Lakers Have the 5th Best Young Core (25 or Under)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
tox wrote:
Not sure who's better. Here are the ones you can argue:
Sixers if you trust the health of Embiid?
Bucks/Pels just because Giannis and AD?
Wolves/Nuggets because of KAT/Jokic?

Love em both but I hesitate to put BI and Zo on that caliber yet.

If we're talking full young cores, vs. a single superstar prospect, it's just the Sixers right?

gary harris and jamal murray are also very good young players for the nuggets.

personally i think it's something like this?

tier 1:
sixers/nuggets

tier 2:
milwaukee/minnesota/boston

tier 3:
lakers/jazz

tier 4:
suns/knicks/nets

I think that's reasonable. I'm not sure about Minnesota though. They are really bad without Jimmy Butler, so how good is that core really? I mean yeah Towns is a monster statistically but the rest of their young core leaves a lot to be desired.

I forgot Gobert is 25 so the Jazz is a good point, alongside Mitchell.

Anyway can't argue with this at all

yeah fair point on minnesota. I think generally my point is just that the sixers and nuggets are above the rest of the pack at the moment - they're solid playoff teams already without veteran stars. I could be talked into upgrading the Lakers and downgrading Minnesota based on recent results by the Lakers young guys. I am a lot more confident in BI and Zo today than I was even a week or two ago.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Ingram, Ball, Randle + Hart, Kuzma, Zubac should be one of the best young core in the league. The best part is they keep improving individually and collectively.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject:

We have to add the Clippers, their young core is showing good for a playoff team. Harrell is a beast, I wanted him instead of Nance and now he is dominating other bigs. Shamet is looking good and can shoot the lights out some nights. SGA is getting good at running the team. And Zu is taking advantage of the minutes he is getting and showing that he can be a rim protector. They start 3 players under the age of 22 and are on a roll.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
We have to add the Clippers, their young core is showing good for a playoff team. Harrell is a beast, I wanted him instead of Nance and now he is dominating other bigs. Shamet is looking good and can shoot the lights out some nights. SGA is getting good at running the team. And Zu is taking advantage of the minutes he is getting and showing that he can be a rim protector. They start 3 players under the age of 22 and are on a roll.

from the limited amount I've seen him Shamet reminds me of Smush Parker for some reason
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Question: Harrell has been a gem. Going forward, and looking at the draft, free agency, etc., whom would you like to see us add?
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Lol how quickly things change.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Question: Harrell has been a gem. Going forward, and looking at the draft, free agency, etc., whom would you like to see us add?

I haven’t even looked at free agents past the big names and since I didn’t think we would be in the lottery I haven’t paid attention to college. I guess it’s time for a crash course.

One player that I have seen a few times and really like as a second round pick is Anthony Lamb of Vermont.
MustardJam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Bucks have the best young core now because Giannis is worth so much more than anyone else. I don’t even know where Lakers are. Their young core can’t even finish a regular season.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I haven’t even looked at free agents past the big names and since I didn’t think we would be in the lottery I haven’t paid attention to college. I guess it’s time for a crash course.

One player that I have seen a few times and really like as a second round pick is Anthony Lamb of Vermont.

Makes sense. It's a question better posed in about 2 months.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Nuggets and Sixers are tier one, but Nuggets have better cohesion than the sixers imo, so I would rate them as the best young core.

Embiid the best player though out of everyone that is allowed.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers Have the 5th Best Young Core (25 or Under)

yinoma2001 wrote:
I made a post about a year ago concerning young emerging cores (I couldn’t find it in the archives). So, now that we have a bit of more information, let’s compare some young cores (age 25 or under). Here’s how I’ve rated them:

1. Minny: KAT, Dunn, Wiggins, Jones, Lavine, Muhammad
2. 76ers: Embiid, Simmons, Saric, Noel, Okafor, TLC, Stauskas
3. Bucks: Giannis, Brogdon, Thon, Middleton, Parker, Snell
4. Jazz: Exum, Favors, Gobert, Hood, Lyles
5. Lakers: DLO, Ingram, Jules, JC, Nance, Zubac
6. Nuggets: Harris, Jokic, Nurkic, Mudiay, Murray
7. Suns: Bender, Booker, Chriss, Knight, Len, Warren
8. OKC: Adams, Abrines, Grant, Oladipo, Payne, Sabonis
9. Knicks: Hernangomez, Porky
10. Magic: Biyombo, Fournier, Gordon, Hezonja, Payton

Top 3 IMO are certainly any combination of Minny, 76ers, and Bucks. Bucks have the all-star, Minny has 2 ROY winners, and the 76ers have the likely current ROY (plus several lottery picks this year). The Jazz have some excellent player too. Lakers/Nuggets are probably close together, with Jokic currently being the best player out of the two teams.

Lakers have the 5th best young core under 25. Is that good enough to build on?

If we had kept these guys and added Kuz/Zo, Id say it would be:

1) Sixers
2) Bucks (Giannis mostly)
3) Lakers

So Sad. We would have been in great position.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13
Jump to: