Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Fantastic vid GT. Really appreciate you pointing out all the nuances that I miss.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject:

Would have done wonders for Ingram's Point Guard game if we could have convinced Igoudala to sign.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:17 am    Post subject:

I really enjoy your videos. Even though the team is loosing you always point out a lot of positives. Most of all leave me with a very positive feeling and a lot of excitement what could develop in this team.
Thank you!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Fantastic vid GT. Really appreciate you pointing out all the nuances that I miss.

This one was really eye opening. The things GT pointed out are generally missed, overlooked when watching a live broadcast.

They miss Lonzo, but it also shows what some of the guys struggle with in different roles. Not sure how much of it is coaching vs. just not the individual’s game. Some of it seems teachable imo but the same mistakes tend to happen...
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

LFR Podcast: Lonzo & Lopez Return

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2018/01/03/lakers-podcast-lonzo-ball-brook-lopez-return/
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

GT, you've mentioned other guys outside of Jules and JC looking like they may have checked out. Just curious, who are you referring to?
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
I really enjoy your videos. Even though the team is losing you always point out a lot of positives. Most of all leave me with a very positive feeling and a lot of excitement what could develop in this team.
Thank you!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Well, that's sobering.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

wow we suck
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

This is why I support Nance and Brook back in the starting line up and wouldn't think it too crazy even if Hart was to start over KCP. I've seen too many years of this, I'm tired of it.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

GT that's sobering stuff man. Never been more disappointed in my team after watching that vid.

BI might not have the quick step fast twitch to play D consistently in this league. Almost relies too much on length rather than moving his fee.

Taj Gibson is a really bad matchup for Kuz. Too much size & strength for our rookie to handle. You mentioned bad technique where he is standing up too straight in the post - that's an easy fix. Boozer used to go the opposite route by getting too low on his post defense - there's a happy medium there.

Does KCP get a pass during this poor stretch due to his 'legal issue?' Dunno...that would be tough man - don't drive drunk y'all!

Both KCP & JC need to shape up or get shipped out.

Most disappointed in Julius. That swagger is fake if he aint gonna bring it defensively. Out there scowling with an imaginary chip on his shoulder - Dude wants more playing time then doesn't compete on the defensive end the moment when he gets it. He says and does all the right things in the offseason and in interviews - I never thought he would be such a bonehead on team D. Individual D is passable. It's almost like he's saving himself for the offensive end where he's been mediocre at best.

Hopefully Luke can figure this thing out - this reflects as bad on him as it does these players.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
GT that's sobering stuff man. Never been more disappointed in my team after watching that vid.

BI might not have the quick step fast twitch to play D consistently in this league. Almost relies too much on length rather than moving his fee.

Taj Gibson is a really bad matchup for Kuz. Too much size & strength for our rookie to handle. You mentioned bad technique where he is standing up too straight in the post - that's an easy fix. Boozer used to go the opposite route by getting too low on his post defense - there's a happy medium there.

Does KCP get a pass during this poor stretch due to his 'legal issue?' Dunno...that would be tough man - don't drive drunk y'all!

Both KCP & JC need to shape up or get shipped out.

Most disappointed in Julius. That swagger is fake if he aint gonna bring it defensively. Out there scowling with an imaginary chip on his shoulder - Dude wants more playing time then doesn't compete on the defensive end the moment when he gets it. He says and does all the right things in the offseason and in interviews - I never thought he would be such a bonehead on team D. Individual D is passable. It's almost like he's saving himself for the offensive end where he's been mediocre at best.

Hopefully Luke can figure this thing out - this reflects as bad on him as it does these players.

Yup, same old Randle. Amazing really, he finally gets the starting job back and proceeds to stop playing defense. Guy is just mentally weak. Same with Clarkson.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Sad but not surprising.

For all the (bleep) he takes about his offense, Brook's absence took a huge hit on the D.

Last edited by greenfrog on Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Sad but not surprising.

For all the (bleep) he takes about his offense, Brook's absence took a huge hit on the D.

To me, this isn't a scheme or personnel thing, even though I agree with your point that Lopez is an important defender. It isn't a matter of guys not being capable of doing the things that they're being asked to do, it looks like a group of guys who really don't care that much.
MyKRo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Randle doesn't surprise me at all. I've been paying attention to his horrible help defense all season. I've been taking a lot (bleep) from Randle fans for it.

He is good when switched on-ball, THAT's IT. And lately he hasn't even been good at that.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Jules must've realized that not playing defense and going back to his old ways from last season, when Luke ironically gave him much more free reign, is the best way to earn his trust and minutes back. Given that coach has been gushing about him in the media lately, hard to disagree with that. Smart kid
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject:

MyKRo wrote:
Randle doesn't surprise me at all. I've been paying attention to his horrible help defense all season. I've been taking a lot (bleep) from Randle fans for it.

He is good when switched on-ball, THAT's IT. And lately he hasn't even been good at that.

I'm not going to give you grief based on who it is, but I am going to give you grief on being demonstrably wrong.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

BI: His focus on backcuts have been crap all year. But you can also see him laboring down the court. Hope he heals up.

Kuz: His lack of technique on defense has been like that all year I believe. But he also seems bothered by his injury.

Julius: He's been great all year except recently. And it doesn't seem like he's injured (he looks good running up and down the court). Is it the starting and extra minutes and him trying to conserve energy? Is it that his teammates are hurt and aren't being impactful on defense, so he's not trying as hard as 1) he doesn't want to get hurt himself and mess up his FA money or 2) he doesn't want to give his all for a team that doesn't seem like it wants him.

JC: I dont know, it doesnt seem like an effort thing. He seems to be giving effort, just bad at it (defense)

KCP: His on-ball defense has been poor all year. Looks worse recently. Is it rust from lack of practice and games?

We definitely need to get the guys healthy and sentence served. And hoping Julius proves his true self the next few games as a starter, so we can see if he's the real deal or not. And JC? I dont know.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject:

Looks like KCP ,Clarkson and Randle have already mailed it in. SAD.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

Problems this pervasive always start at the top. That's not to absolve the players but this doesn't just happen because a few guys are cross with their situation.

Sterling used to have a model that made him lots of money. Draft high, suck, continue to draft high, let guys walk or trade them, market on interest in NBA basketball and next-up prospects. They were laughing stocks on the court but it was low cost, high reward financially. Meanwhile Dr. Buss was winning rings but spending a fortune. In that time he was building brand value though.

Now the Lakers have a model pretty similar to Sterling's with the added bonuses of a rising tide in NBA interest and a strong brand loyalty. They rode Kobe's popularity as a circus while keeping costs low under the guise of preserving cap space. I haven't tabulated the numbers but I'm pretty sure if you added player salary expense over the last five years and future looking salary obligation the Lakers would be in the bottom two or three in the league while being #1 in revenue. They've probably had record profits despite missing the playoffs. Now Magic has started saying he may not spend all the cap room this summer. Keep costs low. BTW, how does that sound to the current players? We may not get our 2Max but you aren't getting long term deals regardless. They trot Shaq or Kobe or Magic out there to remind you of better days. They sell you Lonzo and Luke and cap space to keep you on the line. The players dream of new teams.

We're Clipper fans drunk on past success.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Problems this pervasive always start at the top. That's not to absolve the players but this doesn't just happen because a few guys are cross with their situation.

Sterling used to have a model that made him lots of money. Draft high, suck, continue to draft high, let guys walk or trade them, market on interest in NBA basketball and next-up prospects. They were laughing stocks on the court but it was low cost, high reward financially. Meanwhile Dr. Buss was winning rings but spending a fortune. In that time he was building brand value though.

Now the Lakers have a model pretty similar to Sterling's with the added bonuses of a rising tide in NBA interest and a strong brand loyalty. They rode Kobe's popularity as a circus while keeping costs low under the guise of preserving cap space. I haven't tabulated the numbers but I'm pretty sure if you added player salary expense over the last five years and future looking salary obligation the Lakers would be in the bottom two or three in the league while being #1 in revenue. They've probably had record profits despite missing the playoffs. Now Magic has started saying he may not spend all the cap room this summer. Keep costs low. BTW, how does that sound to the current players? We may not get our 2Max but you aren't getting long term deals regardless. They trot Shaq or Kobe or Magic out there to remind you of better days. They sell you Lonzo and Luke and cap space to keep you on the line. The players dream of new teams.

We're Clipper fans drunk on past success.

(bleep) hell this is depressing.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:

yup.
important note that those three (and corey brewer) did not stay around for the media after the OKC game. they left ingram, nance and kuzma alone to explain that stinker of a game. tells me that they don't care about there teammates much either. inexcusable.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:

yup.
important note that those three (and corey brewer) did not stay around for the media after the OKC game. they left ingram, nance and kuzma alone to explain that stinker of a game. tells me that they don't care about there teammates much either. inexcusable.

KCP's never in the locker room after the game for media availability. It's usually just a small handful of guys. Randle's been one of the first people to leave almost every game, regardless of the outcome.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:

yup.

KCP's never in the locker room after the game for media availability. It's usually just a small handful of guys. Randle's been one of the first people to leave almost every game, regardless of the outcome.

Thanks GT. is that common? i thought media availability was part of the job?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 48 of 93
Jump to: