Laker Film Room (Pg. 58 - Video: How Isaiah Thomas Fits In w/the Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, IT has always played Huertas level D...really offers no resistance. That being said, Clarkson was pretty bad, for example...can you remember clarkson ever blocking a shot? Off the top of my head I canít (I know he did, just saying...very infrequent)

He isnít a great fit for us and isnít healthy, but itís not like we went out and made a trade for HIM....we traded for cap space and that 1st and IT was part of Clevelands dump. All good, he can hit shots and FTís....just have to make sure to play him along with some other solid team defenders I guess.
misterioso
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject:

That's some mighty fine video work on breaking down IT. I got a bunch of takeaways on what to look for in tonight's game.

I've watched maybe 4-5 of the Cav's death march games. He looks about 50% of the player he was last season.

It's apparent to me that when he's goes flatfooted, he can't push off, He can't accelerate and he lost his bounce. Did he come back too soon? Is he still playing with pain? If so, maybe he shouldn't play until after the break and use the opportuinty to get himself right physically. If it's a matter of strength, then maybe a week or two with Gunnar might do him so good.

Great breakdown on the defense (or lack of). In complete agreement with the LFR video, he sucks on D even when healthy. Now that Nance is gone and it's now Frye or Zubac (and maybe Bryant if and when he gets PT) rotating over, the baseline defense won't be as good. It becomes even more pressure for the 2nd unit to not give up the blow-bys, but unfortunately, IT has never been able to stop his man, healthy or otherwise.

That's not to say IT can't fit in. Lou Williams sucks on D, but offsets it with buckets. IT needs to do the same. If he can't, then he should take a seat until he gets his physical conditioning back in order.

Until then, I have no problem with BI and Caruso as the primary ball-handlers until Zo comes back.
Car54
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

misterioso wrote:
That's some mighty fine video work on breaking down IT. I got a bunch of takeaways on what to look for in tonight's game.

I've watched maybe 4-5 of the Cav's death march games. He looks about 50% of the player he was last season.

It's apparent to me that when he's goes flatfooted, he can't push off, He can't accelerate and he lost his bounce. Did he come back too soon? Is he still playing with pain? If so, maybe he shouldn't play until after the break and use the opportuinty to get himself right physically. If it's a matter of strength, then maybe a week or two with Gunnar might do him so good.

Great breakdown on the defense (or lack of). In complete agreement with the LFR video, he sucks on D even when healthy. Now that Nance is gone and it's now Frye or Zubac (and maybe Bryant if and when he gets PT) rotating over, the baseline defense won't be as good. It becomes even more pressure for the 2nd unit to not give up the blow-bys, but unfortunately, IT has never been able to stop his man, healthy or otherwise.

That's not to say IT can't fit in. Lou Williams sucks on D, but offsets it with buckets. IT needs to do the same. If he can't, then he should take a seat until he gets his physical conditioning back in order.

Until then, I have no problem with BI and Caruso as the primary ball-handlers until Zo comes back.

It worked in Boston
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
misterioso wrote:

It worked in Boston

And no where else
bevwenz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
misterioso wrote:

It worked in Boston

Not nearly as well as legend had it, and Ainge knew it well before the unfortunate hip issues. The absolute career best of IT was last year in Boston, in the 4th quarter in particular. Yet, PRIOR to his hip issue, thru Jan. of last year, the Celtics and their main core players actually fared WORSE with IT on the court, with an absolutely brutal impact on their defensive ratings.

IT on court vs. off court 4th quarter Defensive rating;

Al Horford 128.4, 96.2 NET: -32.2
Avery Bradley 121.5, 100.7 NET: -20.8
Jae Crowder 123.4, 84.0 NET: -39.4
Marcus Smart 124.4, 90.3 NET: -34.4
Amir Johnson 118.5, 85.5 NET: -33
Kelly Olynyk 120.8, 93.9 NET: -27.8

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/celtics-isaiah-thomas-is-a-fourth-quarter-killer-but-which-team-is-he-killing/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59
Page 59 of 59
Jump to: