Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

I'm ready for the next podcast about firing Mitch 2 days before the deadline. If GT was that heated about DLO, I can't wait to hear how he feels about this move
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
I've searched for the Lakers Film Room podcast a few weeks ago, and never could find it (on Pocket Cast). Today I just figured out why I couldn't find it! The team name is misspelled! Major faux pas! You should consider fixing that.

It's Lakers not Laker.

Really? I had no idea.

It's not like it's on the jersey or anything.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

My thoughts on an extraordinary day to be a Lakers fan.

http://lakerfilmroom.com/mitch-kupchak-jim-buss-fired-magic-johnson-named-president-basketball-operations/
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

http://lakerfilmroom.com/mitch-kupchak-jim-buss-fired-magic-johnson-named-president-basketball-operations/

Extraodinarely BAD day to be a Lakers fan.
I'll give it a read. Thanks as always, GT.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

pretty much mirrors my thoughts on the johnson pelinka west triumvirate
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The three conclusions that seem most logical, either individually or in some combination, are:

1) The DeMarcus Cousins’ trade and the Lakers’ inability to acquire him was the final straw that led to Jim & Mitch’s death knell...

When the Jim & Mitch news first broke, I wondered about this. I assume this is speculative by the way you worded it. But for me personally, I am very happy that we didn't give up Ingram or Russell for Cousins. I hate his attitude and on court antics so much. The baggage with him is gigantic. So the fact that Ingram was a deal breaker was a good thing when I heard about it.

So I wondered if:
1) Mitch and Jim were moving to do it but Magic stepped in and put a stop to it?
2) Or, as you put it, were Mitch and Jim incapable of completing this trade and that was the final straw to send those two packing?

As someone who is happy the trade did not go through, I am hoping that it was the first option as this would help me feel more relieved over Magic's new position within the organization. If it were the second option, then my fears hold more credibility!
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
The three conclusions that seem most logical, either individually or in some combination, are:

1) The DeMarcus Cousins’ trade and the Lakers’ inability to acquire him was the final straw that led to Jim & Mitch’s death knell...

When the Jim & Mitch news first broke, I wondered about this. I assume this is speculative by the way you worded it. But for me personally, I am very happy that we didn't give up Ingram or Russell for Cousins. I hate his attitude and on court antics so much. The baggage with him is gigantic. So the fact that Ingram was a deal breaker was a good thing when I heard about it.

So I wondered if:
1) Mitch and Jim were moving to do it but Magic stepped in and put a stop to it?
2) Or, as you put it, were Mitch and Jim incapable of completing this trade and that was the final straw to send those two packing?

As someone who is happy the trade did not go through, I am hoping that it was the first option as this would help me feel more relieved over Magic's new position within the organization. If it were the second option, then my fears hold more credibility!

or C) the ROI wasnt there so you dont do the deal.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

So I wondered if:

I'm also happy that the deal didn't go through, but that doesn't mean that Magic & Jeanie were.

Magic has said that he didn't have any communication w/Jim & Mitch regarding Cousins. Maybe he's lying, but I don't think so. Jim & Mitch kept things close to the vest, even within the organization, which was actually part of the problem. Jeanie & her people were always left in the dark regarding what b-ball ops were doing.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Awesome stuff GT
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Great Job Once Again
razor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Corey Brewer? and an unprotected pick? why?........Earvin better bring something big now that the bench is -14 per game.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

So I wondered if:

Another possible explanation is Mitch and Jim were trying to pull off a trade without consulting him and he got P.O.d when he found out through the media like the rest of us.

I find it difficult to believe their fate wasn't already sealed regardless of the Boogie deal. They just didn't just call up Pelinka today and offer him the GM job. They may have pressed him for an answer but talks were probably going on soon after Magic was hired.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Great article. Very thought provoking. I personally think that this was inevitable. The Dengov signing seemed like capitulation after years of striking out in free agency. In my mind there was really no way to explain that. Apologists. Hater. In the middle. Universally accepted as a horrible move. And no matter what that misstep at such a huge contract level could have always and is pointed to as a huge reason they were fired.

It was just so uncharacteristic of the way Mitch has meticulously managed cap space. That move locked them into the bottom / middle of league as long as they are still on the books. And to be honest Mitch is the fall guy here. Buss at the end of the day is still an owner.

Truth be told I honestly don't think it matters who is heading the franchise. And I honestly don't care about the internal buss power struggle. At this point their only hope is striking lotto gold. This year especially with 2 on the line in this lotto. Underneath the headlines of a change in general manager is the sobering truth that they still have no veterans in the long term plan and the very real possibility of having a single lotto pick for the rest of the decade if they lose this years pick. If the lotto balls don't go our way, it's really time to accept reality. There really isn't any prospect of excitement.

To me that means I'm out as a season ticket holder. No renewals. And if I'm here at this point I'm sure so are many other laker fans. Watch the bids fade as people realize they can probably sit in better seats in blocks at half the price. I really can't see anything that magic or pelinka or whoever can honestly do other than root for the tankathon like the rest of us.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

IMO West is gone. He apparently turned down the Sac GM position to stay with the Lakers and be in line to inherit the GM position when Mitch stepped down. Now his mentor is dumped and there is a new guy in line in front of him to wait out. I think if someone offers him a GM spot this off season he will take it without hesitation.

Luke 8s also on the hot seat he has a year maybe a year and a half and if he doesn't have the team in the playoffs he's gone too.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Liked it. Good summation of theories on this. Even keeled, not panicked.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Liked it. Good summation of theories on this. Even keeled, not panicked.

Yup. Thanks GT!
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Informative and fascinating article

Magic's reputation is on the line

Ryan West's role in this new regime will strategic since he will be reporting to Pelinka.

As stated on the Mason and Ireland show, all the GMs will be testing Magic till the end of trade deadline - though other opportunities will exist before the Waiver Deadline and what players will be bought out

The young players have been alerted - get better or get lost (especially after the last embarrassing loss

Magic thinks that JC can be a lockdown defender. Interesting assessment considering Magic's last tweets on which players he likes

If Magic believes that DLO has the Floor General mentality . . . This talented player is seeming more suited as a combo guard

What can Magic received in return for Mosgov and Deng?

-

Hopefully it will be Magic Time!
Jungorer
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject:

Really loving your new site man worth a read and lots of good information about the lakers
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject:

Well done GT

I don't have a clue if the new front office will succeed, but we needed to make something because it is clear we weren't going anywhere
Jakanzi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject:

Hope the John Black ouster doesn't affect LFR's ability to get a media credential (if you guys haven't gotten it already).
misterioso
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

GT, I appreciate your comments...

do you have access to yesterday's login head count? Just out of curiosity, I wonder how the activity level of the front office events compares to past big activity days (i.e. Lakers winning the championship, Kobe's 60 pt game, etc.). I assume there was a big spike in activity, but was it truly a big day?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject:

misterioso wrote:

do you have access to yesterday's login head count? Just out of curiosity, I wonder how the activity level of the front office events compares to past big activity days (i.e. Lakers winning the championship, Kobe's 60 pt game, etc.). I assume there was a big spike in activity, but was it truly a big day?

On LG? No, I don't. DB or Exick would be the guys to ask about that.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Excellent synopsis!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject:

My scouting report on Josh Jackson's abilities on the offensive end.

http://lakerfilmroom.com/josh-jackson-scouting-report-offense/
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
misterioso wrote:

On LG? No, I don't. DB or Exick would be the guys to ask about that.

It was about half our biggest day. But still got up to the usual "high" level when something big happens. Of course, right now the server is acting flaky.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 8 of 93
Jump to: