Lou, Nick, and Clarkson
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Lou, Nick, and Clarkson

Is this really the plan Luke? Let these three chuck our way through games when our young guys are struggling? I'm sorry but this is not a forward moving strategy. I don't care whether those guys knock down all their long bombs, they are not our future, and it's a stagnant style of ISO ball.

I really don't get the point of sitting Dlo and Randle for almost the entire second half. It seems like this is Luke's go-to move if they come out flat in the third. But it sucks to watch as a fan. And doesnt help grow our core young guys.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

He said whomever doesn't bring it will sit until it gets in their head that nothing is guaranteed. He kept his word!
The 3 players you mentioned were a big part of the comeback. They probably got tired at the end.
bum2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
He said whomever doesn't bring it will sit until it gets in their head that nothing is guaranteed. He kept his word!
The 3 players you mentioned were a big part of the comeback. They probably got tired at the end.

What is the end game? In all seriousness, what are we trying to achieve out there because it feels like we don't have a plan and then just hope for beautiful chaos to survive or comeback.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject:

bum2 wrote:
55 wrote:

What is the end game? In all seriousness, what are we trying to achieve out there because it feels like we don't have a plan and then just hope for beautiful chaos to survive or comeback.

The plan was for the young guys to develop with the help of the veterans and win some games.
Trade them or ride it out.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
bum2 wrote:
55 wrote:

The plan was for the young guys to develop with the help of the veterans and win some games.
The plan is to have guys that will bring it every game, regardless of record. Randle and RUssell didn't bring it today. I don't think this tactic that Luke is doing is working though. Russell especially doesn't seem to respond to these things, this was shown with Scott. Maybe Scott was right to bench him all those games last year? I never thought I'd say that, but it sure seems like it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

KB824MJ wrote:
55 wrote:
bum2 wrote:
55 wrote:

The plan is to have guys that will bring it every game, regardless of record. Randle and RUssell didn't bring it today. I don't think this tactic that Luke is doing is working though. Russell especially doesn't seem to respond to these things, this was shown with Scott. Maybe Scott was right to bench him all those games last year? I never thought I'd say that, but it sure seems like it.

That says more about Russell than his coaches.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

All the young guys need to get up off their azzes and MAN-UP or SITDOWN.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Russell didn't deserve to be out there.
BIKinstonFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Winning is the plan by whatever means
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject:

They don't have a plan. All I'll take from this game is the play of Ingram and Zubac and I guess Black. I really could care less that Young and Williams had decent nights and were hot in the 4th quarter. Zubac was open down low man times on pick and rolls in the 4th quarter and Williams and Clarkson kept chucking rather than passing it inside for easy looks. Yes, a few went in, but that's loser basketball.

Young should be moved for whatever they could get because he'll opt of his deal this summer. Williams is a ball dominant "point guard" who over the course of his 3 year deal isn't going to win the Lakers anything of significance.

The Lakers are awful. They need to play Randle and Russell over 30 minutes, and Ingram around 30 minutes and Zubac at least 20 minutes. Play Calderon who will move the ball and trade Lou. Get a second rounder for Young.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

I think that Nick was the best Laker on the floor tonight. He was back to hitting 3's and his effort and success on defense in the second half was great. He deserved to be in the game at the end. That is the effort the young guys can try to emulate.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject:

from middle school onwards, if you don't bring your game, you sit on the bench! That's exactly what happened to D-Lo and Randle. They both just didn't bring their game. Especially D-Lo. I don't know what's going on with that kid, but he is just not in it
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
from middle school onwards, if you don't bring your game, you sit on the bench! That's exactly what happened to D-Lo and Randle. They both just didn't bring their game. Especially D-Lo. I don't know what's going on with that kid, but he is just not in it

Yes. As Fish said, this was a very important game for Luke, showing the starters that if you don't bring it, there are others who will.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Randle: your attitude bothers me at times. Stop letting refs derail you from having a good game. They don't care if you sulk & you are not a superstar. You are only hurting yourself, your teammates when you start zoning out, which is happening almost game to game. Give the Lakers a reason to throw a max extension at you when you become a RFA next season.

D'Lo: don't be a punk. Everyone thinks you are for last season, and those sentiments have been revived again after your row with Lillard. News flash - you haven't done jack in this league to garner respect. Keep your head down and work or LA will get to you kid. You've been given the keys to the team of a very storied organization. Rise to the challenge.

OP: do you think one or two out of the 3 should be traded?
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject:

55 wrote:
KB824MJ wrote:
55 wrote:
bum2 wrote:
55 wrote:

That says more about Russell than his coaches.

This

The most consistent thing Russell has at this point is his die hard fans. He didn't brought his A game tonight in a way that it would be unfair bringing him back over other players.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
Randle: your attitude bothers me at times. Stop letting refs derail you from having a good game. They don't care if you sulk & you are not a superstar. You are only hurting yourself, your teammates when you start zoning out, which is happening almost game to game. Give the Lakers a reason to throw a max extension at you when you become a RFA next season.

D'Lo: don't be a punk. Everyone thinks you are for last season, and those sentiments have been revived again after your row with Lillard. News flash - you haven't done jack in this league to garner respect. Keep your head down and work or LA will get to you kid. You've been given the keys to the team of a very storied organization. Rise to the challenge.

This.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject:

I didn't know Clarkson was not a young player.
Tim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:

I do think at least one or two of them should be traded. They are all 3 shoot first wing players. We don't need three of them. I would keep Young, and put Lou and Clarkson on the block for a draft pick.

Clarkson IS a young guy but he doesn't play a team game. Never has.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject:

Tim wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

I do think at least one or two of them should be traded. They are all 3 shoot first wing players. We don't need three of them. I would keep Young, and put Lou and Clarkson on the block for a draft pick.

The problem is that if Young opts out we have to pay a lot to keep him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject:

Lou: highest trade value, I'd see what we can get for him now. He deserves to be on a playoff team.

Young: will be opting out. Could live with him on the team as he has size to play 2/3, but wouldn't plan on a long-term future with him.

JC: keep unless a great deal comes.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

Tim wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

How can Lou be a shoot first wing player when he's allegedly our best PG? Maybe it's his defense.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Tim wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

How can Lou be a shoot first wing player when he's allegedly our best PG? Maybe it's his defense.

Oy vey! Best PG? No definetly not. He's a shoot first wing player who has to play PG at times, I doubt even he would argue with that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Tim wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

If Lou played like a "PG" (given his small frame), he would probably be making at least double his lifetime salary.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

I have no problem with what luke did. Dlo Randle were garbage especially dlo. I love what luke did actually, he said, "maybe they saw what 5 guys trying hard looks like."
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
I have no problem with what luke did. Dlo Randle were garbage especially dlo. I love what luke did actually, he said, "maybe they saw what 5 guys trying hard looks like."

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: