What would it take to get Cousins and Westbrook Summer 2018?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Even if we did, a 30 year old Westbrook and Cousins wouldn't be enough to win a championship. Cousins just doesn't have that much impact on the game.

You mean despite leading his team towards a playoff birth for the first time in almost 16 years?

Seriously, guys been harping on Cousins saying "yeah but he can't lead the Kings anywhere". the guy near single handedly is leading the Kings towards the playoff before Rudy Gay goes down and "doesn't have that much impact on the game".

Well apparently he does.

Cousins single effort has equated to about as much as the combined effort of CJ McCollum, Damian Lillard and the brilliant coaching of Terry Stotts. Yet I doubt that any Lakers fan here would complain about having Lillard or McCollum.

So obviously Cousins effects the game.

Put Cousins on Portland with Aldridge, McCollumn and Stotts and put Lillard in Sacramento with Rudy Gay, and which team makes the playoffs?

He shoots 45.0% from the field as a Center. Many guards have a higher field goal percentage than that. He also plays no defense.

He's like a shorter, less efficient version of Bynum with far worse defense and equally bad attitude problems.

Pretty standard view of his game from someone who hasn't watched him play or has looked at his stats. 40% of his shots come from 10ft out or more and he's shooting just under 40% from 3. The reason his fg% is lower than the other centers is because those centers don't space the floor like he does. It'd be one thing if that fg% was coming from the paint, but it is coming from all over the floor. He's also number 2 among centers in steals per game and 11th in blocks per game among centers. But yeah. I guess he's a bad defender and inefficient scorer.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Why do people want Cousins? I know he's arguably the best center in the game, but he's a knucklehead who keeps feuding with his teammates and coaches. Is he really a good candidate to be the next face of our franchise?
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Why do people want Cousins? I know he's arguably the best center in the game, but he's a knucklehead who keeps feuding with his teammates and coaches. Is he really a good candidate to be the next face of our franchise?

who cares? first, it's overstated...hes just a little bit of a troublemaker. hes not as much as rodman or artest, and not as much a saint as curry. so big whoop. its so overblown.

and as a laker fan, please PLEASE come to LA. wtf??!! the guy is so good. would you rather have a saint that sucks? by the way, artest and rodamn won chips, no problem.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Even if we did, a 30 year old Westbrook and Cousins wouldn't be enough to win a championship. Cousins just doesn't have that much impact on the game.

You mean despite leading his team towards a playoff birth for the first time in almost 16 years?

Seriously, guys been harping on Cousins saying "yeah but he can't lead the Kings anywhere". the guy near single handedly is leading the Kings towards the playoff before Rudy Gay goes down and "doesn't have that much impact on the game".

Well apparently he does.

Cousins single effort has equated to about as much as the combined effort of CJ McCollum, Damian Lillard and the brilliant coaching of Terry Stotts. Yet I doubt that any Lakers fan here would complain about having Lillard or McCollum.

Put Cousins on Portland with Aldridge, McCollumn and Stotts and put Lillard in Sacramento with Rudy Gay, and which team makes the playoffs?

He shoots 45.0% from the field as a Center. Many guards have a higher field goal percentage than that. He also plays no defense.

He's like a shorter, less efficient version of Bynum with far worse defense and equally bad attitude problems.

Pretty standard view of his game from someone who hasn't watched him play or has looked at his stats. 40% of his shots come from 10ft out or more and he's shooting just under 40% from 3. The reason his fg% is lower than the other centers is because those centers don't space the floor like he does. It'd be one thing if that fg% was coming from the paint, but it is coming from all over the floor. He's also number 2 among centers in steals per game and 11th in blocks per game among centers. But yeah. I guess he's a bad defender and inefficient scorer.

100%. whoever said that definitely hasnt watched him play. this guy faces the defender up anywhere on the court like a shooting guard and hell blow past him with a tight, low crossover dribble. leave him, and hell comfortably hit a shot. the guy is very very good.

ive been trying my best to see where he is getting this reputation from. first, he is a proud guy and wont back down, the big brother type. so if he feels theres an injustice, he is loud about it. he is also a little bit mischiveous, in that he will goad people for fouls or techs or get into their heads. he gets criticized for this, but tons of players do this stuff and nobody says anything.

also, the refs treat him like s---. it might (finally) be getting better now, but before this year, it was bad. hed be hacked and hammered for no calls, hed barely touch someone, whistle. and then he would get mad, and then the media says he has a bad attitude. ridiculous.

as a big man, he is top shelf, the only one who can compete with him is AD right now. These new guys Embiid and KAT are looking good also, but cousins can do things they cant, like those tricky guard moves. if i had a championship squad, i would kill to have him on the team at the end of a game 7. he would be impossible to defend.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Well apparently he does.

100%. whoever said that definitely hasnt watched him play. this guy faces the defender up anywhere on the court like a shooting guard and hell blow past him with a tight, low crossover dribble. leave him, and hell comfortably hit a shot. the guy is very very good.

ive been trying my best to see where he is getting this reputation from. first, he is a proud guy and wont back down, the big brother type. so if he feels theres an injustice, he is loud about it. he is also a little bit mischiveous, in that he will goad people for fouls or techs or get into their heads. he gets criticized for this, but tons of players do this stuff and nobody says anything.

also, the refs treat him like s---. it might (finally) be getting better now, but before this year, it was bad. hed be hacked and hammered for no calls, hed barely touch someone, whistle. and then he would get mad, and then the media says he has a bad attitude. ridiculous.

as a big man, he is top shelf, the only one who can compete with him is AD right now. These new guys Embiid and KAT are looking good also, but cousins can do things they cant, like those tricky guard moves. if i had a championship squad, i would kill to have him on the team at the end of a game 7. he would be impossible to defend.

The media. He's the biggest jerk you'll ever see to reporters, which might be bad for emplay and John Ireland. As a fan, I don't care.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: What would it take to get Cousins and Westbrook Summer 2018?

LakerFan1977 wrote:
I dont think this is an unrealistic free agency summer, we started out good this year and we should end with at least 30 wins, with natural team growth and Ingram putting on some weight, we should be a playoff team next year, if we add some all star level vets, were going to look really attractive to Westbrook and if he comes Cousins isnt going to not sign if he doesnt get the max, he doesnt seem like a greedy player, I think he wants championships, if we can be a 4-6th seed next season, I think we have a great shot at signing them both

You think we're going be a 4-6 seed next year, add "some all-star level vets," and then get Westbrook and Cousins?

Pass me what you're smoking.
Jakanzi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Well apparently he does.

The media. He's the biggest jerk you'll ever see to reporters, which might be bad for emplay and John Ireland. As a fan, I don't care.

Here's an example from his most recent game: https://streamable.com/zn7tb

With the game situation being what it was Sacramento probably isn't winning the game but Boogie more or less sealed the loss by not even bothering to get back down the court. Not a great look.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What would it take to get Cousins and Westbrook Summer 2018?

activeverb wrote:
LakerFan1977 wrote:
I dont think this is an unrealistic free agency summer, we started out good this year and we should end with at least 30 wins, with natural team growth and Ingram putting on some weight, we should be a playoff team next year, if we add some all star level vets, were going to look really attractive to Westbrook and if he comes Cousins isnt going to not sign if he doesnt get the max, he doesnt seem like a greedy player, I think he wants championships, if we can be a 4-6th seed next season, I think we have a great shot at signing them both

You think we're going be a 4-6 seed next year, add "some all-star level vets," and then get Westbrook and Cousins?

Pass me what you're smoking.

Pipe dreams are legal now. That's about the best thing I can say for Cousins/Westbrook.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Highly doubt it.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Jakanzi wrote:
Here's an example from his most recent game: https://streamable.com/zn7tb

With the game situation being what it was Sacramento probably isn't winning the game but Boogie more or less sealed the loss by not even bothering to get back down the court. Not a great look.

And Shaq and Kobe never did the same to (bleep) out the ref?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Seriously, guys been harping on Cousins saying "yeah but he can't lead the Kings anywhere". the guy near single handedly is leading the Kings towards the playoff before Rudy Gay goes down and "doesn't have that much impact on the game". ?

Huh? The Kings were 11-19 in games Rudy Gay played. They are now 16-25, in the 11th seed, and have lost three straight. In what alternative universe is anyone leading them "toward a playoff berth"?

Cousins is in his 7th year and he's never made the playoffs. He's lost about 2 out of every 3 games he's been in. I am not saying that's all on him, but I cannot fathom how you think you can make a case that he's ever led any team to any kind of success.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject:

we are not getting these players. Either they stay with their teams and get a crazy contract or they join a better team.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Well apparently he does.

Still an upgrade if you think about our starting guards shooting 40%
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject:

^Not taking sides, but that's not how it works.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:34 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
he's a knucklehead who keeps feuding with his teammates and coaches. Is he really a good candidate to be the next face of our franchise?

Wasn't Kobe the face of the franchise before?
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject:

He's not feuding with his coach.
tkLAKERS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
slavavov wrote:
he's a knucklehead who keeps feuding with his teammates and coaches. Is he really a good candidate to be the next face of our franchise?

Wasn't Kobe the face of the franchise before?

So Cousins is a top 5 goat now?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
The better question is if cousins and Westbrook were on the same team, who punches who first?

Exactly what I was thinking as well lol
Kobe and Shaq 2.0

Yep but back to the op's question , it ain't happening.

Demarcus gonna resign in Sac for that 200 mill extension and Westbrook got that Kobe DNA. He's retiring as a Thunder.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject:

Here we go again. Dreaming of acquiring other team's superstars only to be disappointed in the end. We should get rid of Jim Buss first. Maybe he's the reason nobody wants to play for us. I mean the Lakers started the downward spiral right around when he took over.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject:

Boogie and WB together in 2018 would lead to the most on-court fistfights amongst teammates in NBA history.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

This
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Well apparently he does.

The vast majority of people who comment about Cousins have never watched him play. Being a Sacramento resident, I find myself watching a lot of Kings games. He definitely complains about a lack of calls, but that's only because he gets fouled every other play and the officials don't call anything. I'd be pissed too if guys were grabbing my arm and not getting called for it and then on the other side of the court I get called for bumping a guy with my hip. In fact I think anybody who has ever played ball would have the same attitude as Cousins after years of BS like that. There are three narratives that the media loves to exaggerate: 1) the rise of a new superstar 2) Feuds between two teams or two players and 3) dysfunction. The moment Cousins started complaining about calls the media jumped on it because a superstar complaining on a dysfunctional teams means unlimited speculation articles about his future.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

some fans have gotten so used to losing they don't even want All-Star/Top-10 level talent. Wow.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
some fans have gotten so used to losing they don't even want All-Star/Top-10 level talent. Wow.

Who said they don't want him.

It's what's the price to get him.

If he's free, of course. If it takes emptying out DLo/Ingram/Randle/picks, then there's reason to be concerned.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
We'd have to be contenders next year.

Not every free agent is Kevin Durant.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: