Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject:

JM wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Terrific edit and illustration. Really helps me understand why I get so frustrated with him at times (LOL.) Seriously, do the Laker's video folks concur with these 'essays?' Are they watching your efforts? I'm over 70 years of age, have been playing and watching BBall my entire life and find your stuff illustrative, simple and direct. Thanks you so much.

Yeah, GT's like one of those gifted friends you have that you can't for the life of you figure out how in the world he's not been discovered yet when he's better than what's currently out there.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject:

JM wrote:

Terrific edit and illustration. Really helps me understand why I get so frustrated with him at times (LOL.) Seriously, do the Laker's video folks concur with these 'essays?' Are they watching your efforts? I'm over 70 years of age, have been playing and watching BBall my entire life and find your stuff illustrative, simple and direct. Thanks you so much.

That's the best part. I think GT's stuff are useful for both experts and peasants, like myself. I've missed these game/player breakdowns, there's been a while...
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject:

That Ingram video was outstanding GT.

Really enjoyed your analysis of his shooting stroke in different situations and how it affects his shots.

Liked how you showed the positive growth and future potential, while also pointing out the areas he needs to work on to fulfill that potential.

Great stuff.
Dylandogg
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject:

I can not wait to watch the next game Ingram plays so I can look for these things. You really increase my enjoyment of the games with these videos. Thanks GT.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject:

JM wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I really hope that some people on our coaching staff are watching GT's videos.
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject:

Someone should tweet the video to BI! Great work, GT!
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Remember Luke's a rookie coach too. Hopefully once they can exhale and review the year, they can rejigger some things. He also has a roster with guys that aren't exactly conducive to his playing style. I do hope we get some other coaches to help schematically .

I think Luke can't run the sets he wants because he has to teach a lot of the players *cough Randle-Clarkson cough* basic basketball fundamentals.

Got to learn how to walk before you can run.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Remember Luke's a rookie coach too. Hopefully once they can exhale and review the year, they can rejigger some things. He also has a roster with guys that aren't exactly conducive to his playing style. I do hope we get some other coaches to help schematically .

I think Luke can't run the sets he wants because he has to teach a lot of the players *cough Randle-Clarkson cough* basic basketball fundamentals.

Got to learn how to walk before you can run.

I mean for better or worse, Luke kept preaching that during the preseason and offseason, that he wasn't going to move on to move advanced, uh, schemes until the team mastered the basics. Maybe I can find the interview...

He could also be a total dummy but I remember him saying specifically what you referenced here before the season started. But who knows? We're not at practice. We'll have a better idea if there's anything upstairs next year. I hope he's not a dummy. I don't think he is.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
JM wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

That is a remarkable compliment, JM. Thank you so much.

It would be great if you could find the time to update this piece to incorporate what you are seeing now, since the AB? Wow, his extension driviing to the paint as well as his mid-range form seem to have improved. For me, if he trains with Kobe this summer and acquires some of his footwork, he will be sensational going forward.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
JM wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I really hope that some people on our coaching staff are watching GT's videos.

Same here. Watching the Brandon Ingram video I was thinking the same thing. GT I'm wishing you were part of the Laker training staff! They'd be in good hands!

BI's weak points in shooting are clearly fixable. Good thing is: those weak points are getting fewer and fewer as the season progresses, it appears this kid knows how to take instruction and work on his mechanics.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

Thank you for the kind words, guys. I really appreciate it.

Here's a new podcast. Enjoy.

Further Away Than You Think
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

interesting pod GT. i wonder what the lakers FO would be willing to part with to get a player of Love's caliber. Pairing him with a couple of our emerging youngsters could feasibly bring us to contention for a 7th/8th spot in the west and get us back in the playoffs.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject:

I don't see what we have that entices Clev. (i.e. player who can contribute NOW).

Would they take Deng/Nance/Houston 1st?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't see what we have that entices Clev. (i.e. player who can contribute NOW).

I think it'd have to be a 3-way deal, which would get tricky.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

did you guys think of another example besides Love? Following your track of thought on why that kind of move would be beneficial, it seems like there would have to be multiple possibilities.....but at the same time, I cannot think of another one. Would Gallinari fit that role if healthy?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

did you guys think of another example besides Love? Following your track of thought on why that kind of move would be beneficial, it seems like there would have to be multiple possibilities.....but at the same time, I cannot think of another one. Would Gallinari fit that role if healthy?

I think Love hits the "vanity" checklist for the new regime. Champ, all-star, UCLA, and so on.

Gallinari? Not so much.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think Love hits the "vanity" checklist for the new regime. Champ, all-star, UCLA, and so on.

Gallinari? Not so much.

but on the actual merits....the role? I think, and GT acknowledges, finding a deal for Love, and involving a 3rd team gets complicated. They have some similarities in age, position (if you consider Gallinari a PF), 3 Point %, PPG....plus Gallinari in LA gains vanity.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Gallinari? Not so much.

but on the actual merits....the role? I think, and GT acknowledges, finding a deal for Love, and involving a 3rd team gets complicated. They have some similarities in age, position (if you consider Gallinari a PF), 3 Point %, PPG....plus Gallinari in LA gains vanity.

I just think it's a "name" think that aligns with this new FO more so than role. THey want to make a "big splash" so how about getting an NBA champ/all star, blah blah.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think Millsap -> CLE, Love -> LAL, LAL package -> ATL might work for all sides, but I don't know if any LAL package is enough for ATL to give up Millsap that we wouldn't balk at.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Gallinari? Not so much.

I just think it's a "name" think that aligns with this new FO more so than role. THey want to make a "big splash" so how about getting an NBA champ/all star, blah blah.

maybe...or even probably....but they may be disappointed in the response that the name Kevin Love garners from the fan base. I actually kind of like Gallinari for in that role they were discussing of the "semi star" (my own words), that is a quality vet that would help push the young guys into their proper roles.....but I doubt Gallinari would cause much excitement when announced. The big positive would be he would be available....and would pair well with PG-13 if the Lakers could create the space in 2018.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think Millsap -> CLE, Love -> LAL, LAL package -> ATL might work for all sides, but I don't know if any LAL package is enough for ATL to give up Millsap that we wouldn't balk at.

Milsap is a FA this summer
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This was more of an overview of the summer, with Darius throwing out Love in the middle of it, rather than a granular look at things. I agree that there are plenty of other possibilities.

We're about to move to 2 pods per week and we'll have plenty of time to get into stuff like Gallinari.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
adkindo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This was more of an overview of the summer, with Darius throwing out Love in the middle of it, rather than a granular look at things. I agree that there are plenty of other possibilities.

We're about to move to 2 pods per week and we'll have plenty of time to get into stuff like Gallinari.

In my opinion....that is one reason podcasts are so great....you can veer off course a little, and its no big deal....its more like a conversation. I know when I am talking sports with a friend(s), the topic rarely remains singular and a straight line from point A to point B. Looking forward to the FA episode(s).
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

JC+Randle for Melo for Love
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Milsap is a FA this summer

player option right? sign and trade or something
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 12 of 93
Jump to: