of the Clippers commentators said only 7 players had better stats per 36 than DLo at 20 and all of them became all stars except one - Lamar Odom who was also a very good player on his day. And I don't think he is anywhere close to nearing his potential as a shooter. We're not trading him unless we get a an irresistible offer which teams have no reason to do nowadays with new CBA.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
laker4life wrote:

I think we still have a chance to get in that race, but as of right now with the 2nd most losses, I would not consider us in that race....win 4 out of 5 (or something similar soon, then I think we will be in the race.

And we've only played 45 games, so if you pro-rated that out 82 games we'd be more in the 8-10 games out territory.

Regardless, my MAIN hope is that the young core plays meaningful minutes/games to start learning how to actually win games instead of saying, "ah, next year we'll get em..."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: