Laker Film Room (Pg. 41: Podcast - Season Preview)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 16239

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

#KuzControlIsLegit
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2834

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Math wrote:
My favorite podcast so far. I liked that you guys a little more into the technical aspects of the game. It was educational.



And I hope you're wrong about our coaching staff. I'm sure you do too.


Oh, absolutely. And glad you enjoyed it.


Can you please provide a synopsis of our coaching staff according to the post you responded to?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 34516

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Math wrote:
My favorite podcast so far. I liked that you guys a little more into the technical aspects of the game. It was educational.



And I hope you're wrong about our coaching staff. I'm sure you do too.


Oh, absolutely. And glad you enjoyed it.


Can you please provide a synopsis of our coaching staff according to the post you responded to?


I'm just concerned about the basketball expertise on the staff, in terms of player development probably more than anything else. I don't think we've been great at developing talent.
_________________
http://forumblueandgold.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jun 2015
Posts: 136

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Kyle Kuzma Is Legit

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/11/laker-film-room-kyle-kuzma-legit/


GT, when JJ took KK down low and scored on a jumper in the lane , that was an offensive foul not called. He clearly hooked KK with an eldow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5553
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject:

He's the only untouchable on our team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2014
Posts: 2767

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Math wrote:
My favorite podcast so far. I liked that you guys a little more into the technical aspects of the game. It was educational.



And I hope you're wrong about our coaching staff. I'm sure you do too.


Oh, absolutely. And glad you enjoyed it.


Can you please provide a synopsis of our coaching staff according to the post you responded to?


I'm just concerned about the basketball expertise on the staff, in terms of player development probably more than anything else. I don't think we've been great at developing talent.


Hear you. A guy who I thought was really underrated is Larry Lewis. He worked w/Russell and some of our other young guards.

When we transitioned over to Luke, he was let go. If anything, I hope this Front Office spends money on the best coaches who develop young talent. We can be better in that area by a significant margin, IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Posts: 4812

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject:

foreveralakerfan wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Kyle Kuzma Is Legithttp://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/11/laker-film-room-kyle-kuzma-legit/
GT, when JJ took KK down low and scored on a jumper in the lane , that was an offensive foul not called. He clearly hooked KK with an eldow.
GT - great work

Enjoyed the video breaking down Kuzma's game

It will be exciting to watch him play during the regular season where he now has the attention of every coach and will be scouting his tendencies.

His maturity has enabled him to raise his Basketball IQ. With Kuzma being 2 years older than Ingram, the differences are showing

With Randle a physical beast, he still has various holes in his game. Nance has freakish athletic abilities, but his motor goes (surprisingly) off and on. Kuzma appears to have the better all-around game.

Big Game James shared that there are similarities between Kuzma and Kwahi Leonard. If only BI can be 50% of KD's effectiveness..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2834

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Math wrote:
My favorite podcast so far. I liked that you guys a little more into the technical aspects of the game. It was educational.



And I hope you're wrong about our coaching staff. I'm sure you do too.


Oh, absolutely. And glad you enjoyed it.


Can you please provide a synopsis of our coaching staff according to the post you responded to?


I'm just concerned about the basketball expertise on the staff, in terms of player development probably more than anything else. I don't think we've been great at developing talent.


Got it. I must admit that I'm starting to suspect that the staff as a whole was chosen on the basis of friendliness, rather than competency.

If that is/was the case, Luke will ultimately pay the price. Thanks GT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 14771
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Math wrote:
My favorite podcast so far. I liked that you guys a little more into the technical aspects of the game. It was educational.



And I hope you're wrong about our coaching staff. I'm sure you do too.


Oh, absolutely. And glad you enjoyed it.


Can you please provide a synopsis of our coaching staff according to the post you responded to?


I'm just concerned about the basketball expertise on the staff, in terms of player development probably more than anything else. I don't think we've been great at developing talent.


Hear you. A guy who I thought was really underrated is Larry Lewis. He worked w/Russell and some of our other young guards.

When we transitioned over to Luke, he was let go. If anything, I hope this Front Office spends money on the best coaches who develop young talent. We can be better in that area by a significant margin, IMO.


I thought the description of how Pop and the Spurs developed Kahwi Leonard and in what order they developed him was very interesting, particularly when contrasted to how BI was shoved into the 'team leader' and 'go-to scorer' role in the press a month ago.

Also a very interesting segment on seeing lots of Lakers making the same mistakes, such as overhelping down low and not chasing shooters off the 3 point line, if it's only one player making that mistake its on the player, but if it's everyone, that's on the coaching staff. Also, why on Earth is Randle STILL twisting on a 3 point shot in practice, somebody's grabbing rebounds and tossing it back to him but nobody's stopping him and having him reevaluate his foot placement, just letting him burn bad habits in. Yeah, player development needs to move up to a front seat here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 29224
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShQ4cjFB_ec

Go to the 6:21 mark if y'all want to hear a familiar voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiZdX5D1Tho

... and the 1:14 mark here...

Good going GT.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 34516

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:

My video/interview with Alex Caruso. This was my first chance to geek out with a Lakers player and he was great. Even if you don't usually watch my stuff, this one is pretty cool, hearing a player describe the way that they play the position.

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/14/laker-film-room-alex-caruso-plays-pg/
_________________
http://forumblueandgold.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 29224
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

^I've been all over the Lakers today (as my post above yours makes obvious). Already watched the video. I'm not sure I've heard a Lakers player get that deep into both offensive and defensive reads in years. Really great interview and makes me like Caruso even more.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 34516

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^I've been all over the Lakers today (as my post above yours makes obvious). Already watched the video. I'm not sure I've heard a Lakers player get that deep into both offensive and defensive reads in years. Really great interview and makes me like Caruso even more.


I'd like to get as many of them to go this in depth as possible throughout the season, but I suspect that Caruso's the exception to the rule. He really, really knows the game, son of a coach, etc.

Hoping to do a piece where Kuzma breaks down his spin move, but that may be tough. He isn't the warmest or cuddliest dude.
_________________
http://forumblueandgold.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 35363
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject:

That's what I'm talking about. This is what I wanted to hear as soon as I learned you got access.

For (bleeps) sake, it's really not that difficult to get them to talk details, right? It's pretty simple. Tell us what you are looking at in [fill in the blank] situation or what reads the coaches want you to make here. Drives me nuts that we don't get more (or any) of it from other reporters.

The video in addition to the conversation was great. Awesome work, GT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 10811

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

That interview was amazing. Awesome stuff, GT!
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 15143

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
That's what I'm talking about. This is what I wanted to hear as soon as I learned you got access.

For (bleeps) sake, it's really not that difficult to get them to talk details, right? It's pretty simple. Tell us what you are looking at in [fill in the blank] situation or what reads the coaches want you to make here. Drives me nuts that we don't get more (or any) of it from other reporters.

The video in addition to the conversation was great. Awesome work, GT.


The only stuff most reporters care about is; what kind of shoes is Lonzo wearing the next game?

Shame on you DB, thereís no time for detailed questions when we have pressing info like that to get out.
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 2284

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
That's what I'm talking about. This is what I wanted to hear as soon as I learned you got access.

For (bleeps) sake, it's really not that difficult to get them to talk details, right? It's pretty simple. Tell us what you are looking at in [fill in the blank] situation or what reads the coaches want you to make here. Drives me nuts that we don't get more (or any) of it from other reporters.

The video in addition to the conversation was great. Awesome work, GT.


The only stuff most reporters care about is; what kind of shoes is Lonzo wearing the next game?

Shame on you DB, thereís no time for detailed questions when we have pressing info like that to get out.


To be fair, Caruso was cool about it. Most athletes arenít usually that open and a lot of them arenít too fond of the media for various reasons.

Great job by GT to land a great, informative interview. Iím sure he gets the respect of players and coaches because he speaks the same language.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 34516

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
22 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
That's what I'm talking about. This is what I wanted to hear as soon as I learned you got access.

For (bleeps) sake, it's really not that difficult to get them to talk details, right? It's pretty simple. Tell us what you are looking at in [fill in the blank] situation or what reads the coaches want you to make here. Drives me nuts that we don't get more (or any) of it from other reporters.

The video in addition to the conversation was great. Awesome work, GT.


The only stuff most reporters care about is; what kind of shoes is Lonzo wearing the next game?

Shame on you DB, thereís no time for detailed questions when we have pressing info like that to get out.


To be fair, Caruso was cool about it. Most athletes arenít usually that open and a lot of them arenít too fond of the media for various reasons.

Great job by GT to land a great, informative interview. Iím sure he gets the respect of players and coaches because he speaks the same language.


I also prepped Caruso beforehand, telling him that I coached a bit of HS ball and that he could be as technical as he liked in his answers, because my audience would love that. I'm hoping that other players and coaches would welcome that as well, but I'm sure Caruso was on the far end of that scale, as a PG/coach's son.
_________________
http://forumblueandgold.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 1387

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
That's what I'm talking about. This is what I wanted to hear as soon as I learned you got access.

For (bleeps) sake, it's really not that difficult to get them to talk details, right? It's pretty simple. Tell us what you are looking at in [fill in the blank] situation or what reads the coaches want you to make here. Drives me nuts that we don't get more (or any) of it from other reporters.

The video in addition to the conversation was great. Awesome work, GT.


Couldn't agree more! Great job, GT. I found it very encouraging to hear about his discussion of Pick and Roll coverage because he mentioned what the coaches are emphasizing and how they as players are communicating. These are the sorts of comments that help assuage my fears about the coaching staff. Hopefully, the coaching staff is doing all their due diligence and effectively teaching the players so that they can make it happen on the court. Once the basic principles are in place, hopefully they can correct the other things like Randle's twisting shot.

I'm definitely on the Caruso bandwagon. I was at the last preseason game, and granted, Ennis had an awful game, but Caruso just brings a more dynamic energy when he's on the court. The other 4 pick up on that energy and play with more of a sense of urgency. Caruso makes things happen on the offensive end, while it seems like Ennis is just running around screens, hoping for the defense to make a mistake.
_________________
"I like looking at a guy's face when he realizes that even his best moves aren't going to work on me all night. They look depressed." - Ron Artest
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 14771
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
22 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
That's what I'm talking about. This is what I wanted to hear as soon as I learned you got access.

For (bleeps) sake, it's really not that difficult to get them to talk details, right? It's pretty simple. Tell us what you are looking at in [fill in the blank] situation or what reads the coaches want you to make here. Drives me nuts that we don't get more (or any) of it from other reporters.

The video in addition to the conversation was great. Awesome work, GT.


The only stuff most reporters care about is; what kind of shoes is Lonzo wearing the next game?

Shame on you DB, thereís no time for detailed questions when we have pressing info like that to get out.


To be fair, Caruso was cool about it. Most athletes arenít usually that open and a lot of them arenít too fond of the media for various reasons.

Great job by GT to land a great, informative interview. Iím sure he gets the respect of players and coaches because he speaks the same language.


I also prepped Caruso beforehand, telling him that I coached a bit of HS ball and that he could be as technical as he liked in his answers, because my audience would love that. I'm hoping that other players and coaches would welcome that as well, but I'm sure Caruso was on the far end of that scale, as a PG/coach's son.

I really liked your questions for Alex Caruso - and admire him for having the enthusiasm and willingness to talk details in such a thoughtful, well organized and intelligent manner. First hand insights. What he's looking for in a given situation, how the team is evolving in terms of communication, nuances on the pick and roll or on a fast break, and he doesn't just stop at the first line of defense and what they're going to do, but when the second wave of defense comes what to anticipate and how to react. Daaammm... Rather amazing depth of detail straight from the mind of someone playing NBA point guard for the first time. I also liked the film clips you found to show us what play or situation he's talking about.

That was great stuff GT!!

And props to Caruso too. He's making quite a few fans these days and he deserves it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 14771
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Vadorojo wrote:
I found it very encouraging to hear about his discussion of Pick and Roll coverage because he mentioned what the coaches are emphasizing and how they as players are communicating.


I couldn't agree more - I was thinking the same thing listening to this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 9652
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

GT doing god's work
_________________
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Stumpy25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Oct 2016
Posts: 284

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
22 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
That's what I'm talking about. This is what I wanted to hear as soon as I learned you got access.

For (bleeps) sake, it's really not that difficult to get them to talk details, right? It's pretty simple. Tell us what you are looking at in [fill in the blank] situation or what reads the coaches want you to make here. Drives me nuts that we don't get more (or any) of it from other reporters.

The video in addition to the conversation was great. Awesome work, GT.


The only stuff most reporters care about is; what kind of shoes is Lonzo wearing the next game?

Shame on you DB, thereís no time for detailed questions when we have pressing info like that to get out.


To be fair, Caruso was cool about it. Most athletes arenít usually that open and a lot of them arenít too fond of the media for various reasons.

Great job by GT to land a great, informative interview. Iím sure he gets the respect of players and coaches because he speaks the same language.


I also prepped Caruso beforehand, telling him that I coached a bit of HS ball and that he could be as technical as he liked in his answers, because my audience would love that. I'm hoping that other players and coaches would welcome that as well, but I'm sure Caruso was on the far end of that scale, as a PG/coach's son.

I really liked your questions for Alex Caruso - and admire him for having the enthusiasm and willingness to talk details in such a thoughtful, well organized and intelligent manner. First hand insights. What he's looking for in a given situation, how the team is evolving in terms of communication, nuances on the pick and roll or on a fast break, and he doesn't just stop at the first line of defense and what they're going to do, but when the second wave of defense comes what to anticipate and how to react. Daaammm... Rather amazing depth of detail straight from the mind of someone playing NBA point guard for the first time. I also liked the film clips you found to show us what play or situation he's talking about.

That was great stuff GT!!

And props to Caruso too. He's making quite a few fans these days and he deserves it.


Very early I said Caruso was very impressive and great addition to this team from the way he moves the ball and his high basketball IQ. I'm going to say that before January Caruso will be the back up point guard on this team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 10581
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
My video/interview with Alex Caruso. This was my first chance to geek out with a Lakers player and he was great. Even if you don't usually watch my stuff, this one is pretty cool, hearing a player describe the way that they play the position.

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/14/laker-film-room-alex-caruso-plays-pg/


Best basketball interview I've heard in ages. Keep it up.
_________________
Magic and Jeannie: you are now on the clock.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 34516

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Film Room Podcast - Season Preview

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/10/19/lakers-podcast-2017-18-lakers-season-preview/
_________________
http://forumblueandgold.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB