What would it take to get Cousins and Westbrook Summer 2018?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
some fans have gotten so used to losing they don't even want All-Star/Top-10 level talent. Wow.

Who said they don't want him.

It's what's the price to get him.

If he's free, of course. If it takes emptying out DLo/Ingram/Randle/picks, then there's reason to be concerned.

Are you reading the posts in this thread? People are straight up saying they don't want "30 yo Westbrook" which implies when he becomes a free agent, not at the cost of DLo/Ingram/Randle/picks. By the way, have there been any articles suggesting such a trade is on the table?

The hyperbole here lately is off the charts.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
some fans have gotten so used to losing they don't even want All-Star/Top-10 level talent. Wow.

If he's free, of course. If it takes emptying out DLo/Ingram/Randle/picks, then there's reason to be concerned.

Are you reading the posts in this thread? People are straight up saying they don't want "30 yo Westbrook" which implies when he becomes a free agent, not at the cost of DLo/Ingram/Randle/picks. By the way, have there been any articles suggesting such a trade is on the table?

Let's see what a 30 y.o. WB looks like first. Might not be pretty.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if you said the same thing about a 30 y.o. LeBron.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

A 30 y.o. Lebron still was 6'8/9 and never had knee surgeries. WB is 6'3, several knee surgeries, and due to OKC's lack of other star power, will grind himself into a pulp the next few seasons to no avail.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

A 30 y.o. Lebron still was 6'8/9 and never had knee surgeries. WB is 6'3, several knee surgeries, and due to OKC's lack of other star power, will grind himself into a pulp the next few seasons to no avail.

How was a 30 y.o. Kobe on the injury front? Laughable you're saying this about a player in the middle of a historical season, the like of which has not been seen in decades.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

How was a 30 y.o. Kobe on the injury front? Laughable you're saying this about a player in the middle of a historical season, the like of which has not been seen in decades.

So let's just wait and see. Is that something you can't do?
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

Alright man
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

Those 5.5 TOs a game would be a record. He isn't the type of player for what the Lakers want to do. I am not against signing Westbrook, but I refuse to live in that fantasy world. Maybe we should look at realistic options.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

Would have loved WB now; 2-3 seasons later? not so sure.

The reason I'm hesitant to trade away half of our young assets for Boogie is that he's not the kind of player that can carry a team on his back to the playoffs without substantial help.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:

100%. whoever said that definitely hasnt watched him play. this guy faces the defender up anywhere on the court like a shooting guard and hell blow past him with a tight, low crossover dribble. leave him, and hell comfortably hit a shot. the guy is very very good.

ive been trying my best to see where he is getting this reputation from. first, he is a proud guy and wont back down, the big brother type. so if he feels theres an injustice, he is loud about it. he is also a little bit mischiveous, in that he will goad people for fouls or techs or get into their heads. he gets criticized for this, but tons of players do this stuff and nobody says anything.

also, the refs treat him like s---. it might (finally) be getting better now, but before this year, it was bad. hed be hacked and hammered for no calls, hed barely touch someone, whistle. and then he would get mad, and then the media says he has a bad attitude. ridiculous.

as a big man, he is top shelf, the only one who can compete with him is AD right now. These new guys Embiid and KAT are looking good also, but cousins can do things they cant, like those tricky guard moves. if i had a championship squad, i would kill to have him on the team at the end of a game 7. he would be impossible to defend.

Most of us have seen him play. We have seen him stand on the perimeter and watch while his guy gets an easy dunk instead of trying to play defense. We have seen teams get easy scores when he decides not to play in transition and stare down a ref. I have seen him dominate the KD-Westbrook Thunder one game and then to get dominated by a second string center the next game. He is the last player we need to add to young, impressionable players. His bad attitude has spread on the Kings, guys who should be playing aren't because of their bad attitudes. And on top of it all, as a iso player who dominates the ball, he would be a horrible fit with our team. So it is actually a blessing that he will take the cash from the Kings and remain their problem.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

The media. He's the biggest jerk you'll ever see to reporters, which might be bad for emplay and John Ireland. As a fan, I don't care.

The media, coaches, other players, the FO, sucker punching some dude at a strip bar, drinking cognac in the locker room. But who cares, right? That behavior has been well worth it for the Kings, right?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

It's sad that a great like WB will basically waste 2-3 years of his prime and grind himself down on an OKC team that is at best a 5th seed in the WC.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: What would it take to get Cousins and Westbrook Summer 2018?

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerFan1977 wrote:
I dont think this is an unrealistic free agency summer, we started out good this year and we should end with at least 30 wins, with natural team growth and Ingram putting on some weight, we should be a playoff team next year, if we add some all star level vets, were going to look really attractive to Westbrook and if he comes Cousins isnt going to not sign if he doesnt get the max, he doesnt seem like a greedy player, I think he wants championships, if we can be a 4-6th seed next season, I think we have a great shot at signing them both

You think we're going be a 4-6 seed next year, add "some all-star level vets," and then get Westbrook and Cousins?

Pass me what you're smoking.

Pipe dreams are legal now. That's about the best thing I can say for Cousins/Westbrook.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Jakanzi wrote:
Here's an example from his most recent game: https://streamable.com/zn7tb

With the game situation being what it was Sacramento probably isn't winning the game but Boogie more or less sealed the loss by not even bothering to get back down the court. Not a great look.

And Shaq and Kobe never did the same to (bleep) out the ref?

One thing is not like the other two. Kobe and Shaq were career winners, Cousins is a career loser. What a thoughtless comparison that was.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

tkLAKERS wrote:
nash wrote:
slavavov wrote:
he's a knucklehead who keeps feuding with his teammates and coaches. Is he really a good candidate to be the next face of our franchise?

Wasn't Kobe the face of the franchise before?

So Cousins is a top 5 goat now?

Evidently so.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It's sad that a great like WB will basically waste 2-3 years of his prime and grind himself down on an OKC team that is at best a 5th seed in the WC.

He had the choice to move, he took the money.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And I could never fault someone for that. But he's got to live with the results.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Too loyal to some GM and owners who were too cheap to keep Harden. He can toil in mediocrity for all I care.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't think the Thunder are as far from a contender as most. 3 really good young bigs who all bring different skill sets along with Westbrook. I think they need to move Oladipo though. Too repetitive next to Westbrook. They need some 3/D wings to put next to Westbrook if they want to have success. Young could be a guy they're interested in, he showed an ability to be a decent defender and elite spot up shooter when interested this year. Not that he makes them a contender but that's a start. A Klay Thompson type player would do wonders for them. I would've asked for Fournier instead of Oladipo if I was them.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

Those 5.5 TOs a game would be a record. He isn't the type of player for what the Lakers want to do. I am not against signing Westbrook, but I refuse to live in that fantasy world. Maybe we should look at realistic options.

Yes, because he's only racking up TO's right

For the record, I don't think we can get Westbrook or Cousins. It's just ridiculous to act like we are in any position to criticize All-Star, franchise caliber players when we are currently trotting out one of the sorriest teams in the association.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

First off people that wanna bash Cousins for his attitude need to remind themselves at one thing.

Remember Kobe Bryant in 2007 BEFORE Bynum broke out and we also got Gasol?

Yeah that was Kobe after 2 seasons being an 7th-8th seed and 1 season not making the playoffs.

IMAGINE if Kobe had to deal with the kind of environment the Kings have had since his rookie season. Cousins would look like Buddha in comparison.

The reason that Cousins gets come down upon for that 'attitude' is because the team isn't winning. But throw Durant on the Kings, they still won't make the playoffs.

Like I said, people talk about CJ McCollum and Damian Lillard and the great coaching of Terry Stotts but Cousins has near managed to duplicate what they've done this season in terms of team success.

People get so desperate to go "oh well look at their record without Rudy Gay!"

Thanks for basically saying "Don't give Cousins even a Tier 3 Player and watch how his team fails! lol cause he fails!!"

Right....

Like I said, put Cousins on the Trailblazers as a rookie with LaMarcus Aldridge, and then CJ McCollum a few years later and a coach like Terry Stotts and watch what happens and how he's perceived as that team wins and makes the playoffs every year.

Now put Lillard on the Sacramento Kings his rookie year and watch what happened to Tyreke Evans happen to him, and then watch how HE gets perceived.

So again, people blame Cousins for being in one of the worst organizations in the NBA and having a problem with the fact that the team not only isn't winning but isn't giving him any suitable talent.

They HAD Isaiah Thomas, they traded him for peanuts. They HAD a coach that had pulled it together in Mike Malone, but fired him cause the team lost while Cousins was out with injury. The best 2nd option that the Kings ever have him was Rudy Gay, and ask Memphis or Toronto how well they do when Rudy Gay is their main option. In fact LOOK at how much better the Raptors got once Gay left, and LOOK how much better Memphis got when Gay left.

That is the BEST 2nd option Sacramento has ever given Cousins yet you think that he primarily is the reason why he couldn't make the playoffs in the Western Conference!?!?

Kevin freaking Love never made the playoffs in the Western Conference but that never stopped Lakers fans from clamoring over him and just envisioning the day he wore purple and gold to the point it became an obsession to a forgone conclusion for a few. So why is Cousins who is LEGITIMATELY the best center in the game, as opposed to Love whom people convinced themselves he was despite the fact it was obviously Lamarcus Aldridge and Chris Bosh.

Is it because Love didn't cause drama or complain about losing? But he did.. and whenever he didn't say anything, fans looked for him to pout JUST ONCE to say that he really wants to be a Laker. But with Cousins it's different and with Cousins it's microanalyzing every little thing he does and saying he shouldn't be here.

If the Lakers have a shot at landing Cousins in free agency YOU DO IT, end of story.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't think the Thunder are as far from a contender as most. 3 really good young bigs who all bring different skill sets along with Westbrook. I think they need to move Oladipo though. Too repetitive next to Westbrook. They need some 3/D wings to put next to Westbrook if they want to have success. Young could be a guy they're interested in, he showed an ability to be a decent defender and elite spot up shooter when interested this year. Not that he makes them a contender but that's a start. A Klay Thompson type player would do wonders for them. I would've asked for Fournier instead of Oladipo if I was them.

They're not beating the Warriors/Spurs/Rox, and Clips (if healthy).
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I can see them beating the Rockets or Clippers this year. We'll see how their young bigs develop and if they acquire some wings who can shoot. If they do, I can see them becoming a legit contender.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I can see them beating the Rockets or Clippers this year. We'll see how their young bigs develop and if they acquire some wings who can shoot. If they do, I can see them becoming a legit contender.

They have so many spacing issues that will be absolutely exploited in the playoffs.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

I'm gonna say the same thing I said about Melo before FA in 2014. What I said about DROZ before 2016 FA. What I said about Phil for years.

LG (in each of those instances) talked about how we're better off if none of those people come to the Lakers. I'm telling you, we will never find out. WB and Cousins aren't coming here. There isn't enough money in the world we could give top talent (like the names I mentioned) to come to this dumpster fire.

Harsh but true. LG acts like a 40 year old, overweight, acne ridden, lives-with-his-mom single guy, who only wants perfect 10 supermodels or nothing at all.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: