Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Hell yes. Emphasis on the cutting and handoff plays instead of PnR, and Josh Hart.

I think an underrated aspect to Hart's game was how well he pushed tempo right after a defensive board. Looked completely comfortable with it too.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Hell yes. Emphasis on the cutting and handoff plays instead of PnR, and Josh Hart.

I think an underrated aspect to Hart's game was how well he pushed tempo right after a defensive board. Looked completely comfortable with it too.

Underrated? Even Stu was talking about during the Lakers' broadcast
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject:

mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Great breakdown, GT. Thanks.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Does PPP include the 3 pointer Jules created for Hart (via the skip pass to BLO), or does it only include points directly generated off the post up (scores, free throws, or direct assists)?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject:

I know there's such thing as a gather step but did Julius not travel on the dunk after BI destroyed Melo?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Does PPP include the 3 pointer Jules created for Hart (via the skip pass to BLO), or does it only include points directly generated off the post up (scores, free throws, or direct assists)?

It included that hockey assist to Hart. I charted the PPP on Julius' touches vs. Melo myself, so it was done from a "when happened on the play when Julius got a touch vs. Melo" perspective.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
I know there's such thing as a gather step but did Julius not travel on the dunk after BI destroyed Melo?

I thought so too. Refereeing is part art, part science.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

It included that hockey assist to Hart. I charted the PPP on Julius' touches vs. Melo myself, so it was done from a "when happened on the play when Julius got a touch vs. Melo" perspective.

You da man.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Good video again GT. Good, physical game, the whole team came up with a good answer to getting beat up and lunch money stolen twice earlier this year. Brandon Ingram - big plays on defense. Good examples of how disruptive he is. Great to see Randle manhandle Melo. Almost as much fun seeing Anthony cry at the refs and get T'd up. Worthy was priceless after the game on that one. Hart - really enjoyed your breakdown on the tough defense and how he contributes.

I'll bet JR's got a lump on his head. After the game end buzzer, it was a little scary seeing Randle holding the back of his head in pain, scarier on replay seeing how the back of his head smacked hard with Adam's face as Randle was getting mugged, but what's real scary is, after the buzzer, seeing how the Dothraki just kinda trudged off unfazed. Man that shoulda hurt.

Nice breakdown on what should have happened to counter the last minute trapping and ball denial by OKC, versus what Clarkson in particular did instead. I hope JC's getting some film room time on that one. Assuming he's still a Laker in a couple days, that is.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Podcast: Momentum at the Trade Deadline

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/momentum-at-the-trade-deadline
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:47 am    Post subject:

Good stuff, I was missing the podcasts.

I partially agree. Actually it will all depends on what Paul George is going to do. If he wants to come, I'd happily give $30M of our cap space to him. I believe one great player is better than 3 average-to-good ones.

If we get PG, re-sign Jules and keep Deng for another year, we can be a major player in 2019 FA market as well.

Collecting a couple of picks and signing mid tier FAs won't get us back to the top, but they can be valuable assets in a future trade for a star. It's a better plan than throwing a max contract for a non-max player (Isaiah, I'm looking at you...).
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:

I partially agree. Actually it will all depends on what Paul George is going to do. If he wants to come, I'd happily give $30M of our cap space to him. I believe one great player is better than 3 average-to-good ones.

If we get PG, re-sign Jules and keep Deng for another year, we can be a major player in 2019 FA market as well.

Collecting a couple of picks and signing mid tier FAs won't get us back to the top, but they can be valuable assets in a future trade for a star. It's a better plan than throwing a max contract for a non-max player (Isaiah, I'm looking at you...).

I only said it once in passing during the pod, but signing a legit max guy is DEFINITELY the first option. The other stuff is if they miss out on that.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:

I only said it once in passing during the pod, but signing a legit max guy is DEFINITELY the first option. The other stuff is if they miss out on that.

Sorry, I must have missed that bit
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Podcast: Lakers Trade Clarkson & Nance to Cleveland

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/lakers-trade-clarkson-nance-to-cleveland
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Thanks GT!

Would it have been too much to see the lakers have made another deal yesterday, packaging Thomas, Deng and the #1 just acquired?

But totally agree with your assessment on Randle. As long as he continues playing well. I would absolutely try to package up two #1 picks to ship Deng out of town. I think Randle is looking too good to let hem walk at this point.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

no mention of how he fits on the defensive end?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

5:50
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

If you can't see the video, Spoiler alert : he doesn't fit in any defensive system. But it's not like JC was Bruce Bowen for us...
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

If I had to guess, I’d say that IT won’t ever return to peak Boston form. That being said, the trade was good apart from his play, and if he does recover his game, then it’s gravy for the Lakers.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Thanks GT.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Great vid, GT. The defensive section is particularly worrisome to me. Watching IT challenge those jumpers, it could be a comedy reel. That is what I would look like challenging an NBA player
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, IT has always played Huertas level D...really offers no resistance. That being said, Clarkson was pretty bad, for example...can you remember clarkson ever blocking a shot? Off the top of my head I can’t (I know he did, just saying...very infrequent)

He isn’t a great fit for us and isn’t healthy, but it’s not like we went out and made a trade for HIM....we traded for cap space and that 1st and IT was part of Clevelands dump. All good, he can hit shots and FT’s....just have to make sure to play him along with some other solid team defenders I guess.
misterioso
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject:

That's some mighty fine video work on breaking down IT. I got a bunch of takeaways on what to look for in tonight's game.

I've watched maybe 4-5 of the Cav's death march games. He looks about 50% of the player he was last season.

It's apparent to me that when he's goes flatfooted, he can't push off, He can't accelerate and he lost his bounce. Did he come back too soon? Is he still playing with pain? If so, maybe he shouldn't play until after the break and use the opportuinty to get himself right physically. If it's a matter of strength, then maybe a week or two with Gunnar might do him so good.

Great breakdown on the defense (or lack of). In complete agreement with the LFR video, he sucks on D even when healthy. Now that Nance is gone and it's now Frye or Zubac (and maybe Bryant if and when he gets PT) rotating over, the baseline defense won't be as good. It becomes even more pressure for the 2nd unit to not give up the blow-bys, but unfortunately, IT has never been able to stop his man, healthy or otherwise.

That's not to say IT can't fit in. Lou Williams sucks on D, but offsets it with buckets. IT needs to do the same. If he can't, then he should take a seat until he gets his physical conditioning back in order.

Until then, I have no problem with BI and Caruso as the primary ball-handlers until Zo comes back.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 54 of 93
Jump to: