Laker Film Room (Pg. 71 - Video: JaVale McGee gives the Lakers a vertical threat)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2003
Posts: 16483

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
DK wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I'll be on Mason & Ireland at 1pm today to discuss the Lakers' draft.


2nd appearance in last 10 days; really hope you're becoming a regular for them. Congrats Pete!


Thanks to all of you guys! Several folks have reached out to their producer to advocate for me, including RCS & LakerSanity and I believe a few others. Everyone has made such an impression that he told me the other day "dude, you have a RABID fan base."

They plan on having me on as a regular going forward.


That's unexpected. Glad to know that we're wearing them down Steve Urkel style.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 16112

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
DK wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I'll be on Mason & Ireland at 1pm today to discuss the Lakers' draft.


2nd appearance in last 10 days; really hope you're becoming a regular for them. Congrats Pete!


Thanks to all of you guys! Several folks have reached out to their producer to advocate for me, including RCS & LakerSanity and I believe a few others. Everyone has made such an impression that he told me the other day "dude, you have a RABID fan base."

They plan on having me on as a regular going forward.


That's unexpected. Glad to know that we're wearing them down Steve Urkel style.


I love this reference. Family Matters was one of my favorite shows growing up. "I'm wearing you down, Baby. I'm wearing you down."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 31705
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject:

GT, listened to you on Mase/Ireland - great job as always. A thought though - you mentioned working on the Mo Wagner video. I actually think Wagner and Ingram could develop some chemistry rather quickly in the same way Ingram has with Brook.

If you agree, it would be interesting I think to use those types of plays as a reference for Mo. Hate to suggest more work on your plate, but it would be interesting to see if there are plays at Michigan which mirror those Ingram/Lopez pick & pops, kick outs or secondary break spot ups to put Wagner's role into context.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Rek
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 1780
Location: SoCal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Congrats Pete - getting some well-deserved recognition of late. Just keep doing you. Nice to see people in the NBA reporting scene taking some notice of your efforts and quality of content.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36960

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
GT, listened to you on Mase/Ireland - great job as always. A thought though - you mentioned working on the Mo Wagner video. I actually think Wagner and Ingram could develop some chemistry rather quickly in the same way Ingram has with Brook.

If you agree, it would be interesting I think to use those types of plays as a reference for Mo. Hate to suggest more work on your plate, but it would be interesting to see if there are plays at Michigan which mirror those Ingram/Lopez pick & pops, kick outs or secondary break spot ups to put Wagner's role into context.


Yeah, I plan on incorporating that in the context of the drop coverages that Brandon & Lonzo face on pick & rolls.

And any ideas you have for angles I can use are always appreciated.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 16898
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Good to see you back on Mason and Ireland, although it doesn't surprise me one bit after the feedback I saw.

Great job, keep it up man!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 16898
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
Congrats Pete - getting some well-deserved recognition of late. Just keep doing you. Nice to see people in the NBA reporting scene taking some notice of your efforts and quality of content.


This is key.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 13178
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!


_________________
COMEUPPANCE FOR THE SPURS IS NIGH!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 24268

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Anyone have a time stamp on Gt's part of the interview?

*edit* - Duh , should have read the description on ESPN site.
_________________
Never wanted him anyways! Bron/Kawhi 2019!!! Choo Choo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 24268

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!


_________________
Never wanted him anyways! Bron/Kawhi 2019!!! Choo Choo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2003
Posts: 16483

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

Can't wait for GT to drop the Moe Wagner vid! Hope we don't get too attached to this kid especially since he's still a trade candidate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36960

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject:

Here's a quick Bonga video. The Wagner video will be out at 11:00am PST.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/6/25/17500244/laker-film-room-isaac-bonga-la-lakers-summer-league-las-vegas-sacramento-german-germany
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 6105

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

that is one of the more broken jumpers I've seen in a long time

really like his ambidexterity with his handle and pass though, and the obvious physical tools are nice. the downhill stuff is really great too.

BI vs Bonga in a "next Giannis" face off to be the future of the Lakers.
_________________
this summer we settle of all family business
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36960

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:


_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 12453
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:


Thanks GT
_________________
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 31705
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
that is one of the more broken jumpers I've seen in a long time

really like his ambidexterity with his handle and pass though, and the obvious physical tools are nice. the downhill stuff is really great too.

BI vs Bonga in a "next Giannis" face off to be the future of the Lakers.


You have to wonder if his lack of explosion has to do with his physical growth curve and that he's a late developer. If he's still growing (or just stopped), it makes sense that his muscles haven't caught up to his bones, if that makes sense. I think we've seen that same kind of later life athleticism from other athletes who grew really quickly, and then suddenly got super athletic once they stopped growing. Hope that's the case with him and his "below the rim" play. That being said, we could find out in the near future he's 25 years old right now and it wouldn't surprise me.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jun 2015
Posts: 160

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

Great stuff as akwayz GT.

On D, it looks lt look like he spreads his legs too far apart one on one - maybe that can be adjusted.

Also, reminds me a little of a young Dirk - not sure if you see that too, mainly on offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 1408
Location: Zürich

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
that is one of the more broken jumpers I've seen in a long time

really like his ambidexterity with his handle and pass though, and the obvious physical tools are nice. the downhill stuff is really great too.

BI vs Bonga in a "next Giannis" face off to be the future of the Lakers.


You have to wonder if his lack of explosion has to do with his physical growth curve and that he's a late developer. If he's still growing (or just stopped), it makes sense that his muscles haven't caught up to his bones, if that makes sense. I think we've seen that same kind of later life athleticism from other athletes who grew really quickly, and then suddenly got super athletic once they stopped growing. Hope that's the case with him and his "below the rim" play. That being said, we could find out in the near future he's 25 years old right now and it wouldn't surprise me.


Considering he was born and raised in Germany, I would be very surprised.
_________________
Lonzo-Ingram-Randle-Kuzma.

Keep them together!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 31705
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
that is one of the more broken jumpers I've seen in a long time

really like his ambidexterity with his handle and pass though, and the obvious physical tools are nice. the downhill stuff is really great too.

BI vs Bonga in a "next Giannis" face off to be the future of the Lakers.


You have to wonder if his lack of explosion has to do with his physical growth curve and that he's a late developer. If he's still growing (or just stopped), it makes sense that his muscles haven't caught up to his bones, if that makes sense. I think we've seen that same kind of later life athleticism from other athletes who grew really quickly, and then suddenly got super athletic once they stopped growing. Hope that's the case with him and his "below the rim" play. That being said, we could find out in the near future he's 25 years old right now and it wouldn't surprise me.


Considering he was born and raised in Germany, I would be very surprised.


Me too if that's the case. I thought I had read from someone here he was born in the Congo. If not, my bad. Still looks older than he is though.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 16898
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Great recap on Wagner GT! Pretty clear Mo's got a lot going for him on offense, on setting picks, boxing out, and recovering on P&R coverage, and a few significant cons on lack of strength or ability to get above and protect the rim, and also with anticipation/recognition on defense. I think the biggest intangible Mo has going for him is effort. That more than anything else has me looking forward to seeing him play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 6105

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

i LOVE mo's footwork.

wow
_________________
this summer we settle of all family business
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 1408
Location: Zürich

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
that is one of the more broken jumpers I've seen in a long time

really like his ambidexterity with his handle and pass though, and the obvious physical tools are nice. the downhill stuff is really great too.

BI vs Bonga in a "next Giannis" face off to be the future of the Lakers.


You have to wonder if his lack of explosion has to do with his physical growth curve and that he's a late developer. If he's still growing (or just stopped), it makes sense that his muscles haven't caught up to his bones, if that makes sense. I think we've seen that same kind of later life athleticism from other athletes who grew really quickly, and then suddenly got super athletic once they stopped growing. Hope that's the case with him and his "below the rim" play. That being said, we could find out in the near future he's 25 years old right now and it wouldn't surprise me.


Considering he was born and raised in Germany, I would be very surprised.


Me too if that's the case. I thought I had read from someone here he was born in the Congo. If not, my bad. Still looks older than he is though.


I'm trusting Wikipedia, his parents immigrated to Germany in early 90's and he was born in the city of Neuwied.
_________________
Lonzo-Ingram-Randle-Kuzma.

Keep them together!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cathy78
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Posts: 890

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

After the GTs video I really like him. Passion, good footwork, no broken jumper. I think defense might never be his strength, but I can see good coaching can make him very serviceable. German work-ethic might be a bonus.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 9674

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
i LOVE mo's footwork.

wow


I'd love to hear your thoughts on the pick. I've warmed up w/concerns and all on D, but GT's vid actually made me feel more optimistic. Damn I love his handle
_________________
Fave 5 at 25: Isaac Bonga, Isaac Bonga, Isaac Bonga, Isaac Bonga, Isaac Bonga
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Sep 2007
Posts: 2684

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

His frame and movements remind me of a former Laker, Mitch Kupchak!

Here's proof!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNl4_tN4qfk
_________________
The road back to the top...


Last edited by kentu_tiro on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 67 of 71
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB