Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

misterioso wrote:
That's some mighty fine video work on breaking down IT. I got a bunch of takeaways on what to look for in tonight's game.

I've watched maybe 4-5 of the Cav's death march games. He looks about 50% of the player he was last season.

It's apparent to me that when he's goes flatfooted, he can't push off, He can't accelerate and he lost his bounce. Did he come back too soon? Is he still playing with pain? If so, maybe he shouldn't play until after the break and use the opportuinty to get himself right physically. If it's a matter of strength, then maybe a week or two with Gunnar might do him so good.

Great breakdown on the defense (or lack of). In complete agreement with the LFR video, he sucks on D even when healthy. Now that Nance is gone and it's now Frye or Zubac (and maybe Bryant if and when he gets PT) rotating over, the baseline defense won't be as good. It becomes even more pressure for the 2nd unit to not give up the blow-bys, but unfortunately, IT has never been able to stop his man, healthy or otherwise.

That's not to say IT can't fit in. Lou Williams sucks on D, but offsets it with buckets. IT needs to do the same. If he can't, then he should take a seat until he gets his physical conditioning back in order.

Until then, I have no problem with BI and Caruso as the primary ball-handlers until Zo comes back.

It worked in Boston
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
misterioso wrote:
That's some mighty fine video work on breaking down IT. I got a bunch of takeaways on what to look for in tonight's game.

I've watched maybe 4-5 of the Cav's death march games. He looks about 50% of the player he was last season.

It's apparent to me that when he's goes flatfooted, he can't push off, He can't accelerate and he lost his bounce. Did he come back too soon? Is he still playing with pain? If so, maybe he shouldn't play until after the break and use the opportuinty to get himself right physically. If it's a matter of strength, then maybe a week or two with Gunnar might do him so good.

Great breakdown on the defense (or lack of). In complete agreement with the LFR video, he sucks on D even when healthy. Now that Nance is gone and it's now Frye or Zubac (and maybe Bryant if and when he gets PT) rotating over, the baseline defense won't be as good. It becomes even more pressure for the 2nd unit to not give up the blow-bys, but unfortunately, IT has never been able to stop his man, healthy or otherwise.

That's not to say IT can't fit in. Lou Williams sucks on D, but offsets it with buckets. IT needs to do the same. If he can't, then he should take a seat until he gets his physical conditioning back in order.

Until then, I have no problem with BI and Caruso as the primary ball-handlers until Zo comes back.

It worked in Boston

And no where else
bevwenz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
misterioso wrote:

It worked in Boston

Not nearly as well as legend had it, and Ainge knew it well before the unfortunate hip issues. The absolute career best of IT was last year in Boston, in the 4th quarter in particular. Yet, PRIOR to his hip issue, thru Jan. of last year, the Celtics and their main core players actually fared WORSE with IT on the court, with an absolutely brutal impact on their defensive ratings.

IT on court vs. off court 4th quarter Defensive rating;

Al Horford 128.4, 96.2 NET: -32.2
Avery Bradley 121.5, 100.7 NET: -20.8
Jae Crowder 123.4, 84.0 NET: -39.4
Marcus Smart 124.4, 90.3 NET: -34.4
Amir Johnson 118.5, 85.5 NET: -33
Kelly Olynyk 120.8, 93.9 NET: -27.8

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/celtics-isaiah-thomas-is-a-fourth-quarter-killer-but-which-team-is-he-killing/
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject:

bevwenz wrote:

Not nearly as well as legend had it, and Ainge knew it well before the unfortunate hip issues. The absolute career best of IT was last year in Boston, in the 4th quarter in particular. Yet, PRIOR to his hip issue, thru Jan. of last year, the Celtics and their main core players actually fared WORSE with IT on the court, with an absolutely brutal impact on their defensive ratings.

IT on court vs. off court 4th quarter Defensive rating;

Al Horford 128.4, 96.2 NET: -32.2
Avery Bradley 121.5, 100.7 NET: -20.8
Jae Crowder 123.4, 84.0 NET: -39.4
Marcus Smart 124.4, 90.3 NET: -34.4
Amir Johnson 118.5, 85.5 NET: -33
Kelly Olynyk 120.8, 93.9 NET: -27.8

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/celtics-isaiah-thomas-is-a-fourth-quarter-killer-but-which-team-is-he-killing/

Wow. Those are some incredibly painful defensive statistics. It's only been a few games for the Lakers, but we've seen that play out here, too. Stuff like this makes me leery of resigning him at all, even as a 6th man off the bench. It'll be very interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out, as well as IT's contract situation.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject:

El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject:

GT I've just seen that Harrison Faigen has a patreon page, is that something you'd consider doing?
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
GT I've just seen that Harrison Faigen has a patreon page, is that something you'd consider doing?

What he writes in his video decsriptions...

Shoutout to SeatGeek for sponsoring the video, use the promo code LFR and get $20 off on your first order! Sign-up Here: https://sg.app.link/lfr

Support Laker Film Room (one-time donation): https://venmo.com/pete-zayas
Support Laker Film Room (monthly donation): https://www.patreon.com/user?u=4323388
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
El Seano wrote:

What he writes in his video decsriptions...

Shoutout to SeatGeek for sponsoring the video, use the promo code LFR and get $20 off on your first order! Sign-up Here: https://sg.app.link/lfr

Support Laker Film Room (one-time donation): https://venmo.com/pete-zayas
Support Laker Film Room (monthly donation): https://www.patreon.com/user?u=4323388

Thank you, Cathy.

Yeah, Patreon and Venmo are two of the most important pieces of how I'm able to financially support myself in doing this.
LamarMatic
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject:

Video compilation of every Sky Hook that Kareem Abdul-Jabbar attempted in the 1982-83 playoffs:

You can find data on those sky hooks (and his post ups) as well as some analysis here:

https://bballbreakdown.com/2018/02/22/fact-myth-lakers-kareem-abdul-jabbars-sky-hook-efficient/

Hope it's alright that I come by to post this. Figured that some of you might find this interesting.

Cheers!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

Podcast: Continued Improvement

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/continued-improvement
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Great podcast GT. They make the commute to work so much easier.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject:

Good one. We can't point out just one thing responsible for our improvement, but what we see in terms of offensive game is another team, not only compared to the beginning of the the season, but mostly to last season.

Luke was right to focus on defense at the beginning and it seems now he's implementing what he wants in terms of offense.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject:

mans got the ads in the podcast too its tew litty in thih bitty

but fam where is the "Why Julius Randle is a top 5 NBA player and he aint 2-5" video at????

SMH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

but fam where is the "Why Julius Randle is a top 5 NBA player and he aint 2-5" video at????

SMH
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

SMH
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Sorry fam you're gonna have to settle for this instead.

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Brook Lopez as the trailer is exactly what I envisioned before season started. I’m glad he is excelling in that role.

It must be scary for the opponent that almost any Laker can start the break...very tough to defend.

Lonzo
Ingram
Randle
Kuzma
KCP
IT

Pick your poison.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

when you wanna and

but its still GT droppin that heat rock so you cant help but
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Some of your best stuff yet. Thanks, GT!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I'm not fishing for compliments here, but why do you say that?

I've had a few people say something similar. It's gotten more views and likes than I expected it to, and I didn't think I knocked it out of the park when I made it. I'm just trying to figure out what the appeal of this one was because that helps me with future videos. Appreciate the feedback.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

I liked it as well. I don't think many analysts talk about transition as some type of system. Most people think players just run with less purpose than half-court sets.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I've had a few people say something similar. It's gotten more views and likes than I expected it to, and I didn't think I knocked it out of the park when I made it. I'm just trying to figure out what the appeal of this one was because that helps me with future videos. Appreciate the feedback.

This is a good video. I don't mind giving feedback - Concise and clear explanation of fundamentals first, with well-chosen video examples, and once basic spacing and lanes are established, then expanding to rim runner and trailer roles. Once that's established, then the nuances, the identification and tie-in of traits for several key players allowing for this team's versatility in who and how each player can fill each role in transition, again with well-chosen video clips that illustrate the points you are making clearly. Explained in the right order, with good background music, and very well edited.

And then the frosting - transition ball is fun to watch!

My two cents as to why it's well received.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

The beginning diagram pointing out the spots the Lakers we're trying to run to in transition was $$$-money. The following video clips totally supported it & and were all the more interesting because they were anchored in a super simple diagram.

I grew up playing basketball and am a big Lakers fan and still am not familiar with all the jargon you use for some of the sets. The simple diagram helped me see what the Lakers are trying to accomplish in transition.

Makes me thing you'll someday be part of the video crew w/ the Laker's org (Someone's got to break it down slowly for KCP! ) Like we all know you get it...but now I feel like I get it too by watching the Vid...And will watch for the Laker's filling their spots in transition next game.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

You always produce good content, but you're also a bit of a prisoner of the quality on the court.

The distinction for me is that this is one of your "structural/procedural" videos versus player performance videos, and the former often have more meaning for me because you tease out trends and less immediately perceivable team-wide changes. I appreciate both videos, but when you isolate on the team's defense or transition offense, it's more illuminating than individual player performances even though your performance highlights still stand out above and beyond the industry standard.

I'm looking for high level videos of variations of Lakers horns sets, though. So I really appreciate this vid, but I understand that given 1) the play the Lakers provide, and 2) the long NBA season, that videos like the above aren't always the norm. But this video is a standout for junkies, though I would advise from a marketing perspective to entice the fans along with the junkies through excellent game by game breakdown footage.

Lastly, I would really love to see season long trend videos for the players you think are worth such effort. Ingram's improvement, Lonzo's defense, Julius' developing playmaking, etc
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
NOICE!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 55 of 93
Jump to: