Looks like Brandon Ingram is being groomed to be our Draymond Green
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Looks like Brandon Ingram is being groomed to be our Draymond Green

Anybody else see that? The way he is being asked to bring the ball up and facilitate offense? I think he ultimately becomes out PF in the future once he adds more bulk, but you can see this kid coming and I think he will be a nightmare in that role.

I don't know what that means for Randle, but I see Ingram as the future PF of this team when they start to become good.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject:

Im fine with a package of Randle and Clarkson + Houston's Pick for Paul George this summer.

PG- Fultz/ Ball
SG- Russell
SF- PG13
PF- Ingram
C- Moz/ Zubac
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Im fine with a package of Randle and Clarkson + Houston's Pick for Paul George this summer.

PG- Fultz/ Ball
SG- Russell
SF- PG13
PF- Ingram
C- Moz/ Zubac

Ingram cannot play PF next year. Way too skinny, even if he puts on 15 lbs of muscle over the summer.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject:

I think Ingram is 2-4 years away from playing pf.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
I think Ingram is 2-4 years away from playing pf.

Exactly. I also think we are about 2 years from competing for a playoff spot.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject:

I think if you asked B.I he would rather be our Kevin Durant or Steph Curry.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject:

I believe Ingram has the potential to be the best scorer out of all the Lakers young guys (as long as he irons out the 3ball as I think he will). We're getting a small sample of that now, and he hasn't even started gaining nba strength and agility yet. Just imagine him with more strength, slightly more athletic, and an improved jumper...all of which he should be able to do if he continues to work hard. I don't see Dreymond at all, but the fact that Ingram is a really good passer and has a high bball iq is just the cherry on top. In my mind he's our best prospect by far. That doesn't mean he'll be the best player out of the group, he just has the highest ceiling imo.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
I believe Ingram has the potential to be the best scorer out of all the Lakers young guys (as long as he irons out the 3ball as I think he will). We're getting a small sample of that now, and he hasn't even started gaining nba strength and agility yet. Just imagine him with more strength, slightly more athletic, and an improved jumper...all of which he should be able to do

I never got that big-time scorer vibe from BI. More of a stat stuffing guy who may score in the low 20s (still a good scoring average).
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
I believe Ingram has the potential to be the best scorer out of all the Lakers young guys (as long as he irons out the 3ball as I think he will). We're getting a small sample of that now, and he hasn't even started gaining nba strength and agility yet. Just imagine him with more strength, slightly more athletic, and an improved jumper...all of which he should be able to do

I never got that big-time scorer vibe from BI. More of a stat stuffing guy who may score in the low 20s (still a good scoring average).

I don't think he will be a KD type scorer, but I do think he can hit mid 20's(close to your prediction) in his prime should he lock in that 3 ball (37%peak?). He just has too many physical tools not to. I think people are confusing his demeanor with youth right now. He's 19 and realizes that he has a way to go before being a little more vocal and selfish.

He's already getting to the basket and finishing with his length, imagine what he can do if he can add some strength and explosiveness. Not to mention, if he learns to add counters to all of his moves.

Last edited by oldschool32 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:

I don't think he will be a KD type scorer, but I do think he can hit mid 20's in his prime should he lock in that 3 ball (37%peak?). He just has too many physical tools not to. I think people are confusing his demeanor with youth right now. He's 19 and realizes that he has a way to go before being a little more vocal.

He's already getting to the basket and finishing with his length, imagine what he can do if he can add some strength and explosiveness. Not to mention, if he learns to add counters to all of his moves.

I don't think he will be a KD type scorer, but I think he will be up there with PG 13 and Butler. If he puts in work, I know he will, I think he will be a 25ppg guy in 3 or 4 years.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:

I don't think he will be a KD type scorer, but I do think he can hit mid 20's(close to your prediction) in his prime should he lock in that 3 ball (37%peak?). He just has too many physical tools not to. I think people are confusing his demeanor with youth right now. He's 19 and realizes that he has a way to go before being a little more vocal and selfish.

I'm not sure he will be counted on as a primary scoring option b/c he will have so many other roles on the team (could be best defender/part time ball handler). This is assuming of course (like all of our young guys) he's around a Laker for the future.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

I only expected Brandon to avg around 7-10 ppg this season, although I only expected him to play around 20-22 mpg. I really think because of his slight frame, age, and a few other issues that we wouldn't get a good vision of what we have until around the end of his rookie contract.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:

I'm not sure he will be counted on as a primary scoring option b/c he will have so many other roles on the team (could be best defender/part time ball handler). This is assuming of course (like all of our young guys) he's around a Laker for the future.

If he's the most capable player of getting that bucket, no matter what he is capable of, he will get that role. Those things sort of iron themselves out. They aren't going to have him setting up the offense so Clarkson can go get a shot if Brandon has developed those skills no matter what type of point forward skills he has. I believe he's the closest thing to untouchable that the Lakers have (strictly my opinion though). I think the Lakers only deal him for a star player, and I don't think PG-13 is that guy. I think Ingram can be on par with the player George is, but the caveat is he is only 19 and has 12+ years left.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:

If he's the most capable player of getting that bucket, no matter what he is capable of, he will get that role. Those things sort of iron themselves out. They aren't going to have him setting up the offense so Clarkson can go get a shot if Brandon has developed those skills no matter what type of point forward skills he has. I believe he's the closest thing to untouchable that the Lakers have (strictly my opinion though). I think the Lakers only deal him for a star player, and I don't think PG-13 is that guy. I think Ingram can be on par with the player George is, but the caveat is he is only 19 and has 12+ years left.

I agree Ingram can be a really good players with a longer time frame, but part of the problem is he will need a good amount of time. 2-3 years. Not sure the FO has that kind of patience.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

in what world can Ingram play PF next year?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

i think brandon ingram is grooming himself to be brandon ingram. same with russell, same with randal...

we cannot compare these players to any of the stars just yet because quite frankly they are not that good yet.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram is a sure thing for us. Of course he has to work on it and he desperately need to work on her free throws...
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
i think brandon ingram is grooming himself to be brandon ingram. same with russell, same with randal...

we cannot compare these players to any of the stars just yet because quite frankly they are not that good yet.

thank you, stop trying to make this GS south, they have had a nice run but for us to elevate to elite status we need our players to be the best versions of themselves and Luke needs to develop a style of play to take advantage of each players strengths
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I agree Ingram can be a really good players with a longer time frame, but part of the problem is he will need a good amount of time. 2-3 years. Not sure the FO has that kind of patience.

I agree with this, but as you said, this goes for all our players. I think Russell may be the most developed/closest to his ceiling(will go as far as his jumper takes him), so depending on how the front office views him, that could mean he could stay on a team that is ready to compete in the playoffs should they start blowing things up with trades.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I agree with this, but as you said, this goes for all our players. I think Russell may be the most developed/closest to his ceiling(will go as far as his jumper takes him), so depending on how the front office views him, that could mean he could stay on a team that is ready to compete in the playoffs should they start blowing things up with trades.

I think we have solid #2/3 options in DLO/BI. We will likely be in the hunt for a more established #1 option. Problem is that may cost us said #2 or #3 option.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think we have solid #2/3 options in DLO/BI. We will likely be in the hunt for a more established #1 option. Problem is that may cost us said #2 or #3 option.

Agree. I'm holding out hope that the Lakers can find a path to a superstar player that only involves Randle, Clarkson, another small piece or straight through free agency. If PG truly does want to play for the Lakers and forces his way here, the Pacers take what we give or we wait until he's a free agent. PG-13 is a tier below other superstars(Bron, Curry, Durant, Davis etc), and would definitely need all the talented players around him that is possible to be a contender.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

Nope, that's Randle and it's been an abject failure so far. That is, the Randle at center experiment isn't working and might never work. Luke has gone too far with it.

Green is a defensive anchor, the heart of soul of that Warriors. He embraces that role. They are horrible without him. He doesn't put up stats but he has superstar-level impact on both ends. He also doesn't fish for stats, which I can't say for the players here.

On Ingram -

BI's going to be good. He'll go as far as his strength/weight take him. Some coaches/scouts predicted the early season struggles, but they still believe he'll be a star/superstar somewhere down the road. It's an optimistic projection, but it's beginning to make sense with his recent play. I will be updating some of my projections on him, because he's adjusting very well to NBA level physicality.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

Space Jam universe? I don't think that is what he was saying.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
2019 wrote:

Space Jam universe? I don't think that is what he was saying.

His arms & length resemble that remark.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

I think that is one of the more off base comps I've seen for Brandon.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: