Lakers Have the 5th Best Young Core (25 or Under)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject:

That's a fair assessment.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject:

It's going to sound homerish, but I'm starting to suspect the Lakers really have something with Zubac. Its as much about what he says as how he plays. To have a guy with those physical tools at that age who is so self aware of his talents, his areas that need improvement. It's like other guys talk about where they're at and areas of improvement to be politic. Zu is analyzing the situation and taking action.

Everyone else was so sure he wasn't ready, he's just making moves.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
It's going to sound homerish, but I'm starting to suspect the Lakers really have something with Zubac. Its as much about what he says as how he plays. To have a guy with those physical tools at that age who is so self aware of his talents, his areas that need improvement. It's like other guys talk about where they're at and areas of improvement to be politic. Zu is analyzing the situation and taking action.

Everyone else was so sure he wasn't ready, he's just making moves.

Welcome to the Zub's HOF Club
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject:

Assuming that's true (5th best), it means we'll not win anything with this group.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject:

rogers49 wrote:
Assuming that's true (5th best), it means we'll not win anything with this group.

It means we have a foundation, but we need to look for something else too. At some point we are going to move a few young assets.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/2688168-2016-17-nba-under-25-player-power-rankings

Have 2 Lakers on it.

DLO: #24
Jules: #18

JC: Honorable mention
Ingram/Nance: Not included.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/2688168-2016-17-nba-under-25-player-power-rankings

Have 2 Lakers on it.

I think it's a good placement for the Lakers outside of Myles Turner behind Randle. Sounds like it's considering how they played this season, ordered less by future potential
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Have 2 Lakers on it.

I think it's a good placement for the Lakers outside of Myles Turner behind Randle. Sounds like it's considering how they played this season, ordered less by future potential

Yeah. Should be a nice wake up call for DLO, being a #2 draft pick and all.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject:

honestly I dont think any of our young guys are currently projecting out to be a top 15 level player.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
honestly I dont think any of our young guys are currently projecting out to be a top 15 level player.

It's honestly too early to say with Ingram given his age, frame and upward trend this month, but this is a fair assessment. I think if everything breaks right with D'Angelo he could be a top 20 player, but we haven't seen him show this yet. We're talking very intangibly when we say either of these guys could get there.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Errrr the 76ers coming on strong. Playing very well.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The rough "tiers" I would have:

Tier 1: 76ers, Minny, Bucks, Utah

Tier 2: Lakers, Nuggets

Tier 3: PHX, OKC, Knicks, Magic.

IT SURE IS A WIP, A EVER EVOLVING FORMATION, BUT FOR NOW.....

TIER 1: 76'ers, Bucks, Minny

Tier 2: lakers, Nuggets, Suns
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:46 am    Post subject:

From what I've seen I'd say:
1. Ingram
2. Randle
3. Nance
4. Zubac
5. Russell
6. Clarkson

Russell worries me because of his attitude towards the game. He acts like he's bleep and he hasn't done bleep yet. He hasn't shown me what will separate his game from other yet. Also when he misses 3s (mostly due to technical flaws) you know the team is in for a bad night, because he doesn't bring it defensively, which is even more highlighted when his offense isn't going. What I'm saying is that he should let his game alone speak, when he gets the playoffs at least, then he could start talking a little bit.
Same sentiments for Randle too, although his play has generally been better than Russell's; and there are nights, when he's focused, he looks like the best player on the court.
Our guys need to work on their individual skills for the team to succeed.
Also I need more rebounds from Clarkson.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
1. Ingram
2. Randle
3. Nance
4. Zubac
5. Russell
6. Clarkson

Russell worries me because of his attitude towards the game. He acts like he's bleep and he hasn't done bleep yet. He hasn't shown me what will separate his game from other yet. Also when he misses 3s (mostly due to technical flaws) you know the team is in for a bad night, because he doesn't bring it defensively, which is even more highlighted when his offense isn't going. What I'm saying is that he should let his game alone speak, when he gets the playoffs at least, then he could start talking a little bit.
Same sentiments for Randle too, although his play has generally been better than Russell's; and there are nights, when he's focused, he looks like the best player on the court.

What is this talking you speak of?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
1. Ingram
2. Randle
3. Nance
4. Zubac
5. Russell
6. Clarkson

So you think a quieter (Nance) and less proven (Zubac) guys are better than DLO b/c he talks too much. Ok.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
diando wrote:
1. Ingram
2. Randle
3. Nance
4. Zubac
5. Russell
6. Clarkson

So you think a quieter (Nance) and less proven (Zubac) guys are better than DLO b/c he talks too much. Ok.

And he doesn't even talk all that much.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
diando wrote:
1. Ingram
2. Randle
3. Nance
4. Zubac
5. Russell
6. Clarkson

The time DLO, the 20 year old, dared to post up the all-star Dame, who took exception to DLO being physical (and throwing a few chicken wings).

When Dame got in his face, DLO should have just bowed in a 90 degree angle to show him respect (and not look Dame in the face of course).
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dominator wrote:
diando wrote:
1. Ingram
2. Randle
3. Nance
4. Zubac
5. Russell
6. Clarkson

The time DLO, the 20 year old, dared to post up the all-star Dame, who took exception to DLO being physical (and throwing a few chicken wings).

When Dame got in his face, DLO should have just bowed in a 90 degree angle to show him respect (and not look Dame in the face of course).

That's not what I'm talking about. It's about acting like a superstar and you aren't one, especially when your game isn't backing it up.
Of course I want him to stand up for himself against anybody... but, taking that game as an example, he lost the battle after that. In that game I'd wish he'd take Lillard to the block every trip down.

I'm talking about the swagger interviews, the ads, the celebrations (ice water in my veins) and the fact that his jersey is used as the model jersey like he is the biggest face of the franchise now. Truthfully right now, the big money SF locked in for 4 years that should have that honor, even if father time is catching up. All I'm saying is that the game needs to match the swagger.
Lastly I truly hate the fact that when we face a scoring PG or C, I have a feeling we'd lose due to the lack of defensive ability at those positions and the lack of offensive fire power to match or wear out the opposition on most nights.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject:

I would say Randle, Russell and Ingram all could be very special if they reach their ceiling. Randle, his combine of power, speed and ball handling skill are very special. He has the physical tools to be next Karl Malone or Charles Barkley. His power and speed are tough to match. Russell, his combine of size, court version and shooting touch are also very special. Will he becomes next penny? Ingram, a KD body and natural playmaker. Has a very good feel to the game. He could be very special once he become physically ready.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dominator wrote:
diando wrote:
1. Ingram
2. Randle
3. Nance
4. Zubac
5. Russell
6. Clarkson

That's not what I'm talking about. It's about acting like a superstar and you aren't one, especially when your game isn't backing it up.
Of course I want him to stand up for himself against anybody... but, taking that game as an example, he lost the battle after that. In that game I'd wish he'd take Lillard to the block every trip down.

I'm talking about the swagger interviews, the ads, the celebrations (ice water in my veins) and the fact that his jersey is used as the model jersey like he is the biggest face of the franchise now. Truthfully right now, the big money SF locked in for 4 years that should have that honor, even if father time is catching up. All I'm saying is that the game needs to match the swagger.
Lastly I truly hate the fact that when we face a scoring PG or C, I have a feeling we'd lose due to the lack of defensive ability at those positions and the lack of offensive fire power to match or wear out the opposition on most nights.

What does any of that have to do with how he's played and statistically stacks up compared to the rest of the young guys on the team

also regarding your comments about defense, he's the best defender at guard on the team at 20 years old

Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
diando wrote:
1. Ingram
2. Randle
3. Nance
4. Zubac
5. Russell
6. Clarkson

Where did he say this
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
diando wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dominator wrote:
diando wrote:
1. Ingram
2. Randle
3. Nance
4. Zubac
5. Russell
6. Clarkson

What does any of that have to do with how he's played and statistically stacks up compared to the rest of the young guys on the team

also regarding your comments about defense, he's the best defender at guard on the team at 20 years old

^you realize that saying he's the best defender on this team, let alone "the best defender at guard," means NOTHING right? You also realize that the NBA is now a heavily friendly league, where players' personalities directly impact choices that free agents make right?

diando clearly stated that Russell's attitude is worrisome, and that if Russell is having a bad shooting night he hurts the team because he can't make a difference defensively. The same holds true for Randle, who doesn't always seem engaged.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dominator wrote:
diando wrote:
1. Ingram
2. Randle
3. Nance
4. Zubac
5. Russell
6. Clarkson

Well said. Wanted to add that the D'Lo "daring to post up the All-Star Dame" narrative is pathetic tbh. D'Lo did not go off that game. Lakers lost and looked like chumps. It wasn't a moment like when Shaq dunked on Bynum, then Bynum went at him the very next position and did the same <<< that's how a player let's his game speak.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

UG I get what he said, but is that a reason why he has him rated 5th out of our 6 young guys including Zubac who's barely played at all? There's not a single thing related to his actual performance that diando posted. Like if we're ranking players by personality I got

1) Larry
2) Zubac
3) Randle
4) Clarkson
5) Ingram
6) Russell
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Well said. Wanted to add that the D'Lo "daring to post up the All-Star Dame" narrative is pathetic tbh. D'Lo did not go off that game. Lakers lost and looked like chumps. It wasn't a moment like when Shaq dunked on Bynum, then Bynum went at him the very next position and did the same <<< that's how a player let's his game speak.

LOL, they played each other within a week and DLO was posting up Dame in that previous game.

So when this 20 year old kid has the temerity to do it again, Dame is understandably flustered and upset by it. It's an ego thing (and of course right now Dame is much better than DLO). I thought it was so silly for Dame to get upset over that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13
Jump to: