Lebron's next destination
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vesper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Lebron's next destination

I have a strong feeling that Lebron will leave the Cavs for his last team and as always team up with a very strong team.

MY guess would be the 76ers.

In 2018, his player option will be up and with the possibility of teaming up with his prodigy, ben Simmons, and Embiid seems to make the most sense.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Nah.
ClemensBriels
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Nah he'll retire in Cleveland
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Cleveland.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Nah. Cleveland is set up for him to end his career there.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject:

Not going anywhere. Now if CP3 ends up on the Knicks, I could see him ponder it.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject:

You know who loves strong feelings and guesses...?

- - - - - - - - >
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject:

I think it depends on Irving's health. If Irving goes down with season ending injury i think Lebron may look for other team. Irving had injury problems in the past and he already missed a final series while Lebron at Cavs so if Lebron can't depend on him like he couldnt depend on Wade anymore he will bail out.
Vesper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

I guess the other option is joining the super friends again minus Bosh but with either Paul or anthony.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject:

next is HOF
ClemensBriels
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

Vesper wrote:
I guess the other option is joining the super friends again minus Bosh but with either Paul or anthony.

At this point Kyrie and Love are so much better than Melo or D-Wade it's not even remotely close. The discrepancy is only getting larger too.
Vesper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

ClemensBriels wrote:
Vesper wrote:

At this point Kyrie and Love are so much better than Melo or D-Wade it's not even remotely close. The discrepancy is only getting larger too.

True. However, playing for the 76ers makes a lot of sense.

They will have all the cap room in 2018 and can literally sign LEbron + Chris Paul and others.

Cp3
dwade
Simmons
Lebron
Embiid
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
next is HOF

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

Simmons doesn't strike me as a transcendent level player. I'm glad we ended up with Ingram.

Plus, LeBron already cemented his legacy by bringing a ring to Cleveland. Why do anything to mess it up?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

IMO he'll end his career in Cleveland. He brought them a championship. Something that had eluded them for 52 years. He's also invested in multiple businesses in the city.

LeBron will be the next Kevin Johnson and he'll bring his "posse" with him.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

A chain of unsuccessful restaurants in which waiters flop to the floor while delivering your food, throw powder in your face, complain to their managers, celebrate how good their service was before receiving their tips, and hold an ESPN primetime special to find out what your menu choices were.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Eh if LeBron left Cleveland a second time as hilarious as that would be I don't think Cavs fans will be that upset because he left a championship behind.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Eh if LeBron left Cleveland a second time as hilarious as that would be I don't think Cavs fans will be that upset because he left a championship behind.

In many ways, James has rewritten a lot of the rules of superstar behavior, so I wouldn't totally discount any possibility.

He's the defending champ on a young squad so I don't really see him leaving Cleveland anytime soon.

If he went trolling for a ring, and hooks up with some young stars, I think there would be backlash. If he just teams up with Paul and Melo, I think a lot of people would just write it off as him wanting to play with his pals.

I am not buying the 76er scenario and I don't think it would turn out well if he did happen -- teams with stars at every position rarely succeed.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

In many ways, James has rewritten a lot of the rules of superstar behavior, so I wouldn't totally discount any possibility.

He's the defending champ on a young squad so I don't really see him leaving Cleveland anytime soon.

If he went trolling for a ring, and hooks up with some young stars, I think there would be backlash. If he just teams up with Paul and Melo, I think a lot of people would just write it off as him wanting to play with his pals.

I am not buying the 76er scenario and I don't think it would turn out well if he did happen -- teams with stars at every position rarely succeed.

Ironically, the only championship team that had an All-Star level player at every position was also the only championship team to not have a single superstar. (2004 Detroit Pistons.)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject:

He'll ride on as Kyrie takes over. Only change I see coming is a Love trade for another young superstar. Cousins?

He left Miami b/c they were aging and past their prime. If Wade was in his prime he'd still be there.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Ironically, the only championship team that had an All-Star level player at every position was also the only championship team to not have a single superstar. (2004 Detroit Pistons.)
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

I'm not sure what all star level player means. However the Pistons only have four starters you ever made an All-Star team. Tayshaun Prince never did.

They're actually have been a lot of championship teams that had an All-Star at every position. Most of them pre-date the 1990s when it was easier to stockpile talent.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

I'm not sure what all star level player means. However the Pistons only have four starters you ever made an All-Star team. Tayshaun Prince never did.

They're actually have been a lot of championship teams that had an All-Star at every position. Most of them pre-date the 1990s when it was easier to stockpile talent.

That's what I meant. They had four actual All-Stars plus a borderline All-Star in Prince.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject:

^^^^

Minor quibble: It was the 2006 Pistons.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
IMO he'll end his career in Cleveland. He brought them a championship. Something that had eluded them for 52 years. He's also invested in multiple businesses in the city.

LeBron will be the next Kevin Johnson and he'll bring his "posse" with him.

Him and his posse are doing pretty good with their TV show "The Wall".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: