Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
New Podcast - A Clearer Picture of What We Have

https://www.almightyballer.com/laker-film-room-ep-32-evaluating-the-lakers-roster-post-summer-league/

First podcast I've been able to listen to. I definitely need to start listening to more.

I love hearing your enthusiasm for Ball. I agree that he's going to immediately affect the offense especially in terms of the pace we will be playing at. We were 6th in pace last year, but I think that's because we put up a lot of quick shots as opposed to getting out in transition early and often. Due to our inefficient offense, the fast-paced offense led to a 23rd ranking in offensive rating. I expect the Lakers to improve considerably in that area next season.

I also agree that BI is our x-factor. He is the only guy on the roster who can create consistently good shots for himself. We don't need him to be iso'ing all the time, but having a guy with that ability is important no matter what kind of offense we run.

As for whether BI can be a guy who thrives in a Lonzo-type offense, I agree with Darius that BI (along with Randle) is going to thrive in situations where Lonzo throws those forward passes, and BI will have a full head of steam with an open court to create scoring opportunities for himself and others.

I'm hoping that BI sitting out most of the SPL and watching the team from sidelines helped him understand how he can maximize his scoring opportunities off the ball in a Lonzo-led offense. IMO, it was a blessing in disguise that BI was sidelined because it allowed Lonzo to shape the identity of the offense. I'm not sure it would have happened the same with BI being the focal point of the offense. With Lonzo establishing the offensive identity of the team and the results speaking for themselves, I'm hoping BI adjusts the focus of his offseason training accordingly.
TylersLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Any idea why the new Lonzo video currently isn't working? Was looking forward to viewing that!
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject:

TylersLakers wrote:
Any idea why the new Lonzo video currently isn't working? Was looking forward to viewing that!

https://vimeo.com/226048912

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject:

GT, I really liked what you said about developing Lonzo "as a 30 point scorer". If he can score the ball consistently in the half-court to go along with his generational skills (both passing and scoring to a lesser extent) in transition, he's a perennial MVP candidate caliber player.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Darius made a good point about this brand of ball causing "a hint of panic" in defenses --- and that reminds me of the disagreement that me and @ocho had about what level of a lane-filler and transition attacker Ingram can be. From what I've seen, 6'9+ players attacking in transition, cause that panic from defenses, they over-react or don't know when to help because bigger players eat up the floor faster w strides. I'm referencing this all in the sphere of Lonzo kick-aheads, we saw them connect on it twice in SL -- Ingram has an innate ability of slithering in the lane when attacking in space. His transition advanced stats are poor, but they're just frequency stats I believe.

My point is, I think Ingram is going to be a monsstttter attacking and running the wing with advance passes from Lonzo. Plus Ingram is a good enough passer where, it'll only take him garnering a little gravity driving, to where he can kick to the next player to get an advantage --- so even if you don't trust him getting all the way to the rim on that play, for some reason - I think he'd be great as a secondary passer.

I would bet the house on that connection being amaaazing in transition.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Darius made a good point about this brand of ball causing "a hint of panic" in defenses --- and that reminds me of the disagreement that me and @ocho had about what level of a lane-filler and transition attacker Ingram can be. From what I've seen, 6'9+ players attacking in transition, cause that panic from defenses, they over-react or don't know when to help because bigger players eat up the floor faster w strides. I'm referencing this all in the sphere of Lonzo kick-aheads, we saw them connect on it twice in SL -- Ingram has an innate ability of slithering in the lane when attacking in space. His transition advanced stats are poor, but they're just frequency stats I believe.

My point is, I think Ingram is going to be a monsstttter attacking and running the wing with advance passes from Lonzo. Plus Ingram is a good enough passer where, it'll only take him garnering a little gravity driving, to where he can kick to the next player to get an advantage --- so even if you don't trust him getting all the way to the rim on that play, for some reason - I think he'd be great as a secondary passer.

Mmmmm, Lonzo to Ingram to Randle/Nance/Kuzma/KCP

Oh yeah. Oh yeah.
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:

The Man tryna keep me down fam

GT, what ever happened to the project with the NBA? IIRC you were working on something that would allow you better access to their video archives as some sort of fan-content generation campaign?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Mmmmm, Lonzo to Ingram to Randle/Nance/Kuzma/KCP

Oh yeah. Oh yeah.

yeup.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
They took down the YouTube link of Lonzo's passing. Here's an alternative link.

https://vimeo.com/226048912

I found this video on a Sporting News link! Great job, GT, so happy for all the attention you've received!
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
cmonkee wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:

The Man tryna keep me down fam

GT, what ever happened to the project with the NBA? IIRC you were working on something that would allow you better access to their video archives as some sort of fan-content generation campaign?

It was a mess, dude. The short version of the story is that they were only going to let the people who were part of that project access a tiny part of their footage. Top 10 Highlights, "Phantom Cam" (super slow-mo stuff), and a couple of other snippets. No full games.

I wasn't really the type of content creator who suited that program but the talent acquisition guy wanted to try to cram me into it anyway. It's for the best that it didn't work out.

Ah, gotcha. Sounds like they wanted the opposite of what you've done with LFR
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I think the same goes for Randle if he's willing to run the floor. He's frighteningly fast when he wants to be in transition, but we really only see that speed when he rebounds a miss. I want to see him fill the lane, get a forward pass from Lonzo somewhere past the halfcourt line and just make the defense wet themselves as they see a 250 pound big coming at them at breakneck speed. Randle is good enough as a secondary passer as well to be a monster in these situations.

Our transition attack should be amazing with Lonzo passing it ahead to BI and Randle. Those guys just need to make sure they run hard to fill those lanes. KCP will most certainly do this, but our transition attack will be more intimidating with two 6'9"+ players who are capable of attacking and creating in transition.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I think the same goes for Randle if he's willing to run the floor. He's frighteningly fast when he wants to be in transition, but we really only see that speed when he rebounds a miss. I want to see him fill the lane, get a forward pass from Lonzo somewhere past the halfcourt line and just make the defense wet themselves as they see a 250 pound big coming at them at breakneck speed. Randle is good enough as a secondary passer as well to be a monster in these situations.

Our transition attack should be amazing with Lonzo passing it ahead to BI and Randle. Those guys just need to make sure they run hard to fill those lanes. KCP will most certainly do this, but our transition attack will be more intimidating with two 6'9"+ players who are capable of attacking and creating in transition.

dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject:

mans trying to keep his talent a secret
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yup, Randle definitely has a chance to be amazing running off of Lonzo. He's as fast as it gets at PF. KCP will be great at it too. We're surrounding Lonzo with some really conducive pieces, should be fun
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject:

what have you done
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yup, Randle definitely has a chance to be amazing running off of Lonzo. He's as fast as it gets at PF. KCP will be great at it too. We're surrounding Lonzo with some really conducive pieces, should be fun

"Speed kills". That's one of those old sayings I recall. Most recently heard it out of the mouth of a speed demon himself, Fox in Sacramento. Randle is very fast, BI, when he gets those long, loping strides going, is perfect on the other side.

But wait, there's more. KCP will be, if necessary, a trailer who can & will attack the rim with malicious intent. Then you've got Ball with those insane setups. But wait there's more. Kuzma & Nance coming off the bench will give Ball a fresh pair of wings to fill the lanes.

But wait there's more. There's a kind of negative tone toward him, but Jordan Clarkson is still a very gifted athlete. Still young. And just might really flourish with Ball, who can play with practically anyone.

But wait there's more. We'll have a 7ft center who hit the most 3ptrs of all the centers in the league trailing those winged finishers.

Not seeing everything through rose colored glasses, but this so much better than recent years, and it's happened quickly.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

Here's to hoping he heeds your advice and gets to work coming off of those screens so he can get some time in at SF.

Another winner, GT.

True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

I love him in the pick n pop.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Thanks. He has good footwork. Love that spin move.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject:

As always, excellent stuff GT.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject:

Wow, Tania is such a great guest, she might be the best Lakers reporter outside of Trudell to speak the truth on the Lakers in a podcast like this. Comparing her to how Medina has sounded on podcasts before, she's running circles around him in competency
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject:

throat, i'm having trouble subbing on itunes. "the provided link is not a valid podcast".
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

GT. What are your thoughts when Tania talked about the Russell trade and the reasonings?
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
throat, i'm having trouble subbing on itunes. "the provided link is not a valid podcast".

Thanks for the heads up. We had a couple of changes recently. I'll look into it.

itunes throwin shots

44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
True Lakers Fan wrote:
GT. What are your thoughts when Tania talked about the Russell trade and the reasonings?

The biggest surprise to me was that it didn't seem like playing Russell & Lonzo together was seriously considered, which is really disappointing. I can't speak to the reasons why, but being ready to move on from a kid who was your most productive young player either speaks to 1) how difficult he was to be around, 2) how much damage the Nick Young situation did, 3) really rigid ideas on positions, 4) some combination of the others.

If playing them together wasn't really a consideration and it was a Russell OR Lonzo question to them, it would explain a lot, even if I REALLY disagree with that POV.

i think taken in context of the entirety of our offseason's moves, i'm inclined to trust the FO on their assessment of Russell. there isn't really anything that i disagree with as far as what they've done so far this offseason so i tentatively trust that what they did with DLo was in the team's best interest
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 26 of 93
Jump to: