Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

New Podcast - The Analytics of the Lakers Draft Prospects w/Cranjis McBasketball

https://www.almightyballer.com/ep-23-analyzing-the-prospects-w-cranjis-mcbasketball-t1m_nba/
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Nice job.

I love physical ball and won't call a lot of fouls at all. In league play I take a lot of charges. I'm good at it, but in pickup games I think I've taken one charge in my life but I didn't call it -- I just ended up on the ground after sealing off baseline. Teammates called it off an elbow/lowering shoulder move to clear me out of the way. I guess it looked bad enough that they felt that was a bit dirty, lol.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
New Podcast w/Mike Schmitz of Draft Express, diving deep into #2 & #28.

https://www.almightyballer.com/ep-22-2017-draft-primer-with-nba-scout-mike-schmitz/

Great podcast. I've got the impression Mike's personal impression on Fox puts a small bias on his opinion of him as a player. I agree with you, Fox is the only name considered for #2 that concerns me; although I see his strengths, if he doesn't improve a lot his shoot and/or his pass, he's nowhere near a future All Star.

Just on small feedback: in some pods the volume is quite unbalanced and in this one it was a bit annoying, as Mike was much louder than Darius.

We've been having a ton of technical difficulty the last couple of pods, and on this one everyone ended up on the same track, so we couldn't make the adjustments afterward. I think we got it resolved on last night's show, but sorry about that.

Hey, no need to apologize.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
New Podcast - The Analytics of the Lakers Draft Prospects w/Cranjis McBasketball

https://www.almightyballer.com/ep-23-analyzing-the-prospects-w-cranjis-mcbasketball-t1m_nba/

Wow I'm surprised Fox is that bad and Ball is even better than I thought.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

Finally got around to finishing this pod. Darius' speech of shame on Tim's pickup tendencies was the best.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

We have Nate Duncan joining us on the podcast this week. Let me know if have any specific questions for him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
We have Nate Duncan joining us on the podcast this week. Let me know if have any specific questions for him.

How was he able to quit the practice of law and make money talking about basketball all day and night.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

How was he able to quit the practice of law and make money talking about basketball all day and night.

Asking for a friend?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Asking for a friend?

Allegedly.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Wow I'm surprised Fox is that bad and Ball is even better than I thought.
Ball would be the best choice to work with DLo and JC because he does not need the ball to be effective - as oppose to Fultz and Fox (who was stated to be the next version of Lebron - albeit smaller, really)
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Harrison Faigen‏Verified account @hmfaigen 2h2 hours ago
More
Replying to @LakerFilmRoom
burn this website to the ground

this guy is joking right?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
Quote:
More

Harrison is my stepson.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Asking for a friend?

Allegedly.

http://www.doseoffunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/tumblr_mm5ospBW0I1spyekbo1_400.gif
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
Quote:
More

Harrison is my stepson.

Then he's not joking!
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

I noticed the new podcast with Duncan out and started listening to it, but once Duncan arrives, the sound is totally off. Duncan responds to questions roughly 6 seconds after you finish, and then you guys jump in about 6 seconds before he finishes talking. It seems like his audio track got dragged 6 seconds to the future and it's just not lining up. Sadly, I found myself completely unable to listen to it.

I downloaded it at about 8:30am this morning, PST. Is anyone else hearing what I'm hearing?

I'd hate for a good interview/cast and the hard work of the LFR team to go to waste. =(
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Vadorojo wrote:
I noticed the new podcast with Duncan out and started listening to it, but once Duncan arrives, the sound is totally off. Duncan responds to questions roughly 6 seconds after you finish, and then you guys jump in about 6 seconds before he finishes talking. It seems like his audio track got dragged 6 seconds to the future and it's just not lining up. Sadly, I found myself completely unable to listen to it.

I downloaded it at about 8:30am this morning, PST. Is anyone else hearing what I'm hearing?

I'd hate for a good interview/cast and the hard work of the LFR team to go to waste. =(

We fixed it and re-uploaded it since then. Sorry about that.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Debating Lonzo & the Lakers Core w/Nate Duncan

https://www.almightyballer.com/laker-film-room-ep-24-nate-duncan-on-lonzo-ball-the-lakers-core/
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject:

This Nate Duncan guy comes off as a massive Dlo hater. Murray? Mudiay? Really? Glad you and Darius took him to task.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

Glad to hear that Duncan still won't give up on DLO being a potential starter down the road like Mudiay
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Duncan watched any Lakers game post all-star break. I take his analysis of our guys with a grain of salt.

Anyways, good job fellas.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
I don't think Duncan watched any Lakers game post all-star break. I take his analysis of our guys with a grain of salt.

Yeah. If he were honest, he'd probably say he watched less than 5 Lakers game in totality. I mean, why would you if you're covering the rest of the NBA? Nothing to see here.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

Yeah. If he were honest, he'd probably say he watched less than 5 Lakers game in totality. I mean, why would you if you're covering the rest of the NBA? Nothing to see here.

This is the dirty little secret of the general NBA guys. Nate's a smart guy, but yeah...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

This is the dirty little secret of the general NBA guys. Nate's a smart guy, but yeah...

He sort of alluded to the fact he hasn't watched too many Lakers games, but compared to you, someone who scrutinizes every game and play, there's a huge difference as to which view I put more stock into.

Now, all things equal, if Nate did watch dozens of Lakers games (masochist) and scrutinized in detail each of our young players, it would be nice to have a non Lakers centric viewpoint.

That being said, our fanbase at the same time accurately overrates our own guys. Sort of an oxymoron.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

That being said, our fanbase at the same time accurately overrates our own guys. Sort of an oxymoron.

That is definitely true for fan bases in general especially towards young players due to the fact that potential and hope are intertwined. One sees the potential and hopes that the player will get there. Feeling of hope usually comes with optimism.

Boston is pretty high on Jaylen but I don't think he is all that. Maybe they aren't too high on Ingram for the exact same reasons.

I try to take a step back and look at it from an outside perspective but sometimes I'm in too deep. Bought too much stock.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:

He sort of alluded to the fact he hasn't watched too many Lakers games, but compared to you, someone who scrutinizes every game and play, there's a huge difference as to which view I put more stock into.

Now, all things equal, if Nate did watch dozens of Lakers games (masochist) and scrutinized in detail each of our young players, it would be nice to have a non Lakers centric viewpoint.

That's sort of the conundrum...either the national guy w/no real horse in the race but rarely watches your team, or the local guy who really dissects what's going on but is emotionally invested in ways that may cloud his judgment.

I want people to know that I'm genuinely rooting for each Laker, even the ones that I'm not all that high on, but I'm also willing to criticize their games where I believe it to be fair.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 18 of 93
Jump to: