QFTOS -- #17 Edition: Celtics fans
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject: QFTOS -- #17 Edition: Celtics fans

From RealGM Celtics' board:

Quote:
Lebron needs to retire. Or decline. Or be shot into Mars.

2012 - came back from being down 2-3 to beat Celtics in ECF
2012 - lured Ray Allen to Miami, essentially ending Big 3 era
2015 - swept an IT-led Celtics in round 1
2017 - beat an IT-less Celtics in the ECF, 4-1
2017 - injured Gordon Hayward 1st five minutes into his Celtics career
2018 - came back from being down 2-3 to beat Celtics in ECF
2018 - orchestrated Anthony Davis' trade demand to the Lakers
2020 - led Lakers to tie titles w/ Celtics

Or better yet, our franchise needs to nut up and MAKE HIM RETIRE WITH A FINALS LOSS.

Quote:
Look at it whichever way you want, but at least on the NBA official records, the Celtics and Lakers are balanced at 17-17 for world titles.

This is not excellent news. What do we do to combat this? Does ownership even care? Who wins the next one to put them over the top?

(I believe it's bogus to count the other championships as I've stated many times, but rules are rules)

Quote:
Rondo getting another ring is the only thing good about the lakers winning. He deserves it. I guarantee the celtics championship meant more to him though.

Quote:
Rondo can suck a big one how about that?

Quote:
TheBomb81 wrote:
Quote:
Are you happy to see Rondo win another championship?

Whoever said there are no stupid questions will change his mind if he reads your post

Quote:
**** Rondo all the way up his ass. Sell out (bleep).

Quote:
Pretty cool league we have where collusion determines 80% of championships.

Quote:
I love.rondo but, gross

Quote:
I knew the Lakers would win tonight. My parents accidentally smashed my souvenir Boston Tea Muesuem and Ship cup that I got when I visited Boston with my ex 5 years ago. It's a bad omen all around

Code:
We’re winning next year, guaranteed.

Quote:
Good lord the balance has been achieved. Fuuuuuu

Quote:
Now all i need for 2020 to be worse is for the dodgers to win the championship with mookie. Ughhhhh

Quote:
Give credit to the lakers. They were built for this. Lebron and Rondo were the best leaders you could have in the playoffs. They have a well balanced lineup. More than enough to compete with anybody. Danny needs to step up this off season

Quote:
The lakers have won 3 championships since our last championship........damn.

Quote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Quote:
Yes, they have lebron but let’s remember this next time a star is available who “hasn’t won or led a team anywhere in the playoffs”....great players will rise to the top when they get to play with other elite level players and or organizations who know what they are doing.

Kg, ad, that’s why young gamble on that superstar hof level talent

Except maybe Paul George

Last edited by 20,000 on Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Noice!!

Some classy ones too: e.g.,

Quote:
Give credit to the lakers. They were built for this. Lebron and Rondo were the best leaders you could have in the playoffs. They have a well balanced lineup. More than enough to compete with anybody. Danny needs to step up this off season

Stay classy Chowderheads!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The lakers have won 3 championships since our last championship........damn

I love it!!!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Oh, forgot to say, "Thanks! 20K"
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Oh, forgot to say, "Thanks! 20K"

Ditto . . . and check out Celticsstrong!
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Well done 20,000. Thank you
KobeGOATMambaRIP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject:

I found some more but I don't have posting privileges yet. Hope its ok if I leave some here. Very salty and defensive reactions so far:

Celtics Blog

Quote:
It kind of hurts that 2 key members of the big three era (Ray and Rondo) could only get a second ring playing with Lebron.

Quote:
The easiest title LeBron has won. The only team with two top 5 players on it so no surprise.

Quote:
Whatever. It's tied at 17. That won't matter as long as we're the first ones to #18 soon (please...) 8)

Really hope Ainge actually gets to work and builds a bench. And if we're going to rely on the Rockets' system of living and dying by the 3, actually go get the personal to do that, because having guys like Ojeyele coming off the bench bricking 3s isn't going to cut it. Smart's a streaky shooter but again, that's not a winning formula having him shoot a bunch of 3s. Get some sharpshooters similar to how PHI got guys like Reddick, Belinelli, etc. a few years ago. Make moves.

Quote:
I blame our team and the Clips for choking so hard.

Quote:
So this is it huh. The closeout game and the Lakers winning banner 17 just like that.

Terrible

Quote:
Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson both look so pathetic out there. Only the Celtics can make them look like Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. Can't believe these two lighted the C's up.

Quote:
Was a good run for Miami. Injuries just killed them and it looks like the Lakers will win it tonight.

Whatever. It was expected for a while now. NBA ratings are down a ton and there's reasons why :

Quote:
It's clear even Bam isn't 100% and he's looked pedestrian this series. Lakers really had such an easy path to the Finals ultimately after the 2nd round. Ugh wish the Clippers didn't choke.

I mean imagine if Bam wasn't 100% and Dragic got hurt in our series with Miami (not that I wish it btw!). Celtics even with their flaws would have won it in 5-6 games easy.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Celtics tears... Delicious...
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject:

KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
I found some more but I don't have posting privileges yet. Hope its ok if I leave some here. Very salty and defensive reactions so far:

Celtics Blog

Quote:
It kind of hurts that 2 key members of the big three era (Ray and Rondo) could only get a second ring playing with Lebron.

Quote:
The easiest title LeBron has won. The only team with two top 5 players on it so no surprise.

Quote:
Whatever. It's tied at 17. That won't matter as long as we're the first ones to #18 soon (please...) 8)

Really hope Ainge actually gets to work and builds a bench. And if we're going to rely on the Rockets' system of living and dying by the 3, actually go get the personal to do that, because having guys like Ojeyele coming off the bench bricking 3s isn't going to cut it. Smart's a streaky shooter but again, that's not a winning formula having him shoot a bunch of 3s. Get some sharpshooters similar to how PHI got guys like Reddick, Belinelli, etc. a few years ago. Make moves.

Quote:
I blame our team and the Clips for choking so hard.

Quote:
So this is it huh. The closeout game and the Lakers winning banner 17 just like that.

Terrible

Quote:
Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson both look so pathetic out there. Only the Celtics can make them look like Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. Can't believe these two lighted the C's up.

Quote:
Was a good run for Miami. Injuries just killed them and it looks like the Lakers will win it tonight.

Whatever. It was expected for a while now. NBA ratings are down a ton and there's reasons why :

Quote:
It's clear even Bam isn't 100% and he's looked pedestrian this series. Lakers really had such an easy path to the Finals ultimately after the 2nd round. Ugh wish the Clippers didn't choke.

I mean imagine if Bam wasn't 100% and Dragic got hurt in our series with Miami (not that I wish it btw!). Celtics even with their flaws would have won it in 5-6 games easy.

These are great!! Thanks for adding them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Now THIS is the place to gloat.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:01 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers land Giannis, these clowns will quit watching basketball.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: QFTOS -- #17 Edition: Celtics fans

Quote:

Better than that over the past 24 years the lakers have won 8 championships to the Celtics 1.
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:53 am    Post subject:

Cant wait to hear Simmons podcast next time around. Their salty tears are champagne.
apples
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:40 am    Post subject:

Here are a few more from Celts RealGM and elsewhere... Sorry for any dups I may have overlooked.

Quote:
We all knew the lakers were winning this game. If miami won I would have been shocked.
Tbh, I'm shocked they even won 2 games. Congrats to them for their overachieving bubble season.

Quote:
Rondo helping the LA Lakers win their 11th title hurts different. In blowout fashion of a game 6 too,
like 12 years ago.

Quote:
Quote:
**** Bam playing like a damn scrub. A lot of these Heat players had bull series against us.
It’s because they have guys bigger than him. and we don’t have a guy that can block all those Butler
and Dragic drives.

Quote:
Herro is the only one that really declined steeply.
Bam and Dragic are clearly hurt. Robinson still had a couple of really good games for them. Jae is Jae.
However, I will take this Lakers defense over ours any day. Their ball pressure and attention to detail have been amazing, making it easier for AD to clean up inside.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It’s crazy how Bam looked average against the Lakers, and how he turned ito Shaq against Theis!
We need an upgrade at the 5 ASAP. A legit big man!
Bam is injured.
Yeah right!
Oops, my bad. I didn't realize that facts interfered with your agenda.
Another fun fact: basically any big looks bad against A. Davis.

Quote:
Good luck finding an AD in the MLE FA pool or even via trade.

Quote:
Rondo getting ready to experience a similar game 6 finals blowout again............ Unfortunately instead
of blowing the lakers out he is helping them win this time.

Quote:
What a nauseating experience this is

Quote:
17 years in and Lebron still runs the **** league. Just ridiculous.

Quote:
Besides the Knicks, the Lakers looked like the most sorry franchise in the league since Kobe retired
drafting bust players. All of a sudden Lebron decides to play there and then of course AD forces his way
there and now they are about to win a championship when the franchise had no business being
anywhere close with the way management was running things. In the end sunny weather, beaches,
and hot women matters in free agency for today’s players.

Quote:
This is a slaughter.

Quote:
Quote:
The league was wide open this year. Then LeBron happened.
I blame Doc and the Clippers. (More than the Bucks.)

Quote:
Too bad that we couldn't beat the heat.
This would of been us.
But thank God we got all our prospects still!!

Quote:
Quote:
Should have been us, but our GM and coach didnt do their job properly.
What were they supposed to do? We don't have two top 5 players in the league. We weren't going to
win the title this year no matter what inconsequential role players we could have added at the deadline

Quote:
I'm happy for Rondo and that's about it.
**** the Lakers for life.

Quote:
Quote:
Should have been us, but our GM and coach didnt do their job properly.
Rich Paul won this title two years ago when he signed AD to his agency. He and LeBron blocked
the **** out of Ainge’s plan.

Quote:
Lol and now I lose power. This night keeps getting worse

Quote:
Good lord the balance has been achieved. Fuuuuuu

Quote:
Happy to see miami lose. Feels so sweet. Would have been sweeter if the lakers lost but I'll take it.

Quote:
How about that Rondo guy hey?
Go bring him home Ainge.

Quote:
It won't be the Celtics time ever again until the Celtics best big is a hell of a lot better than Theis/current
Williams/Kanter.
When it comes to winning championships, small ball is loser ball/fraud ball.
Celtics under Ainge/Stevens are still too addicted to small ball/fraud ball. In the post 1980 period, I've never seen a legit small ball that can't play big ball win it all.
Folks mention the Warriors. They just won one title without KD and they had a starting center in Bogut who was very big and former #1 pick overall in the entire draft for a reason. Bogut was a big very strong
physical 7fter who was one of the best centers in the NBA on defense. And a PG in Curry who is 6"3 and ridiculously strong to go alongside tall SG. And obviously great defender in younger Iggy. Sure Draymond
Green playing center was their best lineup but they didn't have all of their eggs in that basket.

Quote:
The lord and savior, broken glass eating Jimmy Butler with a whopping 12pts tonight. Didn't watch the game but I'm glad he put up a nice little stinker pts wise.
**** the NBA straight to hell anyways. Time for Wyc and company to get serious.
And **** Brad for not figuring this Heat team out or getting his damn team to play the right way consistently. ****. These **** better make the finals next year and at least give us a shot at stopping them from overtaking us next year.
Celtics desperately need a great big for the elite levels of playoff basketball. Miami appeared "big" vs the Celtics but they were overmatched in terms of size vs LA.

Quote:
I knew the Lakers would win tonight. My parents accidentally smashed my souvenir Boston Tea Muesuem
and Ship cup that I got when I visited Boston with my ex 5 years ago. It's a bad omen all around

Quote:
Don’t tell me the lakers have money to add pieces in the offseason. It’s ridiculous how they won the
draft lottery and where able to send some of those pieces for Anthony Davis . I’m so sick of lala land.
There’s other teams.

Quote:
I'm so interested in Miami winning that I've been referring them to "we" during games...

Quote:
Florida and Boston teams don't quite get along well.
But I'll take any means necessary to watch our historic rivals fall.

Quote:
They probably won't lol.
LeBron and LAL will layeth the smackdown soon enough, unfortunately - leaving ME and the remainder of Celtic Nation sad and moping.
17-17 Boys and Girls.....with LAL being arguably more relevant than BOS, sad to say.
But with our CURRENT youth we WILL be back. Make no mistake about it.
Danny shores up our bench some and perhaps a trade of opportunity and we're right back in this thing.

Quote:
Numbers mean little without the credibility to back them up.
You looked at LeBron's face lately? His head is so much bigger than it used to be, he looks like an ogre now. Guy has been hitting the steroids hard. Dwight Howard too. And the league lets him get away with it.
Not to mention the league has actively cheated for that franchise on so many occasions.
They get nothing but a great big asterisk from me. Their rubber-stamped titles mean little.

Quote:
TBH it bothers and embarrasses me as a Life-Long Celtics fan to see the "Steroids" comments about LeBron James.
To ME it is no better than the little old White Lady that would clutch her pocket book as I walked by - afraid of the "Big Ol' Tall Black Man"........
I'm NOT accusing YOU of Racism, Kraid - I believe you're a good person. But this rumor...comment...is unfounded at best and a falsehood until proven otherwise.
What we DO know is that LeBron James places an EXTREME amount of attention on his body - even Kevin Garnett himself reportedly gave this advice to LeBron to help lengthen his career.
Same with Dwight.....for all of his OWN personal struggles to get in the position he's in now I cannot see 'Steroids" being a cause of it.
I get the Celtic-LA rivalry. Lived it breathed it since 1981. During my TEEN years in the 80s their rivalry enabled my love of not only BASKETBALL but also BOS and my RESPECT for Magic.
But we should NOT devolve into unfound rumors and allegations of drug use.
Drugs have been TERRIBLY unkind to BOS.
(( insert Len Bias pic here ))

Quote:
If the Celtics & Lakers end up tied at 17 titles each, I believe that Boston is still the premier franchise....for all the naysayers who claim most of our titles came in the "old days"....have you ever heard anyone dissing
the New York Yankees and all their titles that began almost one hundred years ago..? I doubt it...in fact, all of them came in the "modern era" when the live ball was introduced...that said, lets remember that the
Lakers won five titles between 1949 - 1954...these titles came prior to the original "modern era" that began with the introduction of the shot clock which entirely changed the way the game was played...the
Lakers would have to wait another 18 years before winning another title....I don't really care that the titles came in Minneapolis...
The Lakers have been to more Finals to be sure...however, as of today, their winning percentage is .516 at 16-15....when they come up against the East they are basically a .500 team...the Celtics come in at .809
with a dominant record of 17-4...that is a huge difference
The most telling comparison is the head to head matchup....the Celtics have beaten the Lakers in 9 of 12 meetings...that is dominance and I believe that it makes the Celtics the clear number one franchise in
league history...I rest my case

Quote:
I get what you're saying....numbers-wise they add up for sure.
But it is hard to explain away 1986 to 2008.
It is hard to explain away LAL's 5 titles in the 80s...to BOS's 3.
It's hard to explain away LAL's run from 99 to 2003....and even THEN making the Finals in 2004 only to lose to DET.
It is hard to explain away LAL's 08-09 title then their REPEAT in 09-10.
And here we are now - with LAL on the brink of winning 17 - unless MIA can somehow stop them.
Relevancy only matters to us Old Dudes who are aware of what BOS did in the 50s-60s. But how many "Old Pro-BOS dudes or dudettes" are on ESPN?
Perhaps the FAIREST Analyst I've seen on ESPN giving BOS props has been Tim Legler. Of course he was the LONE Analyst in 2008 that gave BOS a shot THEN ESPN Analysts NOW?
Lol they clown and joke Pierce and Perkins. And Tim Legler's not on there much.

Quote:
If the Lakers win this year, we need to win next year and that is a MUST. I don't care if Brooklyn will have Irving/Durant back, or 76ers have Simmons/Embiid/Doc Rivers, or Raptors having Lowry/VanVleet/Siakam,
Bucks having healthy Giannis, or Heat having Adebayo/Herro/Butler/Dragic...gotta win like no other.
The Celtics would have smoked the living hell out of the Lakers in the Finals with their wings/guards attacking them all day all night long. Improve that winning record against LAL to 10 in 13 meetings. It's too bad we couldn't get past Miami and their zone. Ainge didn't get them any bigs to help. Those need
to be addressed.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:09 am    Post subject:

Thanks to all of you who put Celtic board quotes on this thread!

Lakers are the premier franchise now. Tied for trophies; no comparison for fan bases, nation-wide or worldwide, it's Lakers by a mile.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:17 am    Post subject:

I fuuuckking HATE the Celtics and their fans. They are douche bags. For years I always had to hear that they have more championships. Now that we got #17, its has already started. The cry babies over here are now saying the 5 championships in Minneapolis don't count.
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:17 am    Post subject:

Delicious spice
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: QFTOS -- #17 Edition: Celtics fans

J.C. Smith wrote:
Quote:

Better than that over the past 24 years the lakers have won 8 championships to the Celtics 1.

PREACH!!!
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:19 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Now THIS is the place to gloat.

Props to the new posters adding some great QFTOS in this thread.

(Although I liked the receipts thread too.)
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:21 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I fuuuckking HATE the Celtics and their fans. They are douche bags. For years I always had to hear that they have more championships. Now that we got #17, its has already started. The cry babies over here are now saying the 5 championships in Minneapolis don't count.

The retort to their bs is that the Cs won most of their titles:

1) When there were only 8 teams in the NBA.
2) The league was still largely discriminating against black players.
Artest4Three
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:38 am    Post subject:

I went on their subreddit and aside from the massive butthurt () there were a couple sane comments like this:

Quote:
Nobody but butthurt green teamers think this. They tied us and I'm looking forward to the Celtics being the first to hit 18 championships.

Quote:
It's actually annoying as (bleep). The logic that "if your franchise moves to another city your history gets wiped" is (bleep) idiotic. I guess the Raiders just lost all their super bowl rings this year when they moved to Vegas. I guess Jackie Robinson never played for the Dodgers since he played for the BROOKLYN Dodgers not the Los Angeles Dodgers

https://www.reddit.com/r/bostonceltics/comments/j9idmr/i_know_it_sucks_that_we_just_got_tied_but_weve/g8jzp1u/
Artest4Three
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:41 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

The retort to their bs is that the Cs won most of their titles:

1) When there were only 8 teams in the NBA.
2) The league was still largely discriminating against black players.

That's what Zach Lowe said

Quote:
If the Celtics fans want to dismiss the (Lakers Minneapolis titles) they have to come to grip with the fact that 9 of their 17 titles came when there were like 9 teams in the NBA & dudes were smoking in the locker room

https://twitter.com/dribblecity/status/1315588672541151234
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:25 am    Post subject:

BUCK FOSTON
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: QFTOS -- #17 Edition: Celtics fans

Quote:
Lebron needs to retire. Or decline. Or be shot into Mars.

2012 - came back from being down 2-3 to beat Celtics in ECF
2012 - lured Ray Allen to Miami, essentially ending Big 3 era
2015 - swept an IT-led Celtics in round 1
2017 - beat an IT-less Celtics in the ECF, 4-1
2017 - injured Gordon Hayward 1st five minutes into his Celtics career
2018 - came back from being down 2-3 to beat Celtics in ECF
2018 - orchestrated Anthony Davis' trade demand to the Lakers
2020 - led Lakers to tie titles w/ Celtics

Or better yet, our franchise needs to nut up and MAKE HIM RETIRE WITH A FINALS LOSS.

One of the best things about Bron is his long history of being a nightmare for the hated Celtics. I absolutely love it.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject:

HAHAHAHA! LOVE IT! KEEP CRYING AND DIP ON THE HATERADE SUCKAS!!! CLIPS OF THE EAST!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: