Laker Film Room (Pg. 73 - Video: The Lakers' Rebounding Struggles)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36644

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
It’s gonna be a busy year for me, but I'll be producing a lot more content. This is the projected weekly schedule:

1 deep-dive analysis piece for The Athletic
2 two-minute videos for Silver Screen & Roll
1 YouTube vid
2 Locked on Lakers Podcasts
1 Laker Film Room Podcast


Wait... did you mean that's what you'll be doing EVERY week?! I had to re-read that since at first I thought you meant that's what you're doing just for one week and then moving on to something exclusive.


That's the plan for every week. I'm crazy busy, probably working 70 hours a week right now. I'm sure some weeks I won't be able to hit that mark but I'm gonna try.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 May 2008
Posts: 1359

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Video - Lakers Draft: Mitchell Robinson Scouting Report

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/6/4/17418252/la-lakers-nba-draft-mitchell-robinson-scouting-report


pete, good work!
btw congrats on the athletic gig ...
Remember ... you shine like a Sun, cuz you are one!!!


Last edited by Killakobe81 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2003
Posts: 1264
Location: Lost Angeles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

Congrats. Really enjoy your content but I feel like we just traded away
Lonzo Ball- GT
The 25th pick- Oram
Luol Deng- The Kam Bros


GoldenThroat wrote:
I’m excited to be joining The Athletic along with the Kamenetzky Brothers & Bill Oram as we launch our Lakers' coverage. I’ll be providing one deep-dive per week that will integrate written & video analysis.

We're offering 30% off + a free t-shirt if you sign up through this link.

http://theathletic.com/LAexpansion

It’s gonna be a busy year for me, but I'll be producing a lot more content. This is the projected weekly schedule:

1 deep-dive analysis piece for The Athletic
2 two-minute videos for Silver Screen & Roll
1 YouTube vid
2 Locked on Lakers Podcasts
1 Laker Film Room Podcast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1617

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

Just subbed for a year. Good luck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36644

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
Just subbed for a year. Good luck!


Fantastic, thank you so much.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 7704

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

that purple and gold t shirt looks pretty nice - might have to sign up
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2009
Posts: 5715

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Do students get a free shirt too?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36644

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Arbitrary wrote:
Do students get a free shirt too?


Haha, I don't think so.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36644

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

I'll be on Mason & Ireland tomorrow at 12:30pm to talk about the 25th pick, if anyone's interested.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 14259

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
It’s gonna be a busy year for me, but I'll be producing a lot more content. This is the projected weekly schedule:

1 deep-dive analysis piece for The Athletic
2 two-minute videos for Silver Screen & Roll
1 YouTube vid
2 Locked on Lakers Podcasts
1 Laker Film Room Podcast


Wait... did you mean that's what you'll be doing EVERY week?! I had to re-read that since at first I thought you meant that's what you're doing just for one week and then moving on to something exclusive.


That's the plan for every week. I'm crazy busy, probably working 70 hours a week right now. I'm sure some weeks I won't be able to hit that mark but I'm gonna try.


A very deserving congratulations. That's a pretty busy schedule. Add in the time wasted on this site chatting with us newbs and you're looking at no sleep.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 31874
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I'll be on Mason & Ireland tomorrow at 12:30pm to talk about the 25th pick, if anyone's interested.


That was a fast call back. Pretty cool. I'm sure we'll all be tuned in.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36644

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I'll be on Mason & Ireland tomorrow at 12:30pm to talk about the 25th pick, if anyone's interested.


That was a fast call back. Pretty cool. I'm sure we'll all be tuned in.


Part of the value of The Athletic gig is to "legitimize" me. Makes me sound like I'm not just some dude even though I'm totally just some dude.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 722

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject:

I think its a great idea I absolutely love longform journalism and Lakers based longform journalism sound perfect. It's only £2 something a month over here in the UK too so that's very reasonable compared to other sites...

I don't get a free t-shirt however.

Dealbreaker.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2001
Posts: 19186

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I'll be on Mason & Ireland tomorrow at 12:30pm to talk about the 25th pick, if anyone's interested.
NOOIICE, I'll be sure to listen
_________________
Ringo "You retired too?"
Doc "Not me, I'm in my prime."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36644

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject:

Podcast: Lakers Draft Preview w/Cole Zwicker

https://soundcloud.com/user-456873398/lakers-draft-preview
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36644

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

Lakers Draft Preview, Part 2

https://theathletic.com/399401/2018/06/20/laker-film-room-three-who-should-be-available-at-no-25/
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 6147

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I'll be on Mason & Ireland tomorrow at 12:30pm to talk about the 25th pick, if anyone's interested.


That was a fast call back. Pretty cool. I'm sure we'll all be tuned in.


Part of the value of The Athletic gig is to "legitimize" me. Makes me sound like I'm not just some dude even though I'm totally just some dude.


if an org is willing to pay you for your services, that means you're legitimizing them as much as they're legitimizing you - don't get it twisted Pete! your Lakers fan bona fides are unquestioned and for a sports journalism outlet trying to get LA eyeballs, that's priceless.

just subscribed through your link. congrats!
_________________
this summer we settle of all family business
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36644

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

I've had the followed content released today:

-Part 2 of The Athletic draft preview
-Locked on Lakers Podcast
-Laker Film Room Podcast
-Anfernee Simons video for Silver Screen & Roll

...and I'll be on Mason & Ireland at 12:30pm. I am le tired.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36644

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I'll be on Mason & Ireland tomorrow at 12:30pm to talk about the 25th pick, if anyone's interested.


That was a fast call back. Pretty cool. I'm sure we'll all be tuned in.


Part of the value of The Athletic gig is to "legitimize" me. Makes me sound like I'm not just some dude even though I'm totally just some dude.


if an org is willing to pay you for your services, that means you're legitimizing them as much as they're legitimizing you - don't get it twisted Pete! your Lakers fan bona fides are unquestioned and for a sports journalism outlet trying to get LA eyeballs, that's priceless.

just subscribed through your link. congrats!


Oh for sure, it works both ways. But a bigger publication helps when someone isn't as familiar with me, and gives me cred upon introduction. There are still a lot of Laker fans who aren't familiar with me or my work.

ESPN being able to say "And now joining us from The Athletic, Pete Zayas" instead of "from Laker Film Room" has value to them too, to make it sound like they aren't just having some random dude on there. I'll get more of these types of opportunities because I work for a recognized outlet now.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 6147

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I'll be on Mason & Ireland tomorrow at 12:30pm to talk about the 25th pick, if anyone's interested.


That was a fast call back. Pretty cool. I'm sure we'll all be tuned in.


Part of the value of The Athletic gig is to "legitimize" me. Makes me sound like I'm not just some dude even though I'm totally just some dude.


if an org is willing to pay you for your services, that means you're legitimizing them as much as they're legitimizing you - don't get it twisted Pete! your Lakers fan bona fides are unquestioned and for a sports journalism outlet trying to get LA eyeballs, that's priceless.

just subscribed through your link. congrats!


Oh for sure, it works both ways. But a bigger publication helps when someone isn't as familiar with me, and gives me cred upon introduction. There are still a lot of Laker fans who aren't familiar with me or my work.

ESPN being able to say "And now joining us from The Athletic, Pete Zayas" instead of "from Laker Film Room" has value to them too, to make it sound like they aren't just having some random dude on there. I'll get more of these types of opportunities because I work for a recognized outlet now.


yeah i totally get that point. just trying to be your hype man over here, don't mind me.
_________________
this summer we settle of all family business
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36644

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
yeah i totally get that point. just trying to be your hype man over here, don't mind me.


Haha, and I appreciate that.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36644

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

So I got Mychal Thompson mad at me for not thinking DeAndre Ayton should be the #1 pick today.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2003
Posts: 16511

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
So I got Mychal Thompson mad at me for not thinking DeAndre Ayton should be the #1 pick today.


As soon as you said that you'd pick someone other than Ayton at #1, I knew Mychal was going to freak out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2001
Posts: 19186

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
So I got Mychal Thompson mad at me for not thinking DeAndre Ayton should be the #1 pick today.
Good stuff GT.
_________________
Ringo "You retired too?"
Doc "Not me, I'm in my prime."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36644

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
So I got Mychal Thompson mad at me for not thinking DeAndre Ayton should be the #1 pick today.


As soon as you said that you'd pick someone other than Ayton at #1, I knew Mychal was going to freak out.


I totally forgot about the Bahamian connection until Mychal said that and I was like OH NO.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 61 of 73
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB